Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, iMan said:

Why is the 2D pitch so bright? Will that be toned down for the full game?

Change in graphics "shadow = off" and confirm, then change "shadow = medium" and confirm, then check if it works 

1 hour ago, pedrosantos said:

Does anyone know how to search players using an age filter ????

I'm only running FMT right now and can't be bothered to load up the full game, but in scouting, choose 'new search' and then set the age range to whatever you want. If it's in FMT, I can't believe it isn't in full FM.

Well this the first time I bought the game 2 weeks before the release . The beta release as they say . 

I'm almost thinking of going back to FM17 . I guess it's a beta version but what does this mean because at this time my 3D graphics barely run . I use the same options as FM17 and its very poor not to mention the ice rink they play on (players skate instead of run ) . For some reason the game runs better in window mode ? The interface is bad . The new hierarchy thing well ? What does it do really . The training seems the same . Scouting is mmm average as the interface goes . 

I mean it seems like I've bought the same game ( FM17 ) But with a poor 3D option and a few glossy improvements .

Guess will wait for the actual game and some massive updates that I think will be coming. 

At this stage i given it a 4/10 as a game and 3/10  against FM 17 

It's just a hard game to play at this time . A lot of lags on the game and interface . 

One thing they have done now is in the schedule screen you can click on any upcoming matches and see past meetings for all the games against that team . Someone listened 

Edited by prot651

I noticed there were some changes to the tactics familiarity bar. Formation is no longer part of it. Does that mean changing formations will not have any impact on tactics familiarity unlike the previous versions?

Edited by voidex

6 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

It's late , so I'll upload PKM's tomorrow , but has anyone else noticed defences just lining up all in a straight line for set pieces ? Liek the whole team just in a straight line while the attacking team sets up as normal ?

Yeah, pretty much every game.

There is a topic posted in the beta bugs section. 

47 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

I'm beginning to feel the potential of the game only to be destroyed by the unnecessary Clicks and Messy UI. 
Its really a mess , We might get used to the UI but the old one is miles better than the current one, Scouting was really easy until 17, now its a real mess. The Player Talks in Pre/ Half Time / Post Match used to give the idea especially about players who get injured (like wants to stay but feels injury is effecting him or Injured but feels can shake it off) there is nothing like that, And oh the statements of Players are not bothered to hear what you want to say and pre occupied with some thing else is really bad before you come to have a say is feeling like im not a manager of a team but some useless guy want to have a chat with players. And the after Meeting message is real comedy at times given the situations. ( Players are ready to walk through the Walls ) I mean Come on 

Agreed. Bad UI is dragging this game down they should revert to FM17 UI and this will be a very good FM.

55 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

I'm beginning to feel the potential of the game only to be destroyed by the unnecessary Clicks and Messy UI. 
Its really a mess , We might get used to the UI but the old one is miles better than the current one, Scouting was really easy until 17, now its a real mess. The Player Talks in Pre/ Half Time / Post Match used to give the idea especially about players who get injured (like wants to stay but feels injury is effecting him or Injured but feels can shake it off) there is nothing like that, And oh the statements of Players are not bothered to hear what you want to say and pre occupied with some thing else is really bad before you come to have a say is feeling like im not a manager of a team but some useless guy want to have a chat with players. And the after Meeting message is real comedy at times given the situations. ( Players are ready to walk through the Walls ) I mean Come on 

Yep, UI sucks. It's making me hate the game. FM17 far better. If the FM17 UI was copy and pasted, FM18 would be great.

So many people are complaining about the extra clicking this year. I've got a feeling FM 19 will be more 'user-friendly' and they will advertise that it will take 'less clicks' to get things done because they 'listen to the fans'. :lol:

I feel like this game is more in-depth, and you are going to be outside of the matches for longer, which isn't the worst thing for me, as I prefer the nitty-gritty stuff (choosing staff, searching for players, finances). 

Just now, dewhirst said:

So many people are complaining about the extra clicking this year. I've got a feeling FM 19 will be more 'user-friendly' and they will advertise that it will take 'less clicks' to get things done because they 'listen to the fans'. :lol:

I feel like this game is more in-depth, and you are going to be outside of the matches for longer, which isn't the worst thing for me, as I prefer the nitty-gritty stuff (choosing staff, searching for players, finances). 

