*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to put this in the feedback thread, but SI, utilise your BETA branch. You used it a few years ago, but havent touched it since. There are 10000s of players awaiting a patch update! You obviously have fixed some of the issues already, so why not give it to the BETA branch players who have been playing the same game since pre-release. 

You have 10000s willing to test the game for you, so use us!!

19 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Well I have never mentioned bugs. I have never mentioned when people complain that they always lose, or win. Neither the red cards or something like that. Obviously every rant seen here can not be taken into account. What I meant with the loudest noise:

• The loudest noise is that press conferences are boring and excessively long.
  • The loudest noise is that set pieces creator is crap.
  • The loudest noise is that player interactions are absurd and immersion breaker.
  • The loudest noise is that the stadiums look pathetic.
  • The loudest noise is that international management is old and obsolete.
  • The loudest noise is that the UI is bad, ugly, unintuitive and overly complicated.
  • The loudest noise is that many changes made for "immersion reasons" failed in their goal, like the removal of the time bar during matches or the weird arrangement of players during talks.

And yes, I have seen SI answers. Now go and try to find SI commenting about any of the things above, which are indeed the loudest noise since years.

All of those bullets I have to agree with. Apart from the UI. Yes it’s basic. But thankfully imo. Makes it easier for me to skin it 😁

On 22/11/2022 at 18:18, fc.cadoni said:

Since I like the original skin this year, it is time for UI/UX overhaul in next version (-s). Take a look here. Mind-blowing UI/UX overhaul with perfect examples from Piotr Kosmala.

943939228_Screenshot2022-11-22191752.thumb.png.f08410195d8ea47bff4d006d51ab52ef.png

Even I do agree the work of this guy is impressive, I must say that at least Squad/Tactic screens has to contain club colors. This way every save you play, main screens will be different, and you will really have a feel that you are in manage of that club. If the skin color is purple for example for all the clubs, it feels just like some soulless skin/app and every save would be the same - colors also can help with immersion. 

I loved for example FM 2017 flat design, where they were still using Primary color for sidebar, and secondary color for header. ( or other way, but I think they removed secondary color in recent years ) Even my screenshot is just with one color, you can really have a feel that you manage a club known for this color. 

1.png.70b24a839826d80f2f94757e03abefc3.png

Edited by Marko1989

1 hour ago, greenz81 said:

Dont want to put this in the feedback thread, but SI, utilise your BETA branch. You used it a few years ago, but havent touched it since. There are 10000s of players awaiting a patch update! You obviously have fixed some of the issues already, so why not give it to the BETA branch players who have been playing the same game since pre-release. 

You have 10000s willing to test the game for you, so use us!!

While the overall point is fine, citation very much needed on the bolded part.  I'd imagine the level of testing they'd ideally want is probably something hundreds might be willing to do, and that's being generous.

4 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

I appreciate your honesty and respect your opinion, and glad you agree communication should be better. However considering how things have played out I don't think it's fair to expect people giving feedback in the feedback thread, to report every issue they bring up, considering we're told SI look over this thread to look over common issues. Like I said before I was just sharing my  experience on the game with other users and feel I as though I explained the problems in detail and do my best to word it in a respect way. So I dont think it's fair to put me in the bracket of those who have called devs lazy. I'd love nothing more to be praising the game and SI's work, but when I'm finding  big obvious problems which kind of ruin the experience of gaming, it's hard for me to give praise

Hand on heart, I seriously don't expect if I report a bug for it to be given any serious priority and fixed before the next update as evidence shows that as users were asked to report bugs during beta and wait for full release to judge the game when the complained and nothing was done, we just got a message from SI that they're happy with the game and it will take longer to fix M.E issues though somehow  managed to find the time and technology to tweak goalkeepers.

