Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

1 ora fa, Costanino Hummels ha scritto:

Anoche hice un comentario crítico y constructivo basado en mi experiencia personal y fue eliminado (?). OK lo resumo

1. He disfrutado FM15 desde entonces y puedo decir que FM20 fue un desastre en el ME, pero al menos planteó desafíos. FM21 es el juego más aburrido que he jugado en años. Un buen ME pero una IA desastrosa, malas estadísticas y una interfaz dolorosa.

2. Como consumidor experimentado y viendo lo mismo que sucedió el año pasado, ¿qué esperanza puedo tener cuando en marzo de 2020 dejaron de actualizar y dejaron un ME aburrido y roto donde se marcaron 8/10 goles de cabeza?

3. Si Sigames no tiene la capacidad de desarrollar un juego estable y sin errores todos los años, deje de hacerlo. Busque alternativas. Nuestro dinero es importante para ellos pero más importante para nosotros.

Respecto a la evolución del juego, no olvidemos que todos los años compramos el juego donde hay dos países (más o menos) con los derechos adquiridos (escudos, nombres de clubes y estadios, etc. y el resto se quedan sin derechos) . Básicamente pagamos por una nueva máscara y transferencias.

La evolución de esta saga debería ser mucho mayor conociendo los años que llevan trabajando en ella

Por cierto, parece que les gustó la analogía del pan, gracias amigos :)

I totally disagree with anything you said about this edition of FM, but as we say here in Italy "El mundo es bello porque es variado". I was extremely critical towards FM20, which I personally still consider one of the poorer (if not the poorest) title of the entire series, but, and mind this is still a personal opinion, I'm enjoying very much FM21 probably because I'm finding in it what I was looking for. Because probably my priorities over a game are different from yours. And even if I was strongly disappointed with FM20 I have never ever accused the devs of poor professionalism or the company for the lack of creativity because of lack of competition (this is such a stupid point...), let alone speaking of competence. I personally find this post of yours quite disrepectful. Imagine someone having a go at you, telling you the things you just said above because, according to him, you made a terrible work. And that you are incompetent and lazy. Would this help making your next work better? I'd personally slap his face probably :)

1. Fair enough, personal tastes.

2. FM20 was poor, agree.

3. Here we are. You used the wrong words. The game is stable. It's actually, according to my experience, much more stable than any other FM I played in my life. I have never suffered a crash dump, no runtime-errors, super fast savegames loading. About errors, and I think you refers to bugs, no and really drop your hopes about it: there is no software on the market without bugs. Windows 10 has bugs. iMac OS has bugs. FIFA has bugs. Autocad has bugs. What makes you exactly hope that at a certain point FM should not have bugs?

You want alternatives? There are a plenty. Open Steam, look for another football management game and try all of them out. Then get back here again and give us your impressions. If there are no alternatives to FM it's not because SI hired a commando and killed'em out, but because their work was so good that no one could match it. And everytime all of you say that FM is like it is because there's no competition, it's like giving SI a badge of honor for the massive work they did througout 20+ years.

That said, the bakery analogy was splendid anyway :):thup:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Federico said:

Here we are. You used the wrong words. The game is stable. It's actually, according to my experience, much more stable than any other FM I played in my life. I have never suffered a crash dump, no runtime-errors, super fast savegames loading. About errors, and I think you refers to bugs, no and really drop your hopes about it: there is no software on the market without bugs. Windows 10 has bugs. iMac OS has bugs. FIFA has bugs. Autocad has bugs. What makes you exactly hope that at a certain point FM should not have bugs?

You want alternatives? There are a plenty. Open Steam, look for another football management game and try all of them out. Then get back here again and give us your impressions. If there are no alternatives to FM it's not because SI hired a commando and killed'em out, but because their work was so good that no one could match it. And everytime all of you say that FM is like it is because there's no competition, it's like giving SI a badge of honor for the massive work they did througout 20+ years.

FIFA despite the revenue that is many times bigger than FM till this day still has hilarious animation bugs which is supposed their main selling point of improved and realistic animation. And have they fixed their server crashes in FUT yet? But according to some people here they are better than FM despite being backed with much more resources that SI could only dreamed of.

PES is slowly catching up but their lack of licensing and good physics engine is limiting their game.

Regarding to alternatives, some big developers have released titles similar to FM in the past but only FM survived till this day. Go figure why.

28 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

FIFA despite the revenue that is many times bigger than FM till this day still has hilarious animation bugs which is supposed their main selling point of improved and realistic animation. And have they fixed their server crashes in FUT yet? But according to some people here they are better than FM despite being backed with much more resources that SI could only dreamed of.

