Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of feedback regarding the ME.

i´m still fiddling around with the demo, just gettting aquinted with the new ui. Really easy to find your way around.

Have any of you guys played through several seasons and is the ai squadbuilding better this year?

i´m always a sucker for long term games, so an important part of my game. I think last year, was average in this area, so i´m keen to know how it looks and seems this year

any takers? :)

Could be that he was pushed off the ball by a stronger player?

Problem I have with the 3D match engine is it fails to fully replicate whats happening under the hood.

That's not a bad shout actually - it could be that. If the original poster uploads the .pkm, SI can tell which animation has played in that incident to confirm exactly what happened.

I get some very weird AI team selections. I've seen on several occasions where the AI ignored their best players for an unknown reason. I'm not talking about them making a player rest for a game or two. I'm talking about the AI keeping the teams star player on the stands for a whole season. And they're not injuried or lacking match fitness.

Have anyone else seen this?

So, some feedback on job interviews. I am offered a job interview at Bolton Wanderers just over half way through the season.

The club are three points off the relegation zone in League 1 yet the Board expect a playoff place. During the interview I am only asked if I can achieve better than a promotion place, ie winning promotion or winning the League.

Problem is I am expected to cut the wage bill in half, trim the backroom staff numbers and to add to that the club is in administration so I wouldn't be able to sign any players. Surely there should be an option to answer that a playoff place really isn't remotely possible at least for the current season? I think I won't be taking the job!

Something that has been happening for a long time in FM and continues to make me rage quit and not play the game for a bit. The way goals are conceded against teams you should be beating when dominating.

Too often the way the goals are conceded makes me want to scream, and often makes me quit. I find there's often some major flaw in the goal. I.e. I just lost a game 3-0 to Norwich in the FA Cup. Im Liverpool, currently the champions and sit 2nd in the league playing well. Playing Norwich away, as expected my team is dominating possession like i do against most teams and looking quite dangerous. Then from Nowhere a norwich player runs down the wing, the full back runs along side him (as they do in the game) neither commiting the foul, making a tackle or getting in front of the attacker to stop the run and then suddenly slows down allowing a cross to be played. Next my cb who was positioned well moves backwards allowing the attacker to challenge him for the ball. Both miss the ball, the keeper is somehow in the mix too, it hits him and goes in. The next 2 goals both come from corners at the near post.

I'm trying not to make this a rant, but for years in FM this has happened and it's why many people constantly insist that certain games are fixed to be losses. It's not the fact they lose the game it's the way certain games are lost. There needs to be more variation. There are so many different ways goals are scored in the games these days but in these kind of games it often feels like the game wants to force the result and force the goals.

Again, i don't want this to be seen as a rant, this is genuine feedback wanting these goals to be sorted out and to be on the receiving end of an upset and to actually be a bit shocked at the result rather than angry with the way it came about and feeling cheated by the game

Too often the way the goals are conceded makes me want to scream, and often makes me quit. I find there's often some major flaw in the goal. I.e. I just lost a game 3-0 to Norwich in the FA Cup. Im Liverpool, currently the champions and sit 2nd in the league playing well. Playing Norwich away, as expected my team is dominating possession like i do against most teams and looking quite dangerous. Then from Nowhere a norwich player runs down the wing, the full back runs along side him (as they do in the game) neither commiting the foul, making a tackle or getting in front of the attacker to stop the run and then suddenly slows down allowing a cross to be played. Next my cb who was positioned well moves backwards allowing the attacker to challenge him for the ball. Both miss the ball, the keeper is somehow in the mix too, it hits him and goes in. The next 2 goals both come from corners at the near post.

Presumably though, when you score goals in this way on your road to winning titles with Liverpool, that doesn't make you want to 'quit'?

Only a couple of things bother me.

-When im discussing with the board about philosophies the options of signing players from the chairmans nation and the home nation arent available.

Are these bugs or do these options come when your managing the club for a longer period?

The second issue is maybe more of a taste thing.

Alot of the goals i score bounce back hard when it hits the net. As if its a brick wall.

Sometimes it goes pretty fast that i think it hit the crossbar, but it is in fact a goal.

I think more balls should stay in the back of the goal.

The last thing is about the tutoring.

Some players under 23 just cant get tutored with the message that they already have a senior role in the side.

Even when i change there status to youngster the same message is displayed.

And yes i know the tutoring requirements.

Age + squad status + reputation + no pmm training + time between tutoring (or am i missing something)

I also find it pretty difficult for both the tutor and tuttee to accept.

Especially the first en last items bother me and are holding me back from playing more fm.

Tutoring players to give them better personalities and signing players from the home nation are usually two standard things of my MO.

And im really itching to play. Only played one season and really enjoyed it apart from the things mentioned above and losing matches!

Very big improvement on fm14 imo.

