Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

I know folks were complaining about multiple late goals... does extra time count?

I think this would have gone down as a Champions League final classic :lol:

image.png.3bcf8e187b47df48a8178d210c3da67c.png

This is the end of 20/21 season.

Edited by CaptCanuck

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the dugout. We can see when a team has scored a goal in the league/championship. However, I thought this was forbidden, since that match the Netherlands played against another, and knew 20 minutes before the ending they advanced to the next round, due another team resulted in a draw or so. So if I remember correctly the scores in the dugout doesn't make sense. Right? 

Edited by RinusFM

Im in season 6 in game and yikes the wonderkids are popping up like mushrooms everywhere. Will this add more balance because They arent cheap so even big clubs have problems buying em, or will This make The game unplayable. The wonderkids arent bad either, like worldclass at The age of 18-19 already...

Edited by MasterFolke

22 minutes ago, MasterFolke said:

Im in season 6 in game and yikes the wonderkids are popping up like mushrooms everywhere. Will this add more balance because They arent cheap so even big clubs have problems buying em, or will This make The game unplayable. The wonderkids arent bad either, like worldclass at The age of 18-19 already...

I am having 185 wonderkids in a 204 000 database. hmmm. The only 'wonderkids' I know in real life are Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe. So 185 is a lot.  I remember in Fm2019 it was just a handful. Edit: 240 now. 

Edited by RinusFM

SI

Can we please have some work done on 'only commentary viewing'?

The boxes blocking the screen and the view of the pitch/stadium should be customizable, i.e. removeable, resized, etc.  They block too much of the screen for my liking.  Also can we please have the commentary box bigger?  It really is too small and it seems this area of the game (albeit I assume not many play this way) has been overlooked.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  Just found out how to get rid of the boxes via the preferences function but SI can we please have the commentary box size increased still and the 'confirm changes' button bigger as well as easy to miss.

Edited by pw75

1 hour ago, RinusFM said:

I am having 185 wonderkids in a 204 000 database. hmmm. The only 'wonderkids' I know in real life are Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe. So 185 is a lot.  I remember in Fm2019 it was just a handful. Edit: 240 now. 

Oh dear. This makes me not wanna play a long save. Can anything be done about it do you reckon in the editor?

2 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

@RinusFM

the Youth rating mod by @Daveincid fixes this.

Edited by freddieos

1 hour ago, RinusFM said:

'Wonderkid' doesn't mean they're going to go on to be one of the best players in history.  In FM terms it means they've cleared a certain CA bar at or under a certain age limit.  They won't necessarily develop much beyond that.  A 19 year old who's 140 CA/145 PA counts as a wonderkid, I believe, but isn't anywhere close to Mbappe.

2 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

'Wonderkid' doesn't mean they're going to go on to be one of the best players in history.  In FM terms it means they've cleared a certain CA bar at or under a certain age limit.  They won't necessarily develop much beyond that.  A 19 year old who's 140 CA/145 PA counts as a wonderkid, I believe, but isn't anywhere close to Mbappe.

Every wonderkidregen on my save i have checked in ingame editor and many have + 180 i PA...

I don't understand scouting anymore. My Premier Leauge scouts love every player I ask them to scout, even if they are 25 year old and "Good for League 2" and at best "Could be a good Championship player in the future". Are they really that stupid? Or am I missing something? Or are they brown nosing me?

"Aye, Boss. The garbage.... I mean players you find are pure gold. Sign them all". 

48 minutes ago, Viking said:

I don't understand scouting anymore. My Premier Leauge scouts love every player I ask them to scout, even if they are 25 year old and "Good for League 2" and at best "Could be a good Championship player in the future". Are they really that stupid? Or am I missing something? Or are they brown nosing me?

"Aye, Boss. The garbage.... I mean players you find are pure gold. Sign them all". 

Scouting is broken this year. The scouts just recomend bad players. Even if you set them on assingment to specific type of player, like for example defender, they only get 2-4 players in a month. This is redicoulos!!!

7 hours ago, freddieos said:

@RinusFM

the Youth rating mod by @Daveincid fixes this.

Wont do a new save. Too much time and energy invested. 160+ hours

7 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Ohh good. I was already looking to buy some, but they dont wanna come, yet. Lacking reputation

7 hours ago, MasterFolke said:

Every wonderkidregen on my save i have checked in ingame editor and many have + 180 i PA...

Hope not. Dont want rich teams even more OP

Edited by RinusFM

Posted this in bugs and not had any response.

