Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had much success with Ai clubs apparently being more interested in lower rep players who have had really good seasons ? It was listed in the features videos.

Also , Am I being dense or is the only way to get analysis up now  ( ie to see the passing maps , where shots were coming from etc) by going into tactics and selecting individual matches in there ? Didn't you used to be able to do it when you clicked on matches etc ?

Not going to lie, my save is going well and the ME seems to be in decent shape , buy my word the UI is a lesson in frustration.

The little graphical glitch at the beginning of games and 2nd half is very off putting. I'm sure it's been mentioned, but it's where when you're first brought to the pitch screen for kick off the players are bunched together and then are quickly split up and put in their normal on field positions. It definitely cheapens the experience especially before a big match, just takes me right out of the game. Hopefully that's sorted out for the full release.

need to fix the loaning to affiliates as at the mo most players decline even if your affilliate is a really good side like girona and then they go and accept a loan to a crap side in the championship!!

also not sure the transfer market is fixed. hazard to real madrid for 65 mill ? then dier to man city for 70 mill ? a bit off. also very few players attract any bids and the market just seems very stale.

the 3d annalize screen still needs some work as the shadows under the ball are out. the ball doesnt look like its going in the air you have to guess whats going on. and the ball is very hard to see 

40 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

has anyone had much success with Ai clubs apparently being more interested in lower rep players who have had really good seasons ? It was listed in the features videos.

Also , Am I being dense or is the only way to get analysis up now  ( ie to see the passing maps , where shots were coming from etc) by going into tactics and selecting individual matches in there ? Didn't you used to be able to do it when you clicked on matches etc ?

Not going to lie, my save is going well and the ME seems to be in decent shape , buy my word the UI is a lesson in frustration.

Should still be able to do it from the Match Screens under the Analysis tab clicking the header in the middle box in the left panel (don't have game open so cannot remember its name - should be the heatmap one) and that should open up the detailed analysis page.

18 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

The FA cup 3rd round was played in late December in my save. Should always be First weekend of January.

Some fixtures were also midweek. Have i missed an IRL announcement about this?

Worth raising the issue in the bugs forum with a save from before the FA Cup fixtures are generated if possible. (It would happen occasionally in FM17 when the first weekend was on the 1st Jan and it clashed with the Prem New Year fixtures, as I'm guessing the Prem fixtures took priority).

11 hours ago, Per Annum said:

I've not noticed this for coaches/scouts, just for e.g. medics.

Screenshot?

Happy to post a screenshot if it might help. Sorry for being dense, could someone give me a hand in how I actually take a screenshot in the 1st place?

Cheers

6 hours ago, dalesinwales said:

After many years of laptops with adequate graphics capabilities, and 3D match settings on low, I finally treated myself to a 'gaming' laptop a few months ago, complete with GTX1070 graphics card. The result, on FM17, was a beautifully smooth match experience although the difference between the 'low' and 'high' quality settings was nothing like as significant as I anticipated. It's better, but in subtle ways rather than 'wow'. 

Have you double checked your Nvidia Control Panel (not GeForce experience) to make sure that it's actually running from the GPU, rather than the integrated.

I use an MSI Laptop and sometimes games end up defaulting to the Integrated chip and it's mighty frustrating to discover you've been gunning in potato mode for however long.

17 hours ago, serif said:

I'm getting victimized by free kicks that pass the ball the a wide open player outside of the penalty box. I don't see an option in defending any type of free kick allowing me to place a player in that area. What am I missing?

I am a bit lucky with it but that's a problem that SI has to fix, the positioning is wrong 

7 hours ago, BlueAnderson said:

Anyone having crazy offsides problems? Currently in a game where it’s just reached HT and I’ve already clocked 10 offsides. That’s not normal. It happens quite frequently too. 

Always. With PPM gets words 

Just me or is the new staff search since the last patch pretty bad. Why are menu items instantly opening on a mouse over? Don't like that one bit. Also where are all my options for searching realistic staff at now?

