Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

I apologize if this was already talked about, but I'm getting desperate seeing how almost every single time one of my players is going to cross to the box only to wait until an opponent is upon him to cut the ball out. 

I don't know if this was already an issue or if i'm noticing only now because I'm seeing more of the highlights but it's really taking my enjoyment of the game.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, amazarashi said:

I apologize if this was already talked about, but I'm getting desperate seeing how almost every single time one of my players is going to cross to the box only to wait until an opponent is upon him to cut the ball out. 

I don't know if this was already an issue or if i'm noticing only now because I'm seeing more of the highlights but it's really taking my enjoyment of the game.

It's not as bad as it was - seriously this latest patch has it at its least bad state. For good players/crossers of the ball they are actually able to carve it around defenders now, whereas before everything was blocked and also the average # of corners has come down indicating less of that behaviour.

That said, yes you will see more crosses blocked than in FM20 for instance. They have to mitigate ME behaviour somehow to keep goals/chances down, like in FM20 where 1:1s were missed way more than you'd except.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Whufc10000 said:

This game hasn't changed in years, which is its downfall.

I don't mind losing games that I've dominated if the AI had the better chances(CCC's and half chances for instance) as long as it works both ways, but it doesn't and never has.

Away games are a complete lottery and your best hope is to try to deny the home side a shot on target(see friendly v Rangers)

If only I could score with every chance like the AI do...

fm22updatevrangers.png

I'm not sure this is the best example of any imbalance here, it looks like a pretty standard match.

You had 9 shots totalling 0.74 xG compared to your opponent who had 3 shots totalling 1.04 xG. This suggests that although you opponent is creating less overall chances, the quality of those chances are considerably higher than what you're creating. Matches like this happen IRL all the time when one team sets up to counter the other.

If you're consistently seeing matches like this then it suggests that your team is too often allowing high-quality counter-attacking opportunities for your opponents. I'd suggest making a post on the tactics forum with some examples to see if anyone can suggest a slightly different away game strategy that leaves you less exposed.

4 minutos atrás, CaptCanuck disse:

It's not as bad as it was - seriously this latest patch has it at its least bad state. For good players/crossers of the ball they are actually able to carve it around defenders now, whereas before everything was blocked and also the average # of corners has come down indicating less of that behaviour.

That said, yes you will see more crosses blocked than in FM20 for instance. They have to mitigate ME behaviour somehow to keep goals/chances down, like in FM20 where 1:1s were missed way more than you'd except.

It was worse before?! 

I'm having an average of 10 per game (there were games where I had 15 and 17 lol) and I don't even focus on wingplay. 

My RB has 11 crossing but he is like this and my RW are this and this.  It happens less on the left side, don't know why.

6 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Meanwhile, I'm getting the same results as I was before the patch, but my goalkeeper isn't always kicking it long, since that's the only thing really changed in the patch.

It's quite funny to see the waves of change from "the game is scripted" to "the ME is flawed because I'm not winning".
Looking at the so-called evidence it's glaringly obvious that is has nothing to do with scripting nor "ghost-changes" in the new ME.

1 ora fa, XaW ha scritto:

I couldn't disagree more about the quality of the ME. The ME is the best it's been ever, in my opinion. I see varied types of goals, solid defensive plays, and that my tactical changes (good and bad!) really is reflected in how my team reacts.

I echo this, according to my tastes the current ME is light years better compared to FM20 - an edition I was strongly disappointed and critique of - and definitely one of the best ever made.

Yeah this year's game gave back hope for even better future for FM series. Thanks for that once again.

There are some areas that affect badly to flow direction and balance of the game: (Yes yes I keep repeating myself).

1) Unnecessary clears. This might sound small thing at first thought, but it actually affects everything from tactical role usage to core balance of power between teams. If it's changed to work better then AI needs to be more intelligent with its tactics and player positioning in defending situations more fluid.

2) Leaking flanks via poor lateral reactivity of formations.

Edited by Pasonen

1 hour ago, amazarashi said:

It was worse before?! 

I'm having an average of 10 per game (there were games where I had 15 and 17 lol) and I don't even focus on wingplay. 

My RB has 11 crossing but he is like this and my RW are this and this.  It happens less on the left side, don't know why.

