Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I just had a game where I substituted two players and instead of the new players coming on, the got subbed for themselves (Daramy and Fischer in the screenshot). In what part of the bug forum would I log that? 

20210102214003_1.jpg

I'd say here;

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/822-match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

FInally played full season (and second in a row :D)

• dont sure how works option when you accepted one transfer offer and use ultimatum for other. Looked like their offer price were the same, no the biggest I accepted
  • If we have ultimatum (not sure how this option called in English), sadly I didnt find an option of 'bets. Example - Atalanta asked for my player 7.5 mln and I agreed. Few days later Brighton offered 8.5 mln. Why I can say to Atalanta - improve offer or transfer is cancel? Atalanta is priority for my player + after I cancelled their offer, player waited a week for new one before joined to Brighton
  • Arsenal offered for my player and I denied. Player want to leave and sabotage everything. I want to keep him so I was patient. But he want to move in any club already, even lower mine (he wanted to Arsenal because their reputation and players better). Our relations still good, so strange player want to leave my club for lower but all started from offer of bigger club :idiot:
  • Some interface improves just mean that I need to do more clicks. Not cool
  • 1/4 of national cup was played when my leaders leaved to natteams. Created the topic, but big issue and didnt notice this from FM17 times. First season, covid schedule, but still
  • IMO covid schedule is mistake in FM. Realism which give any profits in the end. It would be great to have an option for first season covid-realistic schedule or classic-typical

But I played two season in one of my favourite styles (fluid counter), in second I won the league and missed just 0.43 goals per game :cool: But better thing that it happened in style which I wanted and I really enjoy this save never as before.
Really like this ME because I watch a game, notice some things, correct my tactic, check influence and clearly see a difference :thup: I'm waiting for 21.3 patch and want to start a long journeyman save 

Have player ratings taken a hit?

You can see below, my first season at Crystal Palace, I actually managed to well overachieve and finish 5th in the Premier League and also won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup, but only 3 players averaged over a 7 rating.

My right-back got 11 assists in 33 games and only got a 6.75?

Zaha, from right-wing with 9 goals and 6 assists in 30 games = rating of just 6.76?

Vlasic with 10 goals and 9 assists in 37 games - rating of just 6.94?

The whole team overachieved, so really all ratings should naturally be up.

Never known ratings to be so low in any FM before.

Screenshot-2021-01-02-at-21-53-54.png

Edited by stevemc

20 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Have player ratings taken a hit?

You can see below, my first season at Crystal Palace, I actually managed to well overachieve and finish 5th in the Premier League and also won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup, but only 3 players averaged over a 7 rating.

My right-back got 11 assists in 33 games and only got a 6.75?

Zaha, from right-wing with 9 goals and 6 assists in 30 games = rating of just 6.76?

Vlasic with 10 goals and 9 assists in 37 games - rating of just 6.94?

The whole team overachieved, so really all ratings should naturally be up.

Never known ratings to be so low in any FM before.

Screenshot-2021-01-02-at-21-53-54.png

Yep. Stats like key tackles etc aren't being recorded. It's a huge issue which is affecting value, morale as well as player development. Sadly, no hotfix yet.

Edited by Domoboy23

please report it as a bug @stevemc and upload your save. The more examples the better.

It's a strange one as I used to have the same, then took over at Atalanta and ratings were normal for 4-5 years, now I'm back in the Bundesliga and have the same issue again. All in the same save and patch.

Edited by freddieos

My biggest frustration right now is trying to work out how to defend from throw ins. My team are fine in transitions, we're fine going forward, but defending in our 4-4-1-1 causes numerous issues. I am petrified anytime a highlight starts from a throw in because it's probably going to lead to my players being skinned and losing players in the box. 

Player ratings, especially for my FB, is becoming annoying purely because I've had enough of the same smug reporters asking me why I didn't take my RB off for being *****. He's not that bad lmao.

2 minutes ago, freddieos said:

please report it as a bug @stevemc and upload your save. The more examples the better.

It's a strange one as I used to have the same, then took over at Atalanta and ratings were normal for 4-5 years, now I'm back in the Bundesliga and have the same issue again. All in the same save and patch.

Yeah, I don't think it's a 100% bug, or there is gradients of it or something. My left back have a rating of 6.93 this season, something I think seems perfectly fine. My right back has 6.74, a bit low, but not unheard of.