Presumably though, when you score goals in this way on your road to winning titles with Liverpool, that doesn't make you want to 'quit'?

It's obviously a very much different feeling to scoring and conceding goals. As i said, there are a great number of different goals scored in the game these days. I have lost many games in my save so far (i'm 3 years in) and i've lost games and haven't had problems with the way a lot of them are conceded. In certain games though they do feel forced, i've felt the same in previous fm's too. As said above, the performance could be continuing with the great form the team is on but the way the goals are conceded is very annoying and gives off a feeling that they're forced.

This isn't about complaining i'm angry because i'm losing, this is feedback that when defeat comes in unlikely times against unlikely opponents the goals can often be easily avoided. All i'm saying is that i'd like to see these types of goals worked on to be removed from the game so people (like myself) can accept defeat in the most unlikeliest of circumstances with understanding of how it actually happened rather than anger towards the way it happened

Not sure if this is the right place for this so I'll keep it brief.

I've just had a bit of a snowstorm of bad things happen (censoring myself).

Basically FM crashed. Crash dump message. I reloaded. Saved the game, my laptop crashed. Restarted it and now when I'm trying to load the saved game in question I'm getting a message of "the save game could not be loaded".

Any ideas?

This isn't about complaining i'm angry because i'm losing, this is feedback that when defeat comes in unlikely times against unlikely opponents the goals can often be easily avoided. All i'm saying is that i'd like to see these types of goals worked on to be removed from the game so people (like myself) can accept defeat in the most unlikeliest of circumstances with understanding of how it actually happened rather than anger towards the way it happened

I'm quite sure every real life manager in the world would love to eradicate easily avoidable goals.

So, you lost to a defensive howler and two corners. It happens. You're winning the league with the team you're managing, so it doesn't sound like it happens often. You can't choose how goals will be scored against you, that's completely absurd.

Could be that he was pushed off the ball by a stronger player?

Problem I have with the 3D match engine is it fails to fully replicate whats happening under the hood.

That's not a bad shout actually - it could be that. If the original poster uploads the .pkm, SI can tell which animation has played in that incident to confirm exactly what happened.

No im not uploading a .pkm. If the player pulls my defender that far away, then it is just a clear foul, because the attacker stays behind my defender.

Edit; i did it with the name Vitesse Groningen Acquafresca. Just corious what SI have to tell about that

I'm quite sure every real life manager in the world would love to eradicate easily avoidable goals.

So, you lost to a defensive howler and two corners. It happens. You're winning the league with the team you're managing, so it doesn't sound like it happens often. You can't choose how goals will be scored against you, that's completely absurd.

Don't worry, you're way off the point here :p

No im not uploading a .pkm. If the player pulls my defender that far away, then it is just a clear foul, because the attacker stays behind my defender.

Edit; i did it with the name Vitesse Groningen Acquafresca. Just corious what SI have to tell about that

If you're not going to upload a.pkm, don't complain about when it happens again in the future because it hasn't been fixed (if it is a bug).

If you're not going to upload a.pkm, don't complain about when it happens again in the future because it hasn't been fixed (if it is a bug).

More to the point, they wont get a more detailed answer from SI because they can't properly look at it an/or dig into the coding without the PKM. There are reasons why SI ask for save games and PKMs.

For example it could be a bug, it could also be the ref making a bad mistake and not calling a clear foul (refs are not perfect and this is simulated) I'd lean to the former, but without the PKM, much harder to get a definitive answer.

Don't worry, you're way off the point here :p

Not really, you said you wanted certain types of goals taken out the match engine, presumably so that these goals won't be scored against you.

You clearly said...

All i'm saying is that i'd like to see these types of goals worked on to be removed from the game

So what part of this am I not understanding here? Your example was a defensive mix-up and two goals from corners. So you want neither of these types of goals in the game then?

When you lose a game, is it only to be by the type of goal you find personally acceptable?

Not sure if this is the right place for this so I'll keep it brief.

I've just had a bit of a snowstorm of bad things happen (censoring myself).

Basically FM crashed. Crash dump message. I reloaded. Saved the game, my laptop crashed. Restarted it and now when I'm trying to load the saved game in question I'm getting a message of "the save game could not be loaded".

Any ideas?

The save when the laptop crashed will have been lost, so go back to the last backup. If you still have issues, read the Crash sticky and open a thread in here; http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

I've got one that might warrant a bit of discussion- I'm assuming it's tied in with the new implementation of scouting/player searching, although it may well have been in the game for a while.

Basically, I've just left a club in the Portuguese third division, having managed them for a season. I've now taken over Hereford. As you may imagine, Hereford aren't a big enough club to allow scouting of Portugal, and they don't have anyone with knowledge of the area. Except, of course, for me- but my knowledge apparently doesn't count. The players who I was managing myself just a couple of weeks earlier now have completely blank attributes- my own knowledge of the club and those particular appears to count for naught.

