Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

16 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Can anyone give me a real life player/team that plays/uses a wide center back with a attack duty? Just curious to see some videos do know how it works... 

Sheff Utd. They tend to overlap the wing backs causing overloads on either wing

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Very underwhelmed. Think I'll give this version a miss and hope 23 has some features other than a reskin of data and a new CB role.  Not spending £50 on a new CB role and database update

I agree in a way but this happens every year with small drops of feature changes/enhancements from first announcement to open beta.

Not sure how you can make a decision to give a release a miss when you dont what's in it yet but your choice

Can't wait to try a 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 / 3-4-2-1 with the new DC role.

Many IRL teams have adopted the 3 at the back system some with more success than others, like Inter winning the Seria A with a 3-5-2/5-3-2 or Chelsea winning the UCL with 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 systems which were very hard to replicate due to DC's static movement at the back.  I can think of a few more like Atalanta's Gasperini, Leipzig, Dortmund under Favre , The German national team, Atletico Madrid have used over the last 6 months a 3-5-2/5-3-2 and surely there are others too.

Hi,

is the wcb only available in a back 3? Like the libero.

i really need my cb’s to get higher up thepitch in a possession based 4-3-3 or at least one of them.

kinda when like liverpool when they play against low blocks. Where the lcb stays back and the rcb pushes up but they both cover for there wb’s and the cm’s drop in as the available passing option

39 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game to be perfectly designed to their exact specifications. 

I understand your sarcasm but year to year improvement in game mechanics and features should be expected as a bare-minimum otherwise we're been sold the same guff year-upon-year for the same price (sometimes increased) for 

no specific reason when you'll inevitably get a DB update which is fan-made free of charge.

There's a section dedicated to improvement suggestions which people who enjoy the game spend their own time constructing suggestions for the devs to consider.

Adding further statistics and a position role to a game seems plain lazy...

I'll wait for this to pop up on CDKeys for pennies.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game to be perfectly designed to their exact specifications. 

In any other game series that I can think of, the first information or trailer gives the big headline features of the new game. It is specifically done this way to generate the maximum amount of pre-orders possible. 

FM doesn't do this, it relies on the fact there is no viable alternative because CM/FM has done such a good job in the past to kill any opposition and on FM fans buying the game every year as we know what to expect now - a few little features and a data update. There are no big headline features anymore, what more can the game do? 

What do you expect the game to introduce as next big feature? If the game improves UX, few new features (data hub and new role is massive in my eyes due to how I play) and improves ME it is an instant preorder for me. 50 euros for something I will play for more than 500 hrs and enjoy doing that? Yep.

11 hours ago, Platinum said:

I noticed this too but I think its just video editing. I dont think in and out of possession tactics would be presented like that. Besides we already have the ability to make out of possession tactics via player/position roles and instructions. 

You are able to make out of possession tactics, basically how you set up your formation determines your defensive shape. However, it's a lot harder, sometimes impossible, to morph that same defensive formation into a different offensive formation, like many teams IRL do.

It would be amazing if they introduced this feature, but even then I'd still feel like tactics creator would need a huge revamp.

Overall, like every year, people will be disappointed that they are being charged full price for a database update and some minor tweaks. And every year people are defending SI claiming you have to wait for the full release to see everything new that's added in the game. Both sides are right and wrong at the same time.

The fact this is simply a teaser is to get people talking about it - done. Now, assuming there's some significant improvements, everyone will be happier than they are now. 

Whilst I don't want to give SI a pass, this game, like the tail-end of FM21, will have been made in the most difficult of circumstances. Despite this, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more from them than the trailer, and indeed (especially?) in FM23. 

I'll be buying it as per usual, but I would like to know if Touch will be included with Full Fat again.

ITT: lots of people not understanding what a teaser is.

This was just a few nuggets of information to whet the appetite. A month from now, after all of the features have been revealed, if you want to make a judgment on how much has been improved then feel free, but doing so based off a minute-long teaser is asinine.

There was only one new thing in it, right?

The "Data Hub" is just a new way of viewing what we already have and... maybe let's see if the recruitment bit has been improved or whether it's just re-ordered.

I think if you had more ammunition you'd have put it here but... you also can't release a teaser video that's just "Well, we fixed a load of stuff that was a bit off", so let's hope.

4 hours ago, andu1 said:

Can't wait to try a 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 / 3-4-2-1 with the new DC role.

Many IRL teams have adopted the 3 at the back system some with more success than others, like Inter winning the Seria A with a 3-5-2/5-3-2 or Chelsea winning the UCL with 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 systems which were very hard to replicate due to DC's static movement at the back.  I can think of a few more like Atalanta's Gasperini, Leipzig, Dortmund under Favre , The German national team, Atletico Madrid have used over the last 6 months a 3-5-2/5-3-2 and surely there are others too.

