Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that all the data is collated in a data hub now, and also with more analysis. The pass maps look so much better. Hopefully data on upcoming opposition and reports on the opposition are there too, so that I dont have to go to loads of different screens anymore.

Hopefully wide centre backs can also be chosen in a 4 man defence. Mind you I probably won't use it in a 4 man defence but we should have the option to experiment with it and be able to truly innovate with our tactics.

Have not seen one thing to get me fired up besides the WCB and hopefully other roles or some sort of tactical engine revamp. The data hub looks interesting so I'll give it a plus. Everything else is just a reskin. You did the same last year, however the ME was exceptional and it flied by. I can only hope ME is exceptional this year as well.

Edited by Lexis

Gotta feel for whoever had to edit that, had to make the introduction of wide CBs stretch out to 60 seconds. 

I'm kinda OK with 21, not perfect but not quite as predictably bad as 20, but nothing in that video would make me want to buy unless there's clear evidence other issues are fixed.

6 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

I really like the idea of the recruitment meetings last year. In realty they done a very poor job. Hopefully that, with more development time, has improved dramatically. Please have made it where we are given realistic targets. 

Chris Whilder's Shefield United did it alot when they got promoted into the prem, so check their promotion season and first season in the premier league. 

Conte and Tuchel also useses it. If  you want to want an example watch Tuchel 343 and how he has Azpi and Rudiger roaming into space where the fullback or midfielder would be. 

I'll be buying it, like I do every year - but that was a bit of an underwhelming feature preview. In saying that, I'm intrigued by the WCB role. Hopefully they'll reign in some of the slalom solo counter attacks we've seen in FM21 - otherwise the back three is in for a torrid time.

The data hub also looks interesting. Hopefully we'll see more in the coming weeks.

In all honesty though, with the last year and a half we've had - I'd be happy just to see some of the longstanding issues sorted out.

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Can anyone give me a real life player/team that plays/uses a wide center back with a attack duty? Just curious to see some videos do know how it works... 

Ginter under Löw was definitely on attack duty, guy roamed around the AM position the entire match to the point you'd forget he was supposed to be a central defender! (Until he got the ball and did absolutely nothing with it) :lol:

I'm very confused because from shirt colour and numbers ( midfielders 78 Pulgar 34 Amrabat 10 Castrovilli; wingbacks 3 Biraghi 21 Lirola; defenders 4 Milenkovic 20 Pezzella) the team used to show new roles and tactics seems to be Fiorentina 2020/21 but  I have no idea about defender with No.16. Also Milenkovic as a Wide Centre-Back (Attack) is a terrible idea especially on the left. Disappointing.

(Joking aside  the WCB is a very welcome addition but seriously who is No.16? :D)

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Can anyone give me a real life player/team that plays/uses a wide center back with a attack duty? Just curious to see some videos do know how it works... 

I'd say Rafael Toloi in Gasperini's Atalanta.

3 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I think the major question is, and I don't know if this is a widely held view but I've always struggled with it, can 3 at the back be successful on this game?

Prior to Sir Thomas’ praises being rightfully recognized, I switched to 3 at back almost exclusively. My initial draw to it was having too many short center back options through intake. I use them tactically similar to what we are seeing in real like with Chelsea. Basically a mix of really good defending in space with good ball playing and carrying ability. 

1 hour ago, Harper said:

Is the mismatch in positions here shoddy video editing or a clue towards in/out of possession formations?

On the pitch we have a 5-3-2 with wingbacks, but on the right the positions are more 4-2-4.

Position roles don’t align either.

B9976A56-E906-49B3-8FB2-721811138572.png

I noticed this too but I think its just video editing. I dont think in and out of possession tactics would be presented like that. Besides we already have the ability to make out of possession tactics via player/position roles and instructions. 

12 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

In Create-a-Club, which was shown, I'd really like the option just to make the club only and not have to use that club. It's a lot less time consuming than making it through the editor.

Couldn't you just create the club, add a new manager for the club you want to play as (or unemployed) and then retire the manager from the created club?

9 часов назад, Harper сказал:

Is the mismatch in positions here shoddy video editing or a clue towards in/out of possession formations?

On the pitch we have a 5-3-2 with wingbacks, but on the right the positions are more 4-2-4.

Position roles don’t align either.

B9976A56-E906-49B3-8FB2-721811138572.png

They spent half an hour on this video. Covid times, you know. positions, roles, then click on dcl and editing role for dcr. can't be more lazy

4 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Very underwhelmed. Think I'll give this version a miss and hope 23 has some features other than a reskin of data and a new CB role.  Not spending £50 on a new CB role and database update

I'm hoping they'll pull something out of their backside between now and the release date otherwise I'll just wait for a DB update for FM21 and wait until it's going for under £7 on cdkeys.

16 minutes ago, MasterKano said:

I'm hoping they'll pull something out of their backside between now and the release date otherwise I'll just wait for a DB update for FM21 and wait until it's going for under £7 on cdkeys.

Going from experience the "headline features" tend to be the ones announced in these early trailer's