Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

48 minutes ago, corneille said:

Just been asked this question about a new chairman. I received no news items about this prior

CHAIRMAN.png

Good spot, thanks for this - in future please raise things like this in the bugs forum rather than the feedback thread as there's much less chance of it being missed amongst the noise.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

Ultimately, yes it is. There is a finite amount of text we can add in for each version due to time and budget constraints. Something that's easy to overlook is that all the text needs to be translated into many different languages, so there has to be a cut-off point somewhere. Then that text will need to be hooked into the gameplay to ensure it's appearing correctly, so that's even further time needed for the coders.

We are constantly adding new options and strings in all areas of the game, and increased variation. We have a huge amount of text in the game already that covers almost everything, so most text improvements are aimed towards new features, or plugging in gaps. You will tend to find that the more you play of the game, the more you will notice these differences as they tend to be context-specific. That also means that depending on the circumstances of your save games, you may not see all the new additions.

Thanks Glenn, appreciate the reply and explanation.

2 minutes ago, gibbo11 said:

Thanks Glenn, appreciate the reply and explanation.

No problem, if there's any text that you feel isn't appropriate, or repeats too often - please let us know in the bugs forum or feature suggestions area and we can look at trying get improved text or more variation for future versions or patches. Thanks.

Hi all. I couldn't find estimated value list of clubs and also individually can't see my clubs estimated. Is it missing and coming with full release update or a feature?

One more thing, i am curious to play FM18 but at the otherhand i do not want to ruin my new game ambition, due to little bugs, glitches as nature of early access beta. So, should i just play the beta or should i wait full release? Thanks.

1 minute ago, melih said:

Hi all. I couldn't find estimated value list of clubs and also individually can't see my clubs estimated. Is it missing and coming with full release update or a feature?

One more thing, i am curious to play FM18 but at the otherhand i do not want to ruin my new game ambition, due to little bugs, glitches as nature of early access beta. So, should i just play the beta or should i wait full release? Thanks.

Club values/estimated debt have been removed in FM18.

Playing a lower league game right now, just gonna give my observations in no particular order. More minuses than pluses on the list but I actually really like the game.

+ No performance or lag issues for me at all, which surprised me since my weird laptop (good graphics card, bad CPU) is very unsuited for FM and I had some big problems with 17

+ I think the skin (not necessarily UI) looks excellent, the best ever. I've seen people complain about the gradients, the capital letters in the headers etc. - I think those things look great

+ Transfer behavior feels much better, there are less suitable signings for me that are completely invisible to the rest of the league and the league above - we're in for the same players. I also notice bigger (League 1+up) clubs being in for my younger players + transfer targets for their U23s, which is good and realistic.

- Same general problems with "too many clicks" as everyone else, the team talk screen sticks out  as one thing in particular where I can't say anything but "aaah, change it!" Seriously, change it.

- Player roles are just too restrictive. I don't know what's under the hood so it might not matter that much, but when I see my best striker at 100% green for defensive forward and 50% yellow or worse for everything else, it makes me feel like he's terrible when I know he's not. I think IRL players are more versatile than FM has made out, not less versatile.

- This game produces a ton of cool team+player stats. It should do more to put the most interesting ones front and center. Last season I gave up twice as many goals on corners as the second worst team. This should be an ALERT ALERT situation, not something I'm sure was hidden behind press conferences, which (I'm sorry) will never be a part of the game I use, and I know I'm not the only one

- Morale/dressing room moves too "up and down" with results, it's always been this way, to some extent it should but I've been in close to literal win-win-win-win-loss-loss-loss-loss form all year as a midtable team and it "feels" rubberbandy. Maybe these are systems that work better with players at the higher end of the personality scale than Conference South players

- Scouting. This will be really disjointed. Every time I play a lower league game, I always say "why is there no easy, one-or-two-click option to look for the youth cast-offs from the local big clubs." And it still isn't there - obviously I can make a filter, but if I'm in say Turkey I'm not going to intuitively know who all the Istanbul clubs are. I like the new position screen a lot (if I have about half a good side I can just click on the positions I need). But like the other poster said, I think the game encourages batch-scouting and wants you to get a bunch of reports at once, but then the scout just spits them back at you in the order you asked for them? Special messages for players who obviously deserve the attention, not "2 star player, keep scouting, discard or acknowledge. 94 players left."

- I saw someone get into a Twitter row with Miles about British regen names but I actually think his central point was really good: there are, proportionally, too many Harrys and Georges, etc., and since there are so many English players in the database that you'll never have repetition, and the names have changed over the years, maybe only assigning names of  real life players under a certain age (30ish) would give you more African names, more Jordans, Haydens, Jaydens etc. Also both more and more unusual second nationalities please, for everyone really. For an example, there are a few Somali kids in English youth teams, no reason to make the chance of a player being Somali 0 instead of 0.001, no Syrians in Germany when Dahoud is a national team player, no Croatians in America when Pulisic is the national star. Seems easy to fix, seems like it will never be fixed.

