Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Bobek said:

There arent limits to upgrade capacity of stadium in this FM? 

I have upgraded capacity already 3 times and Im able to to it for a 4th time. 

In previous FM's there was limit of upgradeing capacity of 2 times

Don't think it is, I'm building my 2nd stadium in 6 years, so if there were any hard coded things earlier, I assume it's been loosened up.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been keeping watch of the thread before and seeing all the praise for the match engine gave me good hopes, especially after the pure frustration that last year's one was.

Got the game for christmas and finally got a shot at it and I must say I'm disappointed.

Finishing has luckily been fixed. Various kinds of finishing and intelligent finishing. Strikers slightly chipping it over the goalkeepers legs to hit the net or someone shoving it in with the heel. Amazing. Good job here.

But then the other issues still exist. Fullbacks still run up to the backline before shooting it into someone's legs, strikers, when at the backline, don't cut back and pass it or play it across the box for someone else to tap it in, but they dribble inside the area to shoot at the goalie from weird angles and there is still an unholy amount of opposition players blocking shots in the opponent's box even at shots that should pretty much be unable to be blocked.

Wingers that head the ball coming from a cross still had it onto the post or crossbar instead of properly heading it in.

I've also seen a lot more through balls this year, but only a handful. Most come from deep to put it in behind the defense, so you're forced to play a counter-based tactic to get profit off of it. Bit of a shame because before there were apparently a lot more through balls around the penalty boxes too.

The new features are... useless fluff. It doesn't look nice and it's useless. Not sure what is up with shouts either. Last year there were a couple of shouts that worked well, but now whatever shout you pick players always react badly. Boxes/options that pop up during the match disappear too fast so you can never click them if you wanted to make use of them.

Oh, and before I forget. Penalties. I have no idea what's up with them but thus far I've seen 8 penalties and only 2(!) got scored. My striker with 17 penalties, 16 finishing and 16 composure missed 4 penalties out of 5, the penalty taker after him also missed half of what he took and my opponents also constantly miss their penalties. Might as well put my goalkeeper on them.

All in all, while I do enjoy the gameplay more purely because finishing isn't as ****ed anymore, but everything else is just a reskin. Bit of a shame to see after I saw so much praise before.

I reverted back to FM20 and really appreciated the matchday interface, team talk interface, press conference interface, and easy access to in-game stats. The FM20 match engine has too many shots, throw-ins, and crosses, but the FM21 is far from perfect itself (too many balls over the top, too many corners). Objectively, I think FM20 is the better game for now because it doesn't have as many player ratings issues, doesn't have silly player position/role promises, and has a more enjoyable match day experience. I do miss xG, though.

For FM22, I hope the interface improves or I'm not going to buy it.

1 hour ago, Overmars said:

I reverted back to FM20 and really appreciated the matchday interface, team talk interface, press conference interface, and easy access to in-game stats. The FM20 match engine has too many shots, throw-ins, and crosses, but the FM21 is far from perfect itself (too many balls over the top, too many corners). Objectively, I think FM20 is the better game for now because it doesn't have as many player ratings issues, doesn't have silly player position/role promises, and has a more enjoyable match day experience. I do miss xG, though.

For FM22, I hope the interface improves or I'm not going to buy it.

I've done the same and I'm thrilled how much less I'm seeing wide players cross directly into the defender In front of them.

The name of the latest opposition goal scorer getting stuck on the screen is building up to become one of the most infurating bugs I have ever encountererd in FM (albeit I have been spared most of the most vicious bugs over the years). It just hangs there to taunt you, every single time, It will probably give me an aneuyrism one of these days. :mad:

And yes, I know it's a tiny, pretty harmless and minutiae compared to other bugs people experience, but... Aaaargh!

Still enjoying the game on a whole, though. :thup:

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

The name of the latest opposition goal scorer getting stuck on the screen is building up to become one of the most infurating bugs I have ever encountererd in FM (albeit I have been spared most of the most vicious bugs over the years). It just hangs there to taunt you, every single time, It will probably give me an aneuyrism one of these days. :mad:

And yes, I know it's a tiny, pretty harmless and minutiae compared to other bugs people experience, but... Aaaargh!

Still enjoying the game on a whole, though. :thup:

Click in any player to go to the main screen, then click up right to comeback to the match, problem solved.

12 minutes ago, stevemc said:

There are some seriously unbelievable newgen Technical Director's at the start of the game and coming through, 18-20's stats everywhere, it's almost cheating signing one of them - surely they are not intentional?

Was the case last year too. Luckily it would seem none of them are interested in coaching/managing else they'd be the best in the world pretty much.