:lol::lol:

What we should call it the best ever Feature ?? :D:D 

Seriously though the simple thing is don't fix ain't broke. 

They might change Scouting it could be even best scouting but they messed up UI Similarly they might have go for even better interaction with players but the UI again messed up 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 08:39, luka_ said:

So this pre game chat with your team about tactics..Really you need to go ove every TI with the squad. Like "guys ,today we play control" reaction "nobody cares."

Same reaction for everything I've said. lol

I think this is one feature I will never use again. Don't see the point at all.

Use in conjunction with your scouting report about the next opponent --- ie: your opponent concedes 60% of their goals from wide spaces....pre match tactical meeting emphasize attempting to get wide.

At least...this is the easiest way to actually make use of it.

I've had some mixed success.....if I choose a defensive formation when we're huge underdogs...the team has agreed that it gives us the best chance....conversely, if I choose a tactic/formation from the trained  batch and the team doesn't agree...they let me know too!

But yes....I get a lot of "no reaction" remarks here as well.  Part of it is down to rep...their support of me, and a host of other bits I imagine as well.

Of course...you can just let your staff handle it too!

22 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Personally I think the team briefing should take place on the day of the match, after the scout report and probably after the match prep screen.  You select your team & tactics then give the briefing.  With the tactics & players then locked in place you proceed to the match.

This. So much this. It's a good feature, just implemented badly at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

On FM17 when the half time or full time whistle went it would take you straight to the team talk.

Om FM18 you have to click to get to team talk. Why has this click been added?

There needs to be an option to skip the review thing that shows up before we can go to the team talk.

I play on 2D and I end up with the annoying 3D stadium graphic which for me, ruins the experience, before i can go to my team talk.

Is this normal?

Lower league (blyth spartans), no scouting packs bought. 2 scouts, scouting players.

First, i get message either by player or scout which seems interested. Then 0%., i get to press button "scout".

After i while, its 3%. Not much to see on player. Maybe one attribute. gets to press the button "scout" once more.

And so it goes a while, but not much progress.

The highest i have come is 20%, but not often more than 10% and not possible to scout any more. And when 10% not many attributes to see, i just have to rely on the number the scout presents (the one from 1 to 100).

I

TL/DR: i find scouting very difficult. Find very few players. And those i find i see very few attributes after scouting.

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n
errors

Just now, thnigelfc said:

Not Just you Fm18 is way slower at the moment,

In only Commentary for games that takes about 12-15mins to run through.

As far as I understand, SI have throttled the game for beta. The actual release should be on form.

Good post @tyro. I agree with a lot of that. The new features are outstanding this year, and really add to the immersion. It's just a shame the game is so held back in other areas. It really does have the potential to be the best FM ever if they can get niggly stuff sorted out. 

The scouting centre / report in a scouting inbox is something strange .

The dynamics , medical centre and pre tactic/talks are a nice addition and u don't need to use them if u don't want those details.

The game proceeds fast on my computer and if all the reported bugs are gone in the final version, it will be a good edition !

Edited by Olivierlandman

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I fell once and smashed my head on the pavement, I actually had full blown concussion for 3 months. The moral of this story is to not get drunk in Sunderland. :lol::lol: 

I once got fully caught on the railings at Mowbray Park trying to cut through at night and was hanging upside down on the from my jeans after a night out. It is a dangerous place.

13 hours ago, stevemc said:

Some early thoughts from me, playing on a MacBook Pro:

• Three finger swipe from FM18 to desktop finder doesn’t seem to be working? :thdn:

• Game launched up really fast, much quicker than FM17. :thup:

• Still not convinced by the 3D modelling when creating a manager, would prefer to upload a photo of my face (looks like I’ve been bladdering the sunbeds with goggles on :D) :thdn:

28lukpu.png

• “Confirming” from the preferences screen, back to the game, seems to take a while. :thdn:

• Seems like less camera angle options, is this intentional or because its a Beta?

