Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

38 минут назад, Bunkerossian сказал:

I'm hoping for a revamped set piece creator. A more realistic game should have a more realistic way of creating set pieces.

same here, but considering character and amount of changes in the game for the past few years I have very big doubts that this will happen in nearest few years, I have suspicious that they just can't change set pieces editor/system on current engine, because it's so obviously important part that it should be improved long time ago.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Has there ever been a year when the first bit of teased information contained every new innovation?

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Nope

I thought that would be the case.

There are some legitimate points on this thread, but acting like the teaser trailer is all there is, and that no other new features will be announced, is not reasonable.

Edited by mikelfc8

On 24/09/2021 at 20:12, GOODNAME said:

I dont want also FIFA graphics

But im expecting to see some change in the 3D, better grass, lightning, stadiums.. 

…to be clear, is this “you don’t expect FIFA graphics?”

to say, “I don’t want FIFA graphics” is an extraordinary position. If it were possible, would you genuinely not want it?

21 hours ago, Erimus1876 said:

The problem with watching youtbuers is they don't really do the match engine justice.  The vast majority of them play the game on fast speed, from the same generic camera angle, and the whole show is about getting through each game as quickly as possible. That seems to be the general format of them all imo.  So a lot of the subtle things about the 3D match are lost or missed.

The only way you can really compare older versions to the fundamental change that came with FM18 and onwards, is to play them yourselves and spend time with them.  Play a season in FM17 for instance, and one in FM21.  You see both have their pro's and cons.  21's ME is more advanced (obviously), has more animations etc.  FM17 has better visuals, and more stadium variety, and 16 different camera angles to choose from, as well as a wealth of graphical options to chose from in preferences (as mentioned earlier in this thread, here: Link).

Sorry you cant get your FM17 to work to try this.  I'm still playing it to this day and have provided a selection of screenshots from around the world on my current FM17 save.

There just seems to be more "character" to the stadiums, and the visuals add that little bit extra to my game, especially the lighting.  I played FM19 and 20 extensively, and FM21 for a few seasons too, but they're so generic looking and bland compared to the overall matchday experience that FM17 offered.  Its hard to put into words how its different, the only way to see and feel it is to go back and play those pre-FM18 versions and see if you notice it too (hope you get it working).

Stadium variety, shadows, and lighting from my FM17 save...

Scottish lower leagues

20210930100226_1.thumb.jpg.7433b05ed9c7078b3c433bbf7d59748d.jpg

Brazil

20210930095510_1.thumb.jpg.146160e6d967d07075e6d04d8a89a1e3.jpg

England

20210930095008_1.thumb.jpg.f8db837b536181e6d4e8945f9d4ee25d.jpg

fm17b.jpg.c76cc3249bead97a6b75d0bade705d9e.thumb.jpg.3e65152a3c6d33d3be224766a0133cb8.jpg

20210930094312_1.thumb.jpg.a074f6a7139b5d4621f9a3c835aba0f1.jpg

Denmark lower league

20201111075721_1.thumb.jpg.0a13cb0f4c4fff3a162f7134c2945943.jpg

20210930094718_1.thumb.jpg.980e93f8bf3447293f76fb0cd0b2ae8a.jpg

Germany

fm17a.jpg.030a452006afebb2befe5378d25bdd9d.thumb.jpg.ef8dd670aa3a4ac532ca4fa7156edfac.jpg

One other thing that I think has been lost with recent versions of FM is the ability to mod the 'between highlights' match panel, which at one time provided us with a wealth of useful info that was visually pleasing to the eye.  This being my personal favourite in FM17...

20210930094420_1.thumb.jpg.c97c4283b7efdb7239d5bee529084ec0.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the kind of modabilty we once had of those panels is possible anymore.  It was those subtle aspects of the older FMs that also helped improve the whole matchday experience too, i.e. little things like the aesthetically pleasing match scoreboard on those screenshots I posted.  They may seem inconsequential to those who don't notice or care about that stuff, but for players who love watching their games and put a lot of time into the 3D matchday experience, they are important.  I really dislike the direction the later FMs went when they made it harder for modders to create things like that.

My god the look and feel of this is so much better! What happened?