Edited by Ruh Roh

1 minute ago, MoxeysTheName said:

@Neil Brock if I want to ask questions about the game, do I do it here (on this forum) or do I have to ask Miles on twitter( even though I don't have a twitter account)

Sorry for any offence

You aren't offending anyone, if you want to ask questions on the game, you are welcome to ask them here on the forums. If you feel strongly that something in the game needs to be addressed you can even open a thread on the forums. Naturally when a game is released, its all hands on deck for SI and even the mods here. A lot gets lost in the noise of a general thread like this one, and while everyone is keen to respond, the game still needs to worked on. I am sure that any concerns raised by the community are being looked at, which is why we request for a bug if a feature isn't working correctly as one. That way every potential issue is logged in the system.

Maybe this should go in bug reports, but when you click continue the calandar screen that normally shows is buggy. The workaround is if you drop down the calendar button right before you click continue it will look normal. 

When looking at scouting screen I like the idea of having the players' position charts available, I'm just not sure it works. It's very small on the screen, would much rather have their main position only. It looks much cleaner and less cluttered. 

Maybe in time I will get used to the tactics screen, but right now I just don't like it. The either/or option of having your graphical tactic or your list up is silly. The old way of having both up at the same time is much more practical. I love the graphical tactics representation, but it's useless for changing players. No one wants to do changes off the sub bench, I'm sure most people like to see their full squad. 

It's too easy to withdraw players from Internationl friendlies without any backlash. I do it all the time to keep players fresh but it's unrealistic.

This has been the case for many FM's... But i do remember a few years back players would kick up a stink if you withdrew them

Joel Robles is driving me nutty.

He doesn't want to stay as a backup keeper. I tell him he can play the cup games (as he had been anyway), and that isn't good enough. So I say fine, you can leave.

Then he says he doesn't actually want to leave, but can I go out on loan? Well no, I'd rather not because then you'll walk on a free next summer.

Then he starts mouthing off in the media about how he actually does desperately want to leave and evil old me is stopping him. Fine, you're transfer listed, **** off. I accept an offer from Copenhagen at slightly over half his listed value.

He rejects it. :mad:

17 minutes ago, ben carter said:

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/925060366568173568

Can anyone explain what "Data & game language split settings" is exactly?

It should allow you to have some parts of the game in one language and others in another - so general game text in Chinese but team and player names in English (Database stuff).

14 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Joel Robles is driving me nutty.

He doesn't want to stay as a backup keeper. I tell him he can play the cup games (as he had been anyway), and that isn't good enough. So I say fine, you can leave.

Then he says he doesn't actually want to leave, but can I go out on loan? Well no, I'd rather not because then you'll walk on a free next summer.

Then he starts mouthing off in the media about how he actually does desperately want to leave and evil old me is stopping him. Fine, you're transfer listed, **** off. I accept an offer from Copenhagen at slightly over half his listed value.

He rejects it. :mad:

First thing i did with him was ofer him out without listing him and palace bought him for 5 and half.

Been really looking forward to the new FM (As always) but have to say after a couple of hours play i think this could be the worst they've come up with.

The main issue is it's too over complicated. It takes 3/4 clicks to do something that was in front of you before:

Scouting: Don't mind the scouting budget add on but when you scouted a player before when the report dropped in your inbox it had it all there. There is a potential ability report but if you click on the player, or one of your own players, you have to go into report to see their potential ability.

Tactics screen: I can't seem to customize the view, i normally have report/condition but it won't fit on now so will have to pick team in the squad section.

Match screen: Tactics is too fiddly. Also my players are disinterested as soon as i walk into the room, options for team talk are limited. Was much easier when it went straight to opposition instructions then team talk. also at half time full time it used to go to team talk but doesn't now? When a player gets injured during a match it goes to a pitch tactics screen bur you cant see the condition of the subs, was better when it was set up vertical.

The match play looks good and it has some nice new features but overall has been over complicated.

MY editor never worked for fm17 so had to buy the ingame one and wait for years till the Oystons left Blackpool. If this one doesn't work it will be money down the drain.

7 minutes ago, louissiscool said:

First thing i did with him was ofer him out without listing him and palace bought him for 5 and half.

I disabled the first transfer window, but Palace are showing as having a minor interest so I'll try and flog him there in January.

OK, some more feedback.

INJURIES:-

Wingers seem to be super injury prone.

Ive played 7 test games with 3 different teams.

Salah - 8 weeks

Townsend - 6 Weeks

5 other wingers with 3 to 4 week injuries.

That seems too coincidental.

3D:-

Why is there a camera angle on a free kick that is from high up, zoomed in from behind the goal so you cannot see the result of the freekick.

CORNERS:-

Ok, players are just not attacking the ball when the cross comes in.

Has there been an update already? I only ask, because the calendar thing seems to be fixed as is the issue with info not appearing on the little pop up box when you hover over 'i' next to a player's name. Neither of these things were working last night. 

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Has there been an update already? I only ask, because the calendar thing seems to be fixed as is the issue with info not appearing on the little pop up box when you hover over 'i' next to a player's name. Neither of these things were working last night. 

Yeah, last page there is a copy of twitter from Miles saying Beta will be updated tonight.

I didn't think mine had but the pitch seems to have been toned down and the matches seem to look a little cleaner/run a little smoother than they did over the weekend.

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yeah, last page there is a copy of twitter from Miles saying Beta will be updated tonight.

I didn't think mine had but the pitch seems to have been toned down and the matches seem to look a little cleaner/run a little smoother than they did over the weekend.

mine still reads 18.0.1 ... so i assumed it hadn't.  Will check mine now see if these issues are gone