First FM15 feature revealed: Twitch Integration

Miles Jacobsen just told on Twitch stream. One new feature will be integration with Twitch, being able to directly broadcast from the game. With voice and video chat coming later this year.

Official video with all the new features will be broadcasted on Twitch on Tuesday Oct. 7, and will be 30 minutes long. It will reveal almost all new features for FM15, except for a few left to discover for us.

Thoughts?

Do you think people will watch Football Manager on Twitch?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see it being useful to help new players. Being able to go in to T&T and post a twitch link to help with tactical building. live streaming each of your players and being able to get direct input from other users on what may work could be amazing.

I'm not into Twitch at all, but those are very good reasons for having it.

Same question here...

Twitch is a video platform to broadcast and to watch games. So basically you can go to Twitch.tv, select a game you want to watch, then you can watch other people playing the game, some of them give live commentary. You can also broadcast on Twitch while you play the game. For some people it's interesting. For FM particularly it *might* be a bit boring, compared to other action packed games you can watch on the site.

I think that Twitch integration in FM is a good thing. Whether people will actually watch someone play FM on Twitch is another matter. But if someone makes like something like "Twitch plays FM" or "Fish plays FM", I guess that can work. :D

But imo a game like FM isn't great with Twitch. FM isn't fit for live commentary.

With YouTube and Facebook integration in the game, it was only a matter of time before Twitch joined the party though.

I think that Twitch integration in FM is a good thing. Whether people will actually watch someone play FM on Twitch is another matter. But if someone makes like something like "Twitch plays FM" or "Fish plays FM", I guess that can work. :D

But imo a game like FM isn't great with Twitch. FM isn't fit for live commentary.

With YouTube and Facebook integration in the game, it was only a matter of time before Twitch joined the party though.

Will Youtube integration work properly this time? I still get the "incorrect login details" issue despite having no other details or anything resembling the steps shown on the Sega site. I don't see the point in twitch for a management game, I find when i'm in a room with friends watching them play a game i'm bored, doing the same online cannot be any better...

People playing games stream themselves playing said games, other people watch.

Seems extremely tedious in an FM sense to be honest.

And then the live commentary of the player: "And now my regen defender passes to my regen midfielder who in turn tries to play a through ball for my regen striker..." :lol:

Let's hope that they started with the least relevant feature and not what they thought to be this years highlight :p

And then the live commentary of the player: "And now my regen defender passes to my regen midfielder who in turn tries to play a through ball for my regen striker..." :lol:

Let's hope that they started with the least relevant feature and not what they thought to be this years highlight :p

Yup. Sounds about right that nothing to do with the quality of the game or in any way relevant to how the game operates, is one of the first things announced. All aboard the twitch bandwagon. That's how we make sales right? People love watching other people playing FM don't they?

To be fair to them, it makes a kind of sense to announce all this on twitch, given that's one of the new features. And then obviously in that case you would need that to be the first feature announced. There will be better ones...there will...yeah.

I don't doubt that there would be some people who could turn this kind of twitch feed into gold, but there's going to be a massive amount of tedium it's obscured by.

As someone who has played his fair share of hotseat games in the past, FM is really not much of a spectator sport.

If you've got someone who's quite entertaining commentating as they play, it could be worth a look, but I don't really see it- it doesn't strike me as a game that lends itself especially well to that format. I suppose "Twitch plays FM" could be an interesting concept, where the decisions are made en masse by those in the chat room watching, but again, that doesn't seem to fit very well with the game- especially in-match, which is time-sensitive, nothing would get done.

I don't think it is something i will partake in to be honest. Then again broadcasting a Champions League Final with a non league side i've taken through the leagues just to have a load of random strangers cheering/booing could be fun! I'm all for a bit of atmosphere!

Not surprising and I love Twitch so... YAY!!!

Don't think FM is the greatest game for streaming but there might be the possibility of doing things like instructional guides with commentary and live pictures, for tactical guides especially it would be nice so that those following can see exactly how/why/where the player is changing things.

Miles Jacobsen just told on Twitch stream. One new feature will be integration with Twitch, being able to directly broadcast from the game. With voice and video chat coming later this year.

Official video with all the new features will be broadcasted on Twitch on Tuesday Oct. 7, and will be 30 minutes long. It will reveal almost all new features for FM15, except for a few left to discover for us.

Thoughts?

Do you think people will watch Football Manager on Twitch?

You know what annoys me about the whole 'lets stick crap on video to announce things'? oh and 'let's not put subtitles on it'?

It excludes me, by reason of disability and it's infuriating.