12 hours ago, rdbayly said:

And back then there were other nice little touches like flares in the crowd when you played in certain countries:

95v3ita24vg21.jpg

To be fair, they did bring back flares this year in certain countries. But look how much better the STADIUM looks here! None of those huge tunnels scattered throughout the stands

21 hours ago, Erimus1876 said:

The problem with watching youtbuers is they don't really do the match engine justice.  The vast majority of them play the game on fast speed, from the same generic camera angle, and the whole show is about getting through each game as quickly as possible. That seems to be the general format of them all imo.  So a lot of the subtle things about the 3D match are lost or missed.

The match engine and the graphics engine are two completely different things.

Well ... I'm busy during a game. I mean, I have a bad habit of watching players. I'm not a spectator. I don't look at the landscapes, but at the way players (including those of the opponent team) move, at the spaces between them and at the way that react in case of various instructions. I don't have time to appreciate the grass and the stadium. In fact, I'm not even interested, because I'm not a spectator but a "manager", even if virtual. Of course, it could be said that some human players do not like to focus too much on what their players are doing and have enough time to appreciate the landscape. However, I have played over 1200 games in FM21 and I know for sure : watching the landscape is of no use to me and I'll never win a match because I like or dislike a stadium.

1 hour ago, GreenTriangle said:

Well ... I'm busy during a game. I mean, I have a bad habit of watching players. I'm not a spectator. I don't look at the landscapes, but at the way players (including those of the opponent team) move, at the spaces between them and at the way that react in case of various instructions. I don't have time to appreciate the grass and the stadium. In fact, I'm not even interested, because I'm not a spectator but a "manager", even if virtual. Of course, it could be said that some human players do not like to focus too much on what their players are doing and have enough time to appreciate the landscape. However, I have played over 1200 games in FM21 and I know for sure : watching the landscape is of no use to me and I'll never win a match because I like or dislike a stadium.

I do all that too, and I can still enjoy the whole experience of a matchday, not just its outcome.

Not sure why you don't have the time, but then again I know lots of players love to race through their matches on full speed, minimal highlights, and get through a season asap.  I prefer playing on comprehensive highlights (full match for big games), as that gives me  the time to have a more hands on approach of managing my team, seeing how the match is panning out, make adjustments, micro manage if needs be, but still take in the whole matchday experience along the way (which includes noticing how beautiful FM is, or was, pre-FM18).  The older FMs also offered a variety of camera angles, one of my favorite being the Tactical view, something I used often to study replays and player positioning, tactical impact etc.  Sadly that, along with a lot more matchday options along those lines were removed after FM17.

Anyway, to each their own I suppose.

"The match engine and the graphics engine are two completely different things."

Yes, we know.

14 ore fa, rdbayly ha scritto:

And back then there were other nice little touches like flares in the crowd when you played in certain countries:

95v3ita24vg21.jpg

I mean at least let's bring on nice examples. I liked the idea of flares, but let's be honest now that some years have passed on... that looked like "meh". It's rather a campfire set up among people calmly watching the game, just out of the blue. I was expecting some firemen to rush the stand and evacuate the audience but that never happened.

I'm happy we're still talking about graphics after 8 pages, it means the rest of the game was perfect!

2 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

to say, “I don’t want FIFA graphics” is an extraordinary position. If it were possible, would you genuinely not want it?

I don't want them either.

I have a pretty good idea of the sacrifices that would have to be made to get the game to that position.  And if they'd announced FM22 with them included but still had the game feeling as sterile and on-rails as it does now, then I'd find it hard to be excited by "ooh shiny".  Put lipstick on a pig etc etc

10 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I don't want them either.

I have a pretty good idea of the sacrifices that would have to be made to get the game to that position.  And if they'd announced FM22 with them included but still had the game feeling as sterile and on-rails as it does now, then I'd find it hard to be excited by "ooh shiny".  Put lipstick on a pig etc etc

This ^^

I think the gist of it all is that some people would like to see the game go back to how the visuals looked before football manager 2018 came out, as the shadows, pitches, stadiums, graphic options, and lighting was much better in fm 2017 than the versions that came later.  The pictures posted in this thread say it all, and if people are honest about it, there's no denying it.

Fifa grpahics aren't needed for football manager, as the game is about the actual match and the managers impact on it, but those saying the graphics aren't important are missing an important point.  1. many players want to play a game that not only plays well, but looks good too (the two go hand in hand for the overall feel of the game).  2. The game has to evolve, and like it or not, to attract new players the visual aspect really needs to get a shot in the arm, or at least reverting back to how good the game looked 4 years ago.