If I go to the trouble of breaking down all the issues in the game piece by piece, by playing out a save, doing  screenshot after screenshot, doing vidoe recordings of obvious footage of broken issues in the M.E, poor transfer ai, illogical player interaction, we're talking hours of testing only for it not to be fixed it will just fester frustration and resentment which isn't healthy for anyone

Besides realistically I don't think SI will be able to fix them until the game cycle is finished considerng they only do 3 updates right. And some people have said long standing bugs in previous editions are still to this day not addressed. If at least 2-3 bugs were addressed from the beta to for full release then it would be a different story and would have reinstilled confidence in customers reproducing errors and reporting it in the game. However I look at the bug tracker and see the compliaints still lingering from a month ago and not a single of one of them from micro to macro have been fixed

Agreed. But I feel this kind of feedback is a job and should be paid. It should not be considered playing a game, you have paid money for.

4 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

I appreciate your honesty and respect your opinion, and glad you agree communication should be better. However considering how things have played out I don't think it's fair to expect people giving feedback in the feedback thread, to report every issue they bring up, considering we're told SI look over this thread to look over common issues. Like I said before I was just sharing my  experience on the game with other users and feel I as though I explained the problems in detail and do my best to word it in a respect way. So I dont think it's fair to put me in the bracket of those who have called devs lazy. I'd love nothing more to be praising the game and SI's work, but when I'm finding  big obvious problems which kind of ruin the experience of gaming, it's hard for me to give praise

Hand on heart, I seriously don't expect if I report a bug for it to be given any serious priority and fixed before the next update as evidence shows that as users were asked to report bugs during beta and wait for full release to judge the game when the complained and nothing was done, we just got a message from SI that they're happy with the game and it will take longer to fix M.E issues though somehow  managed to find the time and technology to tweak goalkeepers.

If I go to the trouble of breaking down all the issues in the game piece by piece, by playing out a save, doing  screenshot after screenshot, doing vidoe recordings of obvious footage of broken issues in the M.E, poor transfer ai, illogical player interaction, we're talking hours of testing only for it not to be fixed it will just fester frustration and resentment which isn't healthy for anyone

Besides realistically I don't think SI will be able to fix them until the game cycle is finished considerng they only do 3 updates right. And some people have said long standing bugs in previous editions are still to this day not addressed. If at least 2-3 bugs were addressed from the beta to for full release then it would be a different story and would have reinstilled confidence in customers reproducing errors and reporting it in the game. However I look at the bug tracker and see the compliaints still lingering from a month ago and not a single of one of them from micro to macro have been fixed

Let's just call it how it is, THIS GAME WAS NEVER TESTED before the BETA, if it was then its obvious the testing team needs a complete revamp. The defenders dont wanna defend.  Attackers dont wanna chase balls. Players standing still on the pitch with the ball (doing an anthony). Keepers are still horrible. If you get 10-15 shots per game only 3-4 will be on target most of the time, BUT the 1 thing thats still a thing, you're opponent will still score 90% of the time on their first shot on target.

Every year there was an ME  update when the beta was done and full release came out, so what is so different this year??? Only thing i can think of, the game was never ready for release to begin with but SI had to put something out. I might be wrong but everything i see this year points in the same direction. Why is everyone still playing it?? There is no real competition and thats for most of us the only reason. In the 90s you had a bunch of different football manager games, they have almost all gone and FM is the only 1 left standing, but by putting a game out like this i think more and more people will STOP.  SI can take this down, if they think its to harsh, but its the rock hard truth. 

22 minutes ago, LordAEM said:

Let's just call it how it is, THIS GAME WAS NEVER TESTED before the BETA, if it was then its obvious the testing team needs a complete revamp. The defenders dont wanna defend.  Attackers dont wanna chase balls. Players standing still on the pitch with the ball (doing an anthony). Keepers are still horrible. If you get 10-15 shots per game only 3-4 will be on target most of the time, BUT the 1 thing thats still a thing, you're opponent will still score 90% of the time on their first shot on target.

