Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but as I've said before - you shouldn't even be able to offer that much. The fact remains that they don't want to sell for any amount of money.

Who are you managing? You can try unsettling the player. Then it'll be much easier to buy him.

I don't want to unsettle him because I don't want him that much. I just bid and saw the fee quoted and went on from there. Found it amusing they wanted a hundred plus million more than the world record for a full back.

I loved the beta and I was very positive about this game but after 15.1.3 I must say i'm disappointed. It's not unplayable but it is not fun anymore because of the cornersgoals and those goalkeepers who are freezing after a (long)shot.. I hope they fix this soon and then they will fix the way how goals are scored in the ME because I don't see any Messi like dribble goal anymore and the CAM's doesn't deliver a trough ball anymore to set up the striker one on one..

I don't want to unsettle him because I don't want him that much. I just bid and saw the fee quoted and went on from there. Found it amusing they wanted a hundred plus million more than the world record for a full back.

They don't want 100m+. They don't want to sell. They gave you an arbitrary figure as a polite way of telling you to go away. You didn't though :D

They don't want 100m+. They don't want to sell. They gave you an arbitrary figure as a polite way of telling you to go away. You didn't though :D

Did they want to sell half of the players they sell in real life? Which part are you not getting? No club, not Barcelona, not Real Madrid, not Man United, no club is turning down one hundred plus million pounds for a full back. No matter what.

Did they want to sell half of the players they sell in real life?

No. They are forced to sell, because the player wants to move. Arsenal don't need the money. The player is happy. So the result is that they don't want or need to sell a hot prospect.

Did they want to sell half of the players they sell in real life? Which part are you not getting? No club, not Barcelona, not Real Madrid, not Man United, no club is turning down one hundred plus million pounds for a full back. No matter what.

No club would offer 100m for a full back either. You shouldn't be able to offer that much as in reality you own board would tell you that you were being stupid even thinking of offering that much

No club would offer 100m for a full back either. You shouldn't be able to offer that much as in reality you own board would tell you that you were being stupid even thinking of offering that much

You shouldn't. But you're missing the point. Oh dear.

Does anyone else's fields on the tactics screen keep reverting to 'selection info' even if they've edited it? I've added in some extra things like appearances, assists etc. This saves as 'copy of selection info' but then if I leave the screen and come back, it reverts back to just 'selection info'.

Sorry if mentioned... a lot of pages to read through. Just thought it might be worth bringing up if not.

Edit: Wow, I really need to look harder; there was a post on this exact issue like 2 threads down. I guess it's a common problem then, hopefully be sorted in the next patch?

I'm 'glad' someone else is having this problem, not just me (although mine keeps returning back to the injuries screen).

I've followed the instructions from another thread to to clear cache, remove the preferences folder etc. This worked initially but is now back to how it was previously.

Is there anything I can do to stop this, it's incredibly frustrating?

I just get myself to a point where i've decided to purchase the game when something happens that just makes me want to switch the game off and never play again.

I'm playing as Newcastle in the Demo and as i have a big league game at home to Chelsea coming up, i decide to use my second string side for the midweek Capital Cup game against Everton(Chelsea have a full week to recouperate). Everton do the same thing, resting a few first teamers, we dominate and finally pick up the win in extra time.

This means i now have my best line up fully fit for the Chelsea game................for about 17 minutes............my RB and DC are both injured AND my other DC has picked up a knock. My replacement RB also picks up a knock before HT and it shows in the scoreline as we are 2 goals down.

Unlike many i don't have a big issue with injuries, but when this kind of thing happens i can see why so many people tend to rant.

I was at a game a couple of years ago where the opponent (Wigan i think) had to use all 3 subs in the first half due to injuries. It does happen, If it happened every single game it would be a bug....But it simply doesn't

I'm not saying its a bug, its just very extreme and i've had similar experiences in other Demo saves.