Good players :-)

But yes, getting 20/game was not uncommon and I play through the middle theoretically. I mitigated it some by using FB-S, but with this latest update I have been able to return to WB-S. And since I used an IWB on the opposite side, those corners were largely a result of just my DRL and AML.

My biggest problem with fm21 is long range goals, it happens way too often especially playing at lower level when you expect the players not to be as good. It was a huge problem for me with fm20, it was so bad that I just went back to an older version. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I know it's partly to do with sitting deep but I usually play with the weakest team in the league and playing a high line is asking for more trouble.

Just as a way to release some stress before I put my fist through my monitor.

Throw ins. Why have all of my players completely forgotten what the aim is when taking a throw in? I noticed one player who was just amazingly bad and every throw-in on the left side of my pitch instantly went to an opposition player, but now it's happening on the right too... If he turns back towards my goalie and throws it at the feet of the opposition striker who just runs forward while my centre back moon walks next to him, I might cry.

Shot power. I just had 13 shots on target scoring 1. 5 of those shots were from between the penalty spot and edge of the area with no-one within 2-3 yards and my player did the most pissweak shot which just about made it to the goalie and I think may have struggled to cross the line if I'm honest. 91st minute they have their 3rd shot which was a left foot first time rocket which nearly took the net off...

Please tell me I'm not the only one

43 minutes ago, Senak said:

My biggest problem with fm21 is long range goals, it happens way too often especially playing at lower level when you expect the players not to be as good. It was a huge problem for me with fm20, it was so bad that I just went back to an older version. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I know it's partly to do with sitting deep but I usually play with the weakest team in the league and playing a high line is asking for more trouble.

If you're playing as the weakest team in the league, sitting deep, that's the area that will be attacked the hardest. If you're not getting bodies into that space, you're asking for long shot trouble

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you're playing as the weakest team in the league, sitting deep, that's the area that will be attacked the hardest. If you're not getting bodies into that space, you're asking for long shot trouble

To be fair weakest is going too far but on the weaker side, I'm defending similar to Burnley men behind the ball not counter pressing but getting back into shape and while I do expect the odd long range goal, I'm seeing it happen on a fairly regular basis. You say about getting bodies but I do generally have most my men back (the odd counter I don't but that happens). 

The only thing I find is having a dm sitting there can reduce it a bit but that forces me into specific tactics and it's not just against one type team seems to happen to them all.

55 minutes ago, Senak said:

You can sit deep while putting a player to contest a long shot at the same time. And apart from a low block and a high block there is also something called a mid block which gives some pressure to the opposition backline but does not expose you at the back as much as a high line.

1 minute ago, Senak said:

To be fair weakest is going too far but on the weaker side, I'm defending similar to Burnley men behind the ball not counter pressing but getting back into shape and while I do expect the odd long range goal, I'm seeing it happen on a fairly regular basis. You say about getting bodies but I do generally have most my men back (the odd counter I don't but that happens). 

The only thing I find is having a dm sitting there can reduce it a bit but that forces me into specific tactics and it's not just against one type team seems to happen to them all.

If you defend deep, you want to try and defend narrow too, force them into crossing. But you need an aerially dominant back line. That's what Burnley do, make that AMC space really hostile

1 minute ago, zyfon5 said:

You can sit deep while putting a player to contest a long shot at the same time. And apart from a low block and a high block there is also something called a mid block which gives some pressure to the opposition backline but does not expose you at the back as much as a high line.

I love an aggressive mid block. Currently doing a united 2006-2009 replication, who used and aggressive mid block and it's great to watch

7 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you defend deep, you want to try and defend narrow too, force them into crossing. But you need an aerially dominant back line. That's what Burnley do, make that AMC space really hostile

Cheers, I really appreciate the tips, I would say I already do a mid block minus the super aggressive part, is there a way to tell players to press without them double teaming? Because when I set Pressing Intensity to High, it means that they like to double press which always leaves a player open making things worse.

8 minutes ago, Senak said:

Cheers, I really appreciate the tips, I would say I already do a mid block minus the super aggressive part, is there a way to tell players to press without them double teaming? Because when I set Pressing Intensity to High, it means that they like to double press which always leaves a player open making things worse.

