Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

The 4 top leagues at full detail, all players controlled by AI, no human interferences:

Martial 32 goals 6 assists 7.14

Sandro 27 goals 7.00

Morales 23 goals 6.94

Caputo 23 goals 6.85

etc

Seriously someone can tell that it is not broken compared to no full detail leagues, and compared with every FM of the last years??? Attackers are not fixed!

image.thumb.png.7971bc2d85a404d43595c7539a0b6a37.png

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Does he take set pieces?

No, only real difference I can see was he had no key passes for the first time this season.

A one off bad performance that just happened to come first game after the fix 

Edited by Iakovenko

1 hour ago, pejocho said:

The 4 top leagues at full detail, all players controlled by AI, no human interferences:

Martial 32 goals 6 assists 7.14

Sandro 27 goals 7.00

Morales 23 goals 6.94

Caputo 23 goals 6.85

etc

Seriously someone can tell that it is not broken compared to no full detail leagues, and compared with every FM of the last years??? Attackers are not fixed!

image.thumb.png.7971bc2d85a404d43595c7539a0b6a37.png

This is still an issue. 

If my striker scores 2 goals he never gets an 8 or higher. Hat trick - gets a 9. 

What is required to get a 10?

4-1 win and then a 3-0 win back to back and yet in both games most of my team bar the strikers are averaging a 6.6?? How does this make sense? This has never happened on a previous FM, winning by these scores would result in the entire team having at least a 7.1.

Starting to think my save is just bugged at this point, considering starting a fresh one and seeing what happens with that.

So, I'm playing in Brazil with only south and north american leagues loaded, I know that I'm reaching the end of my first season but I didn't see any European or Chinese club trying to buy players from Brazilian clubs. Is that normal? Will it be improved from the second season on?

51 minutes ago, DP said:

This is still an issue. 

If my striker scores 2 goals he never gets an 8 or higher. Hat trick - gets a 9. 

In first game i saw since patch last night a striket for my reserves got a 10. At first glance he had scored 1 in a 6-0 win and i thought oh dear its gone extreme the other way.

On closer inspection he also got 4 assists so to answer your question a goal and 4 assists gets a 10.

7 minutes ago, Cider Ed said:

In first game i saw since patch last night a striket for my reserves got a 10. At first glance he had scored 1 in a 6-0 win and i thought oh dear its gone extreme the other way.

On closer inspection he also got 4 assists so to answer your question a goal and 4 assists gets a 10.

Ok but are the reserves on full detail? 

35 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

4-1 win and then a 3-0 win back to back and yet in both games most of my team bar the strikers are averaging a 6.6?? How does this make sense? This has never happened on a previous FM, winning by these scores would result in the entire team having at least a 7.1.

Starting to think my save is just bugged at this point, considering starting a fresh one and seeing what happens with that.

It depends. If your strikers were not involved in the goals then it is possible. For me personally playing Serie A with Napoli I imidiately noticed the difference with the hotfix. The players now have better ratings then before and also more accurate.

10 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

It depends. If your strikers were not involved in the goals then it is possible. For me personally playing Serie A with Napoli I imidiately noticed the difference with the hotfix. The players now have better ratings then before and also more accurate.

I meant my strikers were the ones above a 6.6 as they were involved in the goals, everybody else in the team, even those with assists, got terrible ratings. Started a new save and immediately saw an improvement in player ratings so not sure whats going on really.

19 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Some of the competition fixes (Israel squad numbers and Premier Division fixtures) are retroactive so will be save game compatible. All others will be save game compatible. 

Hi Neil, will the fixtures fix work on beta save please? 

Harry Kane has just scored 6 goals and an assist for me and got a 10 in a 7-1 wn over Southampton.

image.thumb.png.90f6b3d0a8110bd348fa5f9ccf15ef06.png

1st impressions after the hotfix are that it is far too easy and unrealistic.

Edited by Os

il y a 2 minutes, Os a dit :

Harry Kane has just scored 6 goals and an assist for me and got a 10 in a 7-1 wn over Southamptn.

1st impressions after the hotfix are that it is far too easy and unrealistic.

Wait what? It was already the case before the update, game was easy, they just touched player ratings.

10 for 6 goals is normal

Ok, I see people again doubting if there is still a problem or not, as if this was not an objective and verifiable thing, so I will show the simple test:

4 top leagues (Italy, Germany, Spain, England)

The same save, simulated by two way, all at full detail and all at no full detail.

I only show players that have played >20 matches to get representative results.