PES is slowly catching up but their lack of licensing and good physics engine is limiting their game.

Regarding to alternatives, some big developers have released titles similar to FM in the past but only FM survived till this day. Go figure why.

I don’t think there is any argument that SI killed the competition (metaphorically obviously). And they did that by having.a product which is light years ahead. But without competition and with soaring sales (I buy I every year cos it doesn’t break the bank and hoping it’s great) they need honest strong feedback. 
i honestly think with the talent at their disposal SI could make several improvements and not release buggy products. We are allowed to say that. 

as for go figuring why I’ll tell you IMO. FM is a money maker but not on a scale like GTA/ FIFA. Through its history and connections it’s created an amazingly powerful product. The level of investment required to match that scale does not equate to the revenue it would generate.it will need a Konami or EA to genuinely move into this sector  to create competition. I just dont think those guys see enough 💵 for the effort. And if someone did try and take them on with a genuine competitor it could easily fall flat cos people would stick witH FM. it would take a brave developer to try this right now. I think sensible competitors will wait for game changing technology which will set them clearly apart from FM. a similar or slightly better product would still lose.

Edited by steam just is

1 minuto fa, steam just is ha scritto:

I don’t think there is any argument that SI killed the competition (metaphorically obviously). And they did that by having.a product which is light years ahead. But without competition and with soaring sales (I buy I every year cos it doesn’t break the bank and hoping it’s great) they need honest strong feedback. 
i honestly think with the talent at their disposal SI could make several improvements and not release buggy products. We are allowed to say that. 

as for go figuring why I’ll tell you IMO. FM is a money maker but not on a scale like GTA/ FIFA. Through its history and connections it’s created an amazingly powerful product. The level of investment required to match that scale does not equate to the revenue it would generate.it will need a Konami or EA to genuinely move into this sector  to create competition. I just dont think those guys see enough 💵 for the effort.

Replying the bolded.

Oh believe me, they get many strong comments, especially here in the GD forum :lol: Fair and genuine? Few of them are. Sometimes people just need to vent. I have a "Bud-Spencer-punch-proof" keyboard for that :lol:

Maybe you forgot EA released FIFA Manager years ago, and it was dismissed. Sooo... here we are :)

8 minutes ago, steam just is said:

as for go figuring why I’ll tell you IMO. FM is a money maker but not on a scale like GTA/ FIFA. Through its history and connections it’s created an amazingly powerful product. The level of investment required to match that scale does not equate to the revenue it would generate.it will need a Konami or EA to genuinely move into this sector  to create competition. I just dont think those guys see enough 💵 for the effort. And if someone did try and take them on with a genuine competitor it could easily fall flat cos people would stick witH FM. it would take a brave developer to try this right now. I think sensible competitors will wait for game changing technology which will set them clearly apart from FM. a similar or slightly better product would still lose.

I mean they have a feedback thread and a suggestion forum which is frequented by staff from the dev team and will try their best to reveal the inner workings of their game as much as they could. I certainly do not think they lack transparency or any honest feedback. I did not buy the latest edition of FM this year as I have felt the improvements were not good enough to convince me but I do understand the difficulties and the circumstances last year. I am totally aware of the flaws in the game and have provided my own feedback many times in the past. But many people have also overexaggerate issues about the game in the past that I could only describe as unfair criticism.

Regarding the revenue/investment part there are a lot of inner workings that we as an outsider will never know so feel free to come up with your own conclusions.

2 hours ago, Federico said:

Estoy totalmente en desacuerdo con todo lo que dijo sobre esta edición de FM, pero como decimos aquí en Italia " El mundo es bello porque es variado¿Ayudaría esto a mejorar su próximo trabajo? Yo personalmente le abofetearía probablemente:)

1. Gustos personales bastante justos.

2. FM20 fue pobre, de acuerdo.

3. Aquí estamos. Usaste las palabras equivocadas. El juego es estable. De hecho, según mi experiencia, es mucho más estable que cualquier otra FM que haya tocado en mi vida. Nunca he sufrido un volcado por caída, sin errores de tiempo de ejecución, carga súper rápida de partidas guardadas. Acerca de los errores, y creo que te refieres a los errores, no y realmente pierdas las esperanzas al respecto: no hay software en el mercado sin errores. Windows 10 tiene errores. iMac OS tiene errores. La FIFA tiene errores. Autocad tiene errores. ¿Qué te hace esperar exactamente que en un momento determinado FM no tenga errores?

