Your Longest/Most Memorable FM Save

• Administrators

Some of you may have already seen the thread for longest FM save for the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/430592-Do-You-Deserve-a-Place-in-the-Guiness-World-Records-Gamer-s-Edition

For those of you (like myself) who sadly don't have a longest save game of 34+ years, what's your longest FM save?

Personally I had an epic game with Nantes in an old CM game (I think 98/99) - using the core of my Nantes team took France to winning the European Championships, that was around 20 seasons.

I also had a Newcastle game go the old limit of 30 seasons in an old CM game, possibly 01/02. Had just have a regen come through to become England captain. Sad times.

In FM05, had a magnificent Oxford United game where I took them into the Premier League and on to winning the UEFA Cup. Then came the Real Madrid job which I took and won every single title available to me in the first season. Then the Oxford job came back up with them struggling in the relegation zone having decimated my team (partly my fault having signed my star striker to partner Michael Owen at Real Madrid). Sadly my departure caused too much heartbreak the first time round and the rejected my advances. :(

Like most things in life, the first time is usually the best.

97/98 the save would have been around 25 years with Bristol Rovers, took them up through the leagues and won everything with them for many years.

Also 97/98 took over at Altrincham, again around 25 years and took them up through the leagues, again won everything many times with them.

So 2 saves and around 50 seasons and all it cost me was a live in girlfriend and the house we shared ..... oh and the cost of the game.

Good times! :D

My longest is 63 seasons on FM11, which wasn't even played over a full 'FM year' as it was after I went back from FM12. It featured my greatest ever side, known as the 'Magical Milan' (with the club having been mid-table for years beforehand), which would have easily broken my personal best of consecutive league titles if I hadn't decided to leave for a new challenge on 7 wins and counting, though I did return to build a second side that was similarly successful but nowhere near as legendary. The 'interregnum' also saw the only times I've ever managed back-to-back promotions and winning a cup at a lower-division side, both at Dunfirmline.

There weren't actually that many highlights in the rest of it probably because I had restricted myself to signing U21 players only which was far more limiting in the lower leagues as I was trying to work my way up. However I did get promoted in Bulgaria simply because a side that finished above me couldn't (they were a long-term junior partner rather than a clear-cut 'B' team, which was why it was quite a shock when I realized) and very briefly interupted Zilina's absurd dominance of Slovakia, on goal difference only.

Mine has to be FM14 save 'The U's and Me' where i took charge of Cambridge United in July 2013 and stayed until my retirement in May 2055. Until that save i'd never been a fan of one club saves or even had a save more than 10 years old but i caught the Cambridge bug and couldn't left go.

After a slow start in the Conference, took 7 years to escape Non League we ended with 2 PL titles and on retirement we had won our third successive CL.

Great memories!

Mine has to be FM14 save 'The U's and Me' where i took charge of Cambridge United in July 2013 and stayed until my retirement in May 2055. Until that save i'd never been a fan of one club saves or even had a save more than 10 years old but i caught the Cambridge bug and couldn't left go.

After a slow start in the Conference, took 7 years to escape Non League we ended with 2 PL titles and on retirement we had won our third successive CL.

Great memories!

Ah yes, that one was a classic :)

I've not gone very far into the future on FM very often, to be honest.

My current FM13 save is my longest-running yet. As of now, I'm about halfway through season 14, although my FMS story based on that save is currently in season 9.

Apart from that, my longest save was 12 seasons on CM00-01. It took me from England to Motherwell via Boavista, Walsall and Wolves. Yes, that is a very strange career path!

I had a 20 year save on CM01/02 with Istanbul Gungorenspor, winning all before me.

Since then my longest save has been this current one on FM14. Just finished the 2029 season and have travelled from Queens Park to Dynamo Dresden and presently at CS Maritimo.

My longest and favourite was my first FM game on FM10, 50 seasons, still have the save, I have every intention of getting that far and further with my current FM15 saves, 2 games on the go, 1 in 15th season and the other is 20 seasons so far.

I'm useless at sticking with saves :(

Yeah I have noticed.:p

33 seasons on FM2007 with a number of French and German clubs, best results came with Hertha Berlin (11 seasons, won 6 or 7 league titles, and finally managed to win the Champions League after previously losing three consecutive finals against English clubs, then resigned) and Bayern (8 seasons in two stints, won everything there is to win). Also managed a bunch of national teams, think it was Romania, Turkey, England and Brazil. I remember winning the World Cup with England on home soil (it was either 2030 or 2034, can`t remember exactly). Had a brilliant Turkey side, I won the Euro and the World Cup, then failed miserably with Brazil. Also won a UEFA Cup, as it was called back then, with Saint Etienne and Werder Bremen, and lost a few other finals with Werder Bremen, Auxerre and Nice.