3 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Was the case last year too. Luckily it would seem none of them are interested in coaching/managing else they'd be the best in the world pretty much.

I tend to stay away from newgen staff anyway but just looks off to me.

Edited by stevemc

19 minutes ago, stevemc said:

There are some seriously unbelievable newgen Technical Director's at the start of the game and coming through, 18-20's stats everywhere, it's almost cheating signing one of them - surely they are not intentional?

Started a new save couple days ago and found some newgen staff to be amazing. Ranging from scouting to coaches to directors, not an issue for me but massively advantaged

31 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I tend to stay away from newgen staff anyway but just looks off to me.

I think it's down to not having enough real Technical Directors/Loan Managers in the game. These uber elite ones are also only obtainable if you're one of the top clubs in the game because they demand massive money. Thankfully their roles mean they can't do much damage/unbalance the game.

Anyone noticed a situation when you try to move a player from B-Team to main team and no changes, player still stays in B-team?

upd - I found solution - move a player to U-20 team and after this move to main team :idiot:

Edited by Novem9

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Anyone noticed a situation when you try to move a player from B-Team to main team and no changes, player still stays in B-team?

upd - I found solution - move a player to U-20 team and after this move to main team :idiot:

I had that same problem, so I thank you for that tip!

One more note. I know RPL is a crap , especially for last few years, but Alex Kral price never was lower 6 mln euro after he transfered from Slavia to Spartak. Current price by transfermarkt is 9 mln and as wrote asking price for West Ham will be ~18 mln euro (or higher)

Price of Kral in FM21 - 2.5 mln euro :confused:

There seems to be something broken with FM21... It seems like if you use the Canada Database with any other database.. that it does not work... It doesnt matter what custom Canada database you use... None of them work... just wondering where on the forum i go to post it.. Any other databases work fine no matter what country they are.. I believe this has to do with the hard coding with the CPL..

Edited by Fmfan00

Honestly, everythings just the same since the update. Wingers tucked into the box, not taking people on, ping pong passing outside the box, wide balls to the edges and crosses blocked into the box and when they do get in there 9/10 shots blocked. Players shooting in weird animation ways which wasn't the case before the last update. No cutting through balls or slow patient build up outside the box. Just frantic ping pong resulting in blocked shots. No strikers taking people in just being stationary, no movement for crosses, ball always going behind or to them and shooting very oddly. Not running onto anything of whipped balls into the box. And I'm 8th! It feels like I'm watching the same game again and again. The higher the level you play at the more ridiculous it is. A non league game actually seems semi-realistic. League football and elite level? Nah

Please take me back to the previous ME

Edited by Domoboy23

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Honestly, everythings just the same since the update. Wingers tucked into the box, not taking people on, ping pong passing outside the box, wide balls to the edges and crosses blocked into the box and when they do get in there 9/10 shots blocked. Players shooting in weird animation ways which wasn't the case before the last update. No cutting through balls or slow patient build up outside the box. Just frantic ping pong resulting in blocked shots. No strikers taking people in just being stationary, no movement for crosses, ball always going behind or to them and shooting very oddly. Not running onto anything of whipped balls into the box. And I'm 8th! It feels like I'm watching the same game again and again. The higher the level you play at the more ridiculous it is. A non league game actually seems semi-realistic. League football and elite level? Nah

Please take me back to the previous ME

Weird but I have the opposite experience - I see through balls all the time, whipped early crosses to far post are rare but do happen, patient build up outside opposition's box is very common for me and my wingers and fullbacks take people on every now and again.

Just now, freddieos said:

Weird but I have the opposite experience - I see through balls all the time, whipped early crosses to far post are rare but do happen, patient build up outside opposition's box is very common for me and my wingers and fullbacks take people on every now and again.

In fairness I have found that a ''standard'' width is actually very narrow and wide is a bit closer to normal and helps

Why have Sega/Sigames decided to add this stupid thing where it tells you to change someone's squad status and everytime you do it just upsets/angers your player and ruins morale.

Why add a feature just for the sake of it to make it look like a new game.

Can you please not have this in FM2022. 

If you aint got many new features then don't bring out a game every year. 

I know you got to make money but I would rather pay you £30-£40 a year for the same game as long as its good and not annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

In fairness I have found that a ''standard'' width is actually very narrow and wide is a bit closer to normal and helps

I play Narrow and Standard width usually with overlapping wingbacks/fullbacks. Positive mentality, focus play through the middle.

7 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

Has the 'Mistakes' stat been removed from the game? I feel like FM20 had Mistake and Mistakes leading to goals but I can only see Mistakes leading to goals in FM21.