¿Quieres alternativas? Hay muchos. Abre Steam, busca otro juego de gestión de fútbol y pruébalos todos. Entonces regrese aquí nuevamente y cuéntenos sus impresiones. Si no hay alternativas a FM no es porque SI contrató a un comando y los mató, sino porque su trabajo fue tan bueno que nadie pudo igualarlo. Y cada vez que todos ustedes dicen que FM es así porque no hay competencia, es como darle a SI una insignia de honor por el enorme trabajo que hicieron durante más de 20 años.

Dicho esto, la analogía de la panadería fue espléndida de todos modos. :): thup:

You are confusing efficiency with gameplay, so it is difficult for us to agree.

And another time I will repeat it, if all the software have errors but windows 10 was created to develop over the years. FM21 is only going to be one year old, of which we have been around for almost 4 months and it has countless bugs

How do I have to feel (after what happened last year) when I confided once more with Sigames and the same story repeats itself? I think this is the point

One comes to the conclusion that this is no accident and that this is his work guide. And I sincerely hope that it is not so. Time will tell

Edited by Costanino Hummels

SI and CM/FM has always had bugs. It’s a hugely complex game, that for the most part works brilliantly!

You get used to them. Dare I say it, it is part of the titles charm. 

Very occasionally, personally, there is a bug that annoys me. But most of the time the bugs make me chuckle. I find myself laughing and saying “you guys!”.

Because for the vast majority of the time I’m saying to myself “oh that’s really cool!”.

Like last night, for the first time ever, I saw on my manager page, in my media handling, “likes to make a dramatic exit”.

Brilliant.

53 minutes ago, Federico said:

Replying the bolded.

Oh believe me, they get many strong comments, especially here in the GD forum :lol: Fair and genuine? Few of them are. Sometimes people just need to vent. I have a "Bud-Spencer-punch-proof" keyboard for that :lol:

Maybe you forgot EA released FIFA Manager years ago, and it was dismissed. Sooo... here we are :)

FIFA manager was a toe in the water. It wasn’t genuine competition. 
venting is good in lockdown 😂. Fair and genuine, more than a few. I’m sure SI take them seriously as they should.

31 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

SI y CM / FM siempre han tenido errores. Es un juego tremendamente complejo, que en su mayor parte funciona de manera brillante.

Te acostumbras a ellos. Me atrevo a decirlo, es parte del encanto de los títulos. 

Muy de vez en cuando, personalmente, hay un error que me molesta. Pero la mayoría de las veces los bichos me hacen reír. Me encuentro riendo y diciendo “¡chicos!”.

Porque la gran mayoría de las veces me digo a mí mismo "¡Oh, eso es realmente genial!".

Como anoche, por primera vez, vi en mi página de gerente, en mi manejo de medios, “le gusta hacer una salida dramática”.

Brillante.

<< bugs are part of the charm of the product >> I keep this historical sentence 

Edited by Costanino Hummels

3 ore fa, zyfon5 ha scritto:

LOL. Just look at how many players names are mentioned here. And I play on minimal detail level btw. Sure in FM you do not have youtube and recommendation algorithms but I do not see how different is this social media and websites thing different to real life.

20210213182943_1.jpg

20210213183030_1.jpg

20210213183102_1.jpg

20210213183150_1.jpg

20210213183203_1.jpg

20210213183233_1.jpg

I don't know if you really read what i write, but clearly you don't undestand anything. 

Take your second images and tell me if you can said who from the name we see Is a Legend, who a superstar, who a normal player with a great game. 

In the third: Tagliaferri. You can tell me ( without look ah his profilo reputation) if Is a world class player or merely bench player with a good effort?

In the fourth: we have post by supporters. The same you can get in a second hungarian division level. That not make a second division hungarian player a worldclass superstar.

And so on...

10 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I don't know if you really read what i write, but clearly you don't undestand anything. 

Take your second images and tell me if you can said who from the name we see Is a Legend, who a superstar, who a normal player with a great game. 

In the third: Tagliaferri. You can tell me ( without look ah his profilo reputation) if Is a world class player or merely bench player with a good effort?

In the fourth: we have post by supporters. The same you can get in a second hungarian division level. That not make a second division hungarian player a worldclass superstar.

And so on...

Well I know that one of the regens in the images below is a world class player because he is in my shortlist. Just like that I know Messi and Ronaldo are superstars because I paid attention to them for as long as I have watched football.

3 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

In FM is very very very rare that the news' title have a players name written. 

well well well I have proven you wrong. I will let others judge you by your words. It is clear who has lied here. And I am not interested arguing with someone that denies things that he himself written.

Edited by zyfon5

Played just two games with my new team Southampton; lost away v Spurs (1-3) and home v Chelsea (0-1 I battered them).

After the game the round up says I'm unwilling to change my tactics?!  After two games.  I'd even won every friendly and used three different tactics.

