Will you be buying FM23 ?

Will you be buying FM23  

646 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FM23

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Depends on Features

I genuinely don't think much has changed?

For someone with a relatively low spec laptop I don't 'watch' live games given it's not smooth; so for me I can't see much difference?

1. Press conferences are repetitive with zero update to questions 

2. I still have no idea really on the purpose of a managers salary when negotiating a new contract, is it simply to make me harder to be sacked?

3. There should be a visual interaction of some sort in negotiations.

Seems like SI are running of the UCL license and that's it. It's progressively become worse in terms of updates to the game. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ranquelme said:

Have no intention of buying it still. I don’t even have my usual fear of missing out situation :lol:

Same here. I even have it on gamepass and haven't installed it. Something very off this year, even the marketing was pretty meh.

In the meantime, I'll play FM22 which I also got for free from amazon prime :D

Bought every edition since 2006 but have passed on this one. Just not enough to get me back in. Stopped playing FM22 as bugs and ME, plus game longevity with the development of players just grounded me down after a while.

This version looks almost identical. I'm not bothered by graphics (though those could use some work) but I think a refresh wouldn't go amiss. A lot of good work goes into this game but issues have been hanging around for ages that just need to be looked at.

I liked FM 23 - design, interface, player animations - but the defensive line bug (I believe it is a bug) is really annoying. My reserves team scored 2 or 3 goals per match on the tests I did, almost the same way: a through ball for a striker to run while my defenders were just watching. And in all situations I was playing on the counter, using low block and lower defensive line. And this happened also on a Cautious mentality. 

If this bug is fixed on the Christmas patch I will be happy to buy the game. If it is not I will stick with my beloved FM 21 and wait a little bit more to update my game version.

I'm still playing 20 but downloaded the demo for 23 to see what its like and have to say im impressed by it, My fears of can my computer handle it as i have a rubbish GPU but with a bit of tinkering i got 23 working. So i might buy it for myself at around Christmas 

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

@shwanko  There are no issues with positive and constructive criticism of the game but please do not make it personal and make sure that you read and understand this section of the house rules before posting again.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/509042-providing-feedback-and-engaging-with-others/

Am not trying to be personal mate.. have no issue with any person in SI. Am just a fan of the game and stating the obvious.. remember the game is created for us to play and thus should fit our demands not Miles's or any other member in SI. Am an architect and there is always an ego from me to create a house that fit what I want , but I control myself as whole target is to meet client demands ..
the game should be designed based on what community want not what Dev want or prefer. I know there could be some logistic issues and some items will take more time to be implemented. But it should be us who design the game.. am not sure why u bring in community rules !!! is not north Korea mate.. am allowed to criticise how game is managed by developing team and I was just trying to pin point where I feel problem is .. I respect every SI member and admire their hard work , especially Miles.. am a UTD fan, but am asking CR to step down... is sure not out of disrespect ! Bcz I simply respect him alot but that is life. sometimes we have to make hard decisions and be objective. 

Have to say SI hiring people like Holly and others is great to let fans and those playing game have more say. Is a move towards the right direction but we need more of that. 

Just read all comments in this thread, or even by Twitch key FM streamers : Ben, Zealand, Kevin, WTS., all are pointing out , yes there is progress but slow with key elements we are asking for still not worked on.. could be in pipeline.. and could be not, GOD knows 
Remember please the game is designed for us not SI, And nothing is wrong if SI start posting polls on which features fans want to be the priority  .. then Miles need to manage and plans ahead how to implement those features.. I feel we need some democracy in regards which features have priority. and without a poll, all those "requests of new features" are just a list where Miles/SI decide which comes first and  pick & mix. I can understand if there was any rival management game around, SI need to keep cards close to their chest.. but this not the case .. there is no rival. so really I feel starting letting fans decide priority is key. 

By the way , I read the rules mate  !! am not sure why you think I violated any ?!! I never called SI idiots or used any bad word mate !! I feel kind even sad u took my criticism this way .. read please what I said it was may be not flowerily but 100% constructive objective criticism mate. about the structure of how game is developed. is just an opinion mate and as a Consumer am allowed to say my opinion as long as I never offended anyone.. right?

