Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

2 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

sounds fine, what I don't feel is particularly logic, is the Club vision part. That is surely connected with the manager but seems more like a tool for a Football director than a manager. Especially if you consider that 5 year plan is kind of out of place since average time of a manager at the club is like two times less :D

I would guess that the club’s vision is independent of the manager.  Like the board has a vision and a plan, and if you, the manager, are failing to move the club towards that vision you’ll be sacked, but the next manager will be expected to meet those same goals.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, akm.91 said:

Someone had to say it!! I thought by now we’d have much better graphical improvements that make the game much more immersive. 

Not being funny, but it feels the exact same playing vs Burnley on a Saturday 3pm to playing in a Champions league final...there is just no difference. Back in FM 2015 or 16 the crowd segregation etc was better than it is in the latest version, how does that even happen!! 

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I disagree. Stadium editor would be a fine feature, but for me, the ones they have revealed so far is MUCH more appealing and exciting.

4 minutes ago, coolestrock said:

Careful , you arent allowed those opinions round here :D

A stadium editor leads to all sort of trouble with liceseing and all that. ALSO IT'S A MANAGER GAME why you feel the need to change stadium? Its a minor feature where only a minority of users want or will ever use. same for the database editor it's hardly use by majority of the fan base.

22 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

Another year gone and still nothing regarding a stadium creator/editor smh. Another year of stale, boring, robotic matches in dull, repetitive stadiums. All we want is a bit of realism 🤦🏻‍♂️

First time I’ve ever seriously considered not buying a game in this franchise, hardly anything has changed. Pitch textures, managers suits and a 5 year plan are the headline features...

We’re getting to the point where the game doesn’t need major new ‘features’. Nearly everything is there now and you don’t want to give the player too much to do. 

As long as things are just on a constant evolution and refined now - looking at you match engine - then I’ll be happy. Keep the core game similar and get the matches as close to real football as possible. 

2 minutes ago, DP said:

We’re getting to the point where the game doesn’t need major new ‘features’. Nearly everything is there now and you don’t want to give the player too much to do. 

As long as things are just on a constant evolution and refined now - looking at you match engine - then I’ll be happy. Keep the core game similar and get the matches as close to real football as possible. 

Then why release a game every year? Why not just make it a £10 Player/staff/kit update DLC.

New featured are important. 

Simply not true. They give us the feature and we create stadiums. No difference at all from downloading kits, logos etc. Utter nonsense. 

but is it worth dedicating the already short dev time in something that will only be use by a few people? The time is already split between match engine updates, general game bugs and already planned road map of fixes and features that have a direct impact on game play that benefits all users. 

Just now, Amarante said:

but is it worth dedicating the already short dev time in something that will only be use by a few people? The time is already split between match engine updates, general game bugs and already planned road map of fixes and features that have a direct impact on game play that benefits all users. 

A lot more people are interested in graphics that you might realise. There are better graphics on mobile phone games 🤦🏻‍♂️

Graphics make a game much more immersive

4 minutes ago, Amarante said:

A stadium editor leads to all sort of trouble with liceseing and all that.

Speculation. 

2 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

ALSO IT'S A MANAGER GAME why you feel the need to change stadium?

For the same reason someone might want to edit their club's kits, or perhaps for adding an extra league in the pregame editor or Create-a-Club mode.

Just now, akm.91 said:

A lot more people are interested in graphics that you might realise. There are better graphics on mobile phone games 🤦🏻‍♂️

Graphics make a game much more immersive

Graphics are fine, but I would very much prefer if they improved  animations instead.

Then why release a game every year? Why not just make it a £10 Player/staff/kit update DLC.

There are new features. Focus on youth development, club vision and much more interaction with the players with the playing time pathway. I've requested several of these things for a long time, and I'm elated to see that they are focusing on that this year. Previous years it were the tactics creator, dynamics, new training module, etc. They keep improving the game without wrecking the things that make the game. I think they are on a smart path, but once again, you are entitled to your opinion and disagree with me.