I haven't seen this posted so I hope it's not a double.  I'm Celtic & subs from the opposition keep showing up in my side's shirts when I look at the opposition screen.

error.png

Edited by Swell86

15 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

For sure, because it is Hamburger SV!

Clearly HSV ever finishing above 16th place (plus them ever sticking to their manager, their new signings ever performing; and their suggar daddy ever keeping his devastating sugar daddy mouth shut) is the sign of a broken game. :brock: Seeing this, I'm yet curious to find if the AI responds well to having two aggressive wide players. As pointed out by SI, wide players on a support duty are more likely to track back and also tuck inside on defending, whilst the more aggressive wide players are now coded to stay wider forward and wait for the counter.1) What happens when an opposition is using two wide aggressive players (as here, HSV with two IFs on attack?) 2) In particular if opposition players don't naturally adapt with cautious.

Which was a fistful of the problem that was introduced by initially FM 2015, where giving advanced players an attack duty meant they simply staid forward on defending, up to 6+ players staying upfield to latch on the break, or vice versa. Until it was patched out subsequently, naturally.

Somewhat connected to this, why this isn't punished much consistently -- in particular when wide players on attack are now coded to stay up high and wait for the break (a handy tactical tool on any side where an opponent is overcommiting -- if utilized). Whilst I can see why that wouldn't be made (spoon-feeding), it were decent if after scouting managers were to assess generally zones of weakness in the OP tactic generally perhaps, also to be considered by AI). :) I think something like that is important in the long-term, as finite AI manager reactivity has shown to lead to players' perceptions of randomness and inconsistency in prior releases already, in particular players that don't even follow much of the match play and thus never see if OP players are sitting in space or not in a particular match. Any poor opposition that  keeps the wide players high and mighty may have a field day here.

Maybe even that pish HSV side. :brock:

jZ3qiVU.jpg

Edited by Svenc

10 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

The FA cup 3rd round was played in late December in my save. Should always be First weekend of January.

Some fixtures were also midweek. Have i missed an IRL announcement about this?

In theory though doesn’t always happen in reality.  A few years ago in real life, the third round was in December.

Two oddities bordering the bug...the first one is the Salford's stadium, quite appalling view to be fair...it's like they're building it, it's that way all over the place, but nevertheless the match info say 2.500 people attending the game, even if you cannot spot anybody there. The second is quite depressing: looking at my (blue) players you may think that we've just regained the ball and that they're running forward for a counter attack...wrong, this it the moment when an indirect free kick has just been kicked by the red player on my left flank...my defenders are completely uninterested of both the incoming ball and the opponents, three of them keep running away, the Others simply stand there...guess the outcome of this free kick? header by one of their players and goal...I've set properly all the set pieces routines, spent a lot of time to fine tune it, and then have to watch such an absurd behaviour...it's a pity because overall I'm enjoinyg this ME. SI please have a look into set pieces!!!

20171107175909_1.jpg

20171107180814_1.jpg

Does anyone know how to improve a players standing in the team?  Is there anything I can do as a manager to integrate them better?  I have Dolberg who has been phenomenal, 21 goals in 25 appearances but he recognises he has little standing with his social group, poor player relations and no common nationality with team mates.  

I don't really want to sign another Dane for the sake of it and given he speaks perfect english, I would have thought it wouldn't be that hard to integrate, especially as he's the star player.  He's still listed in the Other Players in the hierarchy.

Is there an issue with highlights?

Last night I drew 1-1 with Man Utd. I wanted to upload a video of their equaliser, which was from a corner conceded by a ridiculous misplaced backpass by my centre back - the ones I thought had been fixed but since the latest update seem to have started recurring.

Anyway, I went back into the match after full time, and the highlights were from a completely different match (same teams) where I'd won 3-1 🤷‍♂️

Apologies if posted already but anyone noticing the UI being more sluggish when you're scrolling through your inbox news, and have received a bid for a player.   That one news item of the transfer/loan offer doesn't seem smooth. Still seems to me the UI needs further optimizing, although it is far better than what it was.

