Match 38: Italy vs Austria 8PM (BST) BBC One live from WEMBLEY !

Coulthard's Jaw

ROAD TO THE LAST 16:

Italy went 3-0. 3-0. 1-0 in the group stages and got pretty much universal praise for their play. These lads are contenders.

Austria beat North Macedonia, lost to the Netherlands and then pulled off a final game 1-0 win over Ukraine.

Italy are massive favourites for this, in fact an Austria win would be one of the all time big shocks in Euros history. Don't expect this one to go to ET.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, craigcwwe said:

Not get mixed up with Baumgartlinger?

You know, like Lainer and Laimer? ;) 

No, I was certain Baumgartner was injured. I was on the UEFA predictor picking the first scorer (I chose Berardi, for what it's worth) and saw that he had the injury icon next to him instead of the starting/bench icon.

So yeah, I thought he was out. But looking back at it, Verratti also has that injury icon and he's starting too.

Yes, I get my team news from the predictor, rather than from Twitter like a normal person. :lol:

Leicester's Christian Fuchs talking about the Austrian team on the BBC. I'm surprised Lineker didn't hand over to him by asking, "What does the Fox say?" ;)

Yeah, I know it's not 2013 anymore.

Just now, TM said:

Italy should just win the Euros because of how good their anthem is :cool:

Only one national anthem can beat the Italian anthem... and that is the German anthem followed by the Italian anthem. ;)

2 minutes ago, TM said:

Italy should just win the Euros because of how good their anthem is :cool:

I like Italian rugby union players when they do their anthem, so passionate! 

Just now, CFuller said:

Only one national anthem can beat the Italian anthem... and that is the German anthem followed by the Italian anthem. ;)

French and Italian are the two best, could potentially meet in the SFs as well

Just now, TM said:

French and Italian are the two best, could potentially meet in the SFs as well

France, Italy and Germany are all right up there for me. England's barely makes the knockout rounds.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Austria having a go from the off. Interesting that these two are neighbours, yet they have only played each other once since they met at the 1998 World Cup.

also the discovery for the world (well maybe apart from Italy) of one Salvatore Schillachi at the 1990 World Cup :cool:

For a split second he thinks he can get it. He realises straight away he's wrong and pulls out. It's a nothing incident but the keeper cries about it anyway. If he keeps his studs in it's a different matter but he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Pukey said:

For a split second he thinks he can get it. He realises straight away he's wrong and pulls out. It's a nothing incident but the keeper cries about it anyway. If he keeps his studs in it's a different matter but he doesn't.

This. He's a goalscorer. His first instinct is he's going to get the ball then he pulls out then he realises he couldn't. Pathetic from the keeper and was clearly trying to sway the referee towards a yellow card.

Berardi used to be far better 5-6 years ago. It was a crime by Conte not to use him in the 2016 Euro. It was actually a crime that he fielded the side he did, leaving out all the guys with potential and now people act as if Italy is some random team with no players as they never really got the quality jump from that tournament and the 2018 disaster of what was mostly the old guard didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Berardi's performances really don't match his FM wonderkid status.

Was one of the players I always tried to sign on saves for a few versions when he was in his late teens, early 20s. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

He's 27. :D

This is madness. 

11 minutes ago, CFuller said:

France, Italy and Germany are all right up there for me. England's barely makes the knockout rounds.

This. Although in the World Cup of anthem you would fancy Brazil making the final.