I think there is some merit to the bug reports, but it's not something that happens 100% of the time. So everyone who experience it should report it in the bugs section so SI can find the various causes for it and hopefully fix it.

46 minutes ago, freddieos said:

You know your way around the transfer market @KlaaZ :brock:

Haha, thanks! I'm about to do an update on the progression of my younger players and to give an introduction of my youth team in my  career update. FC Kobenhavn (and Scandinavian football in general) have some amazing prospects and the football there is really on the way up. 

Am I the only one unable to do post match team talks?

I can only leave the screen after the match, and my team is given a "silent treatment"

It always says that the team talk is completed (even though I did nothing)

Edited by AEJ

1 hour ago, AEJ said:

Am I the only one unable to do post match team talks?

I can only leave the screen after the match, and my team is given a "silent treatment"

It always says that the team talk is completed (even though I did nothing)

Are using a custom skin?

Have you delegated team talks to the AM?

12 hours ago, glenjamin said:

What is the story with not being able to change who takes the penalty when a player is on a hattrick? I'm 2-1 up and award a penalty. My MC who has scored both goals opts to take the penalty whilst despite changing kick takers to my other player with 16 for penalties, the MC still takes the penalty and misses! 8 minutes later they get a penalty and score. This has been an issue for years and still not fixed. 

If you go to your penalty taker lists and look at the bottom, you will see a ticked box which says next to it "Allow player who has scored 2 goals to take penalty". Untick this box if you want your designated taker to have any spot kick. Be warned only changing it once a penalty is awarded may not allow time for your message to get across. 

2 horas atrás, FrazT disse:

Are using a custom skin?

Have you delegated team talks to the AM?

No and no

I am in pre season and everything was fine. I actually played 4 friendlies without issues, but  in the fifth friendly the problem that I mentioned suddenly started 

Edited by AEJ

I am glad to see injuries are a thing in FM again. Earlier I had almost no injuries at all. Currently, I have five players injuried (and four away long term on internationals, yet everyone is baffled I am losing games :D).

Not being sarcastic. Injuries are a real life challenge for managers and should be a part of FM. 

14 hours ago, rodau said:

Is it will be easy or hard?
In my opinion FM has a normal difficult. I don't agree with those who says that the game is easy

This year the game is too easy.

I'm managing a team with the lowest budget in the league, and we've just won the first half of the season (Apertura). The second half has started and we've won 4-1, 4-1, and 5-0 - against some of the best teams in the league.

A friend is winning every game of his using a stupid formation. I see other people earning 3 promotions in 3 years. It's only when you're massively outclassed that your team really struggles, every other game, even if I don't win I feel like we could easily have won on another day.

Right now it's so easy that it's becoming a bit boring. I want to feel like I've earned promotion, not cruise to it in the first season despite selling my best player and spending £0 on new signings.

21 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

This year the game is too easy.

I'm managing a team with the lowest budget in the league, and we've just won the first half of the season (Apertura). The second half has started and we've won 4-1, 4-1, and 5-0 - against some of the best teams in the league.

A friend is winning every game of his using a stupid formation. I see other people earning 3 promotions in 3 years. It's only when you're massively outclassed that your team really struggles, every other game, even if I don't win I feel like we could easily have won on another day.

Right now it's so easy that it's becoming a bit boring. I want to feel like I've earned promotion, not cruise to it in the first season despite selling my best player and spending £0 on new signings.

The game is perfect. Make it harder and it will be unplayable for me.

Does anyone know how to tell your scouts to scout a specific league or competition anymore?

I'm trying to scout lower leagues for talent. However, short term focus will only allow me to search for players who would fit in my current formation with the current roles selected... and even then I have to choose a specific position each time.

I am so bad at this game that the ME don't even bother to show me what happens when my striker is one on one with the goalkeeper on extended highlights. It just cuts the scene. Like, "Come on, dude. It's not like your striker are going to score anyway". :D

Edited by Viking

When the update was out I couldn't get into a save due to work, finally it's NY holidays. Well... I get the feeling that I'm playing 20 again, but with a trashy UI this time. Blocked crosses, impotent strikers again, lack of central play, all that I thought was ok is back now. I know most people enjoy 21, maybe I'll get into it too, but this is a kick in the groin to me

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Does anyone know how to tell your scouts to scout a specific league or competition anymore?