Every year there was an ME  update when the beta was done and full release came out, so what is so different this year??? Only thing i can think of, the game was never ready for release to begin with but SI had to put something out. I might be wrong but everything i see this year points in the same direction. Why is everyone still playing it?? There is no real competition and thats for most of us the only reason. In the 90s you had a bunch of different football manager games, they have almost all gone and FM is the only 1 left standing, but by putting a game out like this i think more and more people will STOP.  SI can take this down, if they think its to harsh, but its the rock hard truth. 

I'm personally playing it as it's probably the best ME of the series. I've really not enjoyed an ME like this since FM13. 

Sure there's a lot that needs improving in the future, player brawls, perhaps players playing with more identity. They've nailed the difference between a conference game and a premier league game for the first time which is great, and now they maybe need to look at the difference in a player with passing/vision of 15/15 and 10/11 sure. But remember, these attributes are designated to professional footballers. A 1 from a professional footballer is probably better than any of us, and players with bad passing IRL can make the odd incisive one. It doesn't mean it's a bug, it's variety,

But my word, the unpredictability, the bobble of the ball and everything else they've added this year is a complete game changer. Each game actually feels different now. Its nice to be able to play defensive football for once, and whilst I agree a couple of minor changes need making to things such as defenders and long balls... I've really not noticed them much at all and I'm 4 seasons in playing on comprehensive highlights. It's easy to add them in as a narrative to your game.

I'd much rather they kept the current ME than make long balls not a viable attacking option as an answer to dealing with it, rather than looking at defenders AI which would take more time. Minor changes can have a huge knock-on effect on other areas of the engine so it needs to be done right. In honesty, the only thing I'd be really keen for SI to do would be to enable sing previous ME's so if an update happens and you don't like it... you can use the previous engine for that years edition.

Edited by Domoboy23

21 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Well I have never mentioned bugs. I have never mentioned when people complain that they always lose, or win. Neither the red cards or something like that. Obviously every rant seen here can not be taken into account. What I meant with the loudest noise:

• The loudest noise is that press conferences are boring and excessively long.
  • The loudest noise is that set pieces creator is crap.
  • The loudest noise is that player interactions are absurd and immersion breaker.
  • The loudest noise is that the stadiums look pathetic.
  • The loudest noise is that international management is old and obsolete.
  • The loudest noise is that the UI is bad, ugly, unintuitive and overly complicated.
  • The loudest noise is that many changes made for "immersion reasons" failed in their goal, like the removal of the time bar during matches or the weird arrangement of players during talks.

And yes, I have seen SI answers. Now go and try to find SI commenting about any of the things above, which are indeed the loudest noise since years.

Most of these points are just personal opinions on the aestethics in the game. As I tried to explain earlier, its hard to do something with your feeling of the game. I dont know how to explain this any clearer than I've already done, it doesnt seem to me you take in what I say, may be a language barrier, IDK.

You cant seriously expect game devs to call a meeting and say "Okay team, today we're gonna make the set piece creator less crap, as per instructed by the noisy gang on our forums" There's just nothing to work with here, just peoples feelings.

I hope they put more effort into the game itself than the colors and palettes surrounding it. Stop making strikers run from the penalty box, out to the corner of the 18yrd box and try a header at goal, that would make me enjoy the game much more than an updated color palette on the tactics screen.

Just a quick point on set pieces.

I understand the reasons why we haven't seen a revamp or a new system for a while. There's been various exploits in the past on several versions and editions of the game with the current system we have. Add more complexity and options into that system? More potential for exploits.

People who love easy saves, easy wins and exploits enjoy this. Players who enjoy realistic saves, struggles and don't mind losing... don't. When I've known about an exploit in the past, I don't try and take advantage of it. I usually just keep the set pieces on default. But even if we score from one... I'd still feel bad and like a cheat.

I like set pieces currently. I had a side who scored 1 all season from a corner... my current side have scored 5 in the last 5 games. 

On 23/11/2022 at 10:00, DAZZ67 said:

Hi everyone,

I subscribe to most things that have been said about the ME, and am currently waiting for it to be fixed before engaging in a new save. It's really the worst ME we have seen in years imo. Also, most of the new features introduced in this year's edition, I find them purely aesthetics rather than impactful.

