Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

8 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Anyone finding players are more reluctant to be tutored/to tutor? They keep saying they have no desire to work with the other player

I keep getting this very often as well.  It's really annoying.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Just played Man Utd in the FA Cup the week after unexpectedly beating them in the league - no mention of that in the pre-match presser. Pretty sure someone would pick up on it IRL.

Won 3-1 with Barkley getting MoM despite getting subbed off at half-time...

12 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Just played Man Utd in the FA Cup the week after unexpectedly beating them in the league - no mention of that in the pre-match presser. Pretty sure someone would pick up on it IRL.

Media is It's obviously essential but simply hasn't been touched since its implementation. So much potential, such little attention given to it. It's the most disappointing aspect of each iteration for me.

50 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

the amount of lag I'm experiencing during games between tactical changes is excessive, not sure if it's just me.

It is not just you. They are aware and trying to correct. The lag can get pretty bad at times in a match.

If I may pile on the UI a little more: regardless of the workflow and all the clicks, it's also very...gray.  Probably making matters worse is that I'm Colorado, so the whole game is purple and gray gray gray...

I feel a little depressed looking at it.  Dressing room especially (grayest screen in a game ever!) Also the blur confuses my eyes, but that's another issue...

started another tester save before Fridays main release and again i have hit the 31st august,  with nothing to tell me it is deadline day.  No option to take part, the yellow strip across top of inbox from fm17 which used to tell you latest deals in real time; is nowhere to be seen (unless removed of course by design).  

Have not got the screen which tells you total number of deals, how much spent so far.  

Edited by ChelseaSince86

59 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

started another tester save before Fridays main release and again i have hit the 31st august,  with nothing to tell me it is deadline day.  No option to take part, the yellow strip across top of inbox from fm17 which used to tell you latest deals in real time; is nowhere to be seen (unless removed of course by design).  

Have not got the screen which tells you total number of deals, how much spent so far.  

I like to manage 2 teams at once on a save, and I received the notification for one team and not the other.  It was very strange and quite frustrating because my main team was the one without the deadline day festivities. 

13 hours ago, styluz_05 said:

Has anyone got more than "little reaction" out of the pre match briefing. Seriously nearly season over and no matter what I say I have got no reaction whatsoever all season. 

Pointless addition if it doesn't do anything. More mouse clicking for the sake of mouse clicking! 

I once got the entire team agreeing with me when I said we should play defensive against a big team, because they all thought it favoured us as the underdog.

That's the only reaction I've had in 3 seasons though, so I've stopped bothering with it, just skip every meeting now.

10 minutes ago, CJG21 said:

I once got the entire team agreeing with me when I said we should play defensive against a big team, because they all thought it favoured us as the underdog.

That's the only reaction I've had in 3 seasons though, so I've stopped bothering with it, just skip every meeting now.

it could get boost on moral if they agree with the tactics and sometimes some players suggest any instrution/tactic and see the team reaction. Anything to make the Brief more usable 

15 hours ago, Per Annum said:

During a match I use the shots tab in the top middle panel. When I set it to 'overall' it resets back to 5 mins every time a player is clicked on or tactics entered, half time etc. That may be a bug.

That was the same on fm 17

Edited by turgi

Hi,

I have played the beta for about 6 hours so far, Really I have not seen many issues that have caught me. I did however find it difficult to find London as a place. I could only find suburbs in London, Sidcup for example. Is this just me?

Anyway, As a developer myself I tend to always wonder "How is that done?" And think up conditionals or class objects that could be used... But honestly the amount of detail in this game is crazy and you all must be very proud. Thank You.

I look forward to the 10th and another year of FM Addiction. 

P.S. Love the social aspect added. Seems like getting rid of Alexis Sanchez was a good move on my part :)

I'm getting victimized by free kicks that pass the ball the a wide open player outside of the penalty box. I don't see an option in defending any type of free kick allowing me to place a player in that area. What am I missing?

What kind of 3d performance are people getting? (I'm running update *.02 as I haven't updated it yet)

I have a R9 290 (4GB) and am having to have my settings down to low, with AA off to get smooth performance.  Anything on medium upwards and there is a fair bit of jerkiness going on.  Nothing too major but annoying enough to notice.

Drivers are fully up to date and Radeon settings are set to default.

Game is being played in windowed mode on Windows 8.1

Are there any known issues with this?

Are there any known settings to tweak?

Thank you.

System specs - AMD8320, 16GB Ram, R9 290, 500GB SSD

Edited by RorysRocketThrow

Overall feeling is, that it is a good game. I haven't played that much yet though.