Longest on FM15 has been 7 seasons (5 with Inter, 2 with Arsenal), and I`m now on my 3rd season in my Hamburg SV save.

I am still playing my first FM2015 save. It is 2054 and I am "rescuing" the club my former manager made world-class. After a journeyman career with my second manager.

The team I am rescuing is Bari in Serie A.

My current Faroese save is by far the longest (and more enjoyable) career I've had with the FM franchise.

Usually I didn't make it past the 10-years mark, more or less the average time it takes to win the CL in my must-have career at Rosenborg.

My longest journeyman save (on FM11) lasted 15 years, going from Jubilo Iwata to Palmeiras, to Sunderland, to Chelsea to Barça (with Cameroon, Chile, Denmark U21, Spain and Italy NTs on the side).

I vaguely recall a longish career on CM97/98 with Inter (of all clubs...) but I can't honestly say how far in the future it had gone. Likely not longer than the usual 10-15 years

43(?) years, possibly. As Villarreal (and Brazil, for part) on FM11, I think. Save of the legendary Clodoaldo; 1000+ goals in his career.

Also went well over 30 years with Wolves, on what must have been the edition before the Villarreal save. Memorable for them building two stadia in my honour :D

Each year my saves get shorter and shorter as my spare time becomes less and the game gets more involved, I think this year I have only managed 7 seasons and won very little. Looking forward to FM16 though as I've promised to give myself more time.

My FM 14 save that started with Stirling Albion, where I won 10 straight SPLs and 3 Champions Cups, moved to Bayern and won the Bundesliga 3 times and 2 more Champions, and then went back to Stirling and won a couple more Champions. Also won the World Cup with Scotland and Spain. Still mess with the save occasionally, it's in 2043 and my manager is approaching retirement (he's 65, if I keep it going I'm going to retire him on his 70th birthday.)

I forget how many seasons I managed but I had a save in FM10 that I played for 3 years before my hard drive died.

I remember winning the champions league final with a couple players I had developed in my team, despite me losing my star striker to injury weeks prior.

On CM96/97/98 i played 15/20 season with one team(most of the time Juventus). Those Juve game are legendary for me.

since FM i'm starting with Manchester United and play with them for 4/5 seasons.. after that i'll never get past the 5th season with the same team.

The problem for me is stop playing for a few days(week(s)) .. my interest in the save i'm playing is gone...

My longest saves are nowhere near as long as some of those mentioned over here. On FM11, I managed AFC Wimbledon for 15 years, got them from the BSP to the Premier League, won two FA Cups, two League Cups (one of these 4 trophies came in the Championship) and reached the CL round of 16 once, losing to Sampdoria. The team even got a new stadium - a 32,000 capacity ground.

I had a long journeyman save on FM12, about 14 years before the game slowed down too much for my liking. Close to 4 years at Algard, a Tippeligaen title with Lillestrom, 4 league titles with Pumas (opening+closing stage), 1 NACL, one African Cup of Nations win with Burkina Faso, one Copa America with Argentina and a CWC with Pumas (beat Barca 2-0 in the semis and Velez Sarsfield 3-0 in the final).

I still play FM 2007 and I am currently at the start of 2120 season with Partizan Beograd. Leagues loaded only Serbian, Slovenian and Croatian. Using my third profile-in 2096 I retired my original one in 2096 due to reality and Hall of fame points (they stopped updating when I changed my computer a few years back). In 2096 I was playing in the name of former regen, but in 2110 I retired it, because my hard disk crashed (I had the save on USB) and if I would continue with the same profile, the Hall of fame won't update, so from 2110 I play in the name of current Partizan basketball coach. :)

In my long term save I have learn lot of things, lots of them happened, there were some individual stories that would require writing a book. In my head there are those, that I want to underline now:

OLD PLAYERS ARE NOT FOR TRASH

For all of my life I had the politics of selling the players who reach 30.

And then I met my legendary wonderkid striker (broke many records), who came through the young rank in 2045 (when the club was celebrating 100 years of existence).

He was born in 2029. A special year.

An asteroid encounter.

We won the treble for the first time in history.

And HE was born.

When he reached 30, I started buying a replacement strikers for him, but it didn't work. I put him back into the first team and he was the core of it, winning the UCL again in 2064 and 2066). The season 2065/66 was one of the best of his career-despite being 36 years old! He would never made it so far if I still insisted of my policy of "youth". He retired in 2067...

INDIVIDUAL RECORDS

And 51 years after his goal scoring league record was broken by another wonderkid who came through your youth ranks, the best Venezuelan striker of all time.