1 minute ago, autohoratio said:

Speculation. 

For the same reason someone might want to edit their club's kits, or perhaps for adding an extra league in the pregame editor or Create-a-Club mode.

editing their club kits or logo is a simple xml file replacement not an entire 3D creator there's a big difference. The league and database editor is a tool used by everyone from si to players. Only players at this moment want a  stadium creator its catering for a niche of an already niche franchise where we have far more things to look at and improve on. 

One person's "revolutionary new feature" might be another person's "minor, inconsequential change".

You can't please everyone, but I for one am encouraged by what I've read and seen so far about these changes to long-term club/player development. The newgen faces also look very promising at first glance. As always, though, I'd wait and see what the Match Engine is like rather than make a sweeping judgement based purely on speculation.

DP makes a good point about FM perhaps not needing many more major additions. Can anyone honestly think of an obvious new feature that would be unquestionably a big addition to FM? I'm don't just mean graphics that could compete with FIFA or that 'eFootball leasing.com PES' thing.

13 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

Because people buy it? :/

I’m happy to buy if I think the evolution is sufficient enough in various areas of the game. Plus the updated squads, competitions etc. 

Edited by DP

The Development Centre will also offer a preview of your yearly youth intake. For so long it’s been a date in the diary for all managers to look forward to, but now you’ll get information before the new crop of talent arrives so you can gauge the level of talent and plan accordingly. In the months leading up to the arrival of your youth intake, you can visit the ‘Youth Candidates’ tab in the Development Centre to access the preview. Not only will you see an indication of how strong that year’s intake will be including whether there are going to be any high potential players coming through but also any positions that are going to be well covered by the intake.

superb !

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

There are new features. Focus on youth development, club vision and much more interaction with the players with the playing time pathway. I've requested several of these things for a long time, and I'm elated to see that they are focusing on that this year. Previous years it were the tactics creator, dynamics, new training module, etc. They keep improving the game without wrecking the things that make the game. I think they are on a smart path, but once again, you are entitled to your opinion and disagree with me.

idd , good features and good requests from you ! :) i love them and i'll do a youth only save (like i tried with FC Andorra) !

3 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

sounds fine, what I don't feel is particularly logic, is the Club vision part. That is surely connected with the manager but seems more like a tool for a Football director than a manager. Especially if you consider that 5 year plan is kind of out of place since average time of a manager at the club is like two times less :D

It's not up to the manager to decide the vision though, it's the club's vision and the managers job is to fit that vision. Very true to life.

1 hour ago, akm.91 said:

Another year gone and still nothing regarding a stadium creator/editor smh. Another year of stale, boring, robotic matches in dull, repetitive stadiums. All we want is a bit of realism 🤦🏻‍♂️

First time I’ve ever seriously considered not buying a game in this franchise, hardly anything has changed. Pitch textures, managers suits and a 5 year plan are the headline features...

Why would the layout of the stadium have anything to do with the manager?

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

I won't take credit for that, since several others have also requested similar things! But feel free to join us youth only masochists here.

thanks, i read this topic since the start of 2019  :) and started a save with a team from Poland(and posted after i started about it) but now i'm playing CM0102 network till the start of FM20.

Edited by OlivierL

15 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Why would the layout of the stadium have anything to do with the manager?

People who want this feature are talking about something more like the pregame editor than anything you'd have control over midgame.

I think people who want photorealistic big stadiums would be disappointed - FM graphics are limited by the calibre of machines people are using, not everyone has a "gamer rig" or even last-gen console graphics - but I'd love more variety in grounds, especially lower league and especially country to country. This might be too much to ask the graphics team to do, and there'd be licensing issues too with adboards/sponsors, but if there was a good tool I think they could farm that out to the playerbase. I like the burger van but I guess I'm sick of the burger van. 

Edited by Ruh Roh

1 hour ago, BamBamBam said:

I wish they could get licenses for the leagues and clubs. And all the stadiums. One day maybe....

