Football Manager 2022 Live Stream - 15th October 7pm BST

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, davehanson said:

3 goals from corners in 2 games.

Noticed a worrying number of corners myself, one game had like 22 or 23 of them, if I recall correctly? Looks very set-piece heavy so far.

Other than that, the game does look quite easy as well, just like last year's beta. They're coasting despite switching through different tactical presets and having low Tacitcal Familiarity.

Game is looking good. Every match had about 2 goals scored from set pieces though so I hope that gets fixed. Also didnt notice anything when they did gegenpressing every game but they are Sheffield United who are probs the best rated team in the Championship so its also partly not a surprise.

4 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

However, i expected to see a ME where you actually need to manage your eneergy of the course of 90 minutes. Including phase of high pressure and maybe some of holding back to rest with or without the ball due to the implementation of a new stamina system.

That is never going to happen. There are a lot more casual players than hardcore players and if they made the game in a way you need to micromanage a match too much they will upset lot of people.

Edited by DarJ

4 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

However, i expected to see a ME where you actually need to manage your energy over the course of 90 minutes. Including phases of high pressure and maybe some of holding back to rest with or without the ball due to the implementation of a new stamina system. What we were seeing instead was a team playing for at least 4 games in a row full gegenpress for the whole 90 minutes without seemingly getting tired and becoming more inaccurate. So this change might actually be smaller as many of us thought.

They were playing as one of the best teams in the league, so it will be a better fit for it than a poorer team. But I also think it worked too well there. Hopefully it will be tweaked further closer to release.

I get Sheffield United are arguably the best team in the championship but sometimes away teams sit way too deep lack of any attacking action from any of the away sides was pretty concerning and makes me think FM 22 is going to be as easy as 21 was

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

That is never going to happen. There are a lot more casual players than hardcore players and if they made the game in a way you need to micromanage a match too much they will upset lot of people.

They could balance it a bit better seems too much suited for the casual right now 

8 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

However, i expected to see a ME where you actually need to manage your energy over the course of 90 minutes. Including phase of high pressure and maybe some of holding back to rest with or without the ball due to the implementation of a new stamina system. What we were seeing was a team playing for at least 4 games in a row full gegenpress for the whole 90 minutes without seemingly getting tired and becoming more inaccurate. So this change might actually be smaller as many of us thought.

To be fair they were playing as Sheff Utd, one of the best rated teams in the league. Also they were only about 12 games in at the start of the stream or at least when I started to watch, so I should imagine stamina when playing gegenpress will start to see effects of fatigue later on in the season.

Just now, Mcfc1894 said:

They could balance it a bit better seems too much suited for the casual right now 

I agree with you but from a business prospective it's better to target the casual players and give the hardcore players the bare minimum to keep them buying. Take the data hub for example most people will go there a few times a season but only very few will actually spend time there.

CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht and AZ Alkmaar bidding for a 31 year old Irish left back (Enda Stevens) playing in the championship. I see transfers are still going to be random and unrealistic once again!!!! Transfer AI has always been an immersion game breaker for me, hoping it would of been improved this year

Yeah, I wouldn't make too many assumptions based on a few wins with one of the strongest teams in the Championship. Then again, Sheffield United are also one of the oldest teams in the league and probably wouldn't be obvious candidates to counter-press their way to victory.

The data hub looks really cool, especially with the customisation options they showed off. I'm still not sold on staff meetings, but some of the little QoL changes are pretty neat. The player animations do look so much smoother too.

I'm still not fully sold on FM22 just yet, but I at least feel more optimistic now than I did pre-stream.

Edited by CFuller

Positives :

- ME looks pretty good and its still on the Alpha version

- The new animations system just look fantastic, really good job

- Players seems more smart at the final third, saw a lot of nice passes and new combinations that i never saw before

Negatives :

- Gegapress still looks massive OP

- UI of the matchday, still hasn't changed.. i just hate it

- A lot of goals from headers

- A lot of goals from Corners

- AI managers still remains too passive for me, if you look at the home matches that he played, them away team haven't really threatened him at any point of the match. 

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Honestly so so disappointed they've kept the match UI as horrible as it has ever been for the second year running. It is so so difficult to get the information you need to feel immersed in the game.

Please for the love of god go for the customisable widget option of FM19/20. Why do SI seem to enjoy restricting players so much by reducing their choice in how they play and see data? If people want to play with the way it's currently set up... let them. They could've done that with the old widget system!