But I think that what makes this game less and less realistic is transfers, and I'll explain why.

1. Real club patterns are not replicated in the game. Most clubs have profiled the type of players they want in general or for specific positions. Yet in the game, you'll find the big guns battling it out for the same players, while irl they would not. You'll see PSG piling up left backs while they have Nuno Mendes, you'll see Arsenal recruiting over 30 year old players, you'll see average players from Spezia being wanted by Tottenham and MU, etc.

2. Transfer values are unrealistic. Players from second or third tier markets should be worth far less, even wonderkids. Players from Scandinavia, second tier South America, Central Europe, etc, they cannot cost anywhere above 10M€, yet you see it very often in the game. And I won't even engage in our own players' selling prices, which are a joke.

3. 90% of scouts in the game have below-par attributes. Very often you will need to revamp your scouting department because no-one has more than 10 or 12 in player profiling. For instance, Brighton is a club now revered for its scouting system, yet in the game the scouts have dreadful grades. Also Brighton is known for its advanced use of data, while in the game, their scouts have an average of 7 in data analysis...

I should point out that it's a valid point for other positions too. There must be 5 or 6 people with correct grades for loan management, 90% of directors of football have below 12 in negotiation, 90% of head of youth academies have terrible, terrible grades - look at the ones at Club Brugge, Porto, Salzburg,... all Youth League winners irl.

4. The game should give us the possibility to define the profile we want for each position and where we want to scout as 2 different things. As of now, it doesn't really work that way. Most of the times, your scouts will suggest profiles that don't fit your tactics at all, while you have asked them to, and very often out of the scouting zones you have asked. It's not realistic when you take charge of recruitment, and even worse when you delegate.

5. The notion of cycles is somehow absent as regard transfers in the game. After 3, 4, 5 or 6 years, a player or a staff member might want to test himself somewhere else. You see it sometimes, but too rarely, and not realistically imo. For instance in the game, never ever would have Michael Edwards left Liverpool, let alone for a new cycle and in a less popular club. 

6. Your scouts give too many bad suggestions, it's almost boring at times. Whatever the saves, whatever the staff members, you get the same suggestions. I begin to wonder if staff grades have any impact at all.

That alone could lead me to stop playing the game I've been playing for the last 20 years.

Yeah, very good post.

As said, the problem here is two-fold - both in the data, and then how the game AI joins it all together.

On the data, as you say for a lot of clubs, ones with specific transfer policies or have a reputation for good youth or scouting, the game doesn't really reflect it in the staff attributes. Also for a game that made it's mark largely on the back of it's comprehensive player database there are actually massive gaps in many areas. Anyone who fiddles about with the Editor knows that a lot of things - eg. transfer preferences - are for the large part left completely blank/basic/neglected and attention to detail in this area would substantially alter the FM world and AI behaviour. Now I know I know, getting hold of all this data, accurately, and making it work stably in the game takes a lot of time and effort on behalf of SI and researchers. But when you see what one or two committed passionate FM'ers can do with the "realism" editor files by taking it upon themselves to fill quite a large number of gaps, I don't think it's unfair to say that the developers could show quite a lot more focus on this.

But then the second part is, that the AI still needs to be able to take this and use it properly. As you mention, particularly in scouting and transfers it just doesn't seem to work very well. SI have introduced in recent years expansion to things like manager tendencies/traits, and club philosophies, but you still see them acting in total contrast to what their in game profiles suggest, and maybe more importantly as to how they go about things in real life.

35 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

This is definitely a thing then.

That's brilliant. Reminds me of the bug that can sometimes affect caretaker managers - I think there was a 200 years into the future experiment last year where a caretaker manager was in charge of a club for over 100 years.  This feels like the result of a very similar coding error.

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

I'm fairly sure there were suggestions on how to actually improve the set-piece creator.

Stadiums do look awful, and that is a fact. They're neither good looking, nor realistic. People have also pointed out the reasons why.