I'm not suggesting that I should know everyone in that division inside out, but it seems a bit of a stretch that I would suddenly contract amnesia and have no idea about players I'd been managing myself for a year, simply because I've moved to a new club who don't know anything about my previous one.

Thoughts?

I've got one that might warrant a bit of discussion- I'm assuming it's tied in with the new implementation of scouting/player searching, although it may well have been in the game for a while.

Basically, I've just left a club in the Portuguese third division, having managed them for a season. I've now taken over Hereford. As you may imagine, Hereford aren't a big enough club to allow scouting of Portugal, and they don't have anyone with knowledge of the area. Except, of course, for me- but my knowledge apparently doesn't count. The players who I was managing myself just a couple of weeks earlier now have completely blank attributes- my own knowledge of the club and those particular appears to count for naught.

I'm not suggesting that I should know everyone in that division inside out, but it seems a bit of a stretch that I would suddenly contract amnesia and have no idea about players I'd been managing myself for a year, simply because I've moved to a new club who don't know anything about my previous one.

Thoughts?

I thought this was sorted out...

Adding to my previous on player interaction. How the hell are you supposed to exit a chat with a group of players where their reactions are split? I spoke with 12 players. 10 reacted well to what I said so I ended with 'glad we've got that sorted' however because two players hadn't been happy it ended with all 12 being pissed at me. Player interaction is a lottery. The changes should make it better but there's so much randomness it makes it hugely frustrating.

It is very annoying that the private chat option has disappeared and that you can only talk to a player about transfer listing him after he has been placed on the list. The reason that I find this annoying is simple, because you can't talk to the player beforehand and tell him your reasons he is more likely to get upset and this upset can very easily spread through the squad whereas in previous games you could speak to him beforehand, tell him your reasons and he would be more understanding.

Another thing that really needs looking at are the tackles, or more accurately what is and isn't considered a foul as there are far too many instances where players get halved in two and the ref doesn't even bat an eyelid and others where he gives away penalties and free kicks when players cleanly take the ball. In Football Manager 2015 it is considered perfectly acceptable to come crashing through the back of the opposition but not so fine when you tackle cleanly from the front resulting many needless free kicks and penalties that shouldn't even be awarded in the first place, many of which end up costing you the game as strikers have shockingly low conversion rates. The only saving grace is the fact that this happens on both sides and doesn't just affect your team but the opposition as well

I am untouchable but at the same time the board just brought me in for a chat and threatened to sack me over squad harmony (1 ***** player who constantly let me down last season not getting picked)

Sort it out, I will get very very angry if I am sacked now after putting in a lot of time and effort to building this small club up. Some lad in the career updates thread got sacked from Deportivo La Coruna for little reason over squad harmony so I know the threat is very real and now I am very worried.

well im really loving the new format and a couple of fixes it could be the best fm in a long time thanks.

Agreed. I haven't had this much fun since FM09. Very intuitive match engine where you can literally see your tactical decisions make a difference. The game is more challenging too, so you feel more of the emotional rollercoaster, just like in real life.

"If you can't beat them, join them." Your mindset has to be this: There is no goal more satisfying than a whipped cross that leads to a keeper rebound and a goalmouth scramble. When life gives you a Jabulani, you belt that Jabulani. Embrace the beautiful game.

Thoughts?

My thoughts aren't many but they are exactly the same.

Apparently i know nothing about the players who have played for me when i move to a different club.

I think it needs to be a little bit easier (but not FM14 levels) to get players into match fitness before the season starts. I mean, you'd have to have a 13 week pre-season with high Fitness training levels and 11 friendly matches to have the players anywhere near ready.

I had a player play 503 minutes of football in friendlies and the first league match of the season. He had trained High Fitness for 5 weeks, and he was still only at 71% Match Fitness.

I am not saying he has to be at 100% yet, but at that rate it will take half a season to gain the last 30%, and after the season ends I can more or less start all over again.

I checked a few clubs online to see how many games they played in summer pre-season IRL. Fremad Amager (danish third tier) played 3 games. Brighton (english 2nd. tier) played 6 games. Arsenal played 4 games. I would think that if a player get's about 5-6 full games they should be more or less ready for the season start. Maybe around 90-95% or something like that?

It just seems unlikely that clubs would have a 13 week pre-season with 11 full friendlies just to have the main players in the squad ready for the start of season.

I think it needs to be a little bit easier (but not FM14 levels) to get players into match fitness before the season starts. I mean, you'd have to have a 13 week pre-season with high Fitness training levels and 11 friendly matches to have the players anywhere near ready.

I had a player play 503 minutes of football in friendlies and the first league match of the season. He had trained High Fitness for 5 weeks, and he was still only at 71% Match Fitness.

