How many leagues do you load? (Benchmark Thread Research)

In preparation for the FM22 Performance Benchmarking Thread i'm looking to find the most typical game setup to use for one of the benchmarks to test.

The FM21 Benchmark thread can be found here

My own setup for the beta is as follows-

England - All leagues

Ireland - All Leagues

Scotland - All Leagues

Northern Ireland - All Leagues

Spain - Tier 1-2

Italy - Tier 1-2

Germany - Tier 1-2

France - Tier 1 only

If you could post your setup in the following format that would be much appreciated  :)

My Setup, based on the above-

• Nations - 8
  • Leagues - 22
  • Player Database - Small

Hopefully in the 2 weeks between now and the full release I can get a good idea of what a typical setup looks like (unless someone at SI is able to tell me :) )

Edited by Brother Ben
Added Database Size

Spain - Tier 1-4

Italy - Tier 1-2

England - Tier 1-4

France - Tier 1-2

Germany - Tier 1-3

Denmark - Tier 1-3

Holland - Tier 1-2

Croatia - Tier 1-2

Greece - Tier 1

N Ireland - Tier 1

Norway - Tier 1

Poland - Tier 1-2

Portugal - Tier 1 

Brazil - Tier 1

Colombia - Tier 1

Scotland - Tier 1-3

Sweden - Tier 1-2

Wales - Tier 1

Turkey - Tier 1

My Setup-

• Nations - 19
  • Leagues - 37

Edited by Domoboy23

Beta:

Poland - All leagues

Austria - All leagues

Netherlands - All leagues

Slovenia - All leagues

Slovakia - All leagues

Serbia - Tier 1

My Setup-

• Nations - 6
  • Leagues - 11

For Full Release It Will Probably Be Something Like This:

Poland - All leagues (tier 1-4)

Russia - All leagues (tier 1-3)

Ukraine - All leagues

Romania - Tier 1-2

Slovakia - Tier 1

Finland - Tier 1

Cyprus - All leagues (Tier 1-2)

My Setup-

• Nations - 7
  • Leagues - 15

Edited by RealSmokePL

This is what I am thinking, with nations and leagues added/removed depending on where I am. However, last year I had trouble loading saves if there was too many people loaded.

Sweden - Tier 1-4

Austria - Tier 1

Belgium - Tier 1

Brazil - Tier 1-3

Denmark - Tier 1-4

England - Tier 1-2

France - Tier 1-2

Germany - Tier 1-2

Holland - Tier 1

Italy - Tier 1-3

Norway - Tier 1-4

Portugal - Tier 1-4

Russia - Tier 1-2

Spain - Tier 1-4

Nations: 14

Leagues: 37

DB: Large

Typically, I go with 8-10 nations, 16-20 leagues, custom DB of around 50,000 players. Usually, I only add the major nations/leagues from Europe but add players "of national reputation" from South America. If I'm playing non-league in the UK I add leagues down to Tier 6 as well as lower-leagues in neighbouring countries.

Australia - A league

Austria - top 2

Belgium - top 3

Bulgaria - top league

China - top 2

Croatia - top 2

Czech Rep - top 2

Denmark - top 4

England - down to vanarama north/south

Finland - top 2

France - top 3

Germany - top 3

Greece - top 2

Hungary - top 2

Iceland - top 2

Israel - top league

Italy - top 3

Netherlands - top 2

Norway - top 2

Poland - top 2

Portugal - top 2

Romania - top 2

Russia - top 2

Scotland - all leagues

Serbia - top 2

Slovakia - top 2

Slovenia - top 2

Spain - all leagues

Sweden - top 2

Switzerland - top 2

Turkey - top 2

USA - MLS

Ukraine - top 2

Large DB with a custom setting of all South America options loaded.   I sometimes load South Africa aswell, and a few others, but that list is always the base setting at a minimum.

Edited by ChelseaSince86

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

show off!  ;)

What PC have you got currently?

Nothing special.  AMD FX 8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core Processor / 16gb RAM.

Thing is, I have always played all leagues and this is the best PC I've had, so it feels fast compared to my old machines.

Edited by Junkhead

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Nothing special.  AMD FX 8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core Processor / 16gb RAM.

Thing is, I have always played all leagues and this is the best PC I've had, so it feels fast compared to my old machines.

I'm kind of surprised that doesn't completely snare up after a while with a database that large!

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I'm kind of surprised that doesn't completely snare up after a while with a database that large!

It's actually fine, genuinely. Takes me a while to get through seasons but it's not a big deal. That being said, I haven't played beyond 6 seasons for the last couple of versions.

Can anyone help me out with this one.