My head is telling me not to buy and my heart is begging me to just get the game and have done with it. :D

in FM 15 too many players are complaining about lack of first team football more then average then FM14. Even the ones that are regarded as backup or rotation, all my subs and even my 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Out of frustration i deleted the save and deleted the folder. because as a LLM, i can't sign their contracts as they are on part time contracts.

is the SI team aware of this bug? or is it not classed as a bug because SI can't see it..

LLM managers suffer the most cause of this

Yh basically u have to select the players natural position to make things undo.. mmm thats indeed weird u might report that than, glad could help u out!

Mystery sorted. Turns out that telling the assistant to handle individual training includes him being in charge of new position training. That means I'm able to set a position training via the "Development" tab, but not turn it off again, because the "Position" box in the player's training screen is greyed out, and not usable. Taking the assistant off handling individual training sorts the problem.

I'm not sure it is meant to be like this, but that's another matter.

Are match mentalities broken? It seems like my team completley ignore them. Fact is, it is more likley they score or concede a goal if I set the mentality to "contain" and team shape to "higly structured" with ten minutes left of the match to go. I have no indication that they should not listen to me as a manager.

Is anybody else finding that their players aren't following instructions set for them? Set the majority of my players to 'Pass it shorter' and 'Fewer Risky Passes' as well as retaining possession, working ball into the box and play out from defence, but keep finding players hoofing the ball up field, losing possession and conceding. Checked players pass maps in the analysis, for example my wing backs, and see about 20-25 long balls intercepted, with these instructions surely there shouldn't be that many?

Yep this is happening to me aswell , players seem to ignore any TI's i make .

Yep this is happening to me aswell , players seem to ignore any TI's i make .

It depends on a lot of things. Attributes and whether there's an option to do as asked as well. Seek advice in the tactics forum if you're encountering issues.

in FM 15 too many players are complaining about lack of first team football more then average then FM14. Even the ones that are regarded as backup or rotation, all my subs and even my 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Out of frustration i deleted the save and deleted the folder. because as a LLM, i can't sign their contracts as they are on part time contracts.

is the SI team aware of this bug? or is it not classed as a bug because SI can't see it..

LLM managers suffer the most cause of this

It's not a bug because it's realistic. Especially in real life LLM, the only reason back-ups stay is extreme loyalty or large sums of cash. If anything, it's too easy to keep players happy in FM.

Don't agree.

I have players unhappy with not being played in September/October of the first season after lengthy injuries (Adam Lallana at Lpool). This doesn't seem realistic to me as he isn't match fit.

That was an issue with games started in the Beta. You shouldn't still be getting that.

I loved the beta and I was very positive about this game but after 15.1.3 I must say i'm disappointed. It's not unplayable but it is not fun anymore because of the cornersgoals and those goalkeepers who are freezing after a (long)shot.. I hope they fix this soon and then they will fix the way how goals are scored in the ME because I don't see any Messi like dribble goal anymore and the CAM's doesn't deliver a trough ball anymore to set up the striker one on one..

Exactly. Especially the freezing goalkeepers are frustrating.

No problems with corners here,put 3/4 players on zonal and that will sort any problems out.5 games into 1st season and no corners conceded yet.

Fair enough, but that doesn't explain why they keep attacking. Even with "waste time" and "play even safer" they keep trying to score a goal with a 2 goal lead.

Happened to me as well on FM14, and now.

Put my team on extreme defending and containing, players still go for goal. Regardless of the scoreline.

My players were also more likely to score when picking contain. Didn't matter which team i was managing.

My players really don't give a damn, apparently, about the contain instruction. They're still going for goals. Successfully as well, most of the time :D

Fair enough, but that doesn't explain why they keep attacking. Even with "waste time" and "play even safer" they keep trying to score a goal with a 2 goal lead.

Then that's something you could log as a bug. Upload a PKM and provide examples of situations where they're not doing what they should.

The AI is pretty disappointing. They either sit way too deep and try hoof ball or they throw everything at you shooting from all angles at a very high tempo. Arsenal were hoofing it up to Giroud in a game I just played, it was pretty depressing stuff. I know it will eventually be good match engine, it always is in the end, just my two cents so far.