Bring back a list of players in the middle with match ratings so it's easy to read, widgets on the outside which are customisable (some people actually enjoy being able to see the whole league table/scores/player ratings without scrolling  the side bar up and down 10 times a game every time they reset and feel involved and immersed in the league and up to date) and bring back the last 5 minute possession bar so you can ascertain the swing of the game. Also - whats the point in having a league table in the match UI that doesn't display GD???

Last year the UI got slated so heavily. I think SI took it as ''it's a change, people will get used to it''. The only thing people have gotten used to is how shoddy and awful it is. Please hold your hands up, take on the feedback and make progressive changes. Give people back the choice to customise the game screen how they wish. Team talks? Rather be able to see my players in a list from 1-15 without spending 10 seconds finding my central midfielder in the right hand corner of the ''dressing room'' next to my goalkeeper in the top right corner.

All the UI changes from last year just added more clicks, more scrolls and more effort to be able to get the information we previously got from a glance.

Awful.

It staggers me that after the widespread criticism of the match UI last year (I honestly can't remember a single person who preferred it to the previous games), they've kept it exactly the same this year. 

Actually, it's not really that surprising, seems as though almost the entire UI of last year's game has been used again this year. Lazy, lazy stuff IMO. 

It's probably the least excited I've been for an FM release ever. 

28 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

I think it's way too early to say GengenPress is still to OP - One thing that i noted was that they rotated most of the first team in each of those games, whilst running most of the players into the red stage of the health bar, also noticed that most of the players in game 1 with the tactic were not fit enough to play the next game followed by yet more rotation for the third.

Looking at that, I don't think they'd get away with Gengenpress past 5/6 games at that rate and I think that's what was being hinted at in the stream.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Yeah defo its 100% too early, 1 thing to remember though is that they had Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday matches which contributed to the players still not being fit for the next game. Flagging potential issues in a constructive way before release is a good thing imo though

Guys, there're two weeks to massively test the game when the beta launches to check if gegenpressing is still OP. It is true that none of the matches were particularly difficult for them, which might be a little worrying, but I'll wait until more people are playing the game. They did, however, had a large squad and the players were tired very easily. Also, I've liked the occasional missed pass, but I can say if this is enough or not until I play in some lower divisions where these things should be much more noticeable. I expect a Championship team (and a good one like sheffield united) to carry a heavy pressing style against similar teams. It worried me a little the great amount of goals from set pieces or crosses, but again, let's wait after the beta to see if that's an issue or not.

I've also liked the more patient build up, which was definitely a thing. You saw players not rushing that much the ball into the box, and the animations were really good. I honestly can't wait to play!

Oh, and the best thing I saw was the new talk with the agents. The fact that you have to ask them and the way you do it and your relationship affects the answer, it's very nice addition!

20 minutes ago, Nahuelzn said:

Oh, and the best thing I saw was the new talk with the agents. The fact that you have to ask them and the way you do it and your relationship affects the answer, it's very nice addition!

Yea, I really liked that!

I wonder how much it effects contracts/transfers/prices/interest?

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It staggers me that after the widespread criticism of the match UI last year (I honestly can't remember a single person who preferred it to the previous games), they've kept it exactly the same this year. 

I legitimately prefer it to the previous UI.

I watched this and the thing that really annoyed me was the first thing one of the guys did was increase the match highlights speed one notch up from real time. WHY ?? The net result was a hopelessly unrealistic simulation, looking like a 1920's silent movie with players moving around at high speed. You could see from the clock that the speed was unnaturally fast. The same happened with the FM21 preview. The match engine is looking good so far but I want to see it in REAL TIME.

58 minutes ago, bartdude said:

I watched this and the thing that really annoyed me was the first thing one of the guys did was increase the match highlights speed one notch up from real time. WHY ?? The net result was a hopelessly unrealistic simulation, looking like a 1920's silent movie with players moving around at high speed. You could see from the clock that the speed was unnaturally fast. The same happened with the FM21 preview. The match engine is looking good so far but I want to see it in REAL TIME.

Yeah they always seem to do it !!!  They think it makes it more exciting but its not realistic at all

Pro's.

Animations look much improved, especially first touch.

Agent chat, I like it. Would prefer to see it replicated on a mobile phone in some instances?

Crowd colours looked better.

Data Hub, still excited about this, not just for this release but to see it hopefully evolve and improve year on year.

Needs Work.

Corners.....corners.....corners......lots and goals as well. Needs looking at. 

