Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After two videos of headline features it turns out more and more that this one was not just a teaser about "some features" it was a teaser about the actual headline features... Hopefully there is something really big into their slveves that has not been "teased" yet. anyway im still looking forward to the new ME as its the heart of the game for me.

12 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Hopefully there is something really big into their slveves that has not been "teased" yet

Out of curiosity, other than setpiece what "big" thing would you like to see?

44 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Out of curiosity, other than setpiece what "big" thing would you like to see?

Actually I do t care about setpieces. Never used them, but indeed they need an overhaul. 

what I’m looking for is a massive improvement in graphics. Animations is a good start, but only a small Step at least in terms of graphics.

im looking for an AI and general economic overhaul. I understand that FM should be an experience where everything is possible. But still it is way too easy to accumulate money and attract players that are way beyond the   Clubs reputation or ambitions. 

Match AI Is also important, other managers tend to be way too passive and therefore it’s too easy to overachieve results in relation to your expected strength and average player skills. 

yes, FM Is a sandbox game where everyone can create and imagine their own football world. But it’s against my nature to „play bad“ just to have a challange. Im not talking about exploits, but the game should at least some challange even to experienced players.

In terms of UX I would love to see some more guidance especially for newer players. FM is very complex, especially tactically and there is almost no (or only bad) guidance for players.  

an actually processing through the week and not one that makes your whole squad to rage out because it doesn’t stop for important Mails like someone wants to talk about their playing time or some other issues. There are simply too much clicks needed without having any impact to process through the next match.

don’t get me wrong, FM is great and one of my most favourite games. I just wanted to state, as some said it was just a teaser about „some“ features, that’s it’s not. Those are the headline features.

Edited by CARRERA

19 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

Actually I do t care about setpieces. Never used them, but indeed they need an overhaul. 

what I’m looking for is a massive improvement in graphics. Animations is a good start, but only a small Step at least in terms of graphics.

im looking for an AI and general economic overhaul. I understand that FM should be an experience where everything is possible. But still it is way too easy to accumulate money and attract players that are way beyond the   Clubs reputation or ambitions. 

Match AI Is also important, other managers tend to be way too passive and therefore it’s too easy to overachieve results in relation to your expected strength and average player skills. 

yes, FM Is a sandbox game where everyone can create and imagine their own football world. But it’s against my nature to „play bad“ just to have a challange. Im not talking about exploits, but the game should at least some challange even to experienced players.

In terms of UX I would love to see some more guidance especially for newer players. FM is very complex, especially tactically and there is almost no (or only bad) guidance for players.  

an actually processing through the week and not one that makes your whole squad to rage out because it doesn’t stop for important Mails like someone wants to talk about their playing time or some other issues. There are simply too much clicks needed without having any impact to process through the next match.

don’t get me wrong, FM is great and one of my most favourite games. I just wanted to state, as some said it was just a teaser about „some“ features, that’s it’s not. Those are the headline features.

While I agree with you, I don't think those are big features.

Let me explain what I mean. I think the game is at the point where it doesn't require huge additions, it's just a matter of improving what is already there.

I don't expect anything new with these announcements anymore, I'm just looking to see what they've improved. The stamina and new animation engine are already good for me.

I also have it at the back of my mind that SI is still a company and as such the first objective is to make money that's why they don't waste time fixing issues once the game is released unless it's something  really game-breaking. They are better off fixing it for the next game together with other things they have to work on

The better the game becomes as a whole the fewer things you have to improve and the players would be less likely to buy the new game 

On 06/10/2021 at 10:05, FedAt said:

I think data hub and wide cd is their headline features.

On 06/10/2021 at 15:31, akm.91 said:

This. They’ve already announced the headlines features...it was clear after the FM Features preview video they released too.

A new positional role as a headline feature though...come on...

On 06/10/2021 at 14:27, TioPatinhax said:

Please dont say that....

I think a whole new animation engine, which they talked about in part 1 of in the studio, is a pretty big feature.

Might not get classed as a new headline feature, but it’s still pretty big, and will make a huge improvement for the match day.

Just noticed the teaser has like 70% dislike ratio on YouTube with 1600+ dislikes and the comments are overwhelmingly negative. I know these numbers are minuscule in comparison to the whole player base, but something like this should be unacceptable for a video meant to "tease" the very best new iteration of the game has to offer. Starting to think someone dropped the ball on this one.