I'm trying to scout lower leagues for talent. However, short term focus will only allow me to search for players who would fit in my current formation with the current roles selected... and even then I have to choose a specific position each time.

you pick your scout, create an assignment and at the top right it says where they can scout, find league/competition and its done.

Short term focus is for wanting a specific position/role in mind in the transfer window (or at least thats my take on it) 

25 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

When the update was out I couldn't get into a save due to work, finally it's NY holidays. Well... I get the feeling that I'm playing 20 again, but with a trashy UI this time. Blocked crosses, impotent strikers again, lack of central play, all that I thought was ok is back now. I know most people enjoy 21, maybe I'll get into it too, but this is a kick in the groin to me

i cant enjoy it until the player ratings bug is fixed

The number of blocked shots is insane. The more I play, the more annoying they become. I mean, what is the point of showing blocked shots during extended highlights. You watch whole highlight just to see shots getting blocked. It drives me crazy at times, just miss it, shoot somewhere else but not to the defender. 

Edited by CM

5 horas atrás, Mcfc1894 disse:

The games way too easy you only have to look at the guides on this forum and 90% of people are overachieving 

But is it too easy just in this version tho? You can always overachieve with a team with good players if you know the basics of creating a tactic and put the right players in the right positions. 

I think it's always been like that.

Edited by mikcheck

1 hour ago, BigV said:

you pick your scout, create an assignment and at the top right it says where they can scout, find league/competition and its done.

Short term focus is for wanting a specific position/role in mind in the transfer window (or at least thats my take on it) 

Sorry but I still can't find it anywhere. Neither on the scouts personal page, the scouting centre or the current assignment list :(

I denied 73 offers during summer. I dont want sell my u18 players at all. So routine and feel like spam

And I dont understand AI offers. Offered me payment by instalments for my important player, price as his default. I dont sell him. So of course I dont want sell him by nominal cost

The separate thing - offers to players which I dont try to sell and which dont want to join for a club. I understood if offer is great, but this is just ridiculous.

And AI ignores clause. I deny many offers for player which has clause. I set wish price as his clause. Actually I dont remember AI was so intrusive in fm20 as fm21

Edited by Novem9

I have my winger running 15km a game

14km is league average

not even close to real life

I reported this with screenshots on bugs forum and guess what the SI staff told me

"attach your save"

max total size for attachment is 9.77mb and they want me to attach a save which is at least 10mb

No response since then lol

You don't upload a save file as a forum attachment. You upload the save file to their cloud server.

If more users uploaded their saves when submitting bug reports (especially those who want the 'no key tackles' and 'low player ratings' bugs to be fixed), it'll lead to a lot less frustration for everyone.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

You don't upload a save file as a forum attachment. You upload the save file to their cloud server.

If more users uploaded their saves when submitting bug reports (especially those who want the 'no key tackles' and 'low player ratings' bugs to be fixed), it'll lead to a lot less frustration for everyone.

well if he explained that to me then I would've easily done that, but all he told me to do was to upload a save so....

thanks for helping out but I just don't like how they react to feedbacks in general

13 minutes ago, OHoh said:

well if he explained that to me then I would've easily done that, but all he told me to do was to upload a save so....

thanks for helping out but I just don't like how they react to feedbacks in general

It has it said twice on the bugs page, one at the top hyperlinked and at the bottom of the subforums, he didnt have to.

I've might run into a game-breaking bug on my main/only long-term save. Basically players I have been buidling up scouting as a talent pool (mainly free agents due the lower leagues) are mass-retiring at the age of 23-26 hence my shortlist are slowly disappearing. I can't sign them now, only 6 month in the future as I am over my wage budget. 

Most of them were actually usable footballers, have attributes averaging 11-13 which is more than good for the Czech 2nd division I am in. I have  around 400k+ players loaded up with basically almost all of EU's second division playable up to 3rd divisions in the main footballing countries, large database, etc. Processing details set to maximum on nation competitions and the local league (now CZ). Then this happens (20 March 2022, 2 years in my save started at the release and now getting time to progress): 

image.thumb.png.6f54ba05a707cb48f92a9e6576516df2.pngA

Almost all of them were trialist at me for 2 weeks, then they gone to my default shortlist or talent pool shortlist hence why they are in the news feed. The issue is that now I only have 70+ free agents I have scouted in the past months. Why do these talents retire? Do the game has a limit of deleting everybody who is a free agent for more than 6 months of wtf? I am shocked literally now, almost half years scouting work to bin becasue of this? Anyone has the same issue or this is standard FM procedure?  