I came looking for a stadium editor, or a way to modify them in football manager 21, as to me that's important.  Not as important as the match itself, but important because variety adds longevity. If I had one wish for fm 2022, its they announce a stadium editor - I'd even pay them $20 extra for one!

3 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

No i dont want it

Cuz the game will be super super heavy.

Le 30/09/2021 à 12:21, Federico a dit :

My answer is: whatever! :lol:

I'd like to see more variations with stadiums? Yes .

Does it worth talking about it for 3 pages of complaints? Hell, definitely not. 

I want a good representation of football, cosmetics are just what they are: cosmetics.

Does it worth talking about it for 3 pages of complaints? Complaints  ? Its ideas 😁🤣🤠

3 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

How do you get immersion when nearly every stadium in every country is exactly the same...it’s a huge problem. 

Il y a 2 heures, Federico a dit :

I mean at least let's bring on nice examples. I liked the idea of flares, but let's be honest now that some years have passed on... that looked like "meh". It's rather a campfire set up among people calmly watching the game, just out of the blue. I was expecting some firemen to rush the stand and evacuate the audience but that never happened.

I'm happy we're still talking about graphics after 8 pages, it means the rest of the game was perfect!Does it worth talking about it for 3 pages of complaints?

The games inst perfect if the game was perfect there is nothing more to add

6 hours ago, Erimus1876 said:

I do all that too, and I can still enjoy the whole experience of a matchday, not just its outcome.

Not sure why you don't have the time, but then again I know lots of players love to race through their matches on full speed, minimal highlights, and get through a season asap. 

I play a game called "football manager". If I want to play the game called "football spectator" then I go to the stadium or watch TV.
For most managers results are very important. This is their "job." That's why they were "hired." If they had been hired to admire the landscape, they would no longer have been called managers.
I myself use extended or comprehensive view, but I'm not interested to look at the landscape. There are enough variables in the game and I don't think I can handle them better if I'm ecstatic about the color of the grass or about shadows. In case is happen to have an "easy" match, all I am interested in is to end the game and start preparations for the next match as soon as possible.

12 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

I play a game called "football manager". If I want to play the game called "football spectator" then I go to the stadium or watch TV.
For most managers results are very important. This is their "job." That's why they were "hired." If they had been hired to admire the landscape, they would no longer have been called managers.
I myself use extended or comprehensive view, but I'm not interested to look at the landscape. There are enough variables in the game and I don't think I can handle them better if I'm ecstatic about the color of the grass or about shadows. In case is happen to have an "easy" match, all I am interested in is to end the game and start preparations for the next match as soon as possible.

Do you play the game in 2D or 3D? Because if your answer to this is '3D' you will have contradicted yourself massively. 

34 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

Hmm its a game, not real life.

And come on now, this game isn't THAT complicated that it requires someone's 100% pure concentration on their stickmen or dots kicking a ball around.  I'm sure you'd win just as many matches if you allowed yourself to occasionally glance up at the scoreboard, match timer, and even the odd flare in the crowd :lol:

I understand that graphics are important to some people and, that as I am not one of those people, it's unlikely we'll agree on stadiums.  I watch games on full match, low, zoomed in, reversed sideline camera, so it's as close to a "from the dugout" view as I can possibly get.  I pay absolutely diddly squat attention to the stadium itself.  I don't pay any attention to the stadium when I watch games on TV either.  To be frank, the only time I pay attention when I go to actual games is either when I need to pee and got to find my way to the nearest exit, or when I'm watching the NFL at Wembley and I'm so far away from the action that all I can feel is jealousy at those with money in the good seats.

All that to say, it's fair to consider that I don't hold stadiums as high priority.  However...

I am a bit of an absolutist.  Surely the only way to truly make stadiums immersive is to model every individual stadium.  Because even with a wider variety, it's not going to be long before you notice that playing at the Etihad still feels too similar to the Emirates, or all League 1 grounds feel the same except Stadium of Light.  It's a gripe I've always had with FIFA/PES - unless you're playing with a team whose ground has been modelled, it just feels wrong.  And the reason it feels wrong is exacerbated by the existence of actual grounds.