Edited by shwanko

26 minutes ago, shwanko said:

Am not trying to be personal mate.. have no issue with any person in SI. Am just a fan of the game and stating the obvious.. remember the game is created for us to play and thus should fit our demands not Miles's or any other member in SI. Am an architect and there is always an ego from me to create a house that fit what I want , but I control myself as whole target is to meet client demands ..
the game should be designed based on what community want not what Dev want or prefer. I know there could be some logistic issues and some items will take more time to be implemented. But it should be us who design the game.. am not sure why u bring in community rules !!! is not north Korea mate.. am allowed to criticise how game is managed by developing team and I was just trying to pin point where I feel problem is .. I respect every SI member and admire their hard work , especially Miles.. am a UTD fan, but am asking CR to step down... is sure not out of disrespect ! Bcz I simply respect him alot but that is life. sometimes we have to make hard decisions and be objective. 

Have to say SI hiring people like Holly and others is great to let fans and those playing game have more say. Is a move towards the right direction but we need more of that. 

Just read all comments in this thread, or even by Twitch key FM streamers : Ben, Zealand, Kevin, WTS., all are pointing out , yes there is progress but slow with key elements we are asking for still not worked on.. could be in pipeline.. and could be not, GOD knows 
Remember please the game is designed for us not SI, And nothing is wrong if SI start posting polls on which features fans want to be the priority  .. then Miles need to manage and plans ahead how to implement those features.. I feel we need some democracy in regards which features have priority. and without a poll, all those "requests of new features" are just a list where Miles/SI decide which comes first and  pick & mix. I can understand if there was any rival management game around, SI need to keep cards close to their chest.. but this not the case .. there is no rival. so really I feel starting letting fans decide priority is key. 

By the way , I read the rules mate  !! am not sure why you think I violated any ?!! I never called SI idiots or used any bad word mate !! I feel kind even sad u took my criticism this way .. read please what I said it was may be not flowerily but 100% constructive objective criticism mate. about the structure of how game is developed. is just an opinion mate and as a Consumer am allowed to say my opinion as long as I never offended anyone.. right?

OK your points are noted and we all share the goal of making the game better.  By all means raise your concerns and make suggestions about how improvements can be made. All criticism and comments are reviewed and taken on board as long as they are constructive.  When, however, you are asking for named executive's powers to be diminished or for staff or departments to be replaced, this is making it personal.  Ideas on how the game progresses and new features come from multiple sources, including the features request thread here and these will always be taken into account.  The final decisions will, however, always rest with the developers and that is unlikely to change.

Been playing since cm 02/03 . Bought about all but 3 or 4 editions in between. Will be skipping FM23 mainly because i tried the demo and not enough has changed for me in particular to make the switch. Also having a lot of fun with my saves on 22. 

Hopefully fm24 (or at least a later update/patch of 23 *fingers crossed* ) sorts out some of the main issues most players have and gives us new and exciting enough features to help us off the fence :)  

12 hours ago, shwanko said:

Am not trying to be personal mate.. have no issue with any person in SI. Am just a fan of the game and stating the obvious.. remember the game is created for us to play and thus should fit our demands not Miles's or any other member in SI. Am an architect and there is always an ego from me to create a house that fit what I want , but I control myself as whole target is to meet client demands

This is just wrong, particularly when if you took 100 fans of the game, they'd likely give you 100 different things that they believe are absolutely crucial to the game.  You can't equate that to your job.  You're presumably being hired directly by a client to meet their needs.  That isn't happening here.  SI are building the product they feel is going in the correct direction, then it's up to you as a consumer whether you think that is worth your money.  

I barely played FM21 (season timing, covid stuff etc put me off) and with FM22 I still haven't exceeded 1,000 hours. 

Whilst this is a massive milestone for any annual game, I am at 850~ hours and since I do other things whilst FM is on or leave the game on (and the pc of course) while I'm at work, this could very well be less than 300 hours. 

Fm20 I had a little less than 2k hours. 

I used to average over 2.5k hours with fm 16 being the game I almost logged 4k hours with. 

Reason I didn't go for it was it felt too similar with FM22 which I consider a broken game that was never fixed and was worrying that the likeness would also affect the game since they weren't addressed. 

The editor for example is still completely broken and I'm not a fan of the UI as I kept spotting bugs from the beta that were never fixed. 