GK:

No full detail

image.thumb.png.54a5270f2741c23607eb35bed700ee50.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.e9faf9d4ab1a8f0d065d7fff271887a1.png

Okey, acceptable

Center defenders:

no full detail

image.thumb.png.854f24b41ca85c474de51c7dcb4a71e1.png

full detail:

image.thumb.png.36f65f43fcc4a504aa259d0ea9097c77.png

Acceptable

Fullbacks:

no full detail:

image.thumb.png.81b276d902dcaf14902426f8ca3c11d0.png

full detail:

image.thumb.png.36ea9152fa673a3fbe212c296d519e61.png

Acceptable

Defensive midfielders:

no full detail:

image.thumb.png.9dae506cbf523099a9cbd3ce8b04fbbb.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.47dc2c4cd2df25efba00b5b6b3a478ef.png

Acceptable

Central midfielders

no full detail

image.thumb.png.3745a0fe5b07feeabb40039ceac6ba66.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.f90c86b4268ae1494db6b754cb67d653.png

Acceptable

Attacking midfielders

no full detail

image.thumb.png.d43ad45f21f186beb2a5e4415e19642f.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.c39451e2a38c603b5d437e195999fc0b.png

We can see more differences here, not huge but a bit different

Wingers

no full detail

image.thumb.png.ced5ba5e526abca0d296300e0823ee2f.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.e552a7502f90711c3b3b8651085786fd.png

Not fixed, huge differences, more that 0.20 difference as average as minimun

Strikers

no full detail

image.thumb.png.32a6123bf257858e9ce61ed9e84b061d.png

full detail

image.thumb.png.0d154bd37bd4084dd4579b9c818b8d5b.png

Not fixed, huge differences, more that 0.20 difference as average as minimun

Conclusion: Yes, there is a improvement, but strikers and wingers continue getting lower ratings compared to no full detail leagues

Edited by pejocho
bad english grammar

3 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Wait what? It was already the case before the update, game was easy, they just touched player ratings.

10 for 6 goals is normal

I never found this, it's reminding me of the beta where they said high morale was leading to OP performances.

2 minutes ago, pejocho said:

It would make sense if full detail and no full detail leagues gets the same ratings, but it is no the case

As you know already, this is under review. :thup:

@pejocho - I see you have posted in the bugs section, so let SI have a look there. However, if others don't think it's an issue, there's no need to try to convince them otherwise.

Those who have issues can add examples to your post while the ones who don't can just play on as normal if they like.

For my part, I haven't noticed any difference since the patch. Not for full backs, and not for strikers or wingers. Then again, I didn't have an issue before the patch either. My best full back had 7.18 as average rating last season and this season (with the new patch) he has 7.37 so far, but more assists than last season, so that could contribute to the higher rating.

My best winger have had an average of over 8 for the last 3 seasons, and still does so far this time around, so I can't say much have changed for my part.

The highest rated player for an AI team in my league is a winger as well with 7.40 average, so things look fine here.

hace 1 minuto, HUNT3R dijo:

As you know already, this is under review. :thup:

Sincerely I didnt know, I saw that SI published the new update fixing the player ratings problem, and they told that they would improve other things like key tackles etc, but i didnt read that player ratings continue being a issue.If so, im glad of it.

3 minutes ago, pejocho said:

Sincerely I didnt know, I saw that SI published the new update fixing the player ratings problem, and they told that they would improve other things like key tackles etc, but i didnt read that player ratings continue being a issue.If so, im glad of it.

The change list mentions changes to match ratings in the ME as that was the problem - it was abnormally low in a lot of cases. This doesn't affect quick sim ME ratings which is much more comparable, though still a little off. So that is still going to be under review.

I wish I could take back all the things I've said about my full backs in this save. So many warnings , fines, transfer listings and berating in press conferences.

The last one I sold just got player of the season.

Long throws are way too OP when 2 human managers face each other

This is 2021 not 2008 only Delap was a constant long throw threat

I literally dont remember the last time someone scored from a long throw in top flight football

In game players with 14-16 LT ratings can hit the far side of the 6 yard box from a throw 20 yards from the goal line (Digne)

ive never seen him do such a feat in real life

You cant tell any attacking mids or wingers that they squandered chances. dunno what the logic behind that is.

If a player scores 1 you cant complain that he missed plenty of big chances. Is it score one goal and thats it jobs done??

Edited by jere_d

So here we go again. It's like groundhog Day every year with these updates that change the game. Getting fed up now - tactic now useless, Hull city in league one should be easy with the squad I have - lost 4 out of 5 and got sacked. The tactic pre update took me straight to prem and where I was top half in the premiership every season 

40 minutes ago, theeyeofthetiger said:

So here we go again. It's like groundhog Day every year with these updates that change the game. Getting fed up now - tactic now useless, Hull city in league one should be easy with the squad I have - lost 4 out of 5 and got sacked. The tactic pre update took me straight to prem and where I was top half in the premiership every season 

Didn’t fancy changing it? In all honesty I was convinced after every update that there were stealth tweaks to the ME that resulted in my tactic being skewed too. But I’m more inclined to believe now that it’s just psychosomatic and coincidence. Mainly because, if anything, my tactic appears stronger after this hotfix (it’s not, my players are just progressing with it better).