10 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

The morale system is so buggered in this game. So many unrealistic runs of wins then runs of losses all decided by one win. Not seen a single team have a period of form like WLWDWL it's always LWWWWW or WLLLL

My current run of games.

image.png.f457199ee5864794e7795a6cd8cdd47f.png

There is many ways of making sure the morale is kept up after a loss, but not doing anything could sure lead to a losing streak!

Just on a side note also: 

Suddenly my game has stopped remembering my skinning preferences. It's with the default skin, however the widgets in game I have to keep changing to my selected ones each game. And my layout on my home page in terms of finances, player stats, board confidence etc keep resetting everytime I click off them. Any suggestions as to why this has suddenly started happening and how to fix?

My team from D5 Oberliga already in Bundesliga (12th season). One of the most enjoyable saves from all FM for me :) 

Two negative points:

1. Reputation is growing slow in some moments. When I played in 2Bundesliga it was a feeling that I'm still semi-pro club
  2. I had a stadium for 12k places. We need new one for 15k at least. Board builded stadium for 16k (32k as possible capacity), but after few seasons this stadium is really small :( 
    It was more logic to rent a stadium in another town for a few years, not just at one. And build new stadium bigger and later. But I realize this is a difficult to explain to programming code

Edited by Novem9

I've been taking my usual 'winter break' from FM, but lately I started to feel the hunger for this game again. However, reading through the last few pages of this thread... I don't know man, maybe I should wait a bit longer for the patch before coming back. From what I gathered, there are problems with long term save such as newgens not working correctly, players dissapearing, stats being buggy and possibly other small things. 

Now, I'd like to ask if those issues are really serious and have a direct impact on saves. I'm not asking about current state of ME, just if the technical issues are serious enough to make starting a new, long-term save pointless right now. I'd be thankfull for any answers. 

32 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

I've been taking my usual 'winter break' from FM, but lately I started to feel the hunger for this game again. However, reading through the last few pages of this thread... I don't know man, maybe I should wait a bit longer for the patch before coming back. From what I gathered, there are problems with long term save such as newgens not working correctly, players dissapearing, stats being buggy and possibly other small things. 

Now, I'd like to ask if those issues are really serious and have a direct impact on saves. I'm not asking about current state of ME, just if the technical issues are serious enough to make starting a new, long-term save pointless right now. I'd be thankfull for any answers. 

I'm playing a long term save and for me the game works fine. The newgens are not an issue, at least for me, after the fix around Christmas. There are still some reports, but it seems to be much better now. Players disappearing, I haven't heard of, but I haven't noticed anything similar in my saves. The stats have been missing since the release of the game, so if it didn't bother you around release, it probably won't bother you now either. It's mostly down to some stats not being recorded correct, and mostly key tackles as far as I can tell.

The ME is always a topic for discussion where everyone have their own thoughts. I've played a long term save for a long while now, and I haven't had any big issues that ruins it for me. I've clocked in 1,121 hours of FM21 so far, and I'm still enjoying it and have since release. Still, you'll most likely get all answers on the spectrum here, from "everything is perfect" to "the game is unplayable",  so take all answers (my included) with a grain of salt. Enjoyment is very individual and some things that doesn't bother me might really bug you for all we know.

5 hours ago, Iwabik said:

I would wait a 2 or 3 weeks more when the bigger patch is coming out. Its gonna probably have a lot more bug fixes, but I wouldnt bet everything will be fixed. If you have not played until today, you can survive to next patch :)

This is pretty unbelievable, people here keep talking about "I'm waiting for SI to fix Key tackles stats problems in next patch"

When SI themselves in that very same thread people keep linking to clearly states that it's NOT a bug where the game doesnt keep stats of key tackles, SI simply defines Key Tackles as a tackle that's stopping a clear cut chance (xG more than 0,3) Which means there will be very few.

A good choice by SI? Not in my opinion.
A bug that's "broken" the game? Something to expect being changed for a winter transfers update? Get real...

Is the recording of highlights ever likely to be fixed in FM21? If I record a highlight I just get a popup that says the highlight will be available after the match has ended.

There is no sign of where that highlight will be and I never see any further popups to signify that the recording worked. I have checked my Sports Interactive folder and there are no highights in uploads (where they were in FM20).

This has been bugged. It has also been discussed.

It amazes me how many small things have been broken in development of FM21. Whilst the match engine is great, many other areas of FM have taken a step way backwards in FM21. I'll give SI a break because of covid but hopefully the game is put back in to the state it was in with FM20 for FM22.

Fingers crossed for FM22 having a perfect UI (UIs are a very under appreciated mechanic in any game - a poor UI can ruin an otherwise good game - point of fact that FM21s poor UI damages the excellent match engine - where as a great UI can vastly improve a game that struggles in other areas).