My interest is trending downwards and it has nothing to do with saturation from playing since the late 90s since I'm more than happy to replay older versions. 

Game needs a revamp but sales suggest otherwise so SI is in an awkward position.

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

OK your points are noted and we all share the goal of making the game better.  By all means raise your concerns and make suggestions about how improvements can be made. All criticism and comments are reviewed and taken on board as long as they are constructive.  When, however, you are asking for named executive's powers to be diminished or for staff or departments to be replaced, this is making it personal.  Ideas on how the game progresses and new features come from multiple sources, including the features request thread here and these will always be taken into account.  The final decisions will, however, always rest with the developers and that is unlikely to change.

there is nothing wrong about asking named executive's powers to take less power on deciding which features need to take priority !! this is a decision ,consumers need to make , and all company carry out lots of market research to see where is costumer's priority.  At the minute, this power is in hand of SI. I don't remember seeing  a poll here for example asking us what is ur priority? may be mostly done by fans but not SI.. Si imo need to do more, let us decide where the bus is going but sure Miles gonna be the main driver of the bus .. but that don't means he can drive the bus to the destinations he want  but what we want?! This is not asking to diminish his role !!! is just common sense. basic business !!!

I was a beta tester for Fifa Manager, and had a very close relationship with Gerald Koehler, and I was behind many new features he implemented like WP, and others, sharing with me his codes prior to release...etc .. Yet I was still critical of him and he felt am stabbing him at back !!! is nothing personal . I have to be critical as Gerald Koehler problem was he kept prioritizing features he want not what we want , and that led eventually to fans giving up on what was a very promising game at start  FM now is only game am playing for years, but u can read comments every year, 90% of times after each release fans left kind disappointed. but we all still buy game and enjoy it bcz we all here love the feeling of playing new FM.. is so exciting.  

But like any normal company, Si should seek what costumer want , prioritize based on what we want first more not what is more convenient to them . that is not something new .. is ABC of running a business.  SI need to let fans decide the density of the bus and Miles/Si drive it.. sure we will keep buying the game,... but tbh there is more and more people rather continue with older version save than buying new one bcz is not much changed. I understand is hard to make alot of changes within a year.  but if SI asked us, do u prefer licence or fans feedback or changing Set piece tactic options , Majority will vote for the last one, but Si decided to do first two and ignore last one AGAIN.

FM23 for me still worth buying . bcz Match AI is way better and feel more real , many mistakes, realistic ball control .. Si done an amazing job on that and hope they continue improving .. the whole feel of it is great.. the agent and scouts feedback is way better too  ..so yes overall the game is worth buying. especially as we are all addicted .  but  that don't change fact, that many old issues  never been solved. am not sure if that is bcz SI do what they want.. or simply lack of real marketing research to see what features fans want improved more as priority. Every year , I end up with same feeling when playing new FM, waw that is cool, and better, but overall disappointed bcz kind overall not that much different that pervious year with main problems still unloved/untouched, as consumer , I want more polls from SI, let us decide as community where game direction needs to go what features is more important to address first.  And nothing wrong on that. My issue is the communication and decision making that don't involve consumers. bringing in polls is not a hard job tbh and will help improving communication. Neither u or SI should be in defensive. u should accept criticism from consumers? I still remember SI reply to Zealnad on youth rating last year, and it was defensive again and not a nice reply overall. We all appreciate what Miles and Si done, but as FM fans we need SI to accept our feedbacks with some grace and shows they care about us (consumers). 

1 hour ago, Yuko said:

I barely played FM21 (season timing, covid stuff etc put me off) and with FM22 I still haven't exceeded 1,000 hours. 

Whilst this is a massive milestone for any annual game, I am at 850~ hours and since I do other things whilst FM is on or leave the game on (and the pc of course) while I'm at work, this could very well be less than 300 hours. 

Fm20 I had a little less than 2k hours. 

I used to average over 2.5k hours with fm 16 being the game I almost logged 4k hours with. 

Reason I didn't go for it was it felt too similar with FM22 which I consider a broken game that was never fixed and was worrying that the likeness would also affect the game since they weren't addressed. 

The editor for example is still completely broken and I'm not a fan of the UI as I kept spotting bugs from the beta that were never fixed. 