I remember watching the FM14 videos with Youtube's crappy automatic captions. Bit disappointed they're doing videos again, especially if they don't give accessibility via subs. -_-

seems majority here doesn't see much point in twitch, neither do i. after all, i guess average age for fm players is a bit higher than for #twitchers". hope they indeed started with least important feature.

I don't think it's an important feature at all, they're just doing marketing work for their new partner and promoting the presentation video.

Imho pointless. I'll wait for the feature video hoping they finally revamped tactics, training, match engine and transfer market (fm 2014 ones was as buggy as heck for the italian League - see serie B and below teams not signing any free players).

About the video, for the god of love don't make it 30 minutes straight, cut it in 3 parts of 10 minutes each. And i hope you put subs for non-english people like me.

Twitch is a video platform to broadcast and to watch games. So basically you can go to Twitch.tv, select a game you want to watch, then you can watch other people playing the game, some of them give live commentary. You can also broadcast on Twitch while you play the game. For some people it's interesting. For FM particularly it *might* be a bit boring, compared to other action packed games you can watch on the site.

I don't "get" this at all. Why watch other people play a game when you can play it yourself. Okay for review purposes perhaps, but other than that it seems pointless. At least with youtube you can search for something hopefully interesting on whatever topic you fancy, but just watching some bloke play a game via stream?

*shakes walking stick in the air*

So people watch strangers playing games? Sounds a bit weird to me. I'm still in the camp that thinks youtube and facebook links in FM are pointless.

Same games, particularly the ones loosely known as 'roguelikes' (FTL, Binding of Isaac) are really interesting to watch because of the random and unusual nature of the events that happen in the game, and the various strategies that players use - and the lengths of games are quite short.

Football Manager, not sure how it would work.

I think it comes down to the fact that the features are in the game, it's up to players to make use of them on social media, some people may find creative and interesting ways to use them, most people won't. That's OK by me.

So people watch strangers playing games? Sounds a bit weird to me. I'm still in the camp that thinks youtube and facebook links in FM are pointless.

Absolutely wrong.

People watch Youtube and Twitch streams to either:

1.) Help them judge whether the game is worth buying instead of trusting reviewers

2.) For entertainment. Games like GTA are great to watch if there is a good group of people playing them

Just because you don't do it doesn't mean you have to belittle others who do. I personally don't watch FM on Youtube or Twitch but there are great tutorial videos and experiments out there which are incredibly helpful and interesting. But whatever, we'll just keep being weird :rolleyes:

Absolutely wrong......

To be fair, he only said:

"Sounds a bit weird to me".

I realised myself that I've used YouTube as a tutorial to Civ V in the past fortnight, so that sort of use of online video stuff certainly hits the mark for me.

As far as entertainment goes, I'm not sure how watching other people play FM can possibly entice people. Even if you had the two "best" FM players playing a match against each other, would it draw a crowd? An all action sort of game like GTA or Counter Strike (yes, I'm old :kriss: )might appeal to some people, but even Cleon vs. wwfan as Sheffield Utd vs. Concord Rangers will not get me Twitching :D

Been both streaming FM and watching people play FM on Twitch.

I like it. Especially when streaming and people start asking about aspects of the game. That's when i look at the game from a new perspective

and it has helped me with parts of the game that i had long forgotten or just never knew.

Just 5 people streaming as we speak though.

From a viewer's perspective i find that i can learn a lot more than what i do by reading here on the forums, as i can see cause and effect while people explain why they're doing what they're doing.

Easier for me to interpret and analyse.

Good to see SI focusing on the really important issues that the community feedback to them....

All Twitch represents is a different medium for distributing the new feature video in the short-term. It in no way will deflect development resource from the game itself, so to imply otherwise just isn't necessary thanks.

All Twitch represents is a different medium for distributing the new feature video in the short-term. It in no way will deflect development resource from the game itself, so to imply otherwise just isn't necessary thanks.

You do know there's no point telling people this? They won't listen. :D

Twitch isn't something I've ever used, and it's difficult to see it being as big for FM as it is for other games, but it could have some cool uses. First to come to mind is its use as a tutorial/trainer. YouTube videos could work, but having two-way conversation might just be really valuable.

I confess I watch FM "let's plays" on youtube, primarily to keep me awake in my overnight job and as a video methadone when I can't play FM...but twitch doesn't work from work so this would be a worthless feature for me, as I'm not going to sit at home watching someone else play. So hopefully this new feature won't cause the old features to crash and burn just to benefit the small number of users who will utilize it.

Fantstic!!! uummmm

Archived