Imagine being dead in 2070. Or throw this save away. This record would never been broken.

Regen die-just like normal persons. If I start a new game, I always know I would see CR, Messi, Rooney...

But in the regen era, I want for the last time to say hello to some of my former regen who scored some famous last minute goal.

It will not happen.

THE ONLY LIVING NON-REGEN

There exists, in 2120, the last remaining non-regen player, who is managing Montenegro from 2068. From his history he was unemployed from 2006 to 2068.

His age? Born in 1970 and his age is -106 years old. Minus 106 years old.

STATIC LEAGUE REPUTATION MAKES THE GAME HARDER

Despite winning 39 UCL titles, club reputation never went beyond Continental and if we fail to win UCL for 4-5 seasons, it resets back to National. Also, there are players with certain nationalities which refuse to join the club-this is connected also to the fact, that Serbia in editor is considered a developing state. Even Mexicans don't want to join. The other part of the story is that the game is becoming harder and harder as many other Serbian teams have won some European trophies plus the fact that the 12-team league splits after 22 rounds. Imagine Barca playing 4 times every season with Real, Sevilla, Atletico, Valencia...

WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND

Back in 2021, we were playing our second consecutive UCL final. Against Porto. In 2020 we lost against Inter and in 2014 we lost UEFA cup final against Bilbao (offside goal).

We outplayed Porto in the first half, missing many sitters.

In the second half our best centreback got sent-off for non existing foul. The penalty was awarded to Porto, who then won 2-0.

That this was a shocking decision, was obvious later, when his ban was overturned!

2 years later. We won our first UCL title by beating Sporting Lisbon in the final.

The tragic guy from 2021 became the UCL best player.

6 years later.

UCL final, played at Porto stadium. Porto v Partizan.

We won 3-1.

Can it be even more sweetest?

Season 2052/53: We beat Porto 10-0 in the UCL quarterfinal (our biggest CL win).

Season 2086/87: UCL final at Porto. Porto v Partizan. Porto remembered its 100th anniversary of its first CL win in 1987.

But not for long.

Final result: Porto 0-5 Partizan.

NEW STADIUM

We had to wait almost 100 years to get a new stadium - in 2104-144.548 all seater. The funny thing-and this is related to the static reputation and to the country status in the editor-that the stadium cost us only 50 million euros, while we received around 150 million by selling our old 120.000 seater stadium.

JOHN TERRY JUMPING CHAIR

Back in 2035, John Terry became my assistant manager.

In April 2036, after the first UCL semifinal matches, he suddenly left and became manager of Chelsea, who were also playing in the semifinals.

He guided them to overcome Liverpool and then - at the helm of the Blues, the man, who was 1 month before still my friend, was my opponent in the UCL final in Trondheim - with us battling for the record 10th UCL title.

We won 2-1.

Six years after we met with the same club with the same manager at the same place. Mr. Terry returned to Chelsea after guiding Milan, Real.

2042-the Second Trondheim Battle.

We won again 3-2. We were 3-0 up at half time, Terry probably scared his lads about their wifes or something, nevermind, they scored 2 goals in the second half and when my player missed a penalty 3 mins to go, I thought they will score another.

My longest save is tied between one I have now and a previous one in fm 12. In fm 12 I started as Brighton, got to the playoffs, lost and was sacked the following season. I then managed yeovil and resigned due to no money being available and my players leaving one by one, then i signed for notts county got them up and left a mere 6 months after taking the job. I ended up back at brighton, took them up as champions and resigned 7 games into the new season, I applied for the chelsea job and got it. Finished 6th in my first season (took over mid season) but did manage a di matteo like champions league run, getting to the final before being dismantled. Built a team which won the league for 3 straight years, 2 league cups, 1 fa cup final, and another champions league final (lost both of the finals) I resigned, and left for AC Milan before my game crashed.

My other save is with york city this year, am in my 11th season in the premiership and with an FA cup and community shield to my name. Lost in the champions league qualifying stage but lost to fenerbahce, an underserved defeat which has annoyed me. Am playing in a new ground which holds 25,000 seats and with luck will be challenging for the title again, and maybe some european silverware as well. My York city save is the one I am really attached to and will not walk away until I'm fired or have won everything several times.

I had a 26 year save on FM 07 that saw me win the Champion's League with Rosenborg (Norway) 5 times, and the Norwegian league 18 years in a row.

It was a hard save to let go of. I fostered a thriving youth system to plug players into my custom 3-5-2 tactic, and I had some very memorable wins in Europe.