I own a 16” MacBook Pro 2019 (2.6 GHz 6-Core i7, 16G RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M, 500G SSD)

I recently acquired from work the following:

Dell Precision 7730 17” (2.90 GHz 6-Core i9-8950HK, 32G RAM, Radeon Pro WX 4150, 500G SSD)

With the Mac I run about 25 leagues from 22 nations with a large DB.

Granted the fans kick on now and again and it gets warm sometimes, but I get 5 star graphics ratings and recommended very high settings and I get 2 stars for predicted game speed with that league setup. Also it wizzes through game time no problem.

I figured the Dell would be a step up for FM, but with the same setup I get 3 stars and medium recommended for graphics, and 1.5 stars for games speed, with the same league setup. Also you can fry an egg on it and the fans ramp up a lot. It seems slower running through game time too.

I figured on that spec of windows laptop being a noticeable upgrade. Whats the logic behind the i9 not being quicker than the i7 and is the WX4150 a weaker graphics card?

Not trying to be clever here, just very inexperienced on Windows gaming. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Ajax_Barcelona_Cruyff said:

Can anyone help me out with this one.

I own a 16” MacBook Pro 2019 (2.6 GHz 6-Core i7, 16G RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M, 500G SSD)

I recently acquired from work the following:

Dell Precision 7730 17” (2.90 GHz 6-Core i9-8950HK, 32G RAM, Radeon Pro WX 4150, 500G SSD)

With the Mac I run about 25 leagues from 22 nations with a large DB.

Granted the fans kick on now and again and it gets warm sometimes, but I get 5 star graphics ratings and recommended very high settings and I get 2 stars for predicted game speed with that league setup. Also it wizzes through game time no problem.

I figured the Dell would be a step up for FM, but with the same setup I get 3 stars and medium recommended for graphics, and 1.5 stars for games speed, with the same league setup. Also you can fry an egg on it and the fans ramp up a lot. It seems slower running through game time too.

I figured on that spec of windows laptop being a noticeable upgrade. Whats the logic behind the i9 not being quicker than the i7 and is the WX4150 a weaker graphics card?

Not trying to be clever here, just very inexperienced on Windows gaming. Thanks.

Based on the info I can see, the graphics card in the Mac is actually quite a lot better than the one in the Dell.  The WX 4150 seems to be quite weak, where as the RX 5300M is roughly equivalent to a GeForce 1650, which is a fairly modern and quite capable graphics card.

In terms of the CPU, the CPU in the Dell should be a bit better than the i7 in the Mac, but they're very close.

My core setup is Europe centric with Brazil and Argentina added and mostly based on real world transfer movement and league standings per Transfermarkt data.

My setup:

• Nations - 21
  • Leagues - 30
  • Player Database - Custom (Large +)

Player total is about 94,000.

Edited by Powermonger

For my beta save, I just want a quick test drive playing with Flamengo. I typically play different journeyman scenarios, for example: all UK leagues, or, all European leagues, or a mix of global top nations, etc.

image.thumb.png.5046cf2e18b3b3c12c2b65d8e96b921b.png

Haven't started an FM22 save yet, waiting for the editor, but my last FM save was...

Nations: 63
Leagues: 81
Database: Custom

Approx player count: 207,000

FM22 will probably be more once I'm finished adding leagues to it!

Edited by rusty217

My FM21 Nation List on Apple M1. Will likely replicate this on FM22. Maybe swap some 2nd tier leagues for another top flight of a country.

Detail level for domestic and international competitions set to “Senior Competitive Matches”

1936D414-FBD8-46F4-9D43-F4C73EE8480B.jpeg

Edited by Harper

21 minutes ago, Harper said:

My FM21 Nation List on Apple M1. Will likely replicate this on FM22. Maybe swap some 2nd tier leagues for another top flight of a country.

Detail level for domestic and international competitions set to “Senior Competitive Matches”

1936D414-FBD8-46F4-9D43-F4C73EE8480B.jpeg

Interesting setup, that level of detail must be a killer on the quickness of the game?

10 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Interesting setup, that level of detail must be a killer on the quickness of the game?

Six seasons in, I’ve noticed match days and transfer deadline days taking a little longer to progress than they did in the first season. It’s still better than my FM20 set up on my previous machine with fewer nations/leagues and lower detail level.

I load all the leagues on View Only for every save. If I'm doing "one club" I load that full league and about 80-100k players from leagues around the world. That includes the major countries from the continent I'm playing in, some form south america, some from africa, and places that generate players I might want to acquire in the future. I want to have a lot of players but I want my game to move and a good speed. If you add them in "custom setup" it saves you a lot of processing time that "playable" creates. I highly reccomend this!

Edited by McBride

Need some advice, I usually load every possible league as I do a journeyman and like the immersion of it all.
This year, I am thinking I’ll do a one club save.