• I like the top banner of the skin, the way it fades as a gradient is a nice touch. Dark skin is also nice and the CAP letter font is a nice, clearer touch. :thup:

• Are these icons supposed to come outside of the box like below? Looks a bit odd IMO:

2ngv4vb.png

• Love the new dynamics pages plus the scouting pages are 100% better! :) :thup:

• Perisic joining Man City for £30m, straight off the bat, seems odd since Inter would never accept this fee this Summer (happened in both test saves I started). :thdn:

• The pitches appear really bright green, I think they need toning down. 

• The stairwells inside the stadiums seem oversized.

• The match day experience seems to lag a little, like a delayed clicking.

• There’s an interface issue on this screen below, the substitutes are missing for the home team. Also I don’t really like the boxes the names are contained within, seems a pointless, limiting addition:

4rxo4i.png

• Is there anyway to turn off the pre-match cut scenes? My MacBook doesn’t process them very well, and its very sluggish.

• I think the ball could do with being whiter, its quite difficult to see. Similar with the goal posts and netting.

• Why are the advertising boards as high as people? And what is the black boarding all the way around the pitch?

259vg60.png

• Saving seems quicker than FM17. :thup:

And the cinema doors at the end of some of the stairwells (a health and safety issue here methinks)

Not happy with the tactics screen, too many clicks just to either load up tactic or go from one to another, also you could go to training with one click, now several to get to it.

There's a few other niggly things like crowd noise during half time/full time team talks and the fact that when I start a new game on 24/6/18 the 1st day in charge always has a friendly arranged with a top class foreign team and I'm unable to change it, not the best way to start pre season, gel the team and get confidence up, thankfully one of the SI team reproduced it and are looking into it. 

Also too many backroom staff being poached from other clubs in the 1st week, like my chief data analyst, a couple of scouts etc.

Anyone else having issues with the following:

- Long shots: Probably about 75% of shots made are long shots from well outside the box. No specific instructions are set anywhere to attempt them (or not to)

- No Shots: In 4/5 games my team have got to half time and have registered no shots on target. Quite often it's only at 50 minutes that they start to make any attempts to win the game usually with the above mentioned long shots. Games usually end with 9 shots of which 1 is on target the remaining are absolutely ballooned long shots.

• Administrators

Again just to reiterate, if you have feedback that's great post it here - but if your feedback involves something you think isn't working correctly or is a bug PLEASE raise it on in the relevant section of the bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Turkbacca said:

Anyone else having issues with the following:

- Long shots: Probably about 75% of shots made are long shots from well outside the box. No specific instructions are set anywhere to attempt them (or not to)

- No Shots: In 4/5 games my team have got to half time and have registered no shots on target. Quite often it's only at 50 minutes that they start to make any attempts to win the game usually with the above mentioned long shots. Games usually end with 9 shots of which 1 is on target the remaining are absolutely ballooned long shots.

On this occassion, it will be your tactics. And i'm not being sarcastic.

Players resort to long shots when they do not have good passing options.

I'd review your forward set up to see how you can help players find pockets of space.

Ok, after the initial 'shock' I'm noticing some nice touches.

I like the partnerships that form over a season as displayed on the tactics screen.

Stockport_County_Overview.png

With some hopefully straight forward UI streamlining and a bit of spit & polish we could be onto a winner :thup: 

This is the first FM I’ve bought since FM15 and My first impressions are that it all looks great up until you get to matchday. Then things are pretty underwhelming, compared to fm 15, the match engine is really really really bad. Now I know it’s beta and all that so I’m gonna give it a chance for some patches and hopefully it gets better, but right now it’s really dragging the game down overall. It would be a shame cos I do really like it all up until matchday. 

The Game problem is UI not the features which as the game goes deep is really showcasing how much fun they are, If they can sort it out this will be best of the series quite easily and starts towards a new path for the FM games.  The UI is taking the every fun we find out of us . 

Is there any way to set in preferences so the competition screen that comes up automatically as part of progressing the game, especially for European comps, defaults to matches> fixtures and results (as in previous editions) rather than matches> competition review. 

My personal view is that competition review looks odd with massive green and red boxes for time and score and little team names. It also shows no scorer information and the Joe.ie 'journalist' comment at the top doesn't interest me. I'm sure there must be others but only had Joe.ie through first three rounds of Europe league. 

The detailed overview of matches > fixtures and results is a much better screen, so would like the option in preferences to set it to come up instead of the new review screen.