I distinctly remember playing Arsenal in the Champions League final for both my 500th and 1000th game (what are the odds of that). The 500th game was my first Champions League win, and the 1000th was my 5th. Towards the 'end' of the save, I was basically playing weakened squads in the Norwegian league, only putting out my 'true' starting 11 in Europe. If I put out my strongest in Norway, it wasn't unusual for games to end six or seven - nil.

My favorite player from the save was a South Korean named Young-Hoon Kim. He was an AM C, and I picked him up in 2012, which was the year I was allowed to start scouting the world. He played until 2027, and was integral in me winning three European cups. I also had a Portuguese youth product MC called Dias who played for me from 2008 to 2029, captaining for 17 years. He wasn't the best player, but he was consistent.

I'm pretty sure I put about 40 days worth of play time into that save, and I can still name most of my starting 11 from 2012-2022 off the top of my head, as this was my 'golden age'. I miss that save a lot. Since then, I've never really had the time to pump into newer versions of the game, so I tend to pick bigger teams with bigger budgets, as opposed to picking less glamorous European sides and leading them to a dominant position. I only buy odd-year FMs, and I usually go with Manchester United as my first save. Sometimes I try to start a Rosenborg save again, but it's so difficult to motivate myself to play with them without remembering all of the fantastic players I had in that 07 save...

CM01/02 where I took Billericay Town from Conference to the Premier League and won the FA Cup and finished a highest of 7th in around 32 seasons.

FM11 where I was Newcastle Town for something like 36 seasons (would have to check) finally getting to the Premier League from the Northern Premier League First Division South, but got relegated in my only season there.

I Always start a new save when the latest FM is in the doormat since the first FM (didn't pick up on CM for some reason), no experience sunday league and unemployed and journeymanning around the globe.

I've had some good saves along the way, taking Brechin City all the way comes to mind, and a good spell at Guingamp and Stuttgarter Kickers aswell. Getting minnows Pewsey Vale FC up three tiers was quite enjoyable too. I can't remember which save was which FM-version though. My longes save lasted into the 2060's.

My current FM15 save is also quite good and getting close to 25 seasons. Starting at the bottom in Sweden at Götene this is about what happened (from the head so maybe not accurate):

Götene (Swedish 4th tier, 1 season, no succes, resigned)

BK Derby (Swedish 4th tier, 5 seasons, no success, resigned)

Motala AIK (Swedish 4th tier, 6 seasons, three promotions and champions of Sweden)

Karlsruher SC (German 2nd tier, half a season, no success, resigned)

FC St. Pauli (German 2nd tier, 3 seasons, promotion)

SC Bastia (French 1st tier, 2 seasons, EL qualification)

Aston Villa (English 1st tier, 3/4 season, no success, sacked)

Blackburn Rovers (English 2nd tier, 1 season, no success, resigned)

Viborg FF (Danish 1st tier, 1/2 season, relegated, sacked)

Randers FC (Danish 1st tier, 2 seasons, 2 times champion of Denmark and 2 Danish cup wins)

AS Roma (Italian 1st tier, 2 seasons, EL qualification, resigned)

Rosario Central (Argentinian 1st tier, 1 season, no success, resigned)

Everton (English 1st tier, 1 season, EL qualification, ongoing.....)

I reached 2063 on my old fm 14 save, didn't achieve much after 2025, except for a little bit of success in the 2040's.

My new laptop seems to only be able to reach 2053, I'm on my second long term save but i plan on transferring this over to a powerful computer when i can afford it.

my current one.

beating Real Madrid 6-0 in a CL final

and a 12-0 against BATE

and this season, GD of 100

wins 8-1 away at Arsenal

6-1 at home against city

6-0 against Liverpool at home in league and Champions league

8-0 against Burnley in the FA cup

and a few other 6-0 wins

Guys, I am interested-has anyone in your long term saves experienced the finance bug (at least in Fm07 it seems to exist) - when you have too much money and then suddenly, when you reach above 2-3 billion euros, you go to debt, part of your stadium is closed and you are forced to sell your players? And how did you solve it? I have seen screenshots on some forums and on my save I currently have 2.8 billion euros in the coffers, but the finance graph tells as soon as I will reach above 3 bn euros, I will be in negative numbers. I guess one way is to use an editor (FMM?) to remove extra cash?

Two spring to mind. The first was the version where the German Regional Leagues merged to become 3. Liga (Can't remember which FM that was) where I managed St. Pauli for something like 15 seasons (I now watch them regularly online and have a shirt). The second was a Journeyman career which took in a French team (Can't remember who), Mansfield, Southampton, Villa, Leverkusen, Birmingham & finally AC Milan, on FM10 I believe which lasted around 20 seasons I think.

Archived