Match 38: Italy vs Austria 8PM (BST) BBC One live from WEMBLEY !

Coulthard's Jaw

Just now, sc91 said:

I too prefer to actually enjoy the emotion of football rather than constantly having to sit back, hold back and watch the fun get sucked away, in incredibly important games.

I just don't understand how it removes all the emotion though. I really, really don't. Yeah, it's a pain when you think your team has scored and it's disallowed, but when it's a very obviously correct decision then surely that's better for everyone? 

Again, VAR clearly isn't perfect but the "oh no it means I wait!" just makes absolutely zero sense to me. Maybe it's because I've watched rugby league a lot in the past and the idea of waiting for certain decisions isn't new, but I'd much rather decisions like the one tonight be correct instead of "teh emotions" and have everyone harping on for hours about how it shouldn't have counted.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, no matter what people think, VAR is here to stay at the top levels and is only going to become more integrated, not less. If people can't stand that they'll have to move to other sports, I guess. Ones that don't use tech like Rug.. err cricke.... tenn..? Ah.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Would you have taken VAR when Henry handled that goal in for France that time?

Watching that goal at the time I didn't really see any appeals for VAR, it looked like an automatic check to me.

I'd prefer human errors in real time over VAR anyway. 

If they can't review it within a minute then VAR shouldn't be happening. The Denmark one was mad today.

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Either way, no matter what people think, VAR is here to stay at the top levels and is only going to become more integrated, not less. If people can't stand that they'll have to move to other sports, I guess. Ones that don't use tech like Rug.. err cricke.... tenn..? Ah.

Darts?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Please haul Berardi off ffs :D 

What a shot that was :D 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Watching that goal at the time I didn't really see any appeals for VAR, it looked like an automatic check to me.

I'd prefer human errors in real time over VAR anyway. 

If they can't review it within a minute then VAR shouldn't be happening. The Denmark one was mad today.

So? The replay showed it was pretty clearly offside and therefore shouldn't have counted. Decisions could be quicker but still.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Pukey said:

So? The replay showed it was pretty clearly offside and therefore shouldn't have counted. Decisions could be quicker but still.

They should be taking one look at it and deciding, shouldn't be freeze framing and taking ages.

I'm actually fine with human error. 

If the team on the wrong side of it can't create chances and score otherwise they shouldn't be counting on VAR/refereeing to save them.

Just now, Haguey said:

He's not your player anymore, you don't have to pretend he was any good ;)

He had his flaws but any player that stuck with us despite us hiring David ****ing Hockaday has my respect. And he genuinely was a good player for the most part!

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

This is such an odd game, I feel like in most circumstances I'd be saying how crap it's been, and I don't blame people if they've hated it, but I've actually really enjoyed it :D 

I'd probably enjoy it more if they could get shots on target

Italy have had 2 on target from 18, Austria are 1/10