My interest is trending downwards and it has nothing to do with saturation from playing since the late 90s since I'm more than happy to replay older versions. 

Game needs a revamp but sales suggest otherwise so SI is in an awkward position.

No they are not. They always done things the way they wanted, that makes financial and time management sens to them.

Some users, are the one in awkward position. You want to be critical of stuff you don't agree with and at the same time you want to support financial SI in their jobs so that they can make future editions.

It is said, time and time again they listen to the community for feedback. However only if it fits their vision to the game, which is endless obsession SI has to replicating a real life job of football manager. I don't agree with this at all, has I have said many times. there should be balamnce between replicating real life and being a computer game. FM Classic was that. To bad touch SI always branded Indirectly as an easy mode to FM or waste of their time. I really like to see when will be the breaking point the entire community says to SI, well that is too much real life for us. For me it was the inclusion of boring Press Conferences... I mean, I, in real life, fail to see the point of those.

Edited by grade

Nope, first time in 21 years I won't be buying it. I've got already diminished playtime since FM17, but I still got that buzz around September/October that I "just had to have it and play it". Not now, maybe I got older or lost interest, but I feel it's just not much to look forward to this time.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

This is just wrong, particularly when if you took 100 fans of the game, they'd likely give you 100 different things that they believe are absolutely crucial to the game.  You can't equate that to your job.  You're presumably being hired directly by a client to meet their needs.  That isn't happening here.  SI are building the product they feel is going in the correct direction, then it's up to you as a consumer whether you think that is worth your money.  

You're correct about the poster having one client and being focused on their needs, compared to SI. But, what if, just if, the SI's feel about the game direction is wrong? Hypothetically speaking.

Do you like the game's direction last few years? I don't to be honest as most of the features that are put in new iterations could be places in a bigger patch, call it 22 v2.0 for instance.

I still remember where we got new features during the winter patch, FM08 it was, and studio was much, much smaller.

1 minute ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

You're correct about the poster having one client and being focused on their needs, compared to SI. But, what if, just if, the SI's feel about the game direction is wrong? Hypothetically speaking.

Do you like the game's direction last few years? I don't to be honest as most of the features that are put in new iterations could be places in a bigger patch, call it 22 v2.0 for instance.

I still remember where we got new features during the winter patch, FM08 it was, and studio was much, much smaller.

I don't like the direction the game is going in, no.  And I haven't for a number of years.  It retains just about enough appeal for me buy it, given I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about spending 30 quid on something like that, and knowing I'll get more hours out of it than some far more expensive games.

But what I think, or what you think, or really what anyone (individually) thinks is irrelevant.  Like I said, ask 100 people, you'll get 100 answers, so although SI would probably like to deliver a product that fits the customers "demands" (interesting wording), it's completely impossible.  So they have to pick the direction they think is the best fit.  It continues to sell at the usual high levels, so how exactly can anyone argue that the direction is fundamentally wrong?  As always, it's up to each individual consumer to make an individual choice as to what to do with their money, but the entitlement was strong in that original post.

On 10/11/2022 at 01:07, Yuko said:

Now that the game is out, how many of those who said weren't going to buy caved and bought it? 

What did the undecided people do?

And what about the 'features brigade'? 

Do people who said Yes recommend to FM22 players to go ahead and change versions?

This is the first time I genuinely have no regrets for not buying and glad I installed FM16 rather than hitting that purchase button last week, but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of those who wanted to buy the game and would still recommend it as the Feedback thread is filled with negativity, whilst the Steam page is filled with ultra positivity, so I need a more neutral space to decide if I'm going after the game after all before Christmas. 

I said I wasn't going to buy it and I haven't. I've played since FM 12. My last FM was FM 21 which I bought despite it being light on features in order to support SI during tough times.

But that's where my charity ends. SI isn't a charity org and neither am I a donator to for profit orgs. I was going to buy FM 23 if it had at least a major feature but the following aren't major features:

* Reskinning Squad Depth as Squad Planner

* Playing the Champion's League Anthem along with a revamped screen where I click Draw All for all competitions. I could care less about the CL drawing screen, it's a template used across all competitions.

* Reskinned Board Confidence into Supporter Confidence. Nice touch but not major.

* Year highlight screen which is yea okay but not major.

* Scouting and Recruitment changes which are more of a small evolution.

