Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

"Football Manager 2018 adds new graphics engine with help from Total Warhammer devs"

This is a quote from PC Gamer, as there were minimal issues with UI in 2017 that I found, I wonder if they have input on UI as well as graphics I have brought up an issue with UI that totally hides the game from view and they are quite quiet about it.

My issue by the way...

https://community.sigames.com/topic/416309-no-fade-to-see-match-when-opening-opposition-instructions-and-freekicks/

I have hit a total brick wall with this beta and if this issue is not resolved I can not see myself playing anymore for the time being, sadly put 51 hours into it so no steam refund.

Edited by Handstar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's not really how software development works, unless it's back in the 'bedroom' days of the 1980s when one person would design and code the entire game. 

I completly see your point, but looking at the bigger picture, bababooey is right. It's frustrating to see "new features" which have to real purpose, except making the game politically-correct and appealing to "twitters/facebookers" while some core features of the game seem overlooked. I have nothing against "innovation" or new features (no matter how useless they are) as long as the core components of the game are SOLID. For me, this edition, so far is like this: Great improvements to the ME (kudos for that SI) and absolutly garbage UI (sorry for the harsh words, but navigating through this UI is a nightmare. For example: Let's say that you want to see the full match stats after a game. In previous editions you could go to Schedule - select the match in question and click Match Stats. Now, I have to click Schedule - match in question - Analysis - Match Stats - and Match Stats again.  The result is 2 more clicks (that open 2 different menus that you dont want) to access one of the most frequented area of the game when you do a match analysis.

Anyway, I think that SI shouldn't move away to the principle of creating a very complex game behind a very simple and intuitive interface. If this UI stays the same after the 10th Novemeber release, it will create a very dangerous precedent for the next editions to come.

5 minutes ago, Mistaa said:

These poles are disturbing when you are watching the game. I couldn't saw the goal because of that. 

Reminds me of the old days at the Old Den with Millwall.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

To dock you drag the widget over to the yellow icon and when it's in the dock area a read outline should appear, if you release the widget then it will dock, you can then pin it by clicking the pin icon in the top corner.

Thanks MichaeL :thup:

1 minute ago, NavyWolf87 said:

3 updates before proper release ...... Tells me that SI's heart ain't in it anymore. The games obviously broke. 

That's really quite disrespectful to the insane amount of hours it must take for them to make this game every year. The game isn't 'broke'. 

10 minutes ago, LeeCutty said:

Anyone know how to clear players from the scouted section?

I have tons of players in there that I've never scouted and can't see anywhere to remove them.

Right click on the player and selecting scouting -> remove scout reports looks like it removes them from the scouted list.

16 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Right click on the player and selecting scouting -> remove scout reports looks like it removes them from the scouted list.

Yeah it works for the ones who are scouted but i have like 2-300 in there that don't have reports and there is no way that i can see of removing them and there is more and more going in there all the time.

I've asked a couple of mates and they have the same thing.

Edited by LeeCutty

Not entirely sure about these pre-match briefings - what are other peoples thoughts?

I kinda feel like I'm duplicating things, probably just leave it to the assistant manager going forward unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Edited by stevemc

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

Not entirely sure about these pre-match briefings - what are other peoples thoughts?

To be honest I use them when I have changed my tactics a little due to intensity to get my optimum tactics set up eventually, not 100% sure if this is it's intentions. I also find them useful to set up set pieces and opposition instructions.

12 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

image.thumb.png.41408b7863af75f630612af0709595cf.pngimage.thumb.png.d5eccc608f87823abe21f9d346b4783f.pngimage.thumb.png.2b0804b0edf204687abd45672945f771.png

Some interesting looking regens :D

Might be that the scout tool isn't 100% accurate but if it is, just ridiculous!

Don't know about the scout tool, but I'd encourage you to find and use the Windows Snipping Tool :D 

9 minutes ago, Handstar said:

To be honest I use them when I have changed my tactics a little due to intensity to get my optimum tactics set up eventually, not 100% sure if this is it's intentions. I also find them useful to set up set pieces and opposition instructions.

But wouldn't you do your set pieces in your general tactics? And FM17 had opposition instructions.

I'm struggling to see any real reason for inclusion tbh.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'll never understand why people use tools like that. For me, that would kill the whole enjoyment of finding good players for myself. Each to their own though. 

I don't enjoy FM full stop for very long, so I just like messing about in the end.

