646 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FM23

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Depends on Features

On 27/07/2022 at 20:20, samuelawachie said:

@Nonlondoner @Internomad

Have you guys really played all the editions from the start (or more specifically, from FM 07)?

How would you compare these last two versions of the game with the earlier days? Especially with FM 12 through FM14 with these last two...

Yes, I've been hooked since CM1 and maybe barring a few early CM updates I've played every version. The big step up was the 3D games, specifically when crowds arrived and I do genuinely feel that overall the game has improved year-on-year. My biggest problem is the new font and colour scheme is too loud, busy and the font is not intuitive. I only use some of the more sober reskins. The year-on-year improvements have outweighed any negatives and most of those are cleared-up in the next version.

It does surprise me, in my opinion of course, that SI haven't made one of those decisions that games developers often make that ruins the game. So far SI have evolved the game so well that FM22 provides as much excitement than CM1 did.  

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Yes, I've been hooked since CM1 and maybe barring a few early CM updates I've played every version. The big step up was the 3D games, specifically when crowds arrived and I do genuinely feel that overall the game has improved year-on-year. My biggest problem is the new font and colour scheme is too loud, busy and the font is not intuitive. I only use some of the more sober reskins. The year-on-year improvements have outweighed any negatives and most of those are cleared-up in the next version.

It does surprise me, in my opinion of course, that SI haven't made one of those decisions that games developers often make that ruins the game. So far SI have evolved the game so well that FM22 provides as much excitement than CM1 did.  

Ah, you did reply. I was starting to think that would never happen (:

Thanks

On 23/08/2022 at 18:35, Nonlondoner said:

My first game was CM 3 / 99/01 so I wil agree with you that there have been some massive improvements in the game over the years but to me the most recent editions haven't done enough to keep me interested.

For a while I've been of the opinion that FM should come out as a data update every other year rather than being sold as a new game each time. The new features or updates on existing ones are starting to scrape the barrel a little, which is why I think SI feel the need to claim they've tweaked the match engine every season - this then leads to the match engine being broken upon release, making the game either unplayable or unenjoyable until after Christmas.

I found FM22s list of headline features to be extremely weak. Claiming reskins to existing data screens (the data hub) and updates to deadline day and interactions with staff (which everyone skipped anyway) as features was just laughable. For me to buy the next game I'd be hoping to see some big gameplay improvements but I'm not holding my breath.

I found that post the winter update, playing in Austria the dynamic youth rating had improved quite a bit over a 15 year spell. If you expect too much, too soon with DYR you're definitely going to be left disappointed but its not supposed to be an artificial mechanism through which you can uplift a nation in 5 years. It's something perhaps more for the smaller percentage of the player base who do have 20, 30, 40 year saves. 

I do agree that there are a collection of bugs that needs to be looked at and the number of VAR-related events are ridiculous, I have had 8 in one match before! And yes, the press conference has became mandane and lack of challenge... the questions somehow doesn't evolve over the season... its just a routine of clicking the right response to keep the morale up!

Nevermind "will you buy FM23", how about asking "are SI gonna release an FM23?"

How has it got to the end of August without a single bit of information being released about this seasons game? To me its weird that the game comes out in November (3 months in to the season) but due to bugs won't become really playable until December/ January (+4months in to the season).

Like I said before, it'd make sense for SI to stick with the latest build of the match engine and commit to it for a cycle of 2 or 3 releases rather fiddling with it every new game. I imagine a scenario where FM23 and FM24 would come out with a lot of small tweaks beside the current ME, making it fully playable from day one. Then when it comes to FM25 they reveal a whole new ME that they've developed and perfected over 3 years.

7 hours ago, matt_forest said:

How has it got to the end of August without a single bit of information being released about this seasons game?

Nothing unusual about it. Last year, FM22 was announced 9 September.

It has been that way for years. Announcement in September, feature reveals and beta in October, release in November. People say they have to wait longer or that FM gets released later, but SI's schedule has always been pretty consistent.

And is having to wait three months into the new (European) season really such a big deal? The F1 game consistently comes out about three months into the F1 season (and the new F1 Manager was released five months after the first race), but you don't hear their fans moaning that "oh, what's the point; the season's practically over".