If I were to load just a hand full of leagues and load all players possible in a custom database I think I would save a lot of time in processing speeds but all squads would still be filled out?

Other than not being able to view the unselected leagues or manage in them is there any other big trade off I’d be making for a quicker speed? 

8 minutes ago, haslertweets said:

Need some advice, I usually load every possible league as I do a journeyman and like the immersion of it all.
This year, I am thinking I’ll do a one club save.

If I were to load just a hand full of leagues and load all players possible in a custom database I think I would save a lot of time in processing speeds but all squads would still be filled out?

Other than not being able to view the unselected leagues or manage in them is there any other big trade off I’d be making for a quicker speed? 

I would guess that without the leagues active there would be less youth intake at these clubs?

Maybe running as view only for all other leagues would help?

@Daveincid is the man for this question

edit -

Ask here

Edited by Brother Ben

Dort think too much about setting up a game. If you want to play a save really long dont use more than 60k players. If you want play only 3 seasons load every league. It makes your life easier :)

Edited by Conardo

My regular career save set up is as follows:

England - 4 Leagues, France 2, Germany 2, Holland 2, Italy 2, Portugal 2, Scotland 2, Spain 2, Belgium 2, Austria 1, Denmark 1, Norway 1, Greece 1, Switzerland 1, Sweden 1, Turkey 1, Argentina 1, Brazil 1.

18 Nations, 29 Leagues (all above playable), with Small Database.

Game speed indicated at 2 Stars.

I leave Detail Settings at Default and do not make any changes via the advanced database option.

PC is i7-7700 @ 3.60 GHz, 16GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050

43 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I wonder if creating a Poll topic would be easier to get the info you need and visualise the results?

I did think about that but the criteria is a bit too broad.  ill write down the average when the time comes, discounting those who run everything as we have a test for that already

15 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I did think about that but the criteria is a bit too broad.  ill write down the average when the time comes, discounting those who run everything as we have a test for that already

Makes sense. Looking forward to the next iteration of the test and a good idea to have a new test that can cover an average game setup.

1 minute ago, Powermonger said:

Makes sense. Looking forward to the next iteration of the test and a good idea to have a new test that can cover an average game setup.

Definitely.

I'd love it though if SI could tell me definitively what it is as I'm guessing they do know 

For my FM21 journeyman it was all five British and Irish leagues with every division, then the top division from the seven top European leagues.  So 25 divisions from 12 nations.  All playable/full detail.

My PC isn't  the most modern and has struggled toward the end of FM21's cycle so I'll reduce the numbers and/or detail level for FM22.

What we are missing here and it was touched on briefly.

How many seasons does everyone play?

I play 100 seasons.

Full playable all tiers

England 

Ireland

Spain

Portugal

France

Germany

Italy

Wales

Scotland

2nd tier non playable

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Uruguay

Russia

China

Japan

Db large

After 100 seasons it's like walking backwards through a sandpit.

And the game doesn't age well theres not any economies of scale or nation emerging.

But I hear that has changed a little for fm22

As someone here said you can load every league and tier and large database if you only play 5 seasons.

I play more for monetary pleasures. Turning poor clubs into the richest clubs.

For instance it took me 77 seasons to overtake Barcelona as the richest clubs with Novara.

Edited by Smurf

I have a Macbook Pro (2.3GHz i5, 8GB RAM) from late 2018 and this is what I usually load.

436229758_Screenshot2021-11-03at23_33_22.thumb.jpg.1962450e98d04bd0a344e9b5f916af04.jpg

Most divisions playable from the big 5 leagues. Play/view-only for second-tier leagues like Russia, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands. View-only for smaller Euro leagues that have teams in CL most years. Play/view-only for Argentina and Brazil so I can buy their players. View-only for USA/Mexico as the next biggest leagues for completion.

Large DB + 'Players from top clubs' in Europe, Africa, Asia, S.America.

Detail level is everything for the league I'm playing in, usually limited to top leagues and cups in most other nations, and zero in the smallest leagues.

So with this setup, a week holiday (17-08 to 24-08) takes me 9min 58.23

For comparison, with this more basic setup shown below (with default detail and just large DB) a week-long holiday (17-08 to 24-08) takes me 1min 39.92

1867620203_Screenshot2021-11-04at00_27_57.thumb.png.daf7fa090e0dd0fa9d37eb4b1d1ec2ee.png

I've always stuck to no-more than 8 nations loaded.  No real reason.  Then number of leagues tends to depend on which team I intend to start with and which nations are loaded.

Nations - 8
Leagues - 16-20
Player Database - Custom: Large + all players with continental reputation in all continents