EDIT - I played around with the recording feature and discovered the 'share' button. It seems I can use this to get videos exported. Not clear though.

Maybe I was premature with my latest grumble. Maybe I missed a patch because I haven't played in a while. Still no notification of past discussions with players.

Edited by anagain

3 hours ago, Showerman said:

had the perfect B team manager

won la liga 2 previous season

was 5th in the league

played the sameway as me

BOARD SACKED HIM

WHY!?!!??!?!

image.png.31619c5c5c68b304d7313d92427905ce.png

find similar staff

can never get a B team manager like Bilbourn again

Report it in the bugs section and upload a savefile from before he was sacked

1 hour ago, robinthebest said:

What happened to the match engine to cause so much corners?

Basically almost every game has more than 25 corners

Are you playing matches on key highlights only? Put it on comprehensive and it will become clear: blocked crosses on the touchline

I finally decided it was time to get FM21 on a rebate, as i read it has some nice improvements (saving time i.e.) and i got bored over Cyberpunk (i dont play games i have played through ever again when they are single story based) and Civ VI never hooked me like he others bcs i hate the bland map and the art style (CIV V has the best map and art style of all Civs with Civ 4 the better game if they only had a good solution for boring doomstacking).

So, as digital good i had no trouble buying FM21 and the only way i play FM is to start in the lowest possible league and make the march throug the leagues to the top which i looked first if the league mods were avvailable.

B4 i even started i installed 9 Mod including league, realism, finances etc. and handed out some donations for the modders plus i bought the game editor as CaC is no longer compatible with league mods and i want to edit my kit and colours plus club relations.

CRITIQUE: it is still not possible to change the club heraldry to one of the other basic signs).

Then i started the game up and set the preferences which is still a hassle bcs it needs 3 to 4 times a workthrough as it does not save all changes made or even saves wrong settings like Text&Image Sizes that i want to be at 125% and it saves 85% instead.

Also the Matchspeed is never apllied right into a fresh game were i need to adjust them again in the preferences as the Matchspeed settings for Text Highlights and Between Highlights are not apllied right (to fast).

CRITIQUE: the Preferences are highly unreliable to save and still have bugs from FM2016 when i started to play FM again.

Shockingly i found SI had removed all but the Standard Skin who makes my eyes weird after a short while but thank god i found a Light Skin in the Workshop - thx Michaelmurrayuk.

CRITIQUE: No standard light skin anymore.

Aside of that starting the game was very much FM20 and i had no further troubles.

CRITIQUE: Manager creation is way improved and the result looks better aka more natural plus it seems now reliable to use without borking things randomly.

I played a full season by now in my lowest possible german league and did for the first time ever not promote - came in second - bcs for one i had 1 imposible team in my league and i was unable to hire scouts plus the scouting software pack did not show me the needed data to make informed decisions and the few exeptional players i identified usually did not want to join my team.

Critique: I do not know what is standard game difficulty and what was added by mods but i like it more challenging.

The Team started playing pretty bad in the first games but with a little tactical epxerimentation and as the team did grow together the more matches it played it became more successful.

I feel the ME is improved in quite some ways like variety of attacks, midfield through center play, player vision, even the back 3 defense looks better from the few matches i tested it albiet still to passive in offense play (maybe you should rewrite the Libero to a Matthias Sammer like attacking behavior).

Yeah i dont care if something is en vogue - i only care if something works well...

Defensvie wise there are quite some situations where i want to reap my hair out when it comes to situational awareness vs ingoring the opponent while jogging to a players initial field position (like a WB is defending the center and while the opoonent attacks decides to ignore the attack and run away from ball and oponent players toward his WB position only to recognize the danger when the ball is at the same hight as he and then starting a forlorn chase while probably even hindering others of my defenders to defend as they fight over the task.

My Sweeper Keeper seems to be better and more active in the ME in a good way and obviously has a wider variety of saving animations that add very nicely.

Defenders make visually great tackling challenges and saves.

Spectacular passing/ballplay combinations between players seem more common.

Spectacular Goals are quite plenty.

Crititque: I feel so far the ME is much nicer than the last one with more variety and better ballplay and teamplay but some weird defensive behavior is still out awaiting fixes.

My FM20 Tactic needed exactly 1 change to work in FM21 which i like bcs my tactic is a result of my football philosophy and not a result of maximizing ME exploits.

I cant say anything about set pieces as i never change them - i had decided back in FM13 i would never edit them as they looked so very esploitable and stood to my decision thus far and to this date.

So far i had quite some fun, some nailbiting games, some spectacle, hope it will move on that way...

