Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

End of the day. Colombia was ITV. Iceland was BBC

Come on ITV

Iceland was on ITV, the famous Pougatch quote above

"DO WE DROP HART FOR THE QUARTERS?" at half time, even though we were 2-1 down and not looking like scoring again

Roy Hodgson watching the game like a cow watches a train as some Belgian journalist brilliantly put it

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Iceland was on ITV, the famous Pougatch quote above

"DO WE DROP HART FOR THE QUARTERS?" at half time, even though we were 2-1 down and not looking like scoring again

Roy Hodgson watching the game like a cow watches a train as some Belgian journalist brilliantly put it

Holland 93, Germany 90,96, Romania 2000, & Croatia 2018 Were all on ITV. Croatia in 2007 was on BBC

6 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

On one hand, it doesn't ****ing matter which channel we're on. It doesn't have any impact on the result.

On the other hand, I'm sat wondering whether to put my England shirt on tonight as I haven't for the previous 2 knockout games.

So, dunno...

Of course you don't ffs. I'll be wearing mine though, because it's been on for all the others.

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Surely most will be watching on Sky/Virgin/Freeview etc? Can't see there being that much extra traffic on the app, but maybe I'm wrong.

One thing I've discovered recently is there are plenty of people who just totally rely on their internet for TV now.

Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

One thing I've discovered recently is there are plenty of people who just totally rely on their internet for TV now.

Yeah, seems strange to me but does seem to be the case.

I get it for Sky/BT or if people are out and about. Don't know why you'd watch ITV delayed on an app over standard TV though.

We watch everything through a NOW TV stick, our TV aerial was falling down when we moved in and never replaced it

Never an issue apart from a big football game when I am 2 mins behind everyone else :D

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

This just instantly reminds me of the meme where he drops his head after a chance :D 

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

We watch everything through a NOW TV stick, our TV aerial was falling down when we moved in and never replaced it

Never an issue apart from a big football game when I am 2 mins behind everyone else :D

I've generally been texting a friend during games, but I'm watching live and he's online. There's a whole routine at kick off where I pause, then start again when he's caught up :D

Has only been an issue for me against Croatia, because with the warm weather and windows open we could hear distant neighbours when we scored. Weather's been crap for all the others, and my only immediate neighbour is Welsh.

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This just instantly reminds me of the meme where he drops his head after a chance :D 

Think that was the 2014 World Cup, after Suárez was put through by Gerrard. The head drop is when the ball hits the net

27 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah, seems strange to me but does seem to be the case.

I get it for Sky/BT or if people are out and about. Don't know why you'd watch ITV delayed on an app over standard TV though.

The real question is why the ITV App is so ****ing **** poor. Barely has basic functionality

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The real question is why the ITV App is so ****ing **** poor. Barely has basic functionality

I think the last time I used it was probably for a few afternoon kickoffs in the 2018 World Cup when I was stuck in the office, so can’t really judge. God bless working from home :D

1 hour ago, oche balboa said:

Obviously you would all remember the 2018 Semi final. But do any of you remember the 90,96 Semis?

90 I was in watching in a bar in Turin, couldn’t get tickets, we’d seen 3 other games. Absolutely kicked to **** by the Italians in the streets after. (Turin not a happy place for me, was arrested and deported after the Belgium game in 1980 :D )

96 I was in a working mans club in Southampton, and had actually passed out pissed before the shootout :D

6 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

What's your feeling? I'm fully behind you after the Ukraine prediction. 

Tonight’s trickier, Denmark riding “The Eriksen Effect” will be tougher than the Final, this ones gonna be Slabhead in the 117th minute to go through 2-1 after a monumental Pickford **** up early doors. Let’s face it, he’s due one.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Not sure when Sweet Caroline became an "England anthem", ITV.

Ought to be playing World in Motion.

they sang it at Wembley on a loop for about 10 minutes after the Germany game.  Now seems to have been adopted, five live interviewed the guy who did the wembley PA on why he chose it and how it had become such an anthem etc. 

9 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

All the feels.

terrible quality but I liked this song from around the same time (either Euro 96 or World Cup 98, not sure)

We've been sharing the England hosting between the close family. When it came to my sister in law to host, about 5 minutes before the game she asked what channel it was on, realised she didn't have ITV, and instead had to download the app on her phone and stream it on the TV from there :D

Luckily I wasn't at that one 

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

We've been sharing the England hosting between the close family. When it came to my sister in law to host, about 5 minutes before the game she asked what channel it was on, realised she didn't have ITV, and instead had to download the app on her phone and stream it on the TV from there :D

Luckily I wasn't at that one 

How does she not have ITV :D