Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, zigaliro said:

Where is an option to see every player`s name above their head in 3d match engine? I can`t seem to find it.

I echo this question. i can't find it either, as i would like to have all player's names on, during matches.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

congratulations on the new release and BETA.

I have had a little chance to look around and found something that may need reporting. As is my case, my nationality is English, but my place of birth should be Duyun, Guizhou, China. So far I dont think you can choose a nationality but different place of birth outside of that country. last year this was no problem. Apologies if I have made a mistake and it is in fact possible.

1 minute ago, JWB935 said:

Hi guys,

congratulations on the new release and BETA.

I have had a little chance to look around and found something that may need reporting. As is my case, my nationality is English, but my place of birth should be Duyun, Guizhou, China. So far I dont think you can choose a nationality but different place of birth outside of that country. last year this was no problem. Apologies if I have made a mistake and it is in fact possible.

Could you please post this in the bugs forum ---> interface

Asking again cause out was late last time -

How do you stop the  game landing on social ?

In 17 you could make it so it always landed on your inbox rather than the social page.  I can't find the setting in 18 and its driving me nuts. 

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

I've managed to get a few games in to the new season now. There are some nice new touches (although it will just take some time to work them out as I am a slow player) but for a BETA the most valuable feedback would usually be on the negative side so here goes:

Crosses from wingers/wide players result in lots of 'he didn't mean that' moments where keeper fumbles it wide of his near post for a corner. This was heavily present a few versions back and was toned down greatly in one of the patches. This really has to be toned down as it's very noticeable and unrealistic again right now.

If playing in windowed mode, it isn't possible to pick/select your 7th substitute as you can't slide down low enough. The screen shot from Mr U Rosler above shows my problem exactly, even though he didn't mention it himself. I had to change to full screen mode just because of this problem, but I only want to play on windowed mode.

Apart from the substitute problem, I don't find it easy picking a team now for another reason. I want to see all my available squad players and conditions as I am making my picks, but it looks like we have to go on to another page to see their conditions and match fitness. I'm not sure why that is necessary, or am  just missing the way to see all this on one page like in previous versions?

I miss not having the 'close' camera option. I am now using the TV camera view, but it seems much further away than I would like.

The pitch is very bright and it's very difficult to track the ball. The pitch colour definitely needs toning down, although maybe the close camera option would have helped a bit on that.

An observation from early games is that wide players in 433 formation seem to offer the best chance of scoring goals (cross from one winger to back post for other to tap in). That could be down to the lack of quality of my opposition in the friendlies though, so I will monitor this more.

I'd like to finish on a positive note, because I haven't given the credit that is due for the skill that goes in to making a reliably great and enjoyable series. The improved tackling and blocking are looking to be much better than before, and from my point of view it's a thumbs up for any improvements like this to the defensive side of the game.

40 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Is there any way to set in preferences so the competition screen that comes up automatically as part of progressing the game, especially for European comps, defaults to matches> fixtures and results (as in previous editions) rather than matches> competition review. 

My personal view is that competition review looks odd with massive green and red boxes for time and score and little team names. It also shows no scorer information and the Joe.ie 'journalist' comment at the top doesn't interest me. I'm sure there must be others but only had Joe.ie through first three rounds of Europe league. 

The detailed overview of matches > fixtures and results is a much better screen, so would like the option in preferences to set it to come up instead of the new review screen. 

Also, I've noted on this screen that it doesn't show the match result and aggregate score and just the aggregate score which confused the hell out of me first up

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, OkMarius said:

My biggest let down is that the game itself feels a lot slower. I get a 2 second delay when clicking on a player in the squad before the player screen appears.

Yeah we're aware some areas of the game are a little bit laggy and we're taking steps to try and address this. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we're aware some areas of the game are a little bit laggy and we're taking steps to try and address this. Thanks. 

Neil can you help me with a scouting question? is it possible to assign a scout to a region and a competition? I can't seem to be able to do this...

Just now, Deisler26 said:

Pretty sure this is fake

Nope. It's a real feature, though obviously not for real players. A pint to the first person who figures out how to change the code so a certain someone finally comes out of the closet. I wonder if sexuality is now a hidden attribute. 