Brain says:

• I've updated FM22 to the latest FM23 squads
  • I've got a skin I love, all the kits, backgrounds, graphics etc.
  • I enjoy watching the 3D animation, the games are exciting to watch
  • I could spend an extra £30 this Christmas on my wife.

Heart says:

• Yes, or course I'll buy FM23 :p

I just got FM22 for free and it´s too expensive in my currency to get it anyway, nor it´s available. 

I have been seeing some posts on Reddit about some possible ´leaks´ (take them with a pinch of salt) and it seems that the focus lays on regens and giving them a background story. Women´s football is another thing, but they changed the 0-20 stat to a wider one, not to have the discussion regarding who´s better at the game. 

Again, rumors are rumors, so let´s wait for a few days and find out for ourselves regarding what is in the game and what isn´t. 

19 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

I just got FM22 for free and it´s too expensive in my currency to get it anyway, nor it´s available. 

I have been seeing some posts on Reddit about some possible ´leaks´ (take them with a pinch of salt) and it seems that the focus lays on regens and giving them a background story. Women´s football is another thing, but they changed the 0-20 stat to a wider one, not to have the discussion regarding who´s better at the game. 

Again, rumors are rumors, so let´s wait for a few days and find out for ourselves regarding what is in the game and what isn´t. 

Going to wider range then 0-20 is long overdue, since in lower leagues there is point, that if go any lower the players and teams all look the same. With this can make lower league a bit more challenging.

The woman's football I read is only international and is separate database from the men's (not sure how I feel about that, I mean when woman's football was announced I expected to all be one database. Meaning I expected to see the evolution of my team's woman's team).

As you said, there are simply rumours. Lets us see if any of them are true.

3 horas atrás, grade disse:

Going to wider range then 0-20 is long overdue, since in lower leagues there is point, that if go any lower the players and teams all look the same. With this can make lower league a bit more challenging.

The woman's football I read is only international and is separate database from the men's (not sure how I feel about that, I mean when woman's football was announced I expected to all be one database. Meaning I expected to see the evolution of my team's woman's team).

As you said, there are simply rumours. Lets us see if any of them are true.

Those rumours posted on Reddit look pretty silly, there was no "dev leak" on twitter as the poster mentioned and even looks like Neil Brock replied on the thread mocking it. The poster also had no proof of anything that he said. Looks like just a bunch of things he made up; I don't see any reason to take anything there seriously.

As for the main question of the thread, I will certainly buy FM23 if it includes the Women's game. It's the feature I'm most excited for.

Did I read and understood correctly this part, meaning that the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (which includes the Xbox Game Pass for PC) will include the PC version as well? Or this just refers to that the XGPC will include the FM23 Console version that could be launched on PC?

"Newly renamed for this season to coincide with our maiden launch on PS5, FM23 Console will once again be available with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC from Day One on November 8th. Xbox Game Pass for PC subscribers will also be able to experience the full simulation experience of FM23. Pre-order details for FM23 Console on all platforms will be revealed in early October."

Because this determines if I will be buying the new version on Steam (if the full-PC version included in Game Pass, no)

3 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Did I read and understood correctly this part, meaning that the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (which includes the Xbox Game Pass for PC) will include the PC version as well? Or this just refers to that the XGPC will include the FM23 Console version that could be launched on PC?

"Newly renamed for this season to coincide with our maiden launch on PS5, FM23 Console will once again be available with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC from Day One on November 8th. Xbox Game Pass for PC subscribers will also be able to experience the full simulation experience of FM23. Pre-order details for FM23 Console on all platforms will be revealed in early October."

Because this determines if I will be buying the new version on Steam (if the full-PC version included in Game Pass, no)

I'm sure you could play both FM22 versions through game pass on PC as well, so it wouldn't be anything new. This was for FM22:

FM22-Platform_Table.png.cb19681eb762e969

Just now, HUNT3R said:

I'm sure you could play both FM22 versions through game pass on PC as well, so it wouldn't be anything new.

Oh yes, you are right. I think I pre-ordered it last time because of the early access/beta was not on Game Pass (if I remember correctly) and the lack of modding possibilities.  

