Wales v Belgium | Quarter Final | BBC1 20.00

mrbpme

Portugal are actually better than Belgium. They've stabilized in the last two games and they look solid.

Their football is ugly, but it works.

Unlike Belgium, who had 3 clowns in the defense today.

And completely incompetent coach who has tactical knowledge of average FM player posting in this topic right now.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D I'm kidding ffs. Absolutely ****ing brilliant. So pleased for Wales. Got tonnes of Welsh mates and none of them thought they'd ever see that. Love it. So pleased, nearly in tears.

Sorry maybe I'm a bit over sensitive, just so chuffed for Wales.

Pretty sure it's you guys that are hurting more than me, I can enjoy this for Wales.

You think the English are hurting because Wales won get a grip people up and down the country cheering for Wales. Oh and its quite clear who the sensitive hurting one is, its evident in pretty much every post you make.

You think the English are hurting because Wales won get a grip people up and down the country cheering for Wales. Oh and its quite clear who the sensitive hurting one is, its evident in pretty much every post you make.

Indeed it is well known how much I hate England when it comes to football, I did already post that I am too over sensitive and apologised to the guy. ;)

We aren't far better than Belgium come on. :D We're a completely different side so hard to compare but hardly on another level, we haven't put in a convincing performance in 5 games ffs, and none of them were even vs a recognized top side.

Wales have got a serious chance. Still think we're right to be favourites on paper but it can go either way.

Sick of people on my timeline going PASSION and GRIT etc, as if these Welsh lads only win because they try harder.

Bollocks - they do try harder, and they do show passion - but they're talented as heck. Let's not pretend they're just plucky underdogs. They deserve this for more than just passion.

Underrating of Portugal is weird. They were fine in their group matches, just didn't score their easy chances.

No we weren't. :D Any "chances" seemed to come at random from thin air rather than any coherent game plan. Actually that's much like Belgium, the difference is we can almost pretend we can defend when we set out to do it. Belgium's defence was just lolz.

Underrating of Portugal is weird. They were fine in their group matches, just didn't score their easy chances.

Croatia they weren't great, but were hardly in danger until the last 10 mins.

No Ramsey is also a big factor

Davies will be missing as well right? Ronaldo and Nani could have some fun on the break if Wales try and play on the the front foot I reckon.

I include myself in this, but I'm still surprised that we're all surprised that Wales are where they are after what we've witnessed with Leicester, Iceland, Atletico Madrid (to a lesser extent) and Wales themselves. Seems you no longer need a team of superstars, just a team that's willing to work hard for one another.

Croatia they weren't great, but were hardly in danger until the last 10 mins.

No Ramsey is also a big factor

Portugal have been vastly underrated in the european championship. They might not be any top team, and aren't even playing that well, but not that bad as people make it.

I've seen loads of persons saying that Croatia would smash us, Poland would smash, now that Wales will smash. C'mon.

Belgium is not as good as people make it, nor Portugal is as bad. I think they are pretty similar, and if Hazard or Ronaldo are on their good days, they could easily destroy eachothers defenses.

kvA73IB.png?1

Hopefully it will be an interesting match vs Wales. Portugal usually have troubles against teams with deep defensive lines. Such a shame a great player like Ramsey will miss the game. The cards rules are a joke.

And none of them would have got anywhere near the England B side...

They picked Wales and play for the badge..

They're welcome to claim Wales as their country .

Williams would be England captain.

Think people were saying that about Hazard and Lukaku and De Bruyne were they not?

True. But the way they all want to play through the middle played into Wales' hands. At least Nani might look to play a bit wider and isolate one of the DCs.

True. But the way they all want to play through the middle played into Wales' hands. At least Nani might look to play a bit wider and isolate one of the DCs.

Depends which Nani turns up. He seems to have a blinder of a game or two, then drops off the face of the earth for 3 or 4 games.

Hopefully it will be an interesting match vs Wales. Portugal usually have troubles against teams with deep defensive lines.

Not sure our Moyes-ball type of play (ie, 90% based on crosses at random) will be very effective vs a trio of CBs...

Indeed it is well known how much I hate England when it comes to football, I did already post that I am too over sensitive and apologised to the guy. ;)

Stop talking about England you tit you sound obsessed. I'm Welsh and are not given them an ounce of care. So shut it this Wales beating Belgium.

Sick of people on my timeline going PASSION and GRIT etc, as if these Welsh lads only win because they try harder.

Bollocks - they do try harder, and they do show passion - but they're talented as heck. Let's not pretend they're just plucky underdogs. They deserve this for more than just passion.

On top of the talent and the passion, they're really well drilled too. They attack together and defend together, it's great to watch. So impressed with them, I really hope they go all the way.

Not sure our Moyes-ball type of play (ie, 90% based on crosses at random) will be very effective vs a trio of CBs...

My plan of attack would be something along the lines of:

- Allow Wales the majority of the ball, but pressure Allen

- Force Ledley/King to force the play and turn them over

- Attack with Ronaldo/Nani/Renato (vs Williams/Collins/Chester) whilst Wales are still recovering their shape

Not sure if that will work, but it's better than trying to pick out Ronaldo in the air vs 3 DCs.

My plan of attack would be something along the lines of:

- Allow Wales the majority of the ball, but pressure Allen

- Force Ledley/King to force the play and turn them over

- Attack with Ronaldo/Nani/Renato (vs Williams/Collins/Chester) whilst Wales are still recovering their shape

Not sure if that will work, but it's better than trying to pick out Ronaldo in the air vs 3 DCs.

Clever. I'm going to mail Fernando Santos in just a minute, brb. :D

Unbelievable stuff from Wales. I think before the tournament the thought of Wales out performing England would have been embarrassing but I can't help but love their team spirit and achievements so far. They've been superb. Contemplating jumping on the Wales train, which was made easier by England's train not even getting out the station. Plus Belgium are hideously overrated so great to seem them get beat.

What a game!

Watched in a pub surrounded by English people and maybe one or two with tenuous Welsh links, and everyone was desperate for Wales to win. What a fairytale so far! Brilliant atmosphere in the pub and what a performance. As others have said, this isn't some pissy small-side-done-well tale. Wales are playing good football and deserve all they have achieved so far. Long may it last.

Unbelievable stuff from Wales. I think before the tournament the thought of Wales out performing England would have been embarrassing but I can't help but love their team spirit and achievements so far. They've been superb. Contemplating jumping on the Wales train, which was made easier by England's train not even getting out the station. Plus Belgium are hideously overrated so great to seem them get beat.

Get yer own train.

Can't believe Reading released Kanu.

Denayer is really struggling.

That goal in of itself could've added a cool £1m to the transfer fee if they'd played their cards right. Reading will be kicking themselves because the other scouts will be seeing these things he can do if used right, and thinking they're onto a bargain.

On top of the talent and the passion, they're really well drilled too. They attack together and defend together, it's great to watch. So impressed with them, I really hope they go all the way.

It shows how much it adds to your play when you have a system and everyone knows exactly what they're doing.

Not to mention, the lack of pressure on Wales (don't think anyone expected them to go this far and England has pretty much diverted most of the attention with their horror show) can lift a team so much when they know they won't be crucified for small mistakes or going out next round.

I still think Portugal's defence is woeful. If Wales take their chances I think they are very capable of beating Portugal without any problem.

This indeed. Especially with Ramsey missing Wales has all the right to rely fully on their counter and if Portugal needs to make the play ... well, that is not really their quality. I can definitely see Wales winning this.

Archived