The thing is at this point there's no great benefit in it from SI's point of view.

For those that really want it, there's plenty of unofficial resources, for those that don't mind, well they don't mind.

So why pay out millions a year to get all the licences, which will mean increasing base price for the game, which will drive gamers away?

Love the club vision and it could lead to avoiding the feeling of not having a clear goal after you start to dominate after a couple of seasons. In fact i used to have my own vision as house rules.

Quick question, does it apply to AI managers as well? do they need to define and reach the club vision and getting sacked if not?

If well done and not overdone and unbalanced, it could make the FM world around you much more interesting giving each club a personality and goal that will define it's transfer strategy etc.

I hope FM20 will not have so many updates, like FM19.
I would like stability in performance and ME.
20.1.0 and 20.2.0 (winter update) and that's all.
All bugs and fixes into single patch. Please.

7 ore fa, Neil Brock ha scritto:

Graphic Improvements

Redesigned player and manager models, improved lighting and overhauled pitch visuals combine to create the best-looking match experience to date.

The skin tone of South Asian and Sout-East Asian players look too dark in match engine. So, I wish they will be tweaked in FM20.

Edited by ZH94

Well, I love what I am reading so far. The Development Centre is massive - I can't wait to jump in there am really looking forward to that one. I like the idea of being able to see the youth before the intake, and being more involved in selection however I will wait to see how it actually plays out. The Playing Time Pathway is another, as has been mentioned, it could be 'gamed' by some, but the damage it could do to the squad dynamic might b huge. If it works similar to player promises etc, it could end up being a shackle for some gamers. 

The Board and Vision idea I do really like as well, as long as it is negotiable enough without limiting the 'job opportunities' available. My tendency is for attacking football, if the board are looking to consolidate and be more conservative, how easy is it to convince them my vision is achievable? Or should I accept the board's thinking and then work to change it over the seasons? Interesting challenge.

Still, I have really high hopes for this release now - the pitch degradation is back!

One of the things that always annoyed me for the last couple of iterations was the lack of damage to the pitch - a little thing I know - but hey, how about a massive knee-slide celebration that leaves a ploughed furrow on the wet pitch that later in the match causes a bad-bounce that results in a goal?

Can't wait for it now......... 

Edited by Snorks

Club visione is great.

Dev. Center will be great the year SI will get rid of PA.

Now is superfluous take care of youth. 

They now develop or not independently from you.

And i hate the fact that your stuff know the players' PA even if in a partial way

Nothing else. 

Too Little. 

Hope for match engine then.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

And i hate the fact that your stuff know the players' PA even if in a partial way

Staff do not know PA, they make a judgement based on a number of factors such as current ability and age :)

1 hour ago, Icy said:

Love the club vision and it could lead to avoiding the feeling of not having a clear goal after you start to dominate after a couple of seasons. In fact i used to have my own vision as house rules.

Quick question, does it apply to AI managers as well? do they need to define and reach the club vision and getting sacked if not?

If well done and not overdone and unbalanced, it could make the FM world around you much more interesting giving each club a personality and goal that will define it's transfer strategy etc.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yes.

Potentially that's awesome :thup:.

13 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Staff do not know PA, they make a judgement based on a number of factors such as current ability and age :)

And I think surely the staff's ability to scouting player's potential as well?

Edited by talhak

In questo momento, Seb Wassell ha scritto:

Come on Seb :)

It's easy to test It changing PA with in-game editor and suddenly the staff opinion will change too.

They don't know the exact value but someway a range of PA, that is.

With the system we have, that is the only way scout/staff jpa attributes makes sense 'cause if they don't know PA at all then they would be pointless 'cause they would not discern a player with PA 90 from one with PA 200 (both with all other same attributes)

With the long term gameplay in mind - has there been any consideration in the massive slow down in processing from day to day and navigation through player search 5+ seasons in? Would love to know if this has been looked into for this new version. It'd be amazing if fm20 has the same performance in season 10 as season 1.