Wales v Belgium | Quarter Final | BBC1 20.00

mrbpme

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1!

Now I just need the match to finish this way at the end of 90 minutes cause I bet on 1-1 on my office's betting pool. Not optimistic on that, this game is a total defensive shambles. :D

I dont have commentary on, so cant hear the names.. but the belgium 21 with long hair is a liability

Yea, he's been pretty poor in every defensive situation so far.

No way he's ever gonna play in Serie A. :D

It's Lukaku's brother.

Cheers, based on the opening 30 minutes, Wales need to keep pushing on him.

Its a decent game at least. Both teams having a pop, cant fault Wales for their endeavor here.

Completely mismatched formations give you good games. It happened with Belgium-Italy as well when Belgium also faced a 3-5-2.

Of course it helps both teams are much better going forward than defending, too.

Will Denayer get a chance at City under Pep?

I think so, he really should have got a chance last season but Mangala refused to go on loan when we bought Otamendi.

I have no idea what Belgium's midfield is supposed to be doing. Neither of Witsel or Nainggolan are doing even a decent attempt to help protect the back four. But as long as they stay like this, it's going to be entertaining for us to watch at least.

Comments so far:

2nd half could be very, very different...

Wales are playing the best we've ever played

Belgium look like they're in 3rd gear

The ref is atrocious

Wales gets 2 out of 3 cards from Belgian players diving, one was a little bit dirty

Wales' first proper foul results in a Welsh free kick :D

Wondering what Belgium have to do to get carded.

Fellaini in? We're crashing out tonight then.

It's not a bad move really, no one in midfield was covering and I would imagine that is why Fellaini has been brought on.

What is it with the kick off thing. Every game it is only 1 player who stays in the centre of the pitch to kick the ball. Is it a rule or something?

Part of the new rules, kick-off can be passed anywhere now rather than having to be hit forwards.

Archived