On the Crossing-Defenders data scatter graph the amount of crosses per 90 looks very high to me, can one individual really be averaging 22 crosses per 90 when I believe the average is probably around 18 total per game.

Opposition defenders, on the goal where the keeper was unsighted......what were they doing!!! Defending in general, worrisome.  

Still seeing foot sliding, was hoping it was history.

Pitch texture and lighting still look massively artificial. FM2013 blows it away for realism, which is a scandal really. 

Give us way more variance on the rooms scenes, then include other variations like colour scheme, backdrops. I just know I'll be managing Harrogate Town and be sat in some state of the art media room..... EDIT: I just re-watched and maybe there is more variance in the visualisations......

Naively, I was hoping the pressing triggers would be controllable. alas not.

Did anyone get a glimpse of a "dolls head" newgen during the clip? If so, any improvement? EDIT: I just re-watched. The agents look a little more detailed hair wise although they still glow like they are plastic under a table lamp.

Edited by janrzm

Genuinely loved the ME looks so much smoother.

The way passes went astray and pressing seemed far more realistic.

Good variety of goals being scored when they changed to geggenpress but the wing play tactic turned into FM20 and cross blocker, set piece and corner goal simulator (was seriously considering refunding my pre-order at that point, FM20 was by far the worst ME we've ever had).

Very disappointed to see a total lack of counter attacking. Especially against tired legs when they were playing geggenpress. It seemed to be non-existent.

Almost certainly caused by the AI managers once again being entirely defensive and cautious in nature by the looks.

Data hub looks like my dream come true, I'll be looking at charts and graphs for days. It's like cat nip to me.

Overall I am looking forward to the beta after that.

Somewhere in the beginning of the last match on Twitch, Dom mentioned someone who had a blog/youtube channel where he played " one day at a time", playing full matches. Anyone know anything about this, or even better, could provide a link?

Question about the new Transfer Value thing, I'm not sure if it was mentioned during the stream. Is this something that's displayed for all players in Player Search, like Value was previously, or only the ones you have recent Scout Reports on? Can you still sort by most valuable players, for example?

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

Didn't they say it's out when it's ready?

This^ Although they did say they were playing on the Alpha, Miles basically said don't ask its ready when its ready. Next week would would be more than a fortnight before release and it sounded like there was a couple of things he still wants to adjust.

Edited by janrzm

3 minutes ago, janrzm said:

This^ Although they did say they were playing on the Alpha, Miles basically said don't ask its ready when its ready. Next week would would be more than a fortnight before release and it sounded like there was a couple of things he still wants to adjust.

I just watched the stream this morning he for sure said "you'll see when the Beta comes out next week" in reply to a question in the chat. Might have been a slip of the tongue and he actually meant in two weeks, but he definitely said next week.

There was a part when they were looking at some scout report and I didn't quite understand what they were saying : something about the quality of the report ? 

Did anyone get that ? 

7 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I just watched the stream this morning he for sure said "you'll see when the Beta comes out next week" in reply to a question in the chat. Might have been a slip of the tongue and he actually meant in two weeks, but he definitely said next week.

I just watched again, at 10:05 when Miles talks about the beta version watermark, he says what I've said above. Was it later in the clip? Maybe slip of the tongue as you say. I'm not sure I have the strength to watch it again.... he's so abrasive....😂

Edited by janrzm

If we can't keep scout reports on specific shortlist up to date without doing every single player on every shortlist  I'll cry for a week.....seems so obvious and basic. I don't want much.

Edited by janrzm

7 minutes ago, janrzm said:

I just watched again, at 10:05 when Miles talks about the beta version watermark, he says what I've said above. Was it later in the clip? Maybe slip of the tongue as you say. I'm not sure I have the strength to watch it again.... he's so abrasive....😂

Its quite late on in the stream maybe around the 2 hour mark, wasn't paying that close attention but he for sure said beta next week, those were his exact words.

As I say whether he meant them or not I dunno.

7 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I legitimately prefer it to the previous UI.

Same inlrefer the new match UI bar the issues below which really should be fixed tbh:

- Cant access assistants feedback during a highlight

- Touchline tablet becomes transparent when the ball is behind it (very annoying)

- Touchline tablet takes up half the screen and cant be resized to the size we want

7 hours ago, bartdude said:

That's one thing about Youtubers & the like that annoys me, I don't want to be watching games in fast forward & moving through games at light speed