★ 30,000 Posts Prize Party ★

Weezer

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

If either of you win the vouchers. I can just imagine the Monday meeting. So. In donations we received £800, a copy of FM2009, a copy of that free FM 00/01 that a newspaper gave away 20 years ago and whatever the hell this is from some fella who goes by the name ‘bliss.’

Some old codger all excited to fire up FM 09, and take Werthers Wanderers to Champion's League glory, only to find it is already linked to another Steam account.

13 hours ago, johnhughthom said:

I wasn't being serious, I know as well as anyone that £15 at the right time can seem like a fortune. I wouldn't judge anyone for taking it.

What a pity the forum doesn't have a system to let people know you're joking when posting, like a little colourful face to show the emotion you intended in the post. ;)

I know I know, I just didn't want anyone to feel they had to. I wasn't digging at you as much as clarifying for anyone reading that it was a joke.

Sarcky pants.

Top stuff from the winners and 2 great causes. And well done Weezer for starting this thread. OTF reward yourselves with your beverage of choice whether it be beer, wine, whisky, vodka or a nice mug of hot cocoa and a sit down if you're SCR because you wonderful people have earnt it. 

Wasn't really expecting much when I started this thread, other than a post count reset. Genuinely did just want to give a little something back to a community that has been a relatively big part of my life for so long but thanks to @SouthCoastRed it's surpassed all expectations and everybody's generosity has been remarkable.

Well done OTF

tenor.gif

I'm not a regular in OTF and I'm afraid that even a thread like this probably isn't going to change that but......

Perhaps some of you regulars would consider creating a "Charity" thread and once a [insert time period here] people could submit Charities of their choice and then a vote be run on whichever charity the thread want to support over the next [insert time period here].

Me and my £15.8? whatever it was isn't really big enough to make a difference to any charity, no matter how worthwhile and in need of support it is, but as a group who could band together as we did here, the "power" we have to support a charity really is significant. 

I know that SI already do their own charity stuff, (and that's brilliant), but perhaps we could do more as a group? Giving to charity is something that I'm sure many of us do anyway. Pooling our resources together doesn't mean that we give more, (or less), it just means that we have the potential to make a bigger impact on the chosen charity at that time. 

Like I said, I'm not a regular in here so I'm not in a position to carry this forward, but if any of you who are, think this is a decent idea, perhaps it's something you might look at?

Good luck and well done to all who donated, (no matter how small and to where). :applause:

20 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm not a regular in OTF and I'm afraid that even a thread like this probably isn't going to change that but......

Perhaps some of you regulars would consider creating a "Charity" thread and once a [insert time period here] people could submit Charities of their choice and then a vote be run on whichever charity the thread want to support over the next [insert time period here].

Me and my £15.8? whatever it was isn't really big enough to make a difference to any charity, no matter how worthwhile and in need of support it is, but as a group who could band together as we did here, the "power" we have to support a charity really is significant. 

I know that SI already do their own charity stuff, (and that's brilliant), but perhaps we could do more as a group? Giving to charity is something that I'm sure many of us do anyway. Pooling our resources together doesn't mean that we give more, (or less), it just means that we have the potential to make a bigger impact on the chosen charity at that time. 

Like I said, I'm not a regular in here so I'm not in a position to carry this forward, but if any of you who are, think this is a decent idea, perhaps it's something you might look at?

Good luck and well done to all who donated, (no matter how small and to where). :applause:

Thought vaguely about similar earlier actually, would be nice if every so often people grouped together and donated to good causes as in this thread. 

@SouthCoastRedCould you inform your friends at Oakhaven that we are not some backwater, third rate part of the UK in Northern Ireland. We have counties! That's twice now I've been searching up and down for County Down, only to find they've lumped us in with those other, peasant, counties as one combined Northern Ireland.

8 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I look forward to the piece in the local press if they pick this up, perfect for Look South or whatever they call the local BBC news down there :D 

If you 'look South' from Sunny Scummy Soton on the Solent you only see the IOW so you're basically looking back in time

It's amazing how generosity can be so infectious, and addictive. I'd give more if I could but I've reached my limit for this week but well done to everybody that contributed.

I'd say it's restored a bit of my faith in humanity but I already knew we had a good bunch here.

• 4 months later...