I use close down more plus get stuck in. Tight marking is situational. Don't want them chasing everywhere but do want them stepping up and pressuring a man at a time

24 minutes ago, Senak said:

Well you have found the most effective solution to the problem but refused to implement it. Obviously you still need to do other things to complement like not letting your single DM to cover half of the pitch but putting a DM or a defensive minded midfielder to cover the central area just outside the box is the single most effective solution to mitigate long shots.

5 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Well you have found the most effective solution to the problem but refused to implement it. Obviously you still need to do other things to complement like not letting your single DM to cover half of the pitch but putting a DM or a defensive minded midfielder to cover the central area just outside the box is the single most effective solution to mitigate long shots.

Not the most effective, the team really struggles to score in my DM system so my normal system is more effective at picking up points. But my original point is I find that in a game the other team will score long range shots of .05xg, while they may have a few more shots than me (I work it into the box so don't take long shots), it doesn't match up with what I would expect, if you guys aren't having the same issue, it clearly is something I'm doing that's making these occur more often than regular.

9 hours ago, smithy20 said:

Great game and update, if it wasn't for stuttering/lagging/freezing during matches since the update. Anybody else getting this?

I am, I've spent 400 hours on the game before the patch with zero issues, I've no idea where this has come from.  Anyone got a fix?  It's a tad random.

My gripe with the patch is my players are all of a sudden incapable of long throws and/or attacking the ball/heading from them and goals from corners which has led into a huge drop in goals for me.  Not sure what's been changed on long throws?

Oh and too many chances are clased as a CCC when they're not, especially headed chances from corners.  Otherwise my CBs are missing far too many glorious chances :lol:.

Edited by SpillBlood

26 minutes ago, Senak said:

Not the most effective, the team really struggles to score in my DM system so my normal system is more effective at picking up points. But my original point is I find that in a game the other team will score long range shots of .05xg, while they may have a few more shots than me (I work it into the box so don't take long shots), it doesn't match up with what I would expect, if you guys aren't having the same issue, it clearly is something I'm doing that's making these occur more often than regular.

Well if the benefits of not having a DM outweighs the risk from long shots then you should not be concerned. There are no tactics that is perfect with no weakness but you look at the weakness and tell yourself that you are ok with taking this risk compared to benefits.

Long shots have lower xG because most teams nowadays are well set up to contest long shots. On the rare occasion that they do not, they can be a goal scoring chance especially when the shot is taken from a good angle from the goal. Any decent professional player can put a well drilled shot in the net from this area when uncontested. It is like the equivalent of an uncontested 3 point attempt in the NBA be prepared to get punished for it when you do not contest the shot even if the average success rate is low. (Looking at Milwaukee bucks)

This reminds me a match highlight that I watched last week (can't remember which game) and I noticed that the home team does not set up to defend long shots outside the box from their defending corner routine. Guess what? In the next highlight the away team scored the winning goal from a long shot from the uncontested area from the corner routine.

10 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

If you're consistently seeing matches like this then it suggests that your team is too often allowing high-quality counter-attacking opportunities for your opponents. I'd suggest making a post on the tactics forum with some examples to see if anyone can suggest a slightly different away game strategy that leaves you less exposed.

This is another alias of Hammer1000 GarryWHUFCAN 100%. He's had the same "issue" to this for years

He goes online and downloads a 100% attacking defenderless exploit "wonder tactic" from this place or somewhere else.

Therefore, the only reason he never sees it the other way is because the AI doesn't manage like this. Spoiler: You can only ever win by a lucky punch if you set up to win by a lucky punch, e.g. the AI's defensive route of setting up a thousand defend duty players.

Wash, rinse, repeat every year. Won't ever, ever change (sadly he ignores xG now showing that quantity ain't always quality, as demonstrated by yourself.) Still too much focuson the rotten CCC apparently too. ;) 

11 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Funny how it’s like we’re all playing a different game. Perhaps that’s why SI has so many unhappy customers, more than maybe they should. 

Since the patch, my winger with many PoM, assists and goals, has gone completely cold, producing nothing, but only hits the ball against the defenders legs over and over again. 

my striker with 30 goals in 22 games has 0 in the next 10. His positioning has tanked and he doesn’t get into good position anymore, just lags behind everyone else. And I even threw him in a couple friendlies to boost his confidence. 

players can’t string passes together, get caught standing around and tackled by players two leagues below them. It’s atrocious what’s happened.

