Match 43: England vs Germany. 5PM (BST) BBC1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defend deep, Phillips smashing long balls to Sterling and Saka, their pace destroying Germany. Easy peasy.*

*Noting in advance this isn't entirely serious before Vampook quotes me thinking he's hilarious if we lose.

Edited by Pukey

1 minute ago, Ginger said:

More creative than Grealish or Foden?

Hard to say really. I'd say he's better at playing 1-2 touch than Grealish and better at providing through balls than Foden. He's different and a better fit for that wide right spot

I don't like the back three but that England team is just better than Germany. I'd back them for the win wherever the game was played, but add in that it's a home game, they should be getting through. Might not be comfortable but this should be an England win in 90 minutes.

Hopefully we actually use the wingbacks and they're not just there to stop Germany as the whole formation suggests. Changing everything to accommodate them makes us look like the lesser team which I don't like.

Was never any talk of Germany changing to try to nullify us.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Grealish will top them all and everyone will be in tears ;)

**** sake :D

But in all honesty this game can and hopefully will be won by what we have to come on from the bench.

Absolutely no harm having top quality players waiting to get on.

11 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Defend deep, Phillips smashing long balls to Sterling and Saka, their pace destroying Germany. Easy peasy.*

*Noting in advance this isn't entirely serious before Vampook quotes me thinking he's hilarious if we lose.

That genuinely will be what this game will turn into most likely :D 

Goretzka is definitely better than Gundogan for this XI, imo. I think Rice and Phillips is a really lame midfield compared to Kroos and Goretzka, but England have so much pace and mobility all over the pitch. That should be the difference rather than one guy Germany have brought into their team. They'll get overrun.

5 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Goretzka is definitely better than Gundogan for this XI, imo. I think Rice and Phillips is a really lame midfield compared to Kroos and Goretzka, but England have so much pace and mobility all over the pitch. That should be the difference rather than one guy Germany have brought into their team. They'll get overrun.

Kroos is tough to overrun, I'd be surprised if the midfield battle is where the game is won/lost.