Press conferences are tedious, which is why I just assign them to my assistant. You can't expect to put realism in here, as in the real life you do press conferences once, maybe twice a week as a manager, not every 10-20minutes (depending on how fast you go through the game). Again, they should focus on making certain areas more realistic, while gamifying other areas, like press conferences, player interactions, etc. The excuse that "journalist questions are repetitive and boring in real life as well" shouldn't even be used.

International management is yet another thing that's not a "personal opinion on the aesthetics". 

And to further add to the immersion topic, again, certain areas absolutely should be immersive and realistic, but I feel that SI doesn't choose the right areas. What should be realistic and immersive is the match experience, stadiums, tactics and the ME, graphics, transfer AI, squad building AI, etc. and not things like removing the time bar, repetitive and boring press conferences, introducing squad planner that's just barebones, and doesn't even work properly, the team talk screen (this could add immersion, butto it's just so poorly done, that it really doesn't), match UI, etc. 

I'm not sure my points are getting through here, all of these things you mention are valid points, but none of them can be given an answer to as to when will "be fixed", which is what I was reacting to. "Why wont SI say when press conferences will stop being tedious" is another case of feelings, there's nothing specific in there to change. It seems very weird to me that the same people have the same complaints in the same thread even after being told what they can do about it and having refused to do so. I've seen the same people been given the same response to the same question 5 times, and yet keep saying their questions dont get answered, it's like a running joke here.

2 hours ago, (sic) said:

What should be realistic and immersive is the match experience, stadiums, tactics and the ME, graphics, transfer AI, squad building AI, etc. and not things like removing the time bar, repetitive and boring press conferences, introducing squad planner that's just barebones, and doesn't even work properly, the team talk screen (this could add immersion, but it's just so poorly done, that it really doesn't), match UI, etc. 

Yes! Absolutely! And in order to get the best we can of this people need to use the bugtracker or at least post some examples so others can raise a ticket for them. Maybe its just too confusing for people to have both the bugtracker and the feedback thread, it sure seems to be a lot of confusion here, we dont disagree on the points, we disagree that they havent been responded to and how to give constructive criticism and dont just say things like "fix the set piece creator being crap" or "the red card after 1 minute bug", there's simply no content there to work with.

I just started playing FM23 (been playing Football manager since the forever). The first save-game is with Aston Villa. For the fun of it i just tried to sign Paul Mullin (striker from Wrexham). I have been following the  tv series about Wrexham :) Imagine my shock when he refused to even start to discuss contract terms with my team! 

It actually bothered me so much that I chose to create a fictitious manager who took over FC Barcelona. Then with Barcelona, I tried to sign him again and got the same answer. He doesn't even want to discuss a contract!?!? So unrealistic.

Very often referees seem to have awful ratings in matches involving my team (not necessarily harming my team)  like 4 or 5 (sometimes 3...) while they generally tend to have decent ratings in other matches (I can tell by checking referee's profile). Wonder if other people have experienced the same or maybe it's related to the tactics I use (usually intense pressing + tackle hard often resulting in above average number of cards for both my team and my opponents)?

8 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Squad Planner is the thing that is frustrating me at the moment - it's like that 5 star potential youth intake player that turns out to be useless because of the attribute spread.  Squad depth was always a really useful feature and the idea behind squad planner of taking that and allowing you to customise the order and project into the future is a really  good one. However, it currently feels a bit half-baked.  It's missing the ease of use on player inclusion that squad depth has and feels a bit over-fussy in the way it operates.  I'm hoping that it gets a more refined and incorporates the full functionality of the old squad depth screen.  If that's going to take a while to do I'd like the old squad depth page to be added back in so people still have that option while the squad planner is perfected.

+1 for this. Haven't played since~ FM17/FM18.

Started playing FM23 a lot since the beta came out.

Managed to find it when going through the U21 and U18 teams.

Much prefer squad depth to squad planner.

Bring back squad depth while working on the squad planner if needs be.