I like most of the new features, but I won't get into detail about those.

What I do not like, is the new scouting system. How it works, I guess I can live with, but the UI setup of the scouting screens is nearly putting this game on the shelf for me. It's terrible. It seems clunky and counterintuitive.

People will say: it's a new feature. You just have to get used to it. I can understand that. I have played CM/FM since 94, and never have I had such a hard time adjusting to a new feature or feature overhaul, and that is what worries me.

Going to wait for the demo I think. From what I’ve read there are lots of new ideas, but like everytime this happens, it’s left a lot of head scratching with the UI.

Watched lots of videos, just looks like a lack of polishing, which happens with yearly releases. I would assume most of this will be fixed in FM19.

When you have to click more times to get to places that took one click before, it’s a backwards step.

I like the new roles and think the idea with the new tactics/pitch is a step in the direction.

But FM lately is one year not enough changes, next year is too many and it’s a bit of a mess. I think buying every other year may be the better option.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. The medical centre is a brilliant and very helpful addition, and I rather like the new scouting system, personally. Dynamics is also fun, although I can't quite work out why some players support you and some oppose you. I've had people who are rated as having massive respect for me "oppose" me, and irritated players who on the transfer list "support" me, which seems a bit odd.

1 hour ago, serif said:

I'm getting victimized by free kicks that pass the ball the a wide open player outside of the penalty box. I don't see an option in defending any type of free kick allowing me to place a player in that area. What am I missing?

The defending behaviour during the second phase of indirect free kicks is the single biggest reason I've stopped playing. The ball is played in to someone who is unmarked and your backline freeze in a long line -> Long shot -> goal.

I have faith that it'll be sorted in a patch or two, but I won't waste time and energy on a long term save yet. I prefer to just experiment with tactics at the moment.

35 minutes ago, rcirani7 said:

Dynamics is also fun, although I can't quite work out why some players support you and some oppose you. I've had people who are rated as having massive respect for me "oppose" me, and irritated players who on the transfer list "support" me, which seems a bit odd.

If you go to a player's profile, one of the options you can choose is 'dynamics', this will give you any information about why a player opposes you. 

7 hours ago, Swell86 said:

I like to manage 2 teams at once on a save, and I received the notification for one team and not the other.  It was very strange and quite frustrating because my main team was the one without the deadline day festivities. 

weird isnt it.  I didnt even get the usual little red box in the calendar saying the transfer window closes on said day.  I didnt realise so thought it was a normal day at first, checked and seen the date and totally confused as to why it has stopped all the usual graphics and drama

Folks I don't know if this has been reported previously, if it's just me or if it's by intent, but when you look at staff members, your own or potential candidates, it doesn't show their 'judging ability' and 'judging potential' attributes. The attributes are still there, you can see them if you compare a member of staff to another. Seems odd that such a key attribute is hidden away. If it is significant, I'm playing FMT

22 minutes ago, chucklehead said:

Folks I don't know if this has been reported previously, if it's just me or if it's by intent, but when you look at staff members, your own or potential candidates, it doesn't show their 'judging ability' and 'judging potential' attributes. The attributes are still there, you can see them if you compare a member of staff to another. Seems odd that such a key attribute is hidden away. If it is significant, I'm playing FMT

I've not noticed this for coaches/scouts, just for e.g. medics.

Screenshot?

Has something been updated overnight?  I've had to 'kill' FM twice this morning due to matches slowing down to a crippling pace, whereas it was running ok until now - albeit with the usual severe lag after making tactical changes.

11 hours ago, martplfc1 said:

Media is horseshit. It's obviously essential but simply hasn't been touched since its implementation. So much potential, such little attention given to it. It's the most disappointing aspect of each iteration for me.

I still get asked if I'm looking forward to working with my new assistant manager, even though I  searched for him end offered him a contract, this was the same last year, why does the media think I wouldn't have say in who I gave as my number 2?

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:

I still get asked if I'm looking forward to working with my new assistant manager, even though I  searched for him end offered him a contract, this was the same last year, why does the media think I wouldn't have say in who I gave as my number 2?

Agree on this point too. I understand it wrt to DoF because IRL the manager doesn't typically choose them, and there are historical instances where DoFs have been brought in and then replaced the manager shortly after. But it doesn't make any sense with assistants the manager has chosen.

As an aside, when I get home I'm setting hire/fire DoF to chairman. I've always had it as me but can't continue like this.

3 hours ago, serif said:

Known Bug

Unsure if this is a bug or not given all the little things that have been taken out of this year's version. 