I am not saying he has to be at 100% yet, but at that rate it will take half a season to gain the last 30%, and after the season ends I can more or less start all over again.

I checked a few clubs online to see how many games they played in summer pre-season IRL. Fremad Amager (danish third tier) played 3 games. Brighton (english 2nd. tier) played 6 games. Arsenal played 4 games. I would think that if a player get's about 5-6 full games they should be more or less ready for the season start. Maybe around 90-95% or something like that?

It just seems unlikely that clubs would have a 13 week pre-season with 11 full friendlies just to have the main players in the squad ready for the start of season.

And still not ready, after 11 friendlies and 13 weeks of pre-season.

no major complaints loving the game so far just one tiny (extremely petty) issue when on scouting/staff search/any long list or player search there is no arrow to click up or down on in order to scroll up or down.. just have to click and drag the side scroller which can be annoying on my laptops touchpad.. hope you know what I mean and anyone got a solution to get the clicker arrows back in let me know!

So, I'm in the middle of a game (a cup final) and Steam shuts down FM and brings up a download box, then fails to download whatever it felt was intrusive enough to kill the game and then responds with a 'servers are too busy to handle your request' (error 41) message. Technically speaking, it wasn't *my* request.

Hi guys,

Just registered to give my feedback.

I am an avid player since the beginning, in the 90's.

I didnt play the demo or the beta.

I started the game with 3 or 4 teams from premiership and my feedback is the usual in this thread:

- I only scored 1 "normal" goal. The others goals are all from crosses or corners.

- My conceded goals are all from corners or crosses. Normally my games have 3 or more goals.

- But the AI scores in the game seems normal.

- What you guys did to Tactics screen ??? Why change something that was very good?? And for the worst, it is full of bugs. I tried to customize the view to show the columns that I like, but the columns just disappear and I have so much space on my screen to have the desired columns. I cant move the columns to the desired place. Really annoying!!

I hope you fix the issues, I really cant play when I know that goals from corners and crosses are going to happen in all games that I play :(

All the best.

Guest El Payaso

Really worried about lack of creativity in this version. Played over three seasons already and seen nothing creative happen from those playmakers playing behind the AMC. Also wingers and full backs are dominating assists charts. Attacking midfielders in central positions are doing quite fine mine created easily the most chances in Adelante like I want him to do but the deep lying/roaming playmakers doing absolutely nothing either for me or the AI teams...

Should really test this with Chelsea and Fábregas but not really in to it at the moment.

Summed up: too effective and much running with the ball and not enough (any) creativity. Football is an intelligence game, not a run with the ball game.

Hello all, am liking the game so far but having the following issues (not sure if these belong in the bugs forum maybe, sorry if they do)

Every single time I load the game I get this warning, it won't give me the option of "Always allow" like previous versions, for the life of me I can't find anything on Google to help me with it..

ScreenShot2014-11-18at122314_zps837b95ab.jpg

Also, I get this every time as well - my system preferences are set to always allow Steam to control. Does anyone know anything I can do maybe? Thanks for your help.

I have a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2009, 2.53Ghz Intel Core Duo running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, 8GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB & 500GB SSD.

ScreenShot2014-11-18at122344_zpsd67f69ac.jpg

Uh.. Is that "Distribute to centre-backs" instruction working? I just played 2 matches and the damn GK didn't pass to the CBs once. :/ He either kicked it far away or passed to the left-back. :confused: With or without pressure the result was the same.

Hello all, am liking the game so far but having the following issues (not sure if these belong in the bugs forum maybe, sorry if they do)

Every single time I load the game I get this warning, it won't give me the option of "Always allow" like previous versions, for the life of me I can't find anything on Google to help me with it..

ScreenShot2014-11-18at122314_zps837b95ab.jpg

Also, I get this every time as well - my system preferences are set to always allow Steam to control. Does anyone know anything I can do maybe? Thanks for your help.

I have a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2009, 2.53Ghz Intel Core Duo running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, 8GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB & 500GB SSD.

ScreenShot2014-11-18at122344_zpsd67f69ac.jpg

Hi mate,

I had this issue, and managed to resolve it.

See my thread here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405520-Launching-FM15-from-the-dock-Mac

Hope it helps.

Uh.. Is that "Distribute to centre-backs" instruction working? I just played 2 matches and the damn GK didn't pass to the CBs once. :/ He either kicked it far away or passed to the left-back. :confused: With or without pressure the result was the same.

Was this just from watching the highlights? If so, to get a clearer picture, check your keeper's passing graphic on the analysis tab. It may be he distributed to the CBs plenty of times, but just never in any of the highlights you watched.

please release an update?We can't play greek superleague after 2020 because there is not schedule and draw of the new league!!!I stoped play about a week.Please fix that.
Did you report this anywhere?

Archived