My biggest gripe is scouting. I have no idea how anything works anymore.

1. What is the data analyst report? Why doesn't it contain more information?

2. Can scouts be assigned to a region and a competition? Or even multiple competitions at once

3. How long does it take to produce a scout report?

4. Where can I view pending scout reports?

I like the idea of having a dedicated section for scouting but it seems a bit sloppy atm. Too many changes made for no real reason

5 minutes ago, corneille said:

My biggest gripe is scouting. I have no idea how anything works anymore.

1. What is the data analyst report? Why doesn't it contain more information?

2. Can scouts be assigned to a region and a competition? Or even multiple competitions at once

3. How long does it take to produce a scout report?

4. Where can I view pending scout reports?

I like the idea of having a dedicated section for scouting but it seems a bit sloppy atm. Too many changes made for no real reason

Thanks for this. I agree. It's quite messy at the moment. But I am glad that it makes it harder to just stockpile talent and find it far to easy.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, kandersson said:

New GK training category (distribution) is ok but it now takes at least three different GK coaches to get the ideal training stars/light workload combination which is quite unrealistic imho as even top teams tend to have just one GK coach irl.

But do they have the "ideal" training stars/light workload ;)

You don't need 5* in every category to have a superior coaching/training set up. 

9 minutes ago, corneille said:

Seen a few people ask this now, and I don't get how people can't see this. In the scouting page, there's an option at the top for 'assignments', and when you click on that there's another option in the middle of the page to 'create new assignment' - You can then ask a scout to go and scout a country, providing your level of scouting lets you of course. 

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, voidex said:

I noticed there were some changes to the tactics familiarity bar. Formation is no longer part of it. Does that mean changing formations will not have any impact on tactics familiarity unlike the previous versions?

Tactical Familiarity is now on a per player basis. The "formation" part of this is dictated by the positions/roles selected for each player and their familiarity within those.

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Seen a few people ask this now, and I don't get how people can't see this. In the scouting page, there's an option at the top for 'assignments', and when you click on that there's another option in the middle of the page to 'create new assignment' - You can then ask a scout to go and scout a country, providing your level of scouting lets you of course. 

If the scout is already scouting a region it gets added as their next assignment. So it seems like a scout can only have one current assignment

2 hours ago, Turkbacca said:

Anyone else having issues with the following:

- Long shots: Probably about 75% of shots made are long shots from well outside the box. No specific instructions are set anywhere to attempt them (or not to)

- No Shots: In 4/5 games my team have got to half time and have registered no shots on target. Quite often it's only at 50 minutes that they start to make any attempts to win the game usually with the above mentioned long shots. Games usually end with 9 shots of which 1 is on target the remaining are absolutely ballooned long shots.

No, not at all. Other things:

A lot of missed chances, one-on-ones with the keeper seems to stand out.
Very poor defending at set-pieces/corners.
A lot of added time, each game has at least 5 mins added to the second half.

Quite a few AI managers play a flat 4-3-3, that is four defenders, three CMs and three strikers. Hello 1976.
Team pre-game briefings seem to have no effect on the players, another meaningless feature? I have a small sample size, I'll wait and see how this plays out.
Tactical consistency seems to be hard to find, although I'm sure this is related to all the issues of a beta.

All in all I'm impressed by the new graphics/ME. This will be a great game once released is my prediction.

5 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

No, not at all. Other things:

A lot of missed chances, one-on-ones with the keeper seems to stand out.
Very poor defending at set-pieces/corners.
A lot of added time, each game has at least 5 mins added to the second half.

Quite a few AI managers play a flat 4-3-3, that is four defenders, three CMs and three strikers. Hello 1976.
Team pre-game briefings seem to have no effect on the players, another meaningless feature? I have a small sample size, I'll wait and see how this plays out.
Tactical consistency seems to be hard to find, although I'm sure this is related to all the issues of a beta.

All in all I'm impressed by the new graphics/ME. This will be a great game once released is my prediction.

