★ 30,000 Posts Prize Party ★

Weezer

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Oh ffs @SouthCoastRedI donated to the hospice too but can you ask them to refund it to me so I can do it again?

I put a message on it thinking it'll be a message board sort of thing for everyone to see but can't find it anywhere. 

Was a good one too :(

Only you :D

4 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Basically just wrote that the hospice better not be another Bisto and followed it up with a ha, jokes on them because that was my last £20! 

:D:D I doubt they will offer refunds (bit like Bisto tbf) 

Just thrown a donation in in memory of Mrs @SouthCoastRed Hospices do a fantastic job for so many people involved.

Also totally agree with @Weezer this place is fantastic, it's one of my must visit pieces, it's changed a lot over the years but it's still a really solid community here, especially when people need some support!

5 minutes ago, Muzzza said:

Also totally agree with @Weezer this place is fantastic, it's one of my must visit pieces, it's changed a lot over the years but it's still a really solid community here, especially when people need some support!

That’s another thing I forgot to put in my OP. Even though it’s not something I’ve needed for myself (yet!), it’s great to see that people see this is a safe place to air their personal issues no matter how big or small, and other users will offer support, encouragement or even simply an acknowledgment that they empathise. No belittling or jokes, when it’s required this place more often than not comes through. Which I guess shows some good progress because I’m pretty sure when I first started here nobody would dare post about deeply personal issues like they do here now and if they did there would definitely be at least a few inappropriate smart arse comments and puns.

It's a good sized forum, big enough to have enough posts and small enough you still get to know users a bit, and everyone is nerdy enough to have ended up playing FM, but also generally likes football which keeps the overlap with the more... socially inept weird obsessives side of the internet down. Aye, it's a great place, lad. 

I've been in and out of these forums for the best part of a decade, more of a lurker than a poster really but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments above that this place is ace, OTF especially. 

Congrats on the milestone, Weezer :thup:

22 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I’ve spoken to Oakhaven and although they think you are all barking bonkers

I was hoping there was a load of confused hospice nurses somewhere trying to work out who has been in recently with the initials SCR :confused:

3 hours ago, SouthCoastRed said:

The fundraising team have been working from home since last March, but that pretty well was the case opening emails this morning apparently :D

You mean you’re not actually called Mr SouthCoastRed?! 

Draws will be done tomorrow evening, this is the list of names I have so far, let me know if you don't wish to be considered or if I've missed you out...

Confused Clarity
DeafParrot
Harryseaess
Dave Vessey
Pukey
decapitated
Bliss Seeker
PaulHartman71
MavReck
bestbrother
G-Man11
Haguey
Jorg
PMLF
The Guy From The Sunny Place
SouthCoastRed
sebsy
Sons FC
ginnybob
Gizzy
Big Geordie
Carmi88
Citizen Kane
Jason the Yank
mark1985
Carambau
aggressive minor
titchuk
Rebs
darren1983
Ackter
Rafalution
profii
SuperOwl86
Muzzza
Gazza D
Semi Skilled Milk
Gizmo7
ham_aka_stam
the_jagster
Bootador
Neil Brock
gechal

Decided to go with 2 prizes of £15 so as not to dilute the already meagre prize fund too much, £10 doesn't get you much these days :D 

30 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Draws will be done tomorrow evening, this is the list of names I have so far, let me know if you don't wish to be considered or if I've missed you out...

Confused Clarity
DeafParrot
Harryseaess
Dave Vessey
Pukey
decapitated
Bliss Seeker
PaulHartman71
MavReck
bestbrother
G-Man11
Haguey
Jorg
PMLF
SouthCoastRed
sebsy
Sons FC
ginnybob
Gizzy
Big Geordie
Carmi88
Citizen Kane
Jason the Yank
mark1985
Carambau
aggressive minor
titchuk
Rebs
darren1983
Ackter
Rafalution
profii
SuperOwl86
Muzzza
Gazza D
Semi Skilled Milk
Gizmo7
ham_aka_stam
the_jagster
Bootador
Neil Brock
gechal

Decided to go with 2 prizes of £15 so as not to dilute the already meagre prize fund too much, £10 doesn't get you much these days :D 

Pop in me there.

Donate it to the hospice if I win, and I'll match it. Already donated, but wins must be celebrated. Not sure I need to explain that to a Wednesday fan.

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

Confused Clarity
DeafParrot
Harryseaess
Dave Vessey
Pukey
decapitated
Bliss Seeker
PaulHartman71
MavReck
bestbrother
G-Man11
Haguey
Jorg
PMLF
SouthCoastRed
sebsy
Sons FC
ginnybob
Gizzy
Big Geordie
Carmi88
Citizen Kane
Jason the Yank
mark1985
Carambau
aggressive minor
titchuk
Rebs
darren1983
Ackter
Rafalution
profii
SuperOwl86
Muzzza
Gazza D
Semi Skilled Milk
Gizmo7
ham_aka_stam
the_jagster
Bootador
Neil Brock
gechal

As I said earlier, if my name gets pulled out, donate it straight to the hospice. I have no need for the vouchers and the hospice needs it much more than I do. Plus they do more good in a single day than I will manage in a lifetime.

7 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

Pretty sure the only dick move would be keeping the money. :D

3 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

You horrible human being :mad:. You should be ashamed of of yourself! 

*obligatory safety wink*

Haha, just meant in terms of everyone else saying donate to the hospice (which is great) and then me coming along and going "donate to this one instead" :D