Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, FrazT said:

For clarification for GD users here is the content of a recent post from Andrew James of the SI team regarding the youth intake issue and the fix implemented in the latest update:

The latest update 21.3.0 contains fixes aimed at improving Youth Intake numbers for both active and inactive leagues, as well as maintaining the long term total player count in saves. All changes are save game compatible.

We have introduced a stricter "minimum value" for the amount of players per intake. This means that top flight clubs should receive at least 8 players in every intake, with lower division clubs receiving slightly less - in most cases this should always be at least 4+. 

These minimum values are now met regardless of the total player count in game, so even if the total player count hasn't decreased since game start, the number of players being generated will not decrease below a certain point. This means that it is now possible (and in many save game setups likely) that the player count will now gradually increase rather than decrease, especially in the first 10 years of a save, after which it will start to flatten out again. 

I believe there are still some nations where a decrease may be possible - in Argentina for example where the squad sizes at game start are unsustainably huge - but there should now be a much healthier number of newgens generating across all active leagues than before. 

Hopefully these changes will mean that u18 squads are less dependant on virtual (greyed out) players to make up the numbers, but to clarify, the presence of virtual players does not mean a club is not producing enough newgens. 

We have also increased the number of newgens per intake for clubs in inactive leagues, but unfortunately the custom db setups where loads of players have been loaded into inactive leagues are still most likely to experience a drop in player count. It should be less severe than before this update, but my advice for long term saves would probably still be to add nations as playable if you want every club there to generate a youth intake every season and maintain the overall player count. 

If you have any questions then let me know. If you spot any bugs regarding youth intakes, then at this point it's best to start a new thread rather than post it here as this one is getting a bit congested.

Thanks again for your patience and all the information posted regarding these issues, they've been incredibly helpful in helping us try to get them resolved.

Little bit concerned by this in honesty as in my current save, top flight teams in active leagues had youth intakes of 7-11 a season which seemed pretty much as normal for me? 

Also bizarre though as on previous saves this number was on the low side of about 3-5.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

The final update will likely only have the last data changes only.

Thanks for this information because I really want to start new (and only) save. Is there a way to get official confirmation? I'd hate to have game changed in a month, don't care about transfers.

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

Match engine seems completely different...

Really hoping it's not a case of one tiny alteration having a big knock on effect as we've seen in the past. Previous ME didn't need touching IMO

In what way?

I've been playing the game for 12 hours & only just noticed the update at flippin' 00:30 

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Thanks for this information because I really want to start new (and only) save. Is there a way to get official confirmation? I'd hate to have game changed in a month, don't care about transfers.

Nobody can be sure what will be in an update, but historically the last one in March is usually just the final few late transfers from the Chinese and Russian leagues ( which will require a new save ) and there may be a few game changes, but these will be included only if they are causing major gameplay issues at the moment and that is unlikely.

8 minutes ago, spiritdonkey said:

Is it marked as "under review" or we can't hope for Analys section fixes in this edition? 

Unless SI come out and say that there will be one final update with these problems addressed, I don't foresee this getting fixed. 

But hey, at least we have useless xG!:seagull:

1 минуту назад, bielsadidnothingwrong сказал:

Unless SI come out and say that there will be one final update with these problems addressed, I don't foresee this getting fixed. 

No, xG is nice addition. 

But I'm tired from broken heatmaps and key passes map (and other small bugs like in analys between 1st and 2ns halves) too. Let's hope for some fixes or at least official info ;)

44 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

I don't think I have seen anything from SI about it.

I may have missed it, but the fact that it's nearly Match and there is no fix shows the lack of attention.

There is a thread about it on the bugs forum but I can't find it and I don't remember if there is a comment from their staff about it.

I just they are aware of it and it will be addressed (in one way or another) on FM 2022. If they can't fix it, at least get rid of it.

I see that you opened a thread, I'm sure I commented in another one about the same thing.

Apparently it's a known issue since November.

And here's the second one to which SI hasn't reacted to.

Edited by turgi

I see they still didn't fixed the bug in the pre-game editor where eliminated teams in a preliminary round gets to advance instead of inserting the correct teams. For f sake i've reported this bug in last year's version, how come they still haven't fixed it? What is the point of reporting bugs if they simply ignore them anyway?

6 hours ago, turgi said:

I don't think I have seen anything from SI about it.

I may have missed it, but the fact that it's nearly Match and there is no fix shows the lack of attention.

There is a thread about it on the bugs forum but I can't find it and I don't remember if there is a comment from their staff about it.

I just they are aware of it and it will be addressed (in one way or another) on FM 2022. If they can't fix it, at least get rid of it.

I see that you opened a thread, I'm sure I commented in another one about the same thing.

Apparently it's a known issue since November.

And here's the second one to which SI hasn't reacted to.

It's been a known issues since the beta, and SI has confirmed they are aware of it repeatedly. What they haven't done, however, is fix it or give any information whatsoever as to why it's not working or when it'll get fixed.

In other words, assume it won't and come back for FM22. 

Hace 7 horas, bielsadidnothingwrong ella dijo:

eso es todo lo que pido, sólo una actualización. Respetaría la respuesta más directa de "tuvimos algunas consecuencias no deseadas de revisar el motor de estadísticas y desafortunadamente, simplemente no podemos arreglarlo" en lugar de que digan que está en su radar o lo que sea.