Edited by muzza_m

12 hours ago, forameuss said:

While the overall point is fine, citation very much needed on the bolded part.  I'd imagine the level of testing they'd ideally want is probably something hundreds might be willing to do, and that's being generous.

What does that even mean? SI have a beta branch?! Why answer a question that hasn’t been answered?! Beta branch! Use it! 

7 hours ago, greenz81 said:

What does that even mean? SI have a beta branch?! Why answer a question that hasn’t been answered?! Beta branch! Use it! 

Posting again since you missed it both times it was mentioned: They utilized on a widespread scale before, for a whole release. These 10000s of testers never turned up. Not only did so few actually back up their words, even less wrote any kind of useful bug reports. So they haven't done it since as it was a waste of time and resources, and instead expanded the list of closed testers selected based on their history of creating reports

I think the AI having too older squads bug has been drastically exaggerated. Here is AI managed MUFC in 2028. Only 3 players over 30 in their whole squad and their main striker in a 20 year old Mexican Wonderkid.

Although i have loaded all main leagues from the world. I suspect it might be an issue only when not enough leagues are loaded and the AI don;t have where to buy players from.

image.thumb.png.ca803bea5080e9e2dad4c24afb207c7d.png

This guy has 38 appearances at 20 years old for Mexico.

image.thumb.png.1889614f9f63d1e9c661e154d77f4d64.png

Edited by andu1

31 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I think the AI having too older squads bug has been drastically exaggerated. Here is AI managed MUFC in 2028. Only 3 players over 30 in their whole squad and their main striker in a 20 year old Mexican Wonderkid.

Although i have loaded all main leagues from the world. I suspect it might be an issue only when not enough leagues are loaded and the AI don;t have where to buy players from.

image.thumb.png.ca803bea5080e9e2dad4c24afb207c7d.png

This guy has 38 appearances at 20 years old for Mexico.

image.thumb.png.1889614f9f63d1e9c661e154d77f4d64.png

I see only 3 players under 25 in the matchsquad which is I would say ok, most of the team are in their prime( 26 - 29).

It's not actual bug of AI behavior and squad building, but about youngsters don't increase their reputation (eg. youth awards) in order to being pick up from AI.

It's more like database issue with youth awards (World Reputation Gaining)

Young Reputation directly affects national squads and high rep. teams pick ups (with side affect of developing, since playing competitive games helps for development)

Edited by fc.cadoni

2 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

It's not actual bug of AI behavior and squad building, but about youngsters don't increase their reputation (eg. youth awards) in order to being pick up from AI.

It's more like database issue with youth awards (World Reputation Gaining)

Young Reputation directly affects national squads and high rep. teams pick ups (with side affect of developing, since playing competitive games helps for development)

Yeah, this could be the issue as i found the AI in this version more than capable on identifying and buying good youngsters. A couple of tweaks to their reputation could improve even better their squad selection. ( Not sure if it's something that can be done with the pre-game editor, to increase youth awards reputation? )

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

Yeah, this could be the issue as i found the AI in this version more than capable on identifying and buying good youngsters. A couple of tweaks to their reputation could improve even better their squad selection. ( Not sure if it's something that can be done with the pre-game editor, to increase youth awards reputation? )

It can be done via Pre-Game Editor.

Here an example about Youth Award with at least World Reputation gaining 100. One it's from France and the second is from Israel. Hard to imagine that a Youth Award from Israel having bigger affect from any other Top-5 in EU (exc. France).

1.thumb.png.773fe288f3912a53f426322622fc18a5.png

The tweaks in World Rep. of Youth Awards will help.

When do you expect the next major update to come out?  They said it would come out at least before Christmas, but I think it's too late.  Considering that there was no update at the official release, it should come out at least within the first week of December.

7 dakika önce, Choi seung won said:

When do you expect the next major update to come out?  They said it would come out at least before Christmas, but I think it's too late.  Considering that there was no update at the official release, it should come out at least within the first week of December.