I do understand the clamour for that match-day experience, but I don't think that increasing the variety of stadiums will actually achieve that.  I think the bigger problem lies in the limitations to doing the things that would help create that atmosphere:

• Better crowd sounds (same issue as with modelling every stadium - to do this effectively you'd need a lot of recognisable chants for each club, player chants would be virtually impossible, probably couldn't have swearing, etc...)
  • Commentary (obviously being able to select highlight level and adjust game speed is a major barrier here)
  • Crowd reactions, pushing to the front of the stands when a goal is scored, leaving the ground when your 0-3 down, etc... (either a generic animation which will become stale quickly or coding AI for fans, which is an awful lot of effort for something non-consequential.  Think of triple AAA titles where pathing issues result in NPCs walking into walls, and that's when the NPCs are actually at least slightly important to the game)
  • Dugout view (okay, this is just because that's how I want to play, but even then such a view will expose the limitations of the graphics, which aren't there to be ultra-realistic but merely to convey what is happening in the game.  Once again, to be done well, they'd need to model every player)

Apologies for making assumptions for others, but I do feel that a lot of the desire for improved stadiums comes largely from the tacit acknowledgement that other things to improve the game-day experience are harder to achieve.  The problem there is that making the improvements some have been asking for isn't actually likely to achieve what people hope it would.

I'd love some stadium love, even if it's for purely aesthetics, it's a nice touch. But if it takes a lot of work, there's a lot of low hanging fruit to do that will make some nice impact:

1) Stadium editor in the pre-game editor, WHICH IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED but not officially. Don't know why this still isn't a thing. I understand licenses, but you could just have the option enabled and the community will do the rest. FIFA Manager had it and it never had an issue with licensing for other countries (it was a different time and company, but still). Maybe this year's editor will have it by default so we can start to do some work.

2) Graphical animation for pitch condition. Right now I assume that the pitch condition affects the ME, but I can't visualize it. I play in Tanzania with Mbeya City. 

Compare the real stadium with my actual gameplay:

Real game at Sokoine stadium

My own Sokoine stadium at FM21

The FM generates a 12000 stadium with no seats like a big stadium with roofs and an excellent pitch (although the pitch condition it's low). If you look at the real video, the ball bounces all around and it's almost unplayable. My team in FM21 plays tiki taka in a cue table, no bounces, no control delay, no errors from passing or shooting, etc. Most of the stadiums in lower league management and non-elite countries are like this, yet FM is somehow skewing towards the english style and applies it to all.

But I understand maybe it's too much to ask and it's difficult to implement the whole "bad pitch" thing. I'll settle at having no roofs in bad stadiums and have the option to select that in the pregame editor. Easy as that!

So, yes, while stadiums are an aesthetic issue, it can also affect gameplay, or at least how we perceive it. And there could be things that can be done, some of them already implemented in game but not released.

Most likely going to take a hit on sales this year. Me personally not going to buy, not enough major improvements from that teaser video from what I can see and add to that the PS5 and XBOX X becoming more available now. I can see less interest in the FM product this year, only time will tell I guess.

13 hours ago, Druid DR said:

Hmm its a game, not real life.

And come on now, this game isn't THAT complicated that it requires someone's 100% pure concentration on their stickmen or dots kicking a ball around.  I'm sure you'd win just as many matches if you allowed yourself to occasionally glance up at the scoreboard, match timer, and even the odd flare in the crowd :lol:

If I want "real life" then ... it's simple : I go to the stadium. But FM it's a game called "manager". I wouldn't have bought it if it had been called "football spectator" or "TV simulator". I know where the stadium is and I have a TV, lol. By the way, I bought a game that has very good graphics, I played for a few hours, I got terribly bored and I decided that I would never spend money for something like that again. That game is way too simple and scripted.

Of course, the game (FM) is not always complicated, but if I consider that I have no reason to focus too much then ... in any case I will not be interested in the color of the grass and the aesthetics of the stadium. I increase the speed of graphical representation, I finish the match and I start to prepare the next game.

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

I understand that graphics are important to some people and, that as I am not one of those people, it's unlikely we'll agree on stadiums.  I watch games on full match, low, zoomed in, reversed sideline camera, so it's as close to a "from the dugout" view as I can possibly get.  I pay absolutely diddly squat attention to the stadium itself.  I don't pay any attention to the stadium when I watch games on TV either.  To be frank, the only time I pay attention when I go to actual games is either when I need to pee and got to find my way to the nearest exit, or when I'm watching the NFL at Wembley and I'm so far away from the action that all I can feel is jealousy at those with money in the good seats.

All that to say, it's fair to consider that I don't hold stadiums as high priority.  However...