These were never issues before this patch. Is it caused by the patch? Who knows! One person says one thing, the other says the opposite.

we can only play our saves as they happen to play out.

42 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Funny how it’s like we’re all playing a different game. Perhaps that’s why SI has so many unhappy customers, more than maybe they should. 

Since the patch, my winger with many PoM, assists and goals, has gone completely cold, producing nothing, but only hits the ball against the defenders legs over and over again. 

my striker with 30 goals in 22 games has 0 in the next 10. His positioning has tanked and he doesn’t get into good position anymore, just lags behind everyone else. And I even threw him in a couple friendlies to boost his confidence. 

players can’t string passes together, get caught standing around and tackled by players two leagues below them. It’s atrocious what’s happened.

These were never issues before this patch. Is it caused by the patch? Who knows! One person says one thing, the other says the opposite.

we can only play our saves as they happen to play out.

Ya I was just speaking to the crosses which for me is not the 99% blockfest it previously was, not that things are super terrific.

My defenders - the same back 3 as the previous season, yet improved both individually and working as a group - stand around with the thumbs up their backsides watching give and go's pass them bye they'd have snuffed out the season before.

Like you I see different match behaviour, but I am loath to be too whingey about it, lest I'm told I have a crap tactic ;-) Which may or may not be true, but it still shouldn't account for obvious match play behaviour changes.

22 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Ya I was just speaking to the crosses which for me is not the 99% blockfest it previously was, not that things are super terrific.

My defenders - the same back 3 as the previous season, yet improved both individually and working as a group - stand around with the thumbs up their backsides watching give and go's pass them bye they'd have snuffed out the season before.

Like you I see different match behaviour, but I am loath to be too whingey about it, lest I'm told I have a crap tactic ;-) Which may or may not be true, but it still shouldn't account for obvious match play behaviour changes.

All I see now is 99% blockfest lol

13 hours ago, XaW said:

The change from before and after the latest patch is what I mean, if it was unclear.

I couldn't disagree more about the quality of the ME. The ME is the best it's been ever, in my opinion. I see varied types of goals, solid defensive plays, and that my tactical changes (good and bad!) really is reflected in how my team reacts.

I'm not event going to comment the first phrase it's a "dialogue de sourd" that is going on for more than a year now (look out the translation, i'm not sure what the correct expression is in english).

For the rest, you certainly are entitled to your opinion, for me, the never first intention cross, wb prefering to dwell on the ball, waiting for is opponent to come back, the useless AF in a 451, the non respect of the PI, make my team seemingly always playing the same match. I have to tick "don't run with the ball" for my world class dribbler not to impale himself on the defense. I'm just bored, really. And sad. I want the first ME back. It was fun while it last. I'm dreaming of a non-updating option on steam.

4 hours ago, Svenc said:

This is another alias of Hammer1000 GarryWHUFCAN 100%. He's had the same "issue" to this for years

He goes online and downloads a 100% attacking defenderless exploit "wonder tactic" from this place or somewhere else.

Therefore, the only reason he never sees it the other way is because the AI doesn't manage like this. Spoiler: You can only ever win by a lucky punch if you set up to win by a lucky punch, e.g. the AI's defensive route of setting up a thousand defend duty players.

Wash, rinse, repeat every year. Won't ever, ever change (sadly he ignores xG now showing that quantity ain't always quality, as demonstrated by yourself.) Still too much focuson the rotten CCC apparently too. ;) 

I'm who now?

The tactic(s) I use are nothing of the sort and whilst I do tend to download tactics, that's because I  struggle to build tactics from scratch, so I look for solid tactics that don't have gaping holes in them and then adapt them around my squads strengths and weaknesses.

Its highly frustrating conceding goals on the counter when I have four players back yet the one AI player countering runs in a pattern that makes him faster and my players slower as well as parting like the red sea when said player runs at them. 

I don't see how you can always claim "Its your tactics" when there is clearly massive issues with the ME???

11 hours ago, rdbayly said:

One of the biggest problems is that wide players - even those with stand out attributes and in a role / system that should produce these - seldom attempt first time crosses. This is particularly frustrating  when you see your DLP play a great diagonal pass to a wide player during a counter attack, and said wide player slows down and punts it in to the defender's legs for a corner (I swear half my highlights start with corners - but if I get started on set pieces now, I'll start ranting). To see how far this has regressed, all you have to do is load up a save from an older FM iteration and you notice it immediately.