Agreed... looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new wide central defender role. A lot will depend on what "hard coding" there is under the hood. Maybe we will be able to see Rudiger like surging runs from the back and Azpi getting forward to attack/cross etc from DC.... Current roles and ME made it impossible to create 3 at the back, possession based tactic like Tuchel deploys at Chelsea. Hopefully FM22 will make this possible with Tuchel/AI also playing 3 at the back with Chelsea - this would presumably require a change to Tuchels preferred formation which is currently 433 DM wide....Hopefully "little" changes like this are not overlooked by SI.... Fingers crossed...

Edited by mhaffy

Looking forward to this years release, but really hope the AI managers get a bit of a overhaul in their selection in tactics and team picking, bit more variety and would love to see more in possession and out of possession tactics, and maybe a set piece coach.

I cant wait for it though, loving the data hub.  

3 hours ago, MasterKano said:

Adding further statistics and a position role to a game seems plain lazy...

If that's the only difference from last year's game, you may have a point. It won't be though. And deep down you know it too. Get the moans in early though, that's the spirit. 

I'm interested to see what else gets announced in the coming weeks and I'm sure there'll be some interesting additions as well as some that aren't so. Overall, I'm sure it'll be a decent investment given how many hours we all sink into it and I'm fairly certain I'll be happy to buy FM22 (although I might wait a couple of months after launch this year).

That said, the addition of a Data Hub does absolutely nothing for me personally.

35 minutes ago, prot651 said:

3D looks nothing new . Same old stadiums .. yawn .. The game and the  game play needs a shot in the arm along with the stadiums and visuals . 

Same ugly stadiums for 3 or 4 years straight...someone make it make sense 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If that's the only difference from last year's game, you may have a point. It won't be though. And deep down you know it too. Get the moans in early though, that's the spirit. 

But equally you can't exactly say "Oh look at everyone moaning" when their first teaser video shows one new feature and a couple of re-designed sections.

Like... it's video #1, you can give us a bit more if more actually exists!

Just now, davehanson said:

The headline feature has been revealed: Women's Football.

That's only a headline feature if you want to manage in the women's game. That's pretty useless if you don't. 

I'm pleased it's finally there because the women's game is growing all the time and the quality is improving each year. FIFA did this a couple of years ago and it didn't really take off. 

First of all, a teaser trailer is what the name indicated is to tease the audience to get excited. Normally, by definition it is not a rule to show the big features. But what the normally companies do is give a tease of some of the new features, to have people excited for the new version product.

For me these aren't "features", they are enhancements/improvements/updates (whateve you want to call them) to features that already existing in the game.

For me I don't exactly saw anything to get excited about. The teaser trailer, failed to tease me. Let's not forget that in my country it is a game that has a 50 euros price tag with the discount. It is a lot of money for what I considered an enhancement/improvements/updates, for me a "new feature" is and will be introduction to the woman's football when it will make its debut in couple of years... hopefully.

Also since the enhancements for the editor, will not be release before the game is launched(if they are release at all, as some years Si doesn't really bother make announcements on that). I have to patiently wait for those. Also the scandalous issues on FM21editor on launch, has make me wonder why will I bother on any new game on launch ever again, if a can't only use a FM feature, which are normally fixed a month or two after release. Why do I should I really bother? That makes me wondering if I should revoke one of exceptions - FM - to one of my rule for video games. Pre-order is a waste of time for playing a launch-day bug infested version.

Edited by grade

19 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The feature headlines for FM22 hasn't been revealed yet. That comes some time after teaser trailers. Thanks.

If there is a bigger headline feature than women's football being introduced, what is the cost of FM22 on Shopto - £25? I will donate that amount of money to a charity of your choice.

1 minute ago, davehanson said:

If there is a bigger headline feature than women's football being introduced, what is the cost of FM22 on Shopto - £25? I will donate that amount of money to a charity of your choice.

Like I said - feature headlines for FM22 have not been released. That is to come. Women's football isn't in FM22, so cannot compete against any FM22 feature.

19 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Awesome teaser, got me well and truly excited.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Loving the new data visualisation push for FM22, looking much slicker. Seems there is a new comparison radar chart also?

Im not being facecious, I must have missed something though. From what youve seen so far, what exactly has got you truly excited?

Skimmed through the topic, sorry if this has been posted before.

My biggest wish for tactics would be some sort of dynamic instructions for multiple players with same roles.