I've just got the notification about the country's youth departures where it gives you a selection of players. When I click on the link at the bottom to take me to the page that shows you them all, the page is blank. 

7HXZLuh.jpg

It's the first time I've looked at that section in this year's game, it looks like they've taken away the filters to filter transfers and released players by country. That's a bit of a step back IMO. 

10 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

We're looking into this, cheers.

Just want to share an advice :)

How about add simple overall risk assessment information beside the player name in the tactic screen before match? I think it will be useful, right? It can be helpful to choose starting line up to reduce the risk of injury. Sometime, I just back and forth from medical center screen to tactics screen before match. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Andi Makmur said:

How about add simple overall risk assessment information beside the player name in the tactic screen before match? I think it will be useful, right? It can be helpful to choose starting line up to reduce the risk of injury. Sometime, I just back and forth from medical center screen to tactics screen before match. Thanks

Collapse the pitch view and add that column to the screen you're left with. Job done. 

22 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's worth raising the issue in the bugs forum then as only players you've scouted should be appearing on the Scouted screen - you are 100% sure you are on the Scouted screen and not one of the other screens?

Yeah I'm on the scouted screen mate, someone has also up voted my first comment on the issue.

I'm on a bad run at the moment, can't buy a win.  I decided to overhaul my tactics and in doing so I named a new first eleven.  As I was concentrating on that I completely forgot to name any subs and started a game.  Pretty sure I didn't get a warning that I hadn't selected any subs, which whilst my fault, I would expect my Ass Man to give me a little nudge and tell me I was being a plonker....

3 minutes ago, JB22 said:

I'm on a bad run at the moment, can't buy a win.  I decided to overhaul my tactics and in doing so I named a new first eleven.  As I was concentrating on that I completely forgot to name any subs and started a game.  Pretty sure I didn't get a warning that I hadn't selected any subs, which whilst my fault, I would expect my Ass Man to give me a little nudge and tell me I was being a plonker....

As a side note, I ended my run of 6 losses as Palace beating Chelsea 1 nil with no subs.  Might do it more often! 

• SI Staff
34 minutes ago, Andi Makmur said:

This can be added via the customisable columns. There is a 'Risk Assessment' preset or each individual column available for your pleasure.

Why can i Rule the German League with Hamburg, by creating a simple 3 defender tactic ? This is not motivating at all to keep playing the game ...  I did not download any tactic .. It's a simple 3 defender tactic

Unbenannt.png

I'm 2nd in the League after 11 games . Bayern first ... And Bremen is 3rd .. They using a 3 defender tactic as well btw ... 

Edited by haffaz77

14 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Why can i Rule the German League with Hamburg, by creating a simple 3 defender tactic ? This is not motivating at all to keep playing the game ...  I did not download any tactic .. It's a simple 3 defender tactic

I'm 2nd in the League after 11 games . Bayern first ... And Bremen is 3rd .. They using a 3 defender tactic as well btw ... 

2nd in the table after 11 games is hardly 'ruling the league' is it? 

After many years of laptops with adequate graphics capabilities, and 3D match settings on low, I finally treated myself to a 'gaming' laptop a few months ago, complete with GTX1070 graphics card. The result, on FM17, was a beautifully smooth match experience although the difference between the 'low' and 'high' quality settings was nothing like as significant as I anticipated. It's better, but in subtle ways rather than 'wow'. 

Sadly, with FM18, the match action is jerky on the highest settings. But that's not why, for the first time ever, I've gone back to the previous version. The whole feel of the game has changed, and not for the better, and some things that were second nature in 17 are now unintuitive - if such a word exists - an example being changing the opposition instructions during a match, and the whole scouting section is just tedious. Then there's the in-game crashes: in two of the sessions I have spent with the beta the game has crashed completely at the end of a match, completely locking the computer.

To conclude, the game has become much less enjoyable. In fact it's become more like work than work itself.

Maybe that's a good thing, as I've spent far too many hours over the last 20-odd years engrossed in this game, so FM18 may be the first step on my path back into engaging with wider society - unless the release version is much improved of course, and then it will be back to hiding myself away again.

Edited by dalesinwales
wrong spelling

19 hours ago, Liverbird93 said:

In previous FMs when playing online and your match finished, you could watch the end of other peoples games which hadn’t finished yet. Has this been removed, as I can’t see the option 

Anyone know if this has been taken out or if it’s me being stupid?

52 minutes ago, BlueAnderson said:

Anyone having crazy offsides problems? Currently in a game where it’s just reached HT and I’ve already clocked 10 offsides. That’s not normal. It happens quite frequently too. 

Happens when I have it on comprehensive highlights