* Match Engine improvements and animations, which are a nice touch and possibly a major feature but I can't be bothered looking at graphics which look the same as FM 21.

What I was interested in was about how they spoke about Manager AI but I had my doubts and it seems like it's not working at the level everyone expected.

Edited by saiyaman

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I don't like the direction the game is going in, no.  And I haven't for a number of years.  It retains just about enough appeal for me buy it, given I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about spending 30 quid on something like that, and knowing I'll get more hours out of it than some far more expensive games.

But what I think, or what you think, or really what anyone (individually) thinks is irrelevant.  Like I said, ask 100 people, you'll get 100 answers, so although SI would probably like to deliver a product that fits the customers "demands" (interesting wording), it's completely impossible.  So they have to pick the direction they think is the best fit.  It continues to sell at the usual high levels, so how exactly can anyone argue that the direction is fundamentally wrong?  As always, it's up to each individual consumer to make an individual choice as to what to do with their money, but the entitlement was strong in that original post.

Absolutely agree on the bolded part, that's why I don't bother posting much, tbh. 

We might just be in the middle of the new generation of players coming in, while the older (by playing time, not tears) are staying on older games, who knows...

Oh well, luckily there are other replayable games out there, it isn't all about FM after all

2 hours ago, forameuss said:

100% agree no will agree 100% on each feature !!! but there are priorities ... there are top5 or top10 majority want in different % ....look to politician, sure some may say our vote will depend on Gas prices issues, some inflation, some health care ..etc. But this don't mean politician need to focus on items they want.. oh care less about what people think is important , I will focus on issues I think more important according to my point of views !!!   this is not how is it going !! Despite all difference there are major issues, more priority issues for majority of voters at that movement. who decide this priority is us by voting .. polls.. there is an entire system dedicated for that called "market research and data analytics firms" their jobs is to see what is people priorities issues and transfer that to decision makers .  just bcz there is a variation , that don't mean there is no priorities ranking ?!! 

Do I trust SI getting those priorities right? based on previous experience ? NO.. and rightly so, bcz Miles is one person, and SI team represent 0.000001% of people playing the game. you need to expand your samples to get better feedback. 

Let us take for example, set pieces in FM, Man this thing never been touched since first FM I think and still a hustle with every time u change a player you have to go through it all over again .. In real life, Manager will not ask players for new roles every time they make a substitution bcz they bring in taller or shorter players !! they give them general instruction .. u tall guys follow x player, and u small.. go there..etc.  sure this is crying for change since years !! and  yes If u ask people how much they think is a priority issue ... sure not all will say yes that.. but trust me it will be in top5. But dose SI knows that? NO bcz there is no mechanism or a system to set priorities of fans want. 

And I disagree on what you said, SI is building a product for us !! not for them !! is not a hobby !!  and yes I trust they have capability of moving game forward 100%.. but they need help .. and more accurately they need to seeking direction from us too .. as consumers.. this can't be done internally only !! it happened many times and not working ... Yes I trust Miles/ SI will drive the bus safely, but is our trip not theirs, we decide the destination not the driver!!! but sure is up to driver which road he takes, change bus setting, route....etc. but it need to be tailored to our needs. Am not saying Si need to put aside, what am saying fans need to have a bigger share on the direction of the game improvement every year.  SI done a great job by hiring people like Holly who is a streamer bcz they will have more feedback from users now which is a step in right direction.. But I think SI can improve the missing connection more by adding polls for which features nee to be priority for next games so they can plan it..  The main direction need to be pleasing for both : SI/Miles and us too as consumers . 

1 hour ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

Nope, first time in 21 years I won't be buying it. I've got already diminished playtime since FM17, but I still got that buzz around September/October that I "just had to have it and play it". Not now, maybe I got older or lost interest, but I feel it's just not much to look forward to this time.

well said... most of features added not worth for many to upgrade and lose good run they have in older saves .. is not only you but many others who I know still playing older versions. 
This is why I said , is game worth buying? Sure it is? is it worth £35? hmm based on additions for me .. yess bcz I like new match AI feel way better .. love new scouting, new agent interactions.. so 100% it is worth buying . but £35 is alot for what been offered. may be £15 -£20. and that is not the efforts bcz am sure SI did enough efforts for £35 and even more, but did they fixed most issues or at least tried or just spend hours on less important things... I think new features like team planners, fans approval, UEFA licensing are all great , but I can live without .. is like someone asked to paint whole room within 1 day , and he left one wall unpainted bcz was busy polishing something I didn't ask for !! 
and yes it dose feel like a patch .. although tbh is more than a patch.. I think is something in middle between big improvement or patch. 
and 100% agree, early FMs had better improvement rates with smaller size studio. 
I think Si is doing great job 100% , but all this efforts are not channelled the right direction to make us feel, waw this improved in all directions just like we wanted. 

