Greatest FM myths

Crikey where to start...

I've been FM'd bro.

The AI cheats.

The AI knows/learns your tactic.

Having a high CA player must mean he's really good.

Researchers are biased.

I've tried everything to fix my tactical problem so the ME's bugged.

Mods work for SI/have signed a contract so always shut down negative comments.

The game's too easy.

The game's too hard.

There's a secret cow level.

46 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Training a player in a new position costs CA points.

Is it a myth though? I remember starting my cheat file on 17 by changing nothing but adding a position or two and for a few positions the CA shot up massively afterwards.

11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

There's a secret cow level.

That's no myth!!!! I don't believe you! You just have to have the right combination of players, coaches and scouts at Dun Cow FC. Or was it Doolan's Cow FC :seagull:

6 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I've tried everything to fix my tactical problem so the ME's bugged.

#Haven't realled tried everything but I am a big team so by clicking buttons should result in me winning ever match 5 nil. If i don't Si are cheating me.

If you have 30 shots vs 1 shot of the opposition you must win, otherwise the game is broken. If the opposition scores from that one shot - then the game is even more broken. (and no, it cannot be the tactics - it must be the game).

Might be more than 1 myth up there.

If a player never - or hardly ever - scores, then he's bound to score against your team. Usually in the 89th minute. Usually after your team has come back from 3-0 down away from home to level at 3-3.

No, I'm not angry that Sime Vrsaljko stole a point off me! :mad: :p

1 hour ago, Piperita said:

Is it a myth though? I remember starting my cheat file on 17 by changing nothing but adding a position or two and for a few positions the CA shot up massively afterwards.

It is a myth.  Changing positions in and of itself doesn't directly impact CA.  What happens is different positions have different weightings for attributes and it's that which can have the knock on effect to CA changes.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

If a player never - or hardly ever - scores, then he's bound to score against your team. Usually in the 89th minute. Usually after your team has come back from 3-0 down away from home to level at 3-3.

No, I'm not angry that Sime Vrsaljko stole a point off me! :mad: :p

Upvoted, favourite player :D

5 hours ago, herne79 said:

The AI knows/learns your tactic.

I'd be a bit disappointed if this is just a "myth", I can "learn" certain managers tactics and weak points, so seems only fair the AI recognises mine.

Latest Roma save had me narrowly beat Lazio with my wing backs in a back four causing havoc, next game they went with a flat three up front and pumped balls into those spaces, convinced they'd learned.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

Every new patch, even when there where just some minor stability fixes, will increase the amount of injuries.

No, no no...

*new patch*

A random FM gamer: "OMG,this update made  my tactic stopped working, what do I do guys?"

SI Staff (knowing he will be ignored completely): "There were no adjustments to the match engine for this patch."

5 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

"If i shut the game down during a winning streak, i always lose the 1st game after my next restart"................ 

This is a myth, but truth is if I'm on a winning streak and next game is an important one I definitly play it, because there's some days where everything seems to go our way and others where everything seems to go wrong. Obviously it must be wrong perception.

But I have one, more supersticion than myth, I never shut down after a defeat, maybe because I think if I do so, next time I play I will losse all games!

3 horas atrás, Mr U Rosler disse:

"the Match Engine looks a lot better after the last update".........

Only to find there were no ME changes in said update.

Better part is when the person actually details all the things that got better as well as the things that got worse... with no update. But this is not something against who does/did that, cause we all have human bias. It's more like trying to be aware of that fact: we all have human bias.

Archived