No estoy tratando de menospreciar a nadie, así que por favor no malinterpretes mi frustración como acusación, pero creo que las críticas están justificadas con esto.

Hace 7 horas, spiritdonkey dijo:

No, xG es una buena adición.

Pero estoy cansado de los mapas de calor rotos y el mapa de pases de teclas (y otros pequeños errores como en el análisis entre las mitades 1 y 2ns) también. Esperemos algunas correcciones o al menos información oficial ;)

and so much so that it is a fair complaint. We are talking about a manager management game. What less than having the correct analytical aspects! The truth is that it is quite disappointing if they don't fix this ...

The tactical team lineup still gets hidden (though not every time) when looking at your tactics screen during a match.  I was hoping this would get fixed as it's so annoying to have to click the tactics button all the time.  It should remember that I want the tactical pitch visible.

On 21/02/2021 at 14:26, FedAt said:

can anyone explain why loan fees so low in fm21? i can understand 20/21 and 21/22 seasons but no one wants to pay any fees for a loan way after covid period. in fm20 you could earn some money on a loaned players, but in this year you barely get full salary payment for a loan.

I have reported this in a seperate thread, sadly the answers I have gotten are anything but conclusive

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

So how is the new ME any impressions?

And if anyone can upload picture when player score and see the player who got the assist i would appreciate it

Just to get ahead of things a bit and to keep you informed - there were more or less no changes to the match AI itself for this update. We focused on fixing up stats between FME and QME, key passes, CCCs etc.

That doesn't mean we're ignoring any match AI bugs/feedback though, it's just that the changes required for us to improve certain aspects of the ME are very risky to be making for a final update (especially when we feel the current ME is very enjoyable). Similar to our central play improvements this year, that wasn't really possible to implement and balance for an update in the previous version and needed more time to do properly. We'll be keeping in mind any feedback for any future work we do.

10 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

that is all I ask for, just an update. I would respect the more straightforward answer of "we had some unintended consequences of overhauling the stats engine and unfortunately, we just cannot fix it" instead of them saying it's on their radar or whatever.

I'm not trying to disparage anyone, so please do not misinterpret my frustration as accusation, but I do think criticism is warranted with this. 

Same! I thought that it will be fixed on this update or at least the next.

Looks like the basic analysis features will not be fixed in the "final" version. 

Hopefully, FM22 won't have this issue! 

7 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Just to get ahead of things a bit and to keep you informed - there were more or less no changes to the match AI itself for this update. We focused on fixing up stats between FME and QME, key passes, CCCs etc.

That doesn't mean we're ignoring any match AI bugs/feedback though, it's just that the changes required for us to improve certain aspects of the ME are very risky to be making for a final update (especially when we feel the current ME is very enjoyable). Similar to our central play improvements this year, that wasn't really possible to implement and balance for an update in the previous version and needed more time to do properly. We'll be keeping in mind any feedback for any future work we do.

And what about the passing maps bug? You guys need how much time to fix something that you broke?

7 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

I played a few games last night post update & the GK distribution playing out from the back was much improved & the match stats seemed a lot better, CCC's actually being recorded & the like. Pass completion %'s still look about 10% too high, it's easy to get 90% + pass completion & the weaker teams still manage 70-80% while getting played off the park 

Is it still worth putting bug/ME reports in now? I know they won't be sorted for FM21 but will they be looked at with FM22 in mind? 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

I played a few games last night post update & the GK distribution playing out from the back was much improved & the match stats seemed a lot better, CCC's actually being recorded & the like. Pass completion %'s still look about 10% too high, it's easy to get 90% + pass completion & the weaker teams still manage 70-80% while getting played off the park 

Is it still worth putting bug/ME reports in now? I know they won't be sorted for FM21 but will they be looked at with FM22 in mind? 

The GK distribution was improved, good spot!

Generally yes do keep logging examples of issues, but for this particular issue with passing %s we don't need any more.

The infrastructure tab is the only place where I can check future Stadiums? Because I've been complaining about it since the game was launched and Atlético Mineiro still don't have its future Stadium set on the game. 

Edited by LucasBR

16 minutes ago, Ninetails said:
Please bring back star ratings on the player profile page, their positional strengths preview section. These new colours circles are awful.

Yeah, exactly this. What happened with star ratings ?! There was nothing wrong with them, but now this circles are garbage :)

Edited by blejdek

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, bahmet said:

Why in PI passing directness "Standart" if i choose "Much shorter" in tactical style? Mentality Positive. https://prnt.sc/1019w8t

https://prnt.sc/101a2dh

But if i choose tactical style "Shorter", all PI "Shorter". https://prnt.sc/1019wx7

https://prnt.sc/101a0m3

On the PI page, 'shorter' means 'shorter than the team instruction level'. 

Really good to see that graphic is generally smoother and all the small fixes, but I spotted quite an annoying glitch that is driving me mad:

when I negotiate the wage offering a contract, visually it changes but "actually" the offer remains as it was before.

I don't know how to explain it properly, I'll try to put it as an example:

-> after the promises, on the contract page player X asks for 10k, I click on it and I manually digit 5k, then if I try to modify another field (like bonuses or whatsoever) the main wage field switches back to the initial request of 10k. It doesn't happen if I use the arrows to modify the number instead of manually digitizing it.

I already had to withdraw a couple of negotiations as I noticed only at the end that the player accepted "my offer" as it had switched back to his initial request (that was definitely too high for my budget).