This a very annoying aspect of the ME: while watching the game on comprehensive highlights it feels like a lot of highlights start with the wide player WAITING for the defender to block the cross. Maybe is a poor way to express " hey here we have a corner ", or maybe there should be skipped somehow from the highlights - I don't know , or maybe there is a real issue with the ME - but seeing that wide player going dumb with the ball is tiresome.

Also there are other glitches that are in same annoying category : offside after throw-in near the corner flag - I have this 2-3 times a game , offside after short-corner - again 2-3 times a game.

Player ratings are way different than other years, even after 2 patches I rarely see an 8+ ratting ( only with a hattrick I've seen an 8.5 - but before the December update I had seen a 10 rating). It feels like this year the ratings are condensed somehow in a small interval 6.4 - 7.4 maybe 7.5 . It's hard to judge who's playing better and who isn't based on ratings.

Please make that annoying, intrusive "We're sorry! Football manager has crashed"-popup optional. Yes. I know the game crashes everytime I exit in the middle of a match. Thanks. I have submitted the crash report some 20 times since day one already and it obviously still occurs several patches later, so maybe stop pestering me about it? Please?

I’ve had to alter my tactic a little since 2.3. Dropped my defensive line a little. Now we’re kicking **** again.

I guess I could have let my 6 game losing streak continue, thinking, this is insane, my tactic and players were amazing before the patch, what’s going on? Or I could try and manage the situation.

I’m just ashamed it took me 6 games tbh. It’s been said before, but morale in this version is THE super power.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Please make that annoying, intrusive "We're sorry! Football manager has crashed"-popup optional. Yes. I know the game crashes everytime I exit in the middle of a match. Thanks. I have submitted the crash report some 20 times since day one already and it obviously still occurs several patches later, so maybe stop pestering me about it? Please?

By the way, is the crash report mandatory? Because I sometimes get a message that the report could not be sent despite I am closing the window with the "x".

Regarding crossing- putting aside how it affects what happens on the pitch the reason it really needs to be fixed is this:

image.png.27a43aef18acc6b824e6607b2d136cd7.png

Matches are just simply unwatchable as the AI is attempting even more crosses and suffering too- so if you watch a game extended or full the player is seeing upwards of 30 crosses blocked per game. The cross completion percentage isnt the issue- its the amount of crosses attempted and us having to sit through a game where the majority of highlights are blocked crosses.

The reason I think not all see this is that its particularly prevalent when a players team has a high reputation- meaning the AI parks the bus every game and the flanks are clear, so even tactics not designed to exploit the space wide find the ball goes out wide anyway (as it should). I in turn see it more when I play games like this and I defend narrow.

On a side note- high reputation teams get fouled a lot so some games Im looking at highlights like this in conjunction with park the bus ( I won 3-0):

image.png.ac0a7046647ca510e434350e24fff97e.png

21 fouls is a little on the low side for an average game against lesser opposition but 61 crosses is ridiculous. Highlights sometimes are nothing more than the goals, blocked crosses and fouls.

61 crosses from these instructions (no PIs) in a tika taka 4231 I use against Park the Bus- this tactic should not be generating 61 crosses (the freekicks I acknowledge will add to the crossing but this aside 40 is too much with this setup):

image.png.bb9e7bf169ef6f51d363ebb158ffbaf1.png

Does it affect my results? No, Im still dominant. Does it make watching games a chore and the match unenjoyable? Yes.

Edited by dunk105

3 hours ago, Tyburn said:

I’ve had to alter my tactic a little since 2.3. Dropped my defensive line a little. Now we’re kicking **** again.

I guess I could have let my 6 game losing streak continue, thinking, this is insane, my tactic and players were amazing before the patch, what’s going on? Or I could try and manage the situation.

I’m just ashamed it took me 6 games tbh. It’s been said before, but morale in this version is THE super power.

Your poor form coinciding with the latest patch could have been coincidence though

Disappointed to see that stats/90 remain broken despite reporting the issue in January. I regularly use custom views for stats that include several per 90 mins to enable me to more accurately understand how my players are performing. Hoping this may be fixed as part of final transfers update as never been an issue in previous versions of FM. Fingers crossed.

