Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

2 minutes ago, grade said:

I kinda doubt that is a feature in game.Because simply adding stuff to the game can have effects on other models. I'm more inclined for something that doesn't directly affect the game.

i think it will be in game, but something small that doesn't interact with other modules... like in a new option in the manager setup "you can now wear a petr cech helmet" 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HUNT3R said:

Or something editor related, given that we haven't seen the editor yet.

That is what I'm thinking or Stadium Design Editor or something of the likes.

I doubt it is a FMT Editor, because Miles tweet says FM19 and not FMT19.

Just now, grade said:

I doubt that it'll be something as big as that. Big features will have been announced already, in my view. Probably just a small addition to the current editor.

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

i think it will be in game, but something small that doesn't interact with other modules... like in a new option in the manager setup "you can now wear a petr cech helmet" 

I Really, really hope that is not. Getting hype on for such unimportant feature would feel like punch in the stomach.

4 minutes ago, grade said:

I doubt it is a FMT Editor, because Miles tweet says FM19 and not FMT19.

I think its about time there is a FMT Editor. Your stuck with the basic database and can't update it with Loans and injuries and other stuff.

1 minute ago, bezzy1970 said:

I think its about time there is a FMT Editor. Your stuck with the basic database and can't update it with Loans and injuries and other stuff.

I agree with you, but it is what it is. :) if there isn't one this year, we need to keep suggesting it in the wishlist thread for FMT.

It's got to be something that is compatible with save games from the beta. If it's say a stadium editor, this is something you'd need to use before starting a new game as it will be the as the database editor so I don't think it will be that. Not sure exactly what it will be it's obviously not something already in the beta.

Staff overhaul, integration with the dynamics system and the likes. It's a natural extension to the training changes they made, yet it's a module separate enough that I could see it being postponed if it wasn't ready for FM19.

28 minutes ago, SD said:

Staff overhaul, integration with the dynamics system and the likes. It's a natural extension to the training changes they made, yet it's a module separate enough that I could see it being postponed if it wasn't ready for FM19.

This would be great, enabling staff personalities to contribute to general squad character. Might be a bit op though I guess. 

Judging by the past, it's going to be something PR related.

Miles did it last year (or was it the year before?) related to Brexit. I'm not sure any regular player craved a random generated political outcome in the actual game, but it got Football Manager in almost every paper and all over the internet in news articles. That was announced on the date of release, too.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

22 minutes ago, Viking said:

Player pictures now disabled and replaced with computer generated pictures to match your manager profile picture.

SI have harvested all of our personal data for "Face In the Game 2 - Still Can't Believe This Was Actually Implemented"

3 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

It'll be Bundesliga.3 has been added (maybe even lower German leagues).

Well, now if its not this I'm probably going to cry like a baby.

I agree that it's unlikely to be a new in-game feature, as adding this on release day would make the 2 week beta testing totally pointless.  I'm going to side with those saying it will be a Stadium Editor.

Good chance it could be editor related as that's the thing that's not available during the beta. 

A stadium editor would immediately make this the best FM of all time. 

An editor on FMT, whilst of no interest to me would stop @grade from posting about it, so would be worth it for that alone :lol:

I suspect though, it'll be none of these things, and will be a feature/change three people will use. Or will more likely be something superficial. 

What I'm getting at here, is that I've nae idea. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

An editor on FMT, whilst of no interest to me would stop @grade from posting about it, so would be worth it for that alone :lol:

I'd stop hearing about it too! :D 

Bringing back the option of choosing your own pic instead of the hideous manager face the computer thinks you look like.

Or maybe a free in game editor instead of having to pay £3,99 for it.

7 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

My guess is - Upload photo for manager pic instead of it being modeled from a photo.  

I noticed I couldn't move over my old FM18 editor data folder and use the files, the normal prompt doesn't show up. Maybe they're using a different file format now or they just got rid of that for the beta. I know there were other beta periods where I could use old files from different games. Obviously if it's anything complex it'll get ruined by the year-to-year DB changes, clubs going bust etc.

The advanced rules are like insanely miserable to use, so I'd love a big editor revamp. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up though.

I shall draw the conclusion that Miles cannot make his announcement due to legal issues & in a classic case of adding 2 & 2 together will take it that SI have almost secured last minute DFB license with help from their new friends at the DFL so can now included 3.Liga, the DFB-Pokal & a fully licensed national team in FM.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb dannysheard:

I heard a rumour there was going to be a feature where setting crosses to 'low' will no longer result in every single cross being floated to the far post.

This is not the ME bugs and issues forum.

Archived