Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

All this Euro 96 guff everywhere, I cannot believe the BBC have never put My Summer With Des back up on iPlayer

Absolutely brilliant

Chucked my copy when I moved house because I had it taped off the telly on VHS, no idea why it hasn't had a DVD release

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having suffered 1990, 1996 and 2018 you would think I would be prepared for another crack with failure just being another day.  But I am nervous as all hell.

Maybe we can look at the omens.  We exorcised the ghosts of 1990 and 1996 in the 2nd round against Germany and did 2018 in the group stages against Croatia.  Could tonight be the exorcism of the Nations League?

Is it too early to start drinking? Officially I am still working :lol:

3 hours ago, Pukey said:

Meanwhile, MLG is in control of Southampton's twitter page and is still upset JWP wasn't called up

Jesus christ, the state of this. I mean I know no one would care if they went bust but the lengths they want to go to stay relevant is outstanding.

3 hours ago, Pukey said:

Meanwhile, MLG is in control of Southampton's twitter page and is still upset JWP wasn't called up

Typical Scummers supporting the wrong team..

Couple of facts ahead of KO: 

England are winless in their last five games against Denmark, drawing three and losing two. 

All seven games between the two nations at Wembley have finished 1-0. England winning five but Denmark have won the last two. 

14 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Hahahahaha 

This is almost as bad as the 2016 Peter Shilton and Chesney Hawkes mashup that you can't unsee:

Roundabout 1:30 Peter starts riffing on all England's non-football glories e.g. inventing the jet engine.  Seriously seriously weird.

15 minutes ago, mrw072 said:

Two ex Darlington keepers playing tonight - the first time that's ever happened in an international like this :D.  Both made their debuts for the Quakers too.

Pickford also played for the mighty Alfreton Town.  It's interesting how some England players have played for the smaller clubs in England - such as Alfreton, Leyton Orient, Stalybridge Celtic, and West Ham.

9 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

This is almost as bad as the 2016 Peter Shilton and Chesney Hawkes mashup that you can't unsee:

Roundabout 1:30 Peter starts riffing on all England's non-football glories e.g. inventing the jet engine.  Seriously seriously weird.

First time I have heard that. Absolutely mental!

12 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Pickford also played for the mighty Alfreton Town.  It's interesting how some England players have played for the smaller clubs in England - such as Alfreton, Leyton Orient, Stalybridge Celtic, and West Ham.

Channelling your inner General Melchett there? :D

6 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

They posted this reply to the tweet 5 hours later. I imagine they bottled it with the replies.

Probably not even really Theo, just a woman with loads of make up on.

I've had an incredibly ****** day. Lost my wallet and had huge stressful beauocracy issues.

Completely lost all enthusiasm for the football tonight.

My dad said he remembered having a horrible day before the England vs West Germany semi-final in 1990 as well.

Weird how these things sometimes happen before a big game. Puts the football into perspective a little.

Easy 2-0 win tonight. It’s bloody Denmark at home.

Easiest run to the final, but dispatching sides with minimal effort which is great. Save those legs for what will be a monumental game in final, against an ageing Italian defence that’s had two extra time games.

Like London buses, you wait ages to watch the England men's team in a major Semi Final - and then two come along in back-to-back tournaments.

We might have had a relatively easy run here, but make no mistake - Denmark will be the most difficult team we've played so far. Even without Eriksen, they've still got quality in many areas, and like our group, there seems to be a strong sense of togetherness with no big egos.

I think it'll be a struggle, and I think Denmark will score... but I'm going for England to win 2-1. The home crowd and our greater strength in depth might just get us through this battle. But even if it doesn't, I will wish Denmark all the very best against Italy on Sunday.

Edited by CFuller

Obviously want England to win anyway but i think i'd enjoy it a bit more knowing the Scots and the Welsh are going to spend another 5 days frantically texting radio stations "ITS NOT COMING HOME, WAHH STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT"  :D

Think it'll be close though, cant say id be surprised with either side progressing but i think short of being absolutely shithoused by the Danes tonight i want whoever wins this to eventually win it.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

Like London buses, you wait ages to watch the England men's team in a major Semi Final - and then two come along in back-to-back tournaments.

We might have had a relatively easy run here, but make no mistake - Denmark will be the most difficult team we've played so far. Even without Eriksen, they've still got quality in many areas, and like our group, there seems to be a strong sense of togetherness with no big egos.

I think it'll be a struggle, and I think Denmark will score... but I'm going for England to win 2-1. The home crowd and our greater strength in depth might just get us through this battle. But even if it doesn't, I will wish Denmark all the very best against Italy on Sunday.

I can't be having that tbh. Germany might not be as good as they were a couple of tournaments or so ago but it was Germany all the same. 

Not that I'm expecting this game tonight to be a walkover of course. 

Edited by craigcwwe

I don't think this England team cares that much for the past when it comes to their opponents. This Denmark team right now is probably at least equal to Germany's.

I've mentioned it a few times on here, but I actually predicted before the tournament (and before Eriksen's health scare) that Denmark would get to the Final. Of course, I also predicted that we'd get spanked in the Last 16. :D