Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Barry Cartman said:

She doesn't watch live TV, doesn't have Sky or even a Freeview box, they just watch Netflix and other streaming stuff 

Doesn't even have an aerial 

The **** is she doing hosting a get together for a football game for then :D You must have been extremely glad you didn't go.

Just now, Pukey said:

The **** is she doing hosting a get together for a football game for then :D You must have been extremely glad you didn't go.

It was tactical, her and her husband aren't into football at all, but do the show up to family things stuff. They came to ours for the Croatia game, but the 5 of us were having a weekend away at a caravan, so for the Scotland game she said she'd host that one, knowing we wouldn't be there :D 

She thought all the games were on BBC, so they could just watch on iPlayer on her TV 

12 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

ITV player actually made me go out and buy an aerial!

I'd be fine with internet only TV if it wasn't for live sports.

It's 20-60 seconds behind regular TV which is really annoying.
When NT plays you're in for a bad time here if your feed is late because people start celebrating goals. :lol:

When I watch regular football, livescore updates before Internet catches up, which is also really annoying.

6 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Meanwhile, MLG is in control of Southampton's twitter page and is still upset JWP wasn't called up

Ridiculous tinpot club. Just angry they sold any good players as soon as any decent bid came in.

16 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Southampton scum thread :mad:

11 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Ridiculous tinpot club. Just angry they sold any good players as soon as any decent bid came in.

8 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Embarrassing. Hope they go down. 

I fully endorse all these views :thup:

2 minutes ago, TM said:

not exactly England based but probably the song of World Cup 98 :cool: although the ITV song they used for their coverage with Jean-Michel Jarre was close

The bit where the bagpipes come in :****)

We don't need sad montage music this time.  Routine 3-0 win incoming.

Just a shame when we eventually get to a final we can't really enjoy it.  The draw opened up a bit and our opponents tonight had to go out to Baku and then we had home advantage and anyway Gareth was so lucky to get all these world beaters that any previous manager would obviously have won with as well.  And we played so badly against Scotland ffs. 

21 minutes ago, Bootador said:

Cos it's ****, there's a reason we had re-release Three Lions. 

BTW Three Lions 98 is poor as well, 96 is where its at. 

Three lions 98 is the saddest of all football songs. The original was about memories of winning the World Cup that namechecked some legends. Three Lions was about memories of being knocked out of a tournament, getting excited about beating a half decent team in qualifying, and half the players name checked as being ready missed the squad and never played again :D 

2 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Three lions 98 is the saddest of all football songs. The original was about memories of winning the World Cup that namechecked some legends. Three Lions was about memories of being knocked out of a tournament, getting excited about beating a half decent team in qualifying, and half the players name checked as being ready missed the squad and never played again :D 

And of course, we didn't exactly beat Italy. It was only a goalless draw, but it was enough. :D

1 hour ago, Pukey said:

Meanwhile, MLG is in control of Southampton's twitter page and is still upset JWP wasn't called up

1 hour ago, Barry Cartman said:

Southampton scum thread :mad:

1 hour ago, Haguey said:

1 hour ago, craigcwwe said:

Embarrassing. Hope they go down. 

1 hour ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I fully endorse all these views :thup:

I get what they were going for but they've missed the mark badly. We have a couple of players in the Denmark squad (as well as quite a strong connection with Denmark with several more Danes in our squad, a Danish manager, a Danish DoF and our owner also owns a Danish club) but think we've done a better job on twitter here :D 

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

I really hope Denmark win. English people are already insufferable.

English people hoping we lose so they can have a completely unwarranted sense of superiority and smugness are far more insufferable.

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

I get what they were going for but they've missed the mark badly. We have a couple of players in the Denmark squad (as well as quite a strong connection with Denmark with several more Danes in our squad, a Danish manager, a Danish DoF and our owner also owns a Danish club) but think we've done a better job on twitter here :D 

See, that's absolutely fine. You can acknowledge your players playing for the opposition without actively cheering for them like the Southampton tweet did it :D 

38 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

If we're doing France 98 montages you need a bit of Faure's Pavane from the BBC intro

Don't make them like this any more.

Hadn't realised how deeply embedded that song was in me until I heard it then - almost started crying! It must be one of my earliest footballing memories, certainly of England. 8 years old and balling my eyes out after we lost to Argentina.

46 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

If we're doing France 98 montages you need a bit of Faure's Pavane from the BBC intro

Don't make them like this any more.

mentioned it earlier but BBC and ITV really did a great job with the intros for this World Cup, different attempts with the music but both of them work

ITV's one for this Euros is dire in my opinion, BBC at least sort of made an effort but it's not that great

Both BBC and ITV's 1998 titles were great, some Jean Michel Jarre remix on the other side.

ITV's effort this year is crap, Kiwanuka is fine as music but much too current/fashionable and the visuals are forgettable.

Edit: my Dad bought me the single for ITV's 1998 titles, that's how much I liked it.

Edited by The_jagster

1 minute ago, The_jagster said:

Both BBC and ITV's 1998 titles were great, some Jean Michel Jarre remix on the other side.

ITV's effort this year is crap, Kiwanuka is fine as music but much too current/fashionable and the visuals are forgettable.

I agree there. I really do like that song by itself (and Michael Kiwanuka in general), but it doesn't really suit the titles, and the visuals don't really scream 'major football tournament'. They're also far too British-centric.

I like the BBC's effort more. Great electronica from Gaspard Augé (of Justice fame), the cartoons are very vibrant and colourful (if a little static), and they tell you straight away that this is very much a European Championship.

In another thread last month, I looked at all the BBC/ITV titles since Euro 2000, and ITV won 4-1. Make that 4-2.

19 minutes ago, TM said:

mentioned it earlier but BBC and ITV really did a great job with the intros for this World Cup, different attempts with the music but both of them work

ITV's one for this Euros is dire in my opinion, BBC at least sort of made an effort but it's not that great

Wow, the memories.... This was the intro to a pre-World Cup TV show we had here, they presented the teams, their path in qualifying and so on. I recognised the theme, but didn't know where it was from, then saw the South American (I assume Colombian) with the eagle wings and the Scottish taking the penalty and instantly got flashbacks of that show. Awesome find really. :thup:

Edited by Marius_R