Just now, francis#17 said:

Your poor form coinciding with the latest patch could have been coincidence though

Absolutely.

As I said, I feel morale played the bigger role here. First game after patch I got what has been referred to in the past as “FM’d”. Battered my opponent and lost to a punt over the top. I then continued to be “FM’d” for 5 more games. I’ve never seen so many goals ruled out for offside. Posts being hit, pens being missed. Made a tweak, 10 game win streak.

Before the patch I’d gone 8 unbeaten.

Just an observation, for those that feel, rightly or wrongly, that their tactic turned to **** at the exact moment the patch dropped.

Just have to manage it.

1 hour ago, Kendrick Lambert said:

21.3 Update reminds me fm2020.Goalkeeper of rivals 8.0 score every game.Single-pole,penalty,header,whatever,he saves them all.I think you should reinforce striker or weaken goalkeeper.

20 shots!! Do you not think after 15, I could do with changing something?

City, top of league, absolutley rampamt scored 2 today with 10 shots, that has to say somehting 

Started unemplyed, with Sunday League Experience and no licenses

Been offered Botafogo and Fluminese job interviews (Brazilian First Division)

The unrealistic job offers were fixed in the last update, but it seems they are back now 

Edited by AEJ

Does anyone else feel that acceleration/pace is too overpowered when a player has the ball and is running at defenders? A/Bing between watching real life German 3. Liga matches, and then playing as a German 3. Liga team in a test save, it certainly feels the case - real life players are slower to move, change direction and accelerate.

Then again, my primary save is in the German sixth tier, where the average acc/pace attributes are between 5-8, so it might just be me being used to much slower players in-game.

Incredibly irritated by some of the changes to player attributes in this update. 

Yes, yes, I know I'm a Man United fan, and I might have bias, but changes to a few players constantly baffle me. 

This, in mind, while Kalidou Koulibaly continuing to have the attributes of a "strong physical, non technical(stereotype much?)" type player while it's well known by watches and by his stats that he's one of the best ball playing CBs around. 

Back to the club I know well, though, Marcus Rashford receives downgrades to his PA despite putting up his best numbers? Hes putting up insane numbers of goals and assists despite being slightly out of form? Doesn't that mean his full potential is quite high for a player in form? 

Mason Greenwood, at 19 has struggled a bit this season, but that is largely overblown because of how good he was last season, with 17 goals in a debut season, but gets a downgrade? Despite being 19? 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka gets a massive downgrade despite being almost exactly the same player, with the same kind of form as he showed last season. 

Shaw'd upgrade is so minimal despite being one of the best LBs in the league this season.

A balancing of Bruno (who still gets a downgraded attribute), despite his numbers being utterly insane for a year now. But no, he gets a minimal increase. 

I would understand if it's Telles, De Gea, Martial(who should have been significant), Lindelof, Matic, even Cavani or James. 

Liverpool ratings did not take such an attribute hit despite being quite well below par this season. I'll look at a certain Trent Alexander Arnold whose downgrade is nowhere near the state of AWB. And yet one maintained form, the other is out of it, but the player who maintained gets the massive downgrade. 

I'm actually trying to be slightly objective, but this is just insane. 

It's almost FIFA levels of ludicrous.

One of my favourite FM matches I can remember - albeit I would certainly be frustrated rather than satisfied if I was the manager of the losing team. How this didn't end up as a 4-0 win for the home side I'll never know! The foul count is rather high considering there were only two yellow cards, too.

image.png.a37d6335bf1c1e1efdc8eafcf7d3ba6c.png

Love this commentary line, as well:

image.png.d4ef568a06ce111a514b86000f67d890.png
image.png.17cba92936b06b20e9022ac9cd2b6252.png

7 hours ago, Bakiano said:

The press conferences need a total revamp imo. I lost the league only because the result between me and Real Madrid, and not one question was about that.

Betis v Levante_ Press Officer Summary.png

I despise everything about the press conferences, pre/post-match interviews etc. From the repetitveness of questions to the terrible interface they have introduce this year.

Don't get me wrong, I want to do the media interactions, it's a big part of management, but the whole idea needs scrapping and given a fresh start from scratch.