29 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

I've might run into a game-breaking bug on my main/only long-term save. Basically players I have been buidling up scouting as a talent pool (mainly free agents due the lower leagues) are mass-retiring at the age of 23-26 hence my shortlist are slowly disappearing. I can't sign them now, only 6 month in the future as I am over my wage budget. 

Most of them were actually usable footballers, have attributes averaging 11-13 which is more than good for the Czech 2nd division I am in. I have  around 400k+ players loaded up with basically almost all of EU's second division playable up to 3rd divisions in the main footballing countries, large database, etc. Processing details set to maximum on nation competitions and the local league (now CZ). Then this happens (20 March 2022, 2 years in my save started at the release and now getting time to progress): 

Almost all of them were trialist at me for 2 weeks, then they gone to my default shortlist or talent pool shortlist hence why they are in the news feed. The issue is that now I only have 70+ free agents I have scouted in the past months. Why do these talents retire? Do the game has a limit of deleting everybody who is a free agent for more than 6 months of wtf? I am shocked literally now, almost half years scouting work to bin becasue of this? Anyone has the same issue or this is standard FM procedure?  

Yh that doesn't seem right put it in the bug forums

18 minutes ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Yh that doesn't seem right put it in the bug forums

It might have to do with the annual youth intake as I am in March and a lot of newgens come the game. Although I still don't understand why it deletes most of the players I have trialed, I am offended by the "random" selection :D . FFS the game just wiped out Seedorf's son (Collin, 26) from whom I was planning to sign as a starter for next season. 

This totally kills the immersion now. 

Is there a specific rule coded to FM on how long free agents will hang around until they retire if they dont receive a contract from a team? 

Edited by marioNOW

3 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

It might have to do with the annual youth intake as I am in March and a lot of newgens come the game. Although I still don't understand why it deletes most of the players I have trialed, I am offended by the "random" selection :D . FFS the game just wiped out Seedorf's son (Collin, 26) from whom I was planning to sign as a starter for next season. 

This totally kills the immersion now. 

Is there a specific rule coded to FM on how long free agents will hang around until they retire if they dont receive a contract from a team? 

I find that a lot of retirements do tend to happen around that time, but I'm not sure if it's specifically related to the youth intake. This still seems a bit odd, though, and might be worth a bug report.

And not that it matters, but Collin Seedorf is Clarence's nephew. Clarence has quite a few relatives in the game as players, as far as I know.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb marioNOW:

this sounds like the bug of decreasing db-size over time. SI is still working on the bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next update :)

Cheers

Daveincid

Since the update i havent been enjoying the game as much.   The match engine dont seem as good as before.  I was loving the match engine before the update and scoring wonderful goals but since i have updated it just hasnt been the same.  I had my steam set to offline mode so i could avoid the update but i forgot and put my steam on and it updated automatically.  Is there any way i can go back to the previous match engine.

1 hour ago, maxy said:

I have to put "my team stats" and "my team formation" almost every single match on "touchline tablet". I don't want to have to keep changing. This is a pain in the a...

Is it possible to fix this?

3142.jpg.a5774a8feb9889036683806a8bb5b16f.jpg

I concur with this

9 hours ago, BigV said:

It has it said twice on the bugs page, one at the top hyperlinked and at the bottom of the subforums, he didnt have to.

Well if I don't know about its existence and asks for advice I think he does

11 hours ago, Flumpy_85 said:

Since the update i havent been enjoying the game as much.   The match engine dont seem as good as before.  I was loving the match engine before the update and scoring wonderful goals but since i have updated it just hasnt been the same.  I had my steam set to offline mode so i could avoid the update but i forgot and put my steam on and it updated automatically.  Is there any way i can go back to the previous match engine.

I dunno if this still works but when you set up the game, it usually has the versions on the top right of a screen in a drop down menu, might be around picking your club or manager profile but dont quote me.