My guess is there will be a minor update (that only includes technical issues) next week and a major update (includes ME) the week after that. Of course just guessing.

AI managers seem very passive in the transfer market.

2nd season playing as Spurs and Hojbjerg wants a new contract and much as I love him he isnt getting 270k a week after being a 20 game squad player last season. So Newcastle jump in with a £67m offer, so with my 40m budget and that I think why not try and get Bellingham. 

Madrid and PSG then come in with offers for Hojbjerg too, but none of the AI who seemingly wanting a midfielder think to battle me for Bellingham as Id think he'd turn me down in favour of at least one of those clubs.

Surely this is where the AI going on reputation just makes the game far too easy, as in previous years they'd swoop in and take Bellingham?

Also the salary Hojbjerg is after is ridiculous too, its forced my hand and rather than happily carry on with him as a squad player Im forced to sell as he's instantly unhappy and 24 players agree with him.  For me this is why a lot of players can start with the best of intentions to grow organically but the ridiculous AI means you have a choice between realistic growth or being handed unrealistic upgrades without any competition as its very hard to resist!

Edited by dunk105

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is there a way to get players to actually cross first time, and when they do not just a floating ball to the back post for a static attacker to head it? Where are the first time crosses? The near post driven balls? 

Found this year early crosses seems to actually do something so worth trying if you havent, I still get players turning back in but put that down to one footedness and using work into box. Although still find wingbacks dont cross as much as Id like.

In my current 442 tactic my RM winger on attack crosses often. Without doubling back. He’s right footed. My right footed IW on support, playing LM crosses often, but he mostly doubles back.

Which makes perfect sense.

My right footed RB on FB support and left footed LB on FB support cross enough but both mostly double back when crossing. Which, when on an overlap, is slightly frustrating as that extra time taken to double back gives defenders extra time to get back into a better position. Also seems weird, as being on the correct flank for footedness, it doesn’t make much sense to double back.

Fairly confident there is a tactical tweak I could make to my FB’s, but not sure what. Will try training “crosses early” to see if that helps.

Please take out the pure cringe press conference answer of ''I almosted busted out some dance moves in response'' and ''I'm not angry just disappointed'' in team talk. No self respecting manager has ever said this in irl, it just comes across as some old dad trying to be hip and a failed limp attempt at displicining toddlers who they lost control of, during team talk.

Edited by Ferocious289

To add to the further frustration of press conferences being dull and a chore, I have just played a winger at left back and instead of any questions about the win i get 6!!! questions about playing that p;layer at left back

On 25/11/2022 at 15:35, LordAEM said:

Well a lot of this is hyperbolic nonsense.

6 hours ago, Choi seung won said:

Last year with the game coming out the same date like this year the first major update came out on 7th of December so maybe close to that date?

patch.png.7bef5415f4007c5b6d59c87c110026d8.png

There is also players who change their nationalities to a another without any sense, just a few examples:

Yuri Berchiche, vasc and spanish to Argelian.
Marc Cardona, spanish to maltese.

Edited by ostkiz

My experience managing an amateur (and then semi-pro) club has been mostly fun with some annoying bits:

1. We were promoted, turned semi-pro, and my club reputation declined. That made me buy the editor.
  2. My non-contract amateur players attract a lot of interest from other clubs, which is logical. What's annoying is that they usually reject those other clubs, so I am getting bombarded with incessant "Club Y make Player X offer" messages followed by "Player X rejects Club Y" messages. Some players have gone through this offer/reject cycle over a dozen times this offseason. It's gotten to the point where I just want to release all of my amateurs and stick with contracted players only.
  3. My club turned semi-pro after we won promotion. Every staff member I was allowed to recruit demanded a professional contract, which is logical. What's annoying is that my club offered me an amateur contract renewal and wouldn't entertain the idea of anything more. So now I'm the lowest paid staff member at my club. This is obviously a minor thing, but it's illogical and somewhat immersion-breaking. Boards shouldn't be lowballing successful managers, or worse, making them volunteer while everyone else gets paid.