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

same for me ... I disagree with game direction. but again enjoy game every year and happily buy it without hesitation and spend thousands of hours on them.

But disagree on ur logic that bcz there is a variations of what people needs , that give u a green card to ignore the main streams and demands.. I done statistics in my PHD .. and yes u will never get 100% not even 90% or 60% at times.  but that don't means there are no priorities majority of fans agree on. like 60% 80% .. what you saying is... ok 80% wanting that x feature is not 100% so screw everyone and let SI pick what they like bcz 20% will still not be happy. this is wrong .. bcz we are not talking about one issue, but many other features, and even if 20% didn't care about that features, they will have other features who others agree on and within 80% approval that they priorities. So SI will end up by all 100% costumers happy bcz out of 5-6 demands , u will see 3-4 been implemented  at least for each user.

the game need to appeal to main stream to be succeeding and continue 

56 minutes ago, shwanko said:

same for me ... I disagree with game direction. but again enjoy game every year and happily buy it without hesitation and spend thousands of hours on them.

But disagree on ur logic that bcz there is a variations of what people needs , that give u a green card to ignore the main streams and demands.. I done statistics in my PHD .. and yes u will never get 100% not even 90% or 60% at times.  but that don't means there are no priorities majority of fans agree on. like 60% 80% .. what you saying is... ok 80% wanting that x feature is not 100% so screw everyone and let SI pick what they like bcz 20% will still not be happy. this is wrong .. bcz we are not talking about one issue, but many other features, and even if 20% didn't care about that features, they will have other features who others agree on and within 80% approval that they priorities. So SI will end up by all 100% costumers happy bcz out of 5-6 demands , u will see 3-4 been implemented  at least for each user.

And people will disagree on what priorities are.  People will swear blind the game needs FIFA-style graphics.  People will point (correctly in my opinion) that the AI before you even reach matches is so pathetically bad that that's where you need to focus.  Someone on these boards said they'd refund if the shading on player names wasn't changed to something they wanted.  

57 minutes ago, shwanko said:

Well they sure don't seem to be having much of an issue with that with their continually strong sales.  I think you're mistaking "main stream" appeal, with something you personally want.  Which is pretty obvious by your continued insistence on sounding entitled at every turn.  SI's product is theirs, that's unarguable.  They can do with it what they want, then your power is in choosing whether to buy or not.

I bought it before realising their was no update to the ME from the Beta to the full release, I refunded at that point.

Whilst the game seems to have stagnated in all other areas, the actual ME has improved a lot and i'm sure the final version of FM23 will offer the best Match experience yet.

I think in my head i'm shifting to only playing and purchasing the game after the final patch in February, until then its very much a work in progress in my mind and a frustrating experience.

No doubt, the game is due a massive overhaul, its just bloated so much over the years nothing outside of the Match Experience ties together or makes much sense anymore.     

I've bought it and sank some time into it. Shouldn't have bothered, waste of money. Would have been better downloading a database update for 22. Literally the same game in every way bar a few tiny cosmetic changes. 

- Still no set piece creator improvement 
- Still no specialised coaching 
- Same training model as for years 
- Same boring press questions and player interactions. 

This game doesn't ned to be a yearly release anymore. 

I have bought the game, and i dont enjoy it at all.

I preferred FM 21 and FM 22 much more than this version.

Im not particularly interested in being told "this has been improved thats been improved"....none of the "improvements" have made me enjoy the game any more than I did previously, and in my opinion tactical shapes, mentalities and away games are now completely broken.

