Match 38: Italy vs Austria 8PM (BST) BBC One live from WEMBLEY !

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Austria is structured really well at the back but their attacking isn't that great in terms of quality, but tactically it is a superb transition. 

Italy lacks the necessary quality to finish the game off, something they could have done from the first half. 

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

Arnautovic is really good striker. I wonder how his career would have went if he played as a striker for most of it

Didn't he once tell Mourinho he was better Zlatan when he was at Inter?

10 minutes ago, DJ said:

Why is that not a yellow for Sabitzer? Clearly making the foul to stop play. 

Maybe cause the refeeres sometimes take into account the spirit of the game also, not only the letters of the laws. It was nothing malicious anyways, Taylor had a good refereeing so far.

Thing with VAR, imagine them getting rid of it - every single decision now would be discussed even more than it was before in the context of "WHY WAS VAR NOT HERE FOR THIS?" It would be horrific.

11 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Yeh I thought that should have been yellow too. Thought deliberately fouling opponents was an immediate yellow, even if it's not dangerous etc.

It doesn't seem to be when 'intelligently' stopping a counter near the opposition box tbh

47 minutes ago, Pukey said:

This is such an odd game, I feel like in most circumstances I'd be saying how crap it's been, and I don't blame people if they've hated it, but I've actually really enjoyed it :D 

It’s been terrific. Austria have played it brilliantly. Set up well, organised, make sure they are still in the game with half an hour to go. Now it’s opening up and either team can win it. If they been more open from the start they would have been murdered, now they are within touching distance of their biggest result in 40 years. This is what international football is all about. Just amazing drama and tension even if people aren’t tearing up and down notching loads of shots on target.

Edited by Rob1981

Just now, Pukey said:

Thing with VAR, imagine them getting rid of it - every single decision now would be discussed even more than it was before in the context of "WHY WAS VAR NOT HERE FOR THIS?" It would be horrific.

Imagine if it existed in the 70s, you’d never have won anything. Dirty Leeds Scum

Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

Imagine if it existed in the 70s, you’d never have won anything. Dirty Leeds Scum

We still sing we are the champions of Europe because of us getting shafted by referee decisions ffs :D 

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

It’s been terrific. Austria have played it brilliantly. Set up well, organised, make sure they are still in the game with half an hour to go. Now it’s opening up and either team can win it. If they been more open from the start they would have been murdered, now they are within touching distance of their biggest result in 40 years. This is what international football is all about. Just amazing drama even if people aren’t tearing up and down notching loads of shots on target.

Austria's manager should be sacked after this no matter what the result for such negativity imo.

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

Danny Murphy thinks that both teams have a 50/50 chance of winning in extra time :D Probably thinks penalties are a lottery too

Yeah, he was on the other night still trying to argue that you can’t practise penalties.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I wonder what it would be like if they based the VAR off referee body cams instead. Would certainly shed light on why referees make the decisions they do.

• Administrators

Chiesa is such quality. Why they don't play him instead of Berardi normally?