53 minutes ago, crarfc said:

trying to pre purchase this, 36 quid and then go into via steam - paypal it rises to 48 ! can anyone help here ? is this an error?

16 minutes ago, JamieTC13 said:

Its doing the same to me as well 

I've alerted SI. It's a known issue and it's being worked on now.

On 29/04/2022 at 10:19, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's been an automatic purchase for me every year, but after being thoroughly underwhelmed by FM22, I might be in the undecided camp for the next one. 

Although I daresay when the pre-order is available, I'll buckle as usual. 

This resolve lasted 4 seconds after the announcement today. 

Pre-ordered. 

2 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

Those rumours posted on Reddit look pretty silly, there was no "dev leak" on twitter as the poster mentioned and even looks like Neil Brock replied on the thread mocking it. The poster also had no proof of anything that he said. Looks like just a bunch of things he made up; I don't see any reason to take anything there seriously.

As for the main question of the thread, I will certainly buy FM23 if it includes the Women's game. It's the feature I'm most excited for.

I honestly hope it's not.  And that's not because I don't want to play it, complete opposite.  The leak was almost certainly BS, but the thought of them adding it piecemeal is a bit meh.  Give it the detail it deserves and release it when it's at its best.

Of course if they've busied themselves away and are ready to give us a proper full-featured version, then that'd be great, but from their previous tone I don't think that'd be the case.

Edited by forameuss

33 minutos atrás, forameuss disse:

I honestly hope it's not.  And that's not because I don't want to play it, complete opposite.  The leak was almost certainly BS, but the thought of them adding it piecemeal is a bit meh.  Give it the detail it deserves and release it when it's at its best.

Of course if they've busied themselves away and are ready to give us a proper full-featured version, then that'd be great, but from their previous tone I don't think that'd be the case.

Agreed. It doesn't seem like SI to include it just for International competitions, they said they would include it when it was ready so I highly doubt they would do so as suggested by the "leaker".

I was just hopeful on my previous post that Women's football was fully incorporated because I'm super excited for it, but sadly, I don't think it will be coming this year.

12 minutes ago, GoldenGoal said:

Agreed. It doesn't seem like SI to include it just for International competitions, they said they would include it when it was ready so I highly doubt they would do so as suggested by the "leaker".

I was just hopeful on my previous post that Women's football was fully incorporated because I'm super excited for it, but sadly, I don't think it will be coming this year.

Only way international only until leagues are fully done make sense is if we get a revamp of International management. Other than that, including women in the game just for international play for the time being would be laughable.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

For the first time ever: unlikely. 

I haven't enjoyed FM22. I remember vividly the last few FM releases being full of bugs up until the final March update and there's no way I'm buying FM23 just to spend the next few months ranting on the feedback forum on here on how bad it is. 

Even after the final patch on FM22 the game is still poor and boring. 

Press conferences are a nuisance and need drastic changes which should have been applied years ago, players constantly unhappy, international management still feels like I'm playing FM08 with the lack of decent changes made, the animation is dreary, and all-round FM doesn't excite me the way it used to.

There are loads of the little features which can make a difference in elevating a game but have constantly been ignored over the years. Whether I'm playing an international in Ghana or a preseason tour in Brazil the stadiums all look like I'm playing away to Grimsby. Every time I put a request to the board I'm automatically asked about my relationship with the chairman in the next press conference without fail. Young players that will never play for their club's first team and sit on the bench season after season are still quoted ridiculous fees by their parent clubs. 

There's so much I dislike about FM, which saddens me because I've always loved the series and like most bought it every year without fail. But all the points I've highlighted above plus the tens more aren't enough for me to ignore any more and make me want to buy FM23. It's a shame because the feedback has been there for years on how we want the game to move forward. But every year the game seems to decline rather improve and become what we all know and want it to be. 

58 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

UEFA competitions being licensed is interesting. Really hope the new 24/25 format is included though. I was really disappointed it wasn't in FM22 already. The game will definitely be a no buy for me if it isn't included this time.

With is being licensed I'd be very surprised if the representation is not setup correctly.