And special thanks to SI for fixing my Keepers Socks Kit problem - they really wear them right this time so far! :)

PS: I still feel there is to many rainy matchdays in summertime !!!

Edited by Etebaer

On 13/02/2021 at 10:17, steam just is said:

Haha - good line about zero profits! They can still charge us for a data update....it’s not like they haven’t done it before 😳 

They literally haven't, outside of the usual hyperbole people like to trot out.  And you can't just shrug off the point.  FM is already priced cheaper than most titles are.  How much could they realistically charge for a data update?  It'd be a fraction of the full price, for a product that you can get for free through people working on unofficial updates.  Even if that wasn't available, I can personally say I'd have no interest in paying just for an update. Not that I'm saying everyone would think the same, but I feel comfortable in saying a fair amount would.  

On 13/02/2021 at 10:17, steam just is said:

sounds like you go on the fifa forums moaning like I do on here. Have to say the gameplay feels better on fifa this year. And don’t even compare the graphics, it’s not fair on SI. I don’t want FM to be FIFA btw. It was just by way of comparison. FIFA has leapt forward ( and destroyed the competition) in much the same way as FM leapt forward 10 years ago and destroyed CM). No coincidence that stagnation comes with monopolisation. I’m sure FIFA will suffer from that soon too.

No, I don't.  While this might seem controversial, I just...stopped playing it.  I spent a lot of time with it, but EA's entire approach has led to it being an utterly tedious and unenjoyable experience.  So I stopped playing it.  It absolutely has stagnated, with EA showing less and less imagination, chasing the profits with as little effort as possible.  Which is absolutely fine, it's absolutely incredible work if you can get it.  But to say it's "leapt" forward, I honestly cannot imagine a single way it has in a long, long time.  The additions SI have made to FM at least have effort behind them, even if people don't always agree with the content.  This year, the main changes EA have made have had a degree of cynicism behing them, making absolutely zero attempt to disguise their priorities.  That's why it was a terrible comparison. I'm not exactly "defending the game".  I don't really care for that, I enjoy it now, and don't particularly care if someone else does or doesn't.  It was purely going on the comparison to FIFA.

On 13/02/2021 at 10:21, steam just is said:

What’s their roadmap!

Ask them.  They won't tell you, but they're welcome to try.  They'll have things planned out to varying degrees of detail for the next few editions.  They'll pepper in certain suggestions or elements of them that they like the look of, but they already have a good idea what FM23 will likely look like.

Edited by forameuss

16 hours ago, zindrinho said:

This is pretty unbelievable, people here keep talking about "I'm waiting for SI to fix Key tackles stats problems in next patch"

When SI themselves in that very same thread people keep linking to clearly states that it's NOT a bug where the game doesnt keep stats of key tackles, SI simply defines Key Tackles as a tackle that's stopping a clear cut chance (xG more than 0,3) Which means there will be very few.

A good choice by SI? Not in my opinion.
A bug that's "broken" the game? Something to expect being changed for a winter transfers update? Get real...

So you are telling me that, with all the teams in the Premier League into account, having 0 key tackles in the whole season, and the following and the following and the following and (insert here as many "and the followings as u want", and the all the leagues in the world registering also 0 is not a bug?

I think you should get real man. Or at least check your facts before commenting.

Edited by Sharkn20

13 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

So you are telling me that, with all the teams in the Premier League into account, having 0 key tackles in the whole season, and the following and the following and the following and (insert here as many "and the followings as u want" is not a bug?

Get real man.

This was posted by SI:

Key Tackles not being tracked - All stats were redefined this year, and key tackles was one of them. It is now defined as a tackle that directly prevents a clear-cut chance opportunity (with an xG of over 0.3), which is very rare. We're looking at ways to make this a bit more lenient but it is being tracked, it's just very rare!

Not sure what very rare means percentage-wise but it seems like the numbers will be on the low side.

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

This was posted by SI:

Not sure what very rare means percentage-wise but it seems like the numbers will be very low.

And that probably is right as they are saying it, however am yet to see a key tackle on my save, but to be fair am not even looking for them anymore.

There are plenty posts and reports about this so am not going to clog the feedback thread about it.

Thanks for the link, it was very informative reading it.

Edited by Sharkn20

There is an annoyance with FM21 that has bugged me for a while and today is really aggravating me. It's not endemic to just FM21 though and has to do with the UI.

Why is it that clicks on headers don't always register?

I am referring to menus such as the one below which is on a player page. It is notoriously easy to click on, say, attributes and for it not to register. I often find I need to click slightly below the word 'attributes' for my click to register, but not always. 