Agree on that. 

as you mention it i played 3 matches on Full match mode (2 of Super copa Espana and one Pre season friendly)  and the rest on extended highlights. I feel that when we are getting too many fouls its taking the Added time to 5 mins. I had +6 as well but when the fouls count is low its only around 2 -3 mins which is normal.

Though i feel that every time a foul is made its sort of making reset of Play rhythm like players start making mistakes in passes in both sides until then my side is passing very well but when a foul or some ball out of bounds happen it seems the players aren't connected in rhythm until they had which didn't happen in FM 17. Or may be its because of Beta. 

I saw that in Post match article too saying that with so many fouls both teams struggled to find rhythm. 

11 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Hey mate sorry for telling this here but me and other guys raise it as bug and no one dont even answer us for hours or days now..How we will found players who are available for national team but they aren't in national pool?In fm 2017 we had this choice but in fm18 not...

fm 2017.png

Player search, nationality, Gibraltar? 

27 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Player search, nationality, Gibraltar? 

Read more carefull..I can't find players who are eligible for national team (he could have two nationalities) and they are NOT IN NATIONAL POOL...

Edited by Sheriff7

1 minute ago, Sheriff7 said:

Read more carefull..I can't find players who are ineligible for national team (he could have two nationalities) and they are NOT IN NATIONAL POOL...

As I've seen you post this a few times I think you are confusing people with the language.

Ineligible means they can't play for the country.

You want to search for players who are Eligible.

6 minutes ago, gregdfc said:

How do you get your scout to scout a bigger club for loans? Like last year,  I scouted all the top 10 clubs for loan players through 'get team report' 

Scouting > Create New Assignment > Select Team from the left hand side of the popup window.

Hi, SI. 

Wish to check. 

Is there any possibility that the photographer and camera-man will be able to move in FM2018 when the game is launch.

Currently it is immovable. However, I remembered, in one of the FM, the photographer and camera-man are able to move to follow the action. 

Personally, to me, a movable photographer and camera-man will add realism to the match experience. 

Thank you. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

As I've seen you post this a few times I think you are confusing people with the language.

Ineligible means they can't play for the country.

You want to search for players who are Eligible.

Ok you had right an i correct it..But still the problem is there and no one don't even respond..I wasn't the only one who raise it in bugs forum..And the upload screenshot from fm 2017 was prety clear for what i mean..I post it here too because i didn't take an answer from Si...

• Administrators
Just now, Sheriff7 said:

Ok you had right an i correct it..But still the problem is there and no one don't even respond..I wasn't the only one who raise it in bugs forum..And the upload screenshot from fm 2017 was prety clear for what i mean..I post it here too because i didn't take an answer from Si...

As I said to you via private message when you contacted me, it's currently outside of business hours which mean not every single reported issue can be responded to. When everyone is back in the office in Monday threads will be responded to by our team.

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As I said to you via private message when you contacted me, it's currently outside of business hours which mean not every single reported issue can be responded to. When everyone is back in the office in Monday threads will be responded to by our team.

Thanks. 

I took your answer and thank you for it..Just wanted to answer to Cougar and Per anum because my post here was some time before you answer me with private message..Ok then wait for next week...

I have waited to comment on FM18 until I had put in 24 hours gameplay.

Absolutely superb and well done to everyone at FM HQ. It feels like the most complete updated version since I have played the FM series, which is quite a long time. Although early days the standout new features are the 'Dynamics' and Scouting pages. In particular the 0-100 rating system used by the scouts is a superb way to gauge potential value for money new signings against your current squad and more importantly your younger players that are out on loan in different leagues.

As a complete anorak in all FM18 matters suffice to say despite my 24 hour gameplay since launching I have only played two league matches but have learned a lot about all my squads and my staff is looking very competent. The finances are now looking good as I approach the first transfer window with a few of my better players attracting a little to much attention for my liking.

Keep up the good work!

I'm Everton, I sell Aaron Lennon and the Rooney takes issue. As a result the dressing room is totally lost despite me saying that Lennon (as in real life) just isn't really good enough for Everton anymore. When I try saying this to the players they still have an issue with it. Just makes zero sense.