1 hora atrás, Zemahh disse:

Just noticed the teaser has like 70% dislike ratio on YouTube with 1600+ dislikes and the comments are overwhelmingly negative. I know these numbers are minuscule in comparison to the whole player base, but something like this should be unacceptable for a video meant to "tease" the very best new iteration of the game has to offer. Starting to think someone dropped the ball on this one.

Thinking the same too, and the feedback on the youtube video is somewhat of an indication of that too

On 08/10/2021 at 12:22, DarJ said:

While I agree with you, I don't think those are big features.

Eh?  The post you replied had a list that would take years to get through, a number of them, if realised, would be huge for the game.  I couldn't care any less for a graphics overhaul (although I know it's popular elsewhere) but improvements in AI across the board are desperately needed, and you could spend several editions purely making improvements there. 

14 hours ago, Zemahh said:

And ultimately, it'll continue to sell at the pace it always has.  I expect every company that does something like this will have some breathless social media manager parrot out dislike ratios and angry comments, but ultimately, they mean absolutely nothing without actual action taken.  And if there's one thing that very rarely happens, it's actual action.  EA have taken the FIFA franchise on a heinous ride to the bottom of the barrel, they're constantly derided, seemingly constantly hated on for doing so, yet they just laugh and count the money that people are still seemingly happy to give them.  Obviously SI aren't on that level, but unless people actually back up pressing a big thumbs down on YouTube with not buying...ultimately, who cares?

5 minutes ago, forameuss said:

And ultimately, it'll continue to sell at the pace it always has.  I expect every company that does something like this will have some breathless social media manager parrot out dislike ratios and angry comments, but ultimately, they mean absolutely nothing without actual action taken.  And if there's one thing that very rarely happens, it's actual action.  EA have taken the FIFA franchise on a heinous ride to the bottom of the barrel, they're constantly derided, seemingly constantly hated on for doing so, yet they just laugh and count the money that people are still seemingly happy to give them.  Obviously SI aren't on that level, but unless people actually back up pressing a big thumbs down on YouTube with not buying...ultimately, who cares?

Same with Paradox and selling incomplete base games and then reaping the profits via DLC.

6 hours ago, jmlima said:

Same with Paradox and selling incomplete base games and then reaping the profits via DLC.

Oh if only the paradox comparison held more water.

imagine if you put a mini paradox squad on FM for a cycle? 

Look, for example, at the genetic / facial modelling of Crusader Kings. Utterly superb. A direct parallel (and beyond, given these figures immediately model to 3d) to FM’s almost comically inhuman newgens. 

To be clear, I love the FM series. But this is now a degree of stagnation that can only prompt serious questions from its community.

A new positional role, a UI rework/re-org and a deadline day dance fall well short of a new feature set for a game of this magnitude. 

The irony is…the game is already feature-laden. It already suffers from feature creep.

The task is altogether simpler/harder, improving the game. Improve the match engine, improve player immersion, improve the graphical representation of the match engine, improve AI decision making, improve new gen human likeness. Etc etc etc

1 hour ago, Tonton_Zola said:

The task is altogether simpler/harder, improving the game. Improve the match engine, improve player immersion, improve the graphical representation of the match engine, improve AI decision making, improve new gen human likeness. Etc etc etc

And why should they put any work into those things, when users see a new role and go, yay, now I’m buying it.

or users see they’re fixing stamina(as should have been fixed for FM21), and go yes, I’ll buy it just to have that.

Sadly, we should be happy they are doing anything more than just bug fixes and database updates!

4 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

And why should they put any work into those things, when users see a new role and go, yay, now I’m buying it.

or users see they’re fixing stamina(as should have been fixed for FM21), and go yes, I’ll buy it just to have that.

Sadly, we should be happy they are doing anything more than just bug fixes and database updates!

Year on year this point becomes more and more valid. I appreciate there are mitigating factors this year and last but it does seem we've been channeled into a situation where less is delivered annually and our love for the game forces us to just forgive it......it's like being in an abusive relationship with a computer game...... 

On 11/10/2021 at 18:37, majesticeternity said:

Do we know that without "headline features" people won't buy it?

I mean, let's be honest - this is a crap list of big name features. And that's fine - I don't think the game needs big new features more than improving the ones it already has (and, so far, it appears they have) - but the idea a "teaser" of a whole load of nothing is better than just saying "we've made this better" I'm not certain holds up.

Le 11/10/2021 à 19:37, majesticeternity a dit :

Its called ambition and they have it , that why they changed they way to working