Edited by Tyburn

Five seasons in, won 3 Prem titles and in final season won the treble of league / FA cup / champions league. All while having the highest net profit transfer spend in the league (about £40m up last season). In the summer I ask the board to step in and buy Jude Bellingham for me, and attached is the reply I get.

It's either a bug or the game is taking the ****.

SI.PNG

2 minutes ago, beirneoliver said:

Five seasons in, won 3 Prem titles and in final season won the treble of league / FA cup / champions league. All while having the highest net profit transfer spend in the league (about £40m up last season). In the summer I ask the board to step in and buy Jude Bellingham for me, and attached is the reply I get.

Having a high net transfer spend means you spend as lot more than you sell... Which could explain why they ain't backing you fiscally.

anyways you missed out the important info... The screen shot of your club vision, so we can see if you're actually under pressure.

10 minutes ago, beirneoliver said:

SI.PNG

It’s Levy! What did you expect ;)

Sorry I meant that's the amount I brought in more than I spent. The club has been profitable on transfers every season. As you asked for vision, here you go and I also included the finance screen as well.

There's also the point to be addressed in the original post that I am 'hardly enjoying a strong season'. That just makes no sense.

SI3.PNG

SI4.PNG

Player ratings have really gone to dust. While the new hotfix 'seems' to have fixed the player ratings, its far from it. 

Looks like the ratings problem has simply been transferred from the defensive players to the offensive players. These were the ratings i got in a 0-1 loss to leicester.

Prior to any of the patches, i lost 0-3 to leicester and ratings are about the same as a 0-1 loss in the new patch.

I dream of the day I can get such ratings in a 1-0 victory once again

image.png.3a6518bc44636e4f5523e0de276f2983.png

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, theeyeofthetiger said:

There were no changes to the ME other than how much value each involvement have for player rating, so if you are struggling then it's got nothing to do with the update.

20 hours ago, DP said:

This is still an issue. 

Usually in most previous FM's it would take 6 goals (double hat trick) for them to get a 10, strikers having an excellent season usually average around 7.4 rating over the course of the season.

Players don't have out of this world matches every game in FM, it's just not realistic, form, fitness, morale or factor in to their game performance.

People need to not get obsessed with the highest number all the time for everything, any player that has a 7 ave rating or higher should be classed as a world class season.  

1 hour ago, barbecuepit said:

Player ratings have really gone to dust. While the new hotfix 'seems' to have fixed the player ratings, its far from it. 

Looks like the ratings problem has simply been transferred from the defensive players to the offensive players. These were the ratings i got in a 0-1 loss to leicester.

Prior to any of the patches, i lost 0-3 to leicester and ratings are about the same as a 0-1 loss in the new patch.

I dream of the day I can get such ratings in a 1-0 victory once again

image.png.3a6518bc44636e4f5523e0de276f2983.png

image.png

image.png

Really what this highlights is just how pointless player ratings have been for years in FM. Win or lose, your players are all rated fairly similarly. It tells you practically nothing useful.

I'd love SI to implement a proper rating system that can actually rate players on a scale from 1-10, not from 6-7.

8 minutes ago, HCFC87 said:

Really what this highlights is just how pointless player ratings have been for years in FM. Win or lose, your players are all rated fairly similarly. It tells you practically nothing useful.

I'd love SI to implement a proper rating system that can actually rate players on a scale from 1-10, not from 6-7.

They ARE rated from 1-10.

48 minutes ago, mexicola34 said:

Usually in most previous FM's it would take 6 goals (double hat trick) for them to get a 10, strikers having an excellent season usually average around 7.4 rating over the course of the season.

Players don't have out of this world matches every game in FM, it's just not realistic, form, fitness, morale or factor in to their game performance.

People need to not get obsessed with the highest number all the time for everything, any player that has a 7 ave rating or higher should be classed as a world class season.  

If that’s world class, what’s ‘very good’?

And what’s ‘good’?

And what’s ‘average’?

And what’s ‘poor’?

I think you’ve set the bar far too low for ‘world class’. What about players that do get 8 averages, what are they?

I got promoted at Forest first season, left it before start of new season, made no new signings but once I loaded it back up I’m now in January of that season, and this is very annoying and less interesting as I haven’t done what I wanted to do, and I can’t reload back to a time before then, and I do not want to redo a career again as I might not replicate, please help