Match 43: England vs Germany. 5PM (BST) BBC1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

England playing with a strikerless formation ;) such out of the box thinking from Southgate.

Pretty poor match, both teams to afraid it seems.

Closest we have to a striker right now is Slabhead ffs

4 minutes ago, Bootador said:

DCL rightly aggrieved to not be on the bench if we're playing for free kicks

I was genuinely pretty annoyed by that. He obviously shouldn't be first choice or the standard option off the bench, but pretty obvious that one possible match situation is England needing a goal and Germany packing the box. In that situation a target man is a useful thing, especially one that runs channels and presses as well.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Don't understand calls for going to back 4 at all I have to say. Part of the reason we've looked solid is the back 3. Walker's pace incredibly important. 

I don't think we've looked solid, but agree Walker has done a good job defensively

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

Walker's recovery pace crucial if we go more attacking. Has to be Trippier imo

Agreed. Already seen Walker's (somewhat ironic, given his name) speed come into play a couple of times to cut out Germany.

Looking at the benches, I think England have the better options. Could be crucial. Sane and Gnabry will probably be turned to at some point for Germany, but Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rashford, Bellingham and Sancho all look like good options. 

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

Looking at the benches, I think England have the better options. Could be crucial. Sane and Gnabry will probably be turned to at some point for Germany, but Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rashford, Bellingham and Sancho all look like good options. 

Don't think there's a question about that. 

Question is how soon Southgate will use them.

3 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Don't understand calls for going to back 4 at all I have to say. Part of the reason we've looked solid is the back 3. Walker's pace incredibly important. 

Dominated the ball for long periods against a massive team, basically for about the first time ever. Get to 65 minutes at 0-0, then let Foden and Grealish or Sancho run at them.

Imagine if Gareth actually knows what he’s doing.

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Agreed. Useless up front and almost gave away a goal with that terrible backpass.

He gave the pass on Goretzka, picked off quite a few balls in the midfield and is positioning well to keep the English midfield busy. He's also guiding his teammates continuously. Didn't do anything wrong apart from that dreadfull backpass. I'd keep him on for a while more. Bring a faster player later in the game, when the chess game in the midfield is over and it comes down to speed.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

I know. Real surprise that England are involved in a turgid game.

4x as many shots on target as there was in the first half of Swiss game last night and a goal saving tackle to deny another fwiw.