Was considering it because the last few versions of the game have been way to easy. As in I would win the league in first season playing with Mallorca or Aston Villa for example. I was hoping 23’ may have a bit of a challenge and bring realism to the game, as we see in modern day a lot of elite managers struggling.

then I saw some tactic videos on YouTube and fm scout being released,  were a team scored over 300 goals in a season and another tactic were Verona in serie A went season undefeated….that for me confirmed it. IMO…game is dead.

Edited by Ramz289

• 2 months later...
On 09/11/2022 at 23:42, vikeologist said:

It's interesting that some people say, people complain and say they won't buy the game, but in the end they do.

When this thread started I said that I would buy FM23 (and indeed I have), but if things didn't improve in terms of issues (bugs) being resolved, then it might be my last time I would, even though I've played / bought every iteration since CM97 I think.

It's too early at this stage to say whether the issues are continuing, but I should clarify what my concerns are. Not saying I'm right. Just these are my subjective opinions at this point. Also, I'm just making general points. Obviously each particular bug/ issue is being discussed separately.

1. Some major issues with the game are never addressed.

2. To get things addressed you almost need to mob SI with multiple examples of something. Some people seem to have reached the opinion that an SI response is based on the number of people complaining about something, rather than the actual seriousness of the problem.

3. I don't feel as though bug reports are read properly sometimes. Sometimes people claim that SI read every bug report, but it felt sometimes last year as though I spent a lot of time trying to convey an issue clearly and uploading save games, only for the issue to be dismissed by somebody who hadn't taken the time to read it properly. (Again, this is only my perception, but it's a genuine one). 

4. I've become locked into a negative mindset about the game / bugs. I feel like I'm in a hostile relationship with SI. This isn't healthy. I've upset somebody this morning.  (not an SI developer / employee, but a researcher who give their time for free to improve thew game which makes it worse). I can say that they shouldn't have been upset, but that's not the point. This is meant to be fun, and I want to make the forum more pleasant, not less so. Once playing the game starts to feel like a battle between SI and myself to get issues addressed, once I become responsible for hurting people's feelings, once I have to continually edit anything I say on the threads I oversee to try not to be negative, then this is not a good situation to be in, and next year's game might be the point to do that (if not before).

5. I avoid reporting anything other than major bugs. The fact is that is something seems minor, there's a good chance it is actually not a bug at all. But there's also an extent to which I want SI to address the big problems and not the small ones. I think last year I took the view that it was worth reporting everything, but I've changed my mind, which again is probably not the best place to be. (That said, at least one of my bug reports last year was ridiculously inconsequential:)).

6. I used to be a big supporter of SI. It's a pity the degree that has changed. It feels like I'm the frog being slowly boiled, and unless issues with the game are addressed, FM24 might be a good time to hop out. We're less than a week after full release. I appreciate that we're very early in the 'cycle', but like everybody I can read the bug reports. At this point, I don't think things are getting better.

I've thought about this post as I've read through other posters' bug reports and threads, and dealt with SI myself.  I think that SI's customer service needs a complete overhaul.  In one podcast interview, I even heard an SI employee refer to their new HQ as "Fortress SI", and that's what it's felt like to me reading posts and dealing with my own.  Just speaking for myself, I've lost any desire to play this game and even feel some regret that I bought it.  [It should go without saying but:  I don't expect or ask anyone else to feel the same.]

Anyway, thanks for running a very entertaining thread on the ultimate challenge.

On 28/07/2022 at 20:17, Sunstrikuuu said:

Also undecided.  I like a lot about FM22, but since the final patch the number of unfixed bugs and odd design decisions have been really wearing.  I know people complain, with some justification, about the match engine, but the match engine is the part of the game where I'm most at peace.  When I leave the match, I feel like I'm juggling hand grenades, and if I miss one it'll ruin my season.  And it's just... it's frustrating and it's stressful, and I have to hit Continue so many times and I'm literally afraid to hit the Holiday button because every time I do my assman creates a ****ing crisis in the squad.

My 'undecided' verdict turned pretty quickly into 'no'.  I just wasn't interested.  The beta went buy, then it was released, then it was on sale at various points in the fall and I haven't been the least bit tempted.  Until interactions and promises are fully reworked or removed, I'm not buying another one, and I want major transfer logic improvements too.  I can't deal with that garbage any longer.  Life's too short to field £16m offers for a £100m-rated 22 year old international captain with three years left on his contract every three days for a summer.