I am a bit of an absolutist.  Surely the only way to truly make stadiums immersive is to model every individual stadium.  Because even with a wider variety, it's not going to be long before you notice that playing at the Etihad still feels too similar to the Emirates, or all League 1 grounds feel the same except Stadium of Light.  It's a gripe I've always had with FIFA/PES - unless you're playing with a team whose ground has been modelled, it just feels wrong.  And the reason it feels wrong is exacerbated by the existence of actual grounds.

I do understand the clamour for that match-day experience, but I don't think that increasing the variety of stadiums will actually achieve that.  I think the bigger problem lies in the limitations to doing the things that would help create that atmosphere:

• Better crowd sounds (same issue as with modelling every stadium - to do this effectively you'd need a lot of recognisable chants for each club, player chants would be virtually impossible, probably couldn't have swearing, etc...)
  • Commentary (obviously being able to select highlight level and adjust game speed is a major barrier here)
  • Crowd reactions, pushing to the front of the stands when a goal is scored, leaving the ground when your 0-3 down, etc... (either a generic animation which will become stale quickly or coding AI for fans, which is an awful lot of effort for something non-consequential.  Think of triple AAA titles where pathing issues result in NPCs walking into walls, and that's when the NPCs are actually at least slightly important to the game)
  • Dugout view (okay, this is just because that's how I want to play, but even then such a view will expose the limitations of the graphics, which aren't there to be ultra-realistic but merely to convey what is happening in the game.  Once again, to be done well, they'd need to model every player)

Apologies for making assumptions for others, but I do feel that a lot of the desire for improved stadiums comes largely from the tacit acknowledgement that other things to improve the game-day experience are harder to achieve.  The problem there is that making the improvements some have been asking for isn't actually likely to achieve what people hope it would.

Whether or not YOU pay attention isn’t the point though. FM decided to introduce 3D stadiums, correct? So if the stadiums are all the same, no matter what country you play in, then this needs be looked at. If you commit to 3D then it really needs to be improved on every year...

Also, why do you care about crowd noise, or crowd interactions? Or the dugout...you could just not pay attention to it and focus just on the 90 mins

Can only speak for myself, but when I'm playing the match, I usually change the camera angle to emulate real life. For example, if playing at Tynecastle, I'll have the camera looking towards the dug out with a higher angle. It just increases the immersion for me. I would love there to be a proper pre-game stadium editor that the modding community could get their hands on, and create as close to real life stadiums as possible. Nearly every other area of the aesthetics is open to modding in some way, why not the stadiums? Makes no sense to me. 

I am really looking forward to the new game. Miles and the developers seem confident and the new features look good. And don´t forget that every new version of the game brings small improvements that goes largely unnoticed because they are not defined as "new features".

I enjoy reading the comments here and especially the discussion about improving the stadiums to enhance the match day experience. I totally understand that many couldn`t care less about the stadium graphics because that won´t make the game playable if the match engine/tactics, transfer system, player interaction etc. doesn`t work properly. But i really don´t get the comments about it having to be a well functioning game but with poor/repetative stadiums or great looking/varied stadiums and a poor game - why can´t we have both? And no, i do not mean FIFA style graphics. 

But my main point is this:
All the good suggestions about graphics, stadiums or anything else must be posted in the feature request forums, not just in the general discussion or on twitter, facebook etc.
https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

Good ideas that get posted in general discussion and random places will probably just get ignored and percieved as "noise", but if many of us have the same suggestions then posting them as feature requests will make the developers take notice.
I made the mistake of commenting about the stadiums being generic after watching a few seconds of the match engine from the teaser trailer. That´s the equivalent of commenting on a news article after reading only the headline.

So what i will do, and i urge everyone else to do as well, is to play the beta when it`s released and as soon as possible start reporting bugs and feature requests/suggestions in the correct forums :)

On 01/10/2021 at 11:04, GOODNAME said:

No i dont want it

Cuz the game will be super super heavy.

First, go check FIFA 13 minimal requirements, I doubt if any new decent laptop fails to run that game. If it is that is how heavy FIFA/PES games were back then.

Secondly, I for one want FIFA/PES graphics. When I say that, I don’t say how shiny, colorful or arcade it looks. I’m talking actual natural player movement, realistic player dribbles with non-linear movement, like FIFA/PES  has for years.

I think some people will not like where the graphics will be heading, since it is inevitable to move to FIFA/PES graphics. This devs interviews actually show the non-linear movement of players around the ball are welcome plus and step towards the direction.