I use set piece set up thoughout my game in general, briefing and during match because you change your players during the match and if players are not in optimum positions during subs, red cards and injuries because you could find a player defending a freekick for example when you'd like him forward or vice versa.

7 minutes ago, stevemc said:

And FM17 had opposition instructions

If I remember clearly all steam released FM's have had opposition instructions since 2012, previous I have no real memory to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Handstar said:

If I remember clearly all steam released FM's have had opposition instructions since 2012, previous I have no real memory to be honest.

Memory was clearly wrong, installed 2012 and 2013 (what a throwback lol) and saw they didn't have opposition instructions in the general tactics tab anyway didn't try out a match though so they might be there?

So whats going on in the last 20 minutes of games where you hold the lead against the AI? It's just an insane amount of goals for pretty much no reason. Random free-kicks from 35m going straight in, the AI all of a sudden putting away every shot on goal.

Every team turns into Barca for the last 20

Had 2-1 vs Hoffenheim in the 76. It ended 2-4
Had 2-0 against Arsenal in the 69th. It ended 2-4 (They scored 2 in extra-time)
Had 1-0 against Stoke in the 80th. It ended 1-3

Edited by Karnack

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

So whats going on in the last 20 minutes of games where you hold the lead against the AI? It's just an insane amount of goals for pretty much no reason. Random free-kicks from 35m going straight in, the AI all of a sudden putting away every shot on goal.

Had 2-0 against Arsenal in the 69th. It ended 2-4

I was 3-0 up against Ipswich, who had 2 shots on target all game going into the 3rd minute of five mins of injury time. 

It finished 3-2. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I was 3-0 up against Ipswich, who had 2 shots on target all game going into the 3rd minute of five mins of injury time. 

It finished 3-2. 

Yeah, everything gets so much more dangerous. I mean how often do anyone score from 30-35 meters on a free-kick? I've had it happen thrice against me in half a season.
I do get that teams trailing will go nuts but it's just so extremely different. If they play that much better with the attacking tactics they apply in the end of a game they shouldn't really use anything else.

Edited by Karnack

Just now, Karnack said:

Yeah, everything gets so much more dangerous. I mean how often do anyone score from 30-35 meters on a free-kick? I've had it happen thrice against me in half a season.
I do get that teams trailing will go nuts but it's just so extremely different. If they play that much better with the attacking tactics they apply in the end of a game they shouldn't really use anything else.

I'd love to know how they do it, as any time I'm chasing a game like that, the clock runs down with no further highlights. If the AI can do it, so can we. Be good to find out!

2 minutes ago, Kraftwerk said:

Did the latest update change hair colours of the managers appearance/appearance screen? I no longer have any black hair option. 

There are reports about it in the Manager Man bug forum. Could you please add what happens in your game?

35 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Actually been working the other way for me, on my wolves save, when been trailing in a lot of games 1-0, would go to overload mentality and would turn it around in the last 15-20 minutes and win 2 or 3-1.

48 minutes ago, Karnack said:

If you think it's overtuned, raise it (with pkms) in the ME Issues Forum for SI to take a look.

Just now, herne79 said:

If you think it's overtuned, raise it (with pkms) in the ME Issues Forum for SI to take a look.

I'm not sure it is, I'm absolute garbage at this game. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed the AI going bananas in the late minutes. Seems too consistant. But as I said, I'm worthless. 5th save with Liverpool now, got sacked every time.

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

I'm not sure it is, I'm absolute garbage at this game. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed the AI going bananas in the late minutes. Seems too consistant. But as I said, I'm worthless. 5th save with Liverpool now, got sacked every time.

Do you make tactical changes in the last 20 minutes of a game?

ive been offered the chance to submit my champions league squad i've clicked auto select and it only chooses one player. I then continue to click it and only lets me choose maximum of 15 players. Is this a known bug?

Tottenham Hotspur_ Players Registration.png

Tottenham Hotspur_ Players Registration-2.png

Tottenham Hotspur_ Players Registration-3.png

Alex Janes_  Inbox.png

Edited by janesy20

1 hour ago, BrettOrmerod said:

Anyone know what the deal is with refunds? How long have we got? I bought through stream. Cheers.

Steam's policy states "within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours".

I've found them to be quite flexible. I've refunded games a month after I bought them but didn't have time to play.

2 minutes ago, janesy20 said:

But half my squad is unhappy, I don't want to go any further so the game is unplayable

It's a beta, not the finished game. You starting a career game at your own risk. A beta is for testing purpose and to get used to the new features.