Match 31 and Match 32: Czech Republic vs England (ITV1 live from Wembley) & Croatia vs Scotland (ITV4 live from Hampden Park) at 8pm (BST)

thefmveteran86

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

Can’t be having these 2nd half’s come knockout, as this is what done us over against Croatia. Drop off, lose tempo and if we concede find it hard to get going again.

If we are in the lead I am more than happy for us to close up and bore the game to the end tbh

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, pearcey_90 said:

Can’t be having these 2nd half’s come knockout, as this is what done us over against Croatia. Drop off, lose tempo and if we concede find it hard to get going again.

You mean a game we won and looked in control of and never looked threatened?

Completely agree this half has been dire from an attacking perspective but it's been controlled (though I do think Czech Republic aren't exactly giving it full throttle.) 

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

2nd from D plays 2nd from E.

It's up in the air. If Sweden doesn't beat Poland,  then they're second.

But idk if playing Holland is preferable to playing this turgid Spain.

Ahh, had it all mixed up. Second is best position to finish in D then. 

Just now, Pukey said:

Completely agree this half has been dire from an attacking perspective but it's been controlled (though I do think Czech Republic aren't exactly giving it full throttle.) 

World cup I think...

Just now, Pukey said:

Pretty sure he means the world cup semi 

Just now, Pukey said:

This is a convenient draw for both, we get the easyish win, the Czechs get an easier last 16 draw.

Just now, Haguey said:

This is a convenient draw for both, we get the easyish win, the Czechs get an easier last 16 draw.

Wasn't paying close attention, but Czech probably hoped Croatia doesn't overtake them on GD.

And the draw isn't easier.

Sweden/Spain for second or Holland?

3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Matterface gets a lot of hate, but Dixon is utterly woeful as a co commentator.

Looks like a clear foul on Shaw, "the standard of refereeing in this tournament has been brilliant"

I do feel for Scottish fans. The game on Friday they played great. But if they were ever going to get thru to the knockout stages of a major tournament, this one with 2 home games and a format that seems to make it harder to get knocked out from was surely going to be the one 

Just now, Mr Adam said:

I do feel for Scottish fans. The game on Friday they played great. But if they were ever going to get thru to the knockout stages of a major tournament, this one with 2 home games and a format that seems to make it harder to get knocked out from was surely going to be the one 

I for one don't feel for the current European championship holders. They've even scored a goal now.

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

I actually think he does it for himself. He’s been working with a therapist on ensuring he remains calm / focused 

That would make sense. It seems to be working for him so far, he’s been top class in all the group games.

WE'VE WON THE GROUP! :D

Which means we're gonna get smashed up by Mbappé / Ronaldo / Havertz / Attila Fiola on Tuesday! :lol:

Edited by CFuller
I can't read.

Just now, Mr Adam said:

They'll take it as something to build from hopefully. Got some decent young players, a couple of uncapped players abroad that could add an extra dimension in September like Liam Henderson and Ryan Gauld, they can't go thinking this is the best they've got.

Just now, Heartwork said:

Yeah he knows he's got the easier draw.

The thing is if we're aiming to go far we have the better side of the draw if we can win our next game. The Czechs would settle for just getting to the Quarters I'd think.

3 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

As an England fan, I know some Scotland fans, they did great against us on Friday but were always going to be outplayed by the other two opponents in our group, our match always had the extra pride so they delivered on that part

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

They'll take it as something to build from hopefully. Got some decent young players, a couple of uncapped players abroad that could add an extra dimension in September like Liam Henderson and Ryan Gauld, they can't go thinking this is the best they've got.

Gauld :D

he'd have to move to the SPL to get a game under negative Clarke

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Scotland miss having a half decent striker tbh. They looked really good with the crosses from the full backs, but just lack anyone up front to take their chances. Adams was always a bit off. 

The game felt aesthetically better, but did we really create anything more than the other games (okay we did more than Scotland)? Saka looked really good though and poses an interesting question for the next game.

But I'm still think we're getting pumped in the next round, we're just not creating enough for the players out there.