Looking forward to Friday

Edited by ChelseaSince86

Hi all

I have been following this thread throughout as I decided to wait for the demo this year before committing myself to buying the game. I have found it interesting and informative in the main.

It appears that hopefully the next patch will address some of the consistent issues or problems raised. Again, in the main  it is the UI that keeps popping up. I hope that from the comments, the UI will get some treatment; from reading on here it appears to be problematic for a a lot of you, re speed,  number of clicks and general feel.

Roll on Friday morning - will be asleep midnight Thursday!

The Game seems to be so easy this year. .. scary imho  ... Leading the Bundesliga with HSV !!!!! after 15 games ... 4 Points ahead of Bayern. With a simple self created 3 defender tactic . Right now im leading after 11 Minutes 2-0 against RB Leipzig . The AI Teams having very bad tactics or idk what the reason is. But if the game will be like this after the release on friday ... then im sure that i will lose my motivation. And believe me ... I'm far from being a tactical genius lol ...

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

Salford City's stadium looks like its in the middle of a warehouse :(

The stadiums look very poor in FM18.  Whilst some parts of the game appear to have moved forward, the stadiums are going backwards, they looked more realistic back in FM12

2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

The stadiums look very poor in FM18.  Whilst some parts of the game appear to have moved forward, the stadiums are going backwards, they looked more realistic back in FM12

Exactly why they should easily open it up for modding like they do with many other aspects of the game. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Exactly why they should easily open it up for modding like they do with many other aspects of the game. 

Yes, that is one option Dave, but I can't believe that the artwork has passed as ok, it is as though whoever has drawn the stadiums has never actually seen one.

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

Yes, that is one option Dave, but I can't believe that the artwork has passed as ok, it is as though whoever has drawn the stadiums has never actually seen one.

Aye, that's very disappointing. Some of the grounds look quite close to the real thing, but the majority are miles off. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Aye, that's very disappointing. Some of the grounds look quite close to the real thing, but the majority are miles off. 

and what's with the crowd, I have never seen so many replica shirts, it's as though everyone is given one on entering the stadium

I won the league and have started a new season, but the game keeps forcing me to register a champion's league squad for every single qualifying round even though I'm straight through to the group stages. I'll literally register a squad and then have to re-register is less than a week later when the next round is drawn.

Just now, Cannibal said:

I won the league and have started a new season, but the game keeps forcing me to register a champion's league squad for every single qualifying round even though I'm straight through to the group stages. I'll literally register a squad and then have to re-register is less than a week later when the next round is drawn.

Bugs forum, please.

4 minutes ago, Erufaildon said:

In my Man Utd game I get recommendations for new physios, coaches, etc from within my own team. Eg. recommendation for new first-team coach is my U-18 coach. Is this a bug?

id say no.. if they good enough why not..  in real life united have promoted from within 

4 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

its a shame steam reviews to date are based on beta and not release date.. can see most negative reviews from when beta first published 

Why?  Even if they were, they'd still be completely pointless, and just a vehicle for people to be either hilariously effusive or hilariously critical.  Or to write those sweet, sweet "bantz" reviews.  None of those are particularly useful.

Like a lot of the new features and the fact the game is quicker when not in a match.

I take it the match time issue has been raised? 7 minutes my last match.

Also does anyone know if you can skip through the match like in previous versions? Last couple of FM’s you could click to change tactic and it would speed ahead to the end of the half. 

Thanks

Chris

11 minutes ago, Chris the Gaffer said:

Like a lot of the new features and the fact the game is quicker when not in a match.

I take it the match time issue has been raised? 7 minutes my last match.

Also does anyone know if you can skip through the match like in previous versions? Last couple of FM’s you could click to change tactic and it would speed ahead to the end of the half. 

Thanks

Chris

That is news to me. What is that? You click on change tactics and it instantly goes to the end of the half?