Match 38: Italy vs Austria 8PM (BST) BBC One live from WEMBLEY !

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel like I say this every time VAR is used, but I completely understand some complaints about it but I genuinely have no idea why people are crying about in cases like this where it's been used perfectly. The goal was offside, it should be disallowed, I genuinely don't understand what more people want in that scenario outside of an incorrect decision being made?

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

So you prefer wrong decisions?

Prefer not waiting on a decision and enjoying the moment. I'd take a 1000 wrong decisions than having to constantly hold my breathe as checks take place, sucks the joy away.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

There's no way that's a penalty.

I think if the ref gave it, it shouldn't be overturned tbf - but definitely not one that should have been reversed the other way. Offside anyway.

Hinterreger is offside in the FK 

He hits the ball, could be handball, but even if it's not, the other Austria player is offside at the time.

So even if there is a pen, there's no way it can be given. 

1 minute ago, ajw10 said:

If he cannot defend without using his elbow, he shouldn't attempt it

That is absolutely correct. Can't complain when it is given.

6 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I too prefer incorrect decisions in incredibly important games.

I too prefer to actually enjoy the emotion of football rather than constantly having to sit back, hold back and watch the fun get sucked away, in incredibly important games.

1 minute ago, sc91 said:

Prefer not waiting on a decision and enjoying the moment. I'd take a 1000 wrong decisions than having to constantly hold my breathe as checks take place, sucks the joy away.

I'm actually sympathetic to this. 

1 minute ago, sc91 said:

I too prefer to actually enjoy the emotion of football rather than constantly having to sit back, hold back and watch the fun get sucked away, in incredibly important games.

Would you have taken VAR when Henry handled that goal in for France that time?

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

VAR being slow is one of the legitimate complaints I understand, and no coincidence it's the English refs :D They need to work out to do things much quicker the rest of Europe.

Or its just that some instances arent clear cut and require a good look if its that tight of an offside for example? Denmarks 4th today took an age to be checked.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

I like that he is small and looks unique

I like this too. Is he the shortest player at the Euros?

This is really awfull to watch. Looks like stupid amaerican football game. Every 10 minutes they stop the game for a minute to check everything. The game lived from wrong decisions... hand of god to name one.... this definatly sucks me

2 minutes ago, sc91 said:

I think the compromise is what we've seen in this tournament. Goals like Arnautovic shouldn't be allowed as it's a big human error. If someone's toe is offside then that clearly should stand