There are plenty of stats not being recorded in this version, that's why player ratings are so off... I hope they fix it, and soon.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Why have Sega/Sigames decided to add this stupid thing where it tells you to change someone's squad status and everytime you do it just upsets/angers your player and ruins morale.

I know you got to make money but I would rather pay you £30-£40 a year for the same game as long as its good and not annoying. 

Its more helpful than you think, previous versions had it stuck to one status and that was contractual, would make player whinge if they didnt get the game time unless your discipline stat was very high- stil could occur just less often.

I've managed to make it work almost everytime, you only change it when hes being replaced or demoted to 2nd/3rd fiddle, usually works for older players or ones dropping off form too

1 minute ago, BigV said:

Its more helpful than you think, previous versions had it stuck to one status and that was contractual, would make player whinge if they didnt get the game time unless your discipline stat was very high- stil could occur just less often.

I've managed to make it work almost everytime, you only change it when hes being replaced or demoted to 2nd/3rd fiddle, usually works for older players or ones dropping off form too

Maybe I am the minority but I prefer the previous way of doing things. I have never had a successful conversation with a player after changing their player status.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

This is not a new feature and has been around in previous versions.  Receiving advice form the backroom staff is always available but it is up to you as Manager as to whether you accept it or not.  Changing a squad status will almost always have some consequences' so should be done only if absolutely necessary

Just now, FrazT said:

This is not a new feature and has been around in previous versions.  Receiving advice form the backroom staff is always available but it is up to you as Manager as to whether you accept it or not.  Changing a squad status will almost always have some consequences' so should be done only if absolutely necessary

No I know that and in theory I could ignore the advice. All I am saying is every time I change their status from the advice I get from my Assistant it just angers the player.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No I know that and in theory I could ignore the advice. All I am saying is every time I change their status from the advice I get from my Assistant it just angers the player.

In that case it is clear that your AM is giving you advice that will lead to problems, so best just to ignore it , like quite a lot of his advice tbh.

22 hours ago, qwertygod said:

Absolutely scunnered with the low ratings for fullbacks.....how can this still not have been sorted?

Probably because the issue was only really spotted by the time it hit Christmas, and if SI are like many other businesses in the UK, their office would be closed for the Christmas/New Year week, meaning they'd be open again on Monday. Can't exactly fix a patch if the developers are spending Christmas with their families.

On 29/12/2020 at 23:02, Style said:

more notes through playing : 

- XG is amazing addition to the game

- the end of season review is really nice extra

- i think the bottom line UI of players status during the match (i think its called the dougout? ) is unnecessary, or , the line should be movind to the top of the screen

- when playing in international team there is some bugs (im not getting tactics advice before the game from staff )

hope u guys in SI release update soon and fix the Israeli League bugs 

End of season review has always been there though ?

Where is the match "film" or highlights bar from the top gone?

spacer.png

How can I quickly watch a specific event during a match, i.e. a clear cut chance that I know happened in e.g. the 25th minute? 

Counter-intuitive match UI in which I cant simply drag two positions in the default match screen to switch players, but rather need to enter the tactics menu to do that.

The removal of heat map and analysis menus during the match (especially heat map) and enabling them only at HT and FT is also an abysmal decision. While we need a balance between realism and simulation, removing the heat map will hurt everyone that doesn't watch all matches in full. I must know that the opposition is playing narrow/their LB is more attacking/whatever without a need to look at all the highlights. 

Fullback (and other position) ratings are also off, I read FBs are due to game not registering all events/mistakes/passes/stats like last year. I'm impressed this got broken by the latest patch and curious what the QA folks at SI have been doing after the internal release. Surely this couldn't have gone unnoticed.

Also, why can't I watch this highlight at half time? Why is it showing on hover but is greyed out?

From this menu at HT, HOW can I go back and rewatch something that happened in minute X? I can do it from the teams menu when I search for shots, although I don't see xG there for instance, but let's say that's fine for now. If I can watch from there, why is it greyed out here?

Seems like a bug so I'd like a confirmation. Or was this removed as well for the same "realism" reason? In that case it shouldn't be available in the teams menu if it's not in the summary menu.

spacer.png

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

In 7 seasons I am still to see VAR says "the goal stands". It is always disallowed for offside when VAR checks, never confirms the goal. Really frustrating.

The caption ' Goal Allowed' never seen it.....is it even coded into the game lol.

I'm quite detailed of my analysis in the match, at half time I like to peruse the stats of both teams etc. However sometimes I accidently go to my tatics screen to change something I have already made my mind up about.

I then wish to go and look at the stats and find there is no way back to them, I can only go to the team talk screen.

I understand that Si are trying to create a match flow feel to proceedings but I feel like I'm being punished for an innocent mistake.