FM21_clickingonmenus.png.cf3a26bec3b932c6b6789d2678de57c9.png

Needless to say it is finicky and far from ideal.

Then there is the really annoying occurance of trying to click on one of these menus only for the game to misread my click and take me to another screen. I doin't know how this happens but it will be the case that I am trying to view a player's contract, for example, but when I click contract I find myself on my squad screen or the club's Info window.

This particular bugbear is probably most noticeable when viewing the menus of another side. For example I am on the main window for Dudelange and want to view their first team squad. As in the screen below, I open players > senior squad. Annoyingly though (and connected to the misclick issue above) sometimes I will not click senior squad but BGL Ligue (underneath the pop up) and find myself on the main window for the BGL Ligue. It happens more often than you'd think.

FM21_missclicks.png.9e94728684084b7c86b75c3973139091.png

And before anyone claims that I am just old and blind. I am trying to click on senior squad but the click registers behind the pop up somehow. But I am old and half blind!! :kriss: I'll accept that.

I have a love affair with Football Manager, that has lasted since a friend introduced me to this game series in 1999 (okay, I hate it when people moan and bring up how long they have played this series for, but it's relevant :D), and it is not with glee that I keep bringing up the game's UI. Along with the losses to UI mechanics that have been about for a while in FM21, we also have to put up with mouse inputs being mis-registered like I have pointed out.

These two issues happen to me so often that I can't for one minute think they don't happen to others or that they have not been spotted by testers and developers.

Does it do me any good to think of bugging the issues? I know SI have had a tough year, with covid, but I have bugged things that don't seem to have been rectified. This is such a long term issue, and one that I can't imagine is just me that surely it should be known.

I don't have mouse issues in any other game. It's not my mouse. It's not my resolution. I use a skin but it is a simple one that just darkens the game and is in a sticky thread in the skins section of this forum. Besides, I have had these issues with the base skin.

Please, SI, employ a dedicated team of UI designers. I thought I read that you had employed a UI expert but I can't think where I saw that.

I've said it many times in this one thread. A User Interface is not a part of the game to treat lightly. In FM it is probably even more important than in many games.

Please! Do this for your game. Show the UI some love!

There is so much to love about FM. The match engine this year is great. I actually liked it last year but this year it is above and beyond. That was quite a coup for a year with covid. Make FM22 the year of the UI!

I will say I'm not talking about the much chattered about changes to the match window that we got this year. I'm talking about the issues above, losses like player discussion histories and the very evident problems with team talks in FM21. There is also issues that I have bugged before with lists that don't remember scrolling positions or things such as available polayers for reserves being crammed in to windows and being finicky beyond belief sometimes.

I know you are very capable, SI. Make it happen.

Edited by anagain

@XaW I am sure it has been something that has happened in previous versions. I certainly remember it happening in FM20. I played a lot less FM19 and my emmory rarely goes that far back in huge details anyway.

Sadly, it doesn't hide from the fact that the UI needs work. I say that with only respect for SI. I know they work hard and that FM is a big game.

Thanks for the reply though. If you know of any sort of fix I would certainly be interested in trying it.

After Aston Villa won L'pool I'm ready for all results and this is 2033 year, but...

image.png.e579162063de0249cc76074009c5d7ab.png

image.png.5bf7d415daa3f64af7389f0c69e8194c.png

image.png.89c2740967a820b630df7b5608ec9823.png 

image.png.c1ae86c0eca18d3c99fe9f7993741fe3.png

image.png.9c1d7bd017a24767102516c3aa25a41f.png

image.png.e77d616065cd742b986a3d2b8b4c7e63.png

image.png.b6a2e498302e978ab409a99377ee5618.png

image.png.ce32f61322f0c24f3eef56605d93b0f1.png

image.png.4ccdd051e7a8834f32befb40af13f94d.png

image.png.375f9c308df7411a272d4ed30fa387be.png

Very very many big scores. And I didn't share a lot of 4-0, 5-1 and even 7-1 where best team is stronger. And all of them just for one season 2032/33 :eek:

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

@XaW I am sure it has been something that has happened in previous versions. I certainly remember it happening in FM20. I played a lot less FM19 and my emmory rarely goes that far back in huge details anyway.

Sadly, it doesn't hide from the fact that the UI needs work. I say that with only respect for SI. I know they work hard and that FM is a big game.

Thanks for the reply though. If you know of any sort of fix I would certainly be interested in trying it.

They changed the UI this time around, so I'm quite certain a UI expert has been part of it. Though UI is not something that suits everyone (as I know too well in some other software), so I do think SI have an idea of how they want the UI to be and it's going in that direction. I'm talking about things like the removal of fitness percentage and the match UI changes this time, and such things. So while they may not be as everyone wants, I doubt they are just throwing things together as they happen. Each to their own for liking UI changes, and while I don't mind much the UI of FM21 (once I got used to it), I can understand why someone wouldn't. I've had the same experience with other games or programs. At least there's the user made skins to help out with things if there are some things that really bothers you.