On the other video of reactions to gameplays, the dev, I got feeling of two occasions where they were actual bugs, but love the reasoning/excuse why do players behave liked that.

On 02/10/2021 at 14:01, Robbie Hood said:

I am really looking forward to the new game. Miles and the developers seem confident and the new features look good. And don´t forget that every new version of the game brings small improvements that goes largely unnoticed because they are not defined as "new features".

I enjoy reading the comments here and especially the discussion about improving the stadiums to enhance the match day experience. I totally understand that many couldn`t care less about the stadium graphics because that won´t make the game playable if the match engine/tactics, transfer system, player interaction etc. doesn`t work properly. But i really don´t get the comments about it having to be a well functioning game but with poor/repetative stadiums or great looking/varied stadiums and a poor game - why can´t we have both? And no, i do not mean FIFA style graphics. 

But my main point is this:
All the good suggestions about graphics, stadiums or anything else must be posted in the feature request forums, not just in the general discussion or on twitter, facebook etc.
https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

Good ideas that get posted in general discussion and random places will probably just get ignored and percieved as "noise", but if many of us have the same suggestions then posting them as feature requests will make the developers take notice.
I made the mistake of commenting about the stadiums being generic after watching a few seconds of the match engine from the teaser trailer. That´s the equivalent of commenting on a news article after reading only the headline.

So what i will do, and i urge everyone else to do as well, is to play the beta when it`s released and as soon as possible start reporting bugs and feature requests/suggestions in the correct forums :)

Spot on.

I notice that here is a false binary being put forward here - as if improved graphics might somehow cheapen/lessen the depth of the game world that powers it…

The game is a simulation of football management. It stands to reason that the match day experience is pretty damned important to achieving that aspiration. Any suggestion otherwise is counter-intuitive to the point of absurdity. Sorry to be blunt.

Btw - watching the longer “behind the scenes” studio feature, you are reminded of the dazzling complexity of what the team are trying to model. I have nothing but admiration for this endeavour…

However, there is a sense here that - while the endless cycle of iterations rolls on and on - they are crying out for an intervention that delivers immediate impact in the here and now. 

There is an open goal here. No matter how superficial it might be, they need somebody to put a new polish/shine on the “skin deep” level of that graphics engine. New animations are a positive step forward, but - even simpler than - an up-res of the player figures themselves, a better physical likeness of player physiologies and core movements. Even if it’s based on the same underlying machinery, It needs a moment of transposition - from Commodore 64 to PS2/PS3 standard. Surely this must be achievable on the surface level?

3 часа назад, DamienQilBormliz сказал:

Is it always been like this? approx 3 weeks before BETA's out and we haven't heard any major features yet? 
I can't quite remember past years..

I think data hub and wide cd is their headline features.

On 01/10/2021 at 18:56, GIMN said:

but I don't think that increasing the variety of stadiums will actually achieve that.  I think the bigger problem lies in the limitations to doing the things that would help create that atmosphere:

• Commentary (obviously being able to select highlight level and adjust game speed is a major barrier here.

This is where people use their own opinions to back up what they think should or shouldnt be done to the game. Those two you mention mean nothing to me in terms of making the game better. I watch the engine. The commentary is not something I read. Also one of the first things I do is turn off the sound. So that means nothing either.

One thing that should be said is that if they are going to implement a feature be it 3D stadiums, commentary, crowd sound, press conferences, training module etc they should be improved upon year on year and be the best that they can be at any point in time. Some people will get the benefit of any particular update and others wont because of the way they play the game but i think it can be said stadiums have stagnated or gone backwards, arguably.

Edited by jimbo22

5 hours ago, FedAt said:

I think data hub and wide cd is their headline features.

This. They’ve already announced the headlines features...it was clear after the FM Features preview video they released too.

A new positional role as a headline feature though...come on...

2 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

How come handsballs and protesting to the referee are never considered ? it would add to the realism for sure..

I got a penalty for handball yesterday. Rare but they do happen.

5 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

How come handsballs and protesting to the referee are never considered ? it would add to the realism for sure..

Both are there. I've seen penalties given for handballs and I've seen players yellow carded for arguing with referees.

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Should be another video today then 

Hopefully, I've wondered if they might delay it till next week as its closer to the BETA date so more of a build up in a way. But at the same time it would be a good PR/marketing move to quickly  follow up the bad news (about FM Touch for those that play it) with the next video which is good news.