1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

I despise everything about the press conferences, pre/post-match interviews etc. From the repetitveness of questions to the terrible interface they have introduce this year.

Don't get me wrong, I want to do the media interactions, it's a big part of management, but the whole idea needs scrapping and given a fresh start from scratch.

If you have any suggestion as to how it could work, please post it in the suggestions forum. I agree it needs changing, but I'm also at a loss as to how it should be kept interesting. I mean, press conferences in real life is quite boring and repetitive in real life as well...

4 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Incredibly irritated by some of the changes to player attributes in this update. 

Yes, yes, I know I'm a Man United fan, and I might have bias, but changes to a few players constantly baffle me. 

This, in mind, while Kalidou Koulibaly continuing to have the attributes of a "strong physical, non technical(stereotype much?)" type player while it's well known by watches and by his stats that he's one of the best ball playing CBs around. 

Back to the club I know well, though, Marcus Rashford receives downgrades to his PA despite putting up his best numbers? Hes putting up insane numbers of goals and assists despite being slightly out of form? Doesn't that mean his full potential is quite high for a player in form? 

Mason Greenwood, at 19 has struggled a bit this season, but that is largely overblown because of how good he was last season, with 17 goals in a debut season, but gets a downgrade? Despite being 19? 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka gets a massive downgrade despite being almost exactly the same player, with the same kind of form as he showed last season. 

Shaw'd upgrade is so minimal despite being one of the best LBs in the league this season.

A balancing of Bruno (who still gets a downgraded attribute), despite his numbers being utterly insane for a year now. But no, he gets a minimal increase. 

I would understand if it's Telles, De Gea, Martial(who should have been significant), Lindelof, Matic, even Cavani or James. 

Liverpool ratings did not take such an attribute hit despite being quite well below par this season. I'll look at a certain Trent Alexander Arnold whose downgrade is nowhere near the state of AWB. And yet one maintained form, the other is out of it, but the player who maintained gets the massive downgrade. 

I'm actually trying to be slightly objective, but this is just insane. 

It's almost FIFA levels of ludicrous.

I agree with most regarding United players, particularly Greenwood and Wan-Bissaka being given downgrades.

However, Rashford deserves a fall in PA. 5 years he has been starting for United and still he struggles with consistency, that killer instinct in front of goal and generally staying on his feet.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

If you have any suggestion as to how it could work, please post it in the suggestions forum. I agree it needs changing, but I'm also at a loss as to how it should be kept interesting. I mean, press conferences in real life is quite boring and repetitive in real life as well...

Admittedly I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I know it won't be easy to improve on.

I think they need to give more intelligence to the journalists and the ability to develop relationship/enemies with them and their publishment. I know this is sort of in the game already, but I've never paid much attention to it.

The questions are so predicatble and it's just the same questions being repeated over and over. Also the gestures this year are dreadful. Very few of them see realistic and they add very little. Answering questions should be instinctive and snappy. Having to click a gesture and then select an appropriate answer (after reading them all) is a huge drag.

I'll get thinking with FM22 in mind.

1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

Admittedly I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I know it won't be easy to improve on.

I think they need to give more intelligence to the journalists and the ability to develop relationship/enemies with them and their publishment. I know this is sort of in the game already, but I've never paid much attention to it.

The questions are so predicatble and it's just the same questions being repeated over and over. Also the gestures this year are dreadful. Very few of them see realistic and they add very little. Answering questions should be instinctive and snappy. Having to click a gesture and then select an appropriate answer (after reading them all) is a huge drag.

I'll get thinking with FM22 in mind.

I think the gestures are an improvement upon the old "tone" system, and I think it works fine for team talks as such.

As for press conferences, I made a post about it a while ago with some suggestions, but the whole aspect of press conferences is a bit of an enigma, really. If you make it real it's boring, so how should it work? My suggestion is to make a "light" version with only a few questions except for finals, title deciders, relegation, and the like with quite specific questions as to how likely you are to win the match, and really contextual questions. Doing it so rarely will avoid the questions being to repetitive for the most part. The "regular" everyday questions could be a few in regards to an injured player, and much the same as now, but only one or two every time.

I'd love to have some brilliant suggestion that would wow everyone, but this is as good as I've thought of yet.