As for your issue, I can't really find the thread I think I saw about something similar a few months ago. Other than the normal clear cache and such. You could try that anyway. I also saw while searching that others have had things become better by playing in windowed. You could try that and see if the issue is gone then, at least you know it's got something to do with full screen resolution and you can try things from there? Didn't mean to get your hopes up and not come through, but I just can't remember where I saw it... If it really bugs you, you could always report it as a bug in the bugs sections though, as I'm sure SI have more control over these things than me.

35 minutes ago, XaW said:

They changed the UI this time around, so I'm quite certain a UI expert has been part of it. Though UI is not something that suits everyone (as I know too well in some other software), so I do think SI have an idea of how they want the UI to be and it's going in that direction. I'm talking about things like the removal of fitness percentage and the match UI changes this time, and such things. So while they may not be as everyone wants, I doubt they are just throwing things together as they happen. Each to their own for liking UI changes, and while I don't mind much the UI of FM21 (once I got used to it), I can understand why someone wouldn't. I've had the same experience with other games or programs. At least there's the user made skins to help out with things if there are some things that really bothers you.

As for your issue, I can't really find the thread I think I saw about something similar a few months ago. Other than the normal clear cache and such. You could try that anyway. I also saw while searching that others have had things become better by playing in windowed. You could try that and see if the issue is gone then, at least you know it's got something to do with full screen resolution and you can try things from there? Didn't mean to get your hopes up and not come through, but I just can't remember where I saw it... If it really bugs you, you could always report it as a bug in the bugs sections though, as I'm sure SI have more control over these things than me.

Yeah, I have no issues with changes to things like fitness or the match UI changes. It's the more backend UI issues that I think the missclicks falls under, but issues such as removal of discussion history are big for me. I'm not opposed to change, and the act of making improvements to the flow of the UI. I just want it to be technically adept.

I'm probably a bit melodramatic so it's not something I feel the need to fix by going to windowed, and I don't think it's a cache issue. It's worth a try though.

I am pretty sure the mouse interacting with text behind a pop up window is definitely not the cache. That's a broken UI.

Things like the scroll bars not remebering their position has been an issue for more than one FM too. I am believe I have bugged this before. I am sure I bugged it this year.

Again, I appreciate SI work damn hard. I just believe the UI is something they need to pay more attention to the technical side of.

Perhaps it is less an issue with the design of the UI and something that is in the backend of the game. I'm not a technical expert but I do know that an MMO I follow closely had to rebuild their backend entirely to avoid issues later on down the road.

Maybe I should bug all this so I know it's logged. I've had great communication with members of SI's testing team before so I know they work hard to fix issues.

2 minutes ago, anagain said:

Yeah, I have no issues with changes to things like fitness or the match UI changes. It's the more backend UI issues that I think the missclicks falls under, but issues such as removal of discussion history are big for me. I'm not opposed to change, and the act of making improvements to the flow of the UI. I just want it to be technically adept.

I'm probably a bit melodramatic so it's not something I feel the need to fix by going to windowed, and I don't think it's a cache issue. It's worth a try though.

I am pretty sure the mouse interacting with text behind a pop up window is definitely not the cache. That's a broken UI.

Things like the scroll bars not remebering their position has been an issue for more than one FM too. I am believe I have bugged this before. I am sure I bugged it this year.

Again, I appreciate SI work damn hard. I just believe the UI is something they need to pay more attention to the technical side of.

Perhaps it is less an issue with the design of the UI and something that is in the backend of the game. I'm not a technical expert but I do know that an MMO I follow closely had to rebuild their backend entirely to avoid issues later on down the road.

Maybe I should bug all this so I know it's logged. I've had great communication with members of SI's testing team before so I know they work hard to fix issues.

Yeah, I have no problems understand issues with the UI are annoying.

You could try the basics, just to be certain, it doesn't take much time and at worst you are exactly where you are know, just confident it's not that simple.

If you still face issues, I'd say post them. Perhaps they require a bit rewrite, and could be there for a while yet, but at least it's on their radar if it's not already.

5 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

I think you should get real man. Or at least check your facts before commenting.

5 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Thanks for the link, it was very informative reading it.

Now maybe you see my frustration with people like you just repeating what you've heard others complain about and not even having read the thread in discussion..

I just needed to vent, people can be so damn frustrating sometimes, there's page upon page with people just reacting but still refusing to read what SI answers.