Seems quite difficult to track discussions about certain issues. One thing I am find immensely frustrating is the goalkeepers. The amount of lying around and parrying the ball to an opponent is immensely unrealistic. Added to that the fact the AI keepers are exceptionally good it just doesn't make sense. One of a huge amount of bugs and issues on FM15 but this one lately has been annoying me more than most. The fact there appears to be no way to actually get your players to defend the goalie doing constant stupid moves to allow goals making it even worse. Keeping a clean sheet in this game is about as likely as scoring 100 goals a game.

Keeping a clean sheet in this game is about as likely as scoring 100 goals a game.

I've had five clean sheets in my last ten games, and my team aren't particularly great.

DVaN9qQ.png

Defending and goalkeeping still needs tweaked though, but it's certainly not impossible to keep things tight at the back. My problem is trying to develop a decent away tactic, as that's costing me big time just now.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Am I the only getting a very high amount of yellow cards? In 24 league matches I have received 52 yellow cards and 2 red.

I almost always make the most fouls.

The team is instructed to stay on feet.

I dominate most matches and have only lost one match in the league, so it's not because the players are under pressure.

I've had five clean sheets in my last ten games, and my team aren't particularly great.

DVaN9qQ.png

Defending and goalkeeping still needs tweaked though, but it's certainly not impossible to keep things tight at the back. My problem is trying to develop a decent away tactic, as that's costing me big time just now.

I wish I could find a way to keep it tight. The biggest problem is the wing backs/full backs will make little attempt to stop the play, when they do it goes for a corner which more often than not the opponent will score from. The amount of times I've see the central defenders jump passed the ball is also unreal - yes, it's possible a player will miscalculate the trajectory of the ball, this happens, but as a central defender missing 9 our 10 balls isn't really acceptable. As for the goalkeepers, I've lost so many goals from the goalie parrying the ball direct to an opponent it's also very unreal. In the last 10 games or so I've actually had the goal keeper parry ball directly into the net - this usually coming from a whipped cross from just after the halfway line.

I've kept the same tone throughout my posts and unlikely to change, so far this game is pretty poor all in. I've been playing FM for years and this seems to have the strangest ME so far. It seems to allow for absolutely no control over your own players and the results are beginning to just look like random good luck when they go in your favour.

I will continue with the game and keep checking in to see what problems are being raised and accepted. Seems quite a lot of the time the response to highlighting an issue is "your wrong, it's your fault". The fact 100s of people are highlighting the same issues over and over again would suggest not.

Good luck with your tactics though. I am just not convinced the match engine will allow for any tactics to work really.

I wish I could find a way to keep it tight. The biggest problem is the wing backs/full backs will make little attempt to stop the play, when they do it goes for a corner which more often than not the opponent will score from. The amount of times I've see the central defenders jump passed the ball is also unreal - yes, it's possible a player will miscalculate the trajectory of the ball, this happens, but as a central defender missing 9 our 10 balls isn't really acceptable. As for the goalkeepers, I've lost so many goals from the goalie parrying the ball direct to an opponent it's also very unreal. In the last 10 games or so I've actually had the goal keeper parry ball directly into the net - this usually coming from a whipped cross from just after the halfway line.

I've kept the same tone throughout my posts and unlikely to change, so far this game is pretty poor all in. I've been playing FM for years and this seems to have the strangest ME so far. It seems to allow for absolutely no control over your own players and the results are beginning to just look like random good luck when they go in your favour.

I will continue with the game and keep checking in to see what problems are being raised and accepted. Seems quite a lot of the time the response to highlighting an issue is "your wrong, it's your fault". The fact 100s of people are highlighting the same issues over and over again would suggest not.

Good luck with your tactics though. I am just not convinced the match engine will allow for any tactics to work really.

Wait...

The biggest problem is the wing backs/full backs will make little attempt to stop the play, when they do it goes for a corner which more often than not the opponent will score from.

The biggest problem is the wing backs/full backs

...are you saying...

wing backs/full backs

Are you playing your fullbacks as wingbacks? What kind of formation are you using?

The game is still very good but I 100% agree.

Archived