For example, addition of wide CBs is perfect for this and something that happens a lot in actual games.

Let's say that if the ball is on the right side and I want RCB to also join the attack. RCB goes all the way up to like 30m from other team's goal.
In that scenario I wouldn't want LCB to push higher up than central CB. That already works. But only if it's always RCB going up and LCB staying back via manual instructions. When the ball goes to the left side, LCB would still stay back.

I'd want some kind of if/when function.
If RCB is more than let's say 20m higher than central CB when team has the ball, LCB automatically gets "hold position" instruction and vice versa.
And when one of the side backs is all the way up, other one and central CB shift a bit to cover space better.

Same goes for fullbacks or even midfield trios in some situations.

31 minutes ago, grade said:

First of all, a teaser trailer is what the name indicated is to tease the audience to get excited. Normally, by definition it is not a rule to show the big features. But what the normally companies do is give a tease of some of the new features, to have people excited for the new version product.

For me these aren't "features", they are enhancements/improvements/updates (whateve you want to call them) to features that already existing in the game.

For me I don't exactly saw anything to get excited about. The teaser trailer, failed to tease me. Let's not forget that in my country it is a game that has a 50 euros price tag with the discount. It is a lot of money for what I considered an enhancement/improvements/updates, for me a "new feature" is and will be introduction to the woman's football when it will make its debut in couple of years... hopefully.

Also since the enhancements for the editor, will not be release before the game is launched(if they are release at all, as some years Si doesn't really bother make announcements on that). I have to patiently wait for those. Also the scandalous issues on FM21editor on launch, has make me wonder why will I bother on any new game on launch ever again, if a can't only use a FM feature, which are normally fixed a month or two after release. Why do I should I really bother? That makes me wondering if I should revoke one of exceptions - FM - to one of my rule for video games. Pre-order is a waste of time for playing a launch-day bug infested version.

That's a well written response to it tbh. Nothing teased me about the video (CM veteran from 1994 here). These releases are becoming something of an anti climax now. Please don't bother with the 'these arent all the features response', mods. If there are better features than shown in the 'teaser', your marketing department need a rocket on their chairs.

ME looks identitical. I probsbly missed the 652 new player animations that will get spouted. Graphics still look outdated, vastly. No mention of the joke that is VAR decisions in the game. But at least we have another centre back option to choose. Anopther of Covids casualities. Most office based jobs have actually excelled from remote working. Is this is the endevaour of the SI team working from home, I would be expecing them to be more in the office going forward. Fingers crossed that your marketing department are poor and the killer features are still to come. Your graphics team still need addressing though.

4 hours ago, Hopfrog12 said:

ITT: lots of people not understanding what a teaser is.

This was just a few nuggets of information to whet the appetite. A month from now, after all of the features have been revealed, if you want to make a judgment on how much has been improved then feel free, but doing so based off a minute-long teaser is asinine.

^Youve kind of summed up why it's been disappointing. It doesnt wet the apetite. It has had exactlythe opposite effect. They couldve not bothered with a vid and just put one line on their facebook page.

Wide Centre Backs are new.

That would've done. And apparetntly that has made a limited number of people excited. They shouldve been aorund when 2D went to 3D. They wouildve soiled their unders.

Happy to see WCB role & pass map feature. These are good news. But we need much more than this.

+1 to this. Please SI, consider rebuilding match engine graphics. 

2 saat önce, Erimus1876 said:

prot651 "3D looks nothing new . Same old stadiums .. yawn .. The game and the  game play needs a shot in the arm along with the stadiums and visuals . "

I agree.  New managerial features are always welcome of course, but I wish they'd give the visuals a much needed overhaul one year, or at least try and get them back to where they were in FM17 (which, graphically, was by far the best looking FM).

Even FM11 had better looking pitches, lighting, and stadiums than the last three versions of FM.

image.png.eef01ee05c448bc0409968795235abc9.thumb.png.7d808cf0c5f98a2dbc93937a68e19d35.png

FM17 visuals for comparison...

Reveal hidden contents

fm17a.thumb.jpg.488dc20cc27506c776da2fa1085dfd50.jpg

fm17b.thumb.jpg.3e28c71dc47d60cdcdb61eb103598e71.jpg

Set-piece bugs are needed to be fixed or they should be remade. Because players can be on wrong areas. I mean if they don't follow our set-piece instructions, then why we set them.

I want to see a FB role who creates a back three with other two central defenders with relative movement. We can't do this with recent roles. It creates a lopsided back three where one side becomes empty for opposition to exploit. 

Vanilla wide forward and striker role please. With no hardcoded PIs of course. Thanks.

Edited by zabyl