Since the last update players nationalities have disappeared from the attributes view (the view I always use as dont like format of profile page)

I thought it was due to custom logos which i removed and it still didnt fix it,  tried changing resolution and zoo %age and that didnt help either. anyone have any advice?

1557084074_NatBug.thumb.PNG.00342ddc502ad4e9cdcd5706c3da6f3f.PNG

2 minutes ago, Jops14 said:

Posted this in bugs and not had any response.

Since the last update players nationalities have disappeared from the attributes view (the view I always use as dont like format of profile page)

I thought it was due to custom logos which i removed and it still didnt fix it,  tried changing resolution and zoo %age and that didnt help either. anyone have any advice?

1557084074_NatBug.thumb.PNG.00342ddc502ad4e9cdcd5706c3da6f3f.PNG

Try this:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

3 hours ago, StevehFC said:

Anyone else noticing players are retiring too early? 

For example Cavani aged 34 in my second season is is retiring.  Fabian Delph is retiring at aged 32, Seamus Coleman at 33, 

Yeah, Callum Wilson retired After he was released on my Newcastle-save, he was 32 and became a worthless head of Youth-thingy. Good work There game😂

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

So is the too many wonderkids thing definitely an issue? Really can't decide whether to go default or download Dave's file :D

Bear in mind that the definition of a wonderkid is based on his PA- how many of those in the game will not reach that PA level and so will not be wonderadults?

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Bear in mind that the definition of a wonderkid is based on his PA- how many of those in the game will not reach that PA level and so will not be wonderadults?

True, but going by his thread it seems the game may produce too many high CA players, although I don't know whether to think that's a good thing or not, I can't decide :lol:

Probably not realistic though.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

I like the Belgian league for good value prospects, but this seems a bit OTT. Huge chunks of Anderlecht senior squad is transfer listed. I know they've had some finance issues, but this must be a bug? I will raise one and upload a save, just wanted to see what folks thought.

image.thumb.png.bafe56f027cd743c38548040f285e554.png

Edited by CaptCanuck

6 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

True, but going by his thread it seems the game may produce too many high CA players, although I don't know whether to think that's a good thing or not, I can't decide :lol:

Probably not realistic though.

Just so you know, I have been playing one save since the games release, and despite me having loads of players described as "wonderkids" (there's probably 7 or 8 at the club right now) they don't always develop into world beaters, infact many of them reach their peak at 19/20 and don't develop much more :thup:

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

eehhh quite a few. The game is littered with superstar 20-year olds just 5-6 years into a save. 

Guys. Is there a way to tell the game that I want a -23/reserve squad for Cork City? Perhaps bugging it or so. I know Shamrock Rovers has a Senior, -23 and a -19 squad. It makes me wonder why I can't form one with Cork City. or other clubs. It's really important to grow, so I can buy players place them into the -19 and the reserve squad for development + backup, etc etc. Ohh who can help me out. 

Is there an issue with crossing in the game or is it down to my players stats?

I have my left and right backs really attacking where they are almost playing as wingers most of the time. Positionally it is spot on and have no issues getting the ball to them out wide. Where it falls down is that they ofter just stop and wait for the opposition to close them down and then its either a blocked cross or a tackle.

What I expect to see sometimes is my full back to whip in a cross to an oncoming forward but it never seems to happen. I thought Hit Early Crosses may achieve that but not seen it thus far.

It could also be my players stats. 9-11 for crossing.

Sometimes they do cross and have scored a couple of goals but I think my main issue is that I don't see a cross when I would expect to see one.

I guess I liken my full back play to Liverpool and Robertson and Arnold but obviously they are not as good but I would expect them to try and cross in certain situations.

Also, I have it set to low crosses but constantly the cross are way too high

Edited by iwillfinishaseason

I'm not even sure if it's a defender/full back player rating issue anymore...

For sure, it's already been acknowledged that key tackles aren't registered in managed leagues. However, since the update with my full-backs in a winning team consistently getting a 5.6 ever 3/4 games each, I'm noticing since the update them jumping into tackles (on their feet) to where the ball was a second ago and a winger just gliding past them. 

Wondering if it is just an issue with defensive player ratings being weighted wrong and not rewarded for defending properly, or a mixture and ME changes making full backs ineffective compared to before?

Also struggling to tell which ME I prefered for variety. This one, or the one previous to this update :D

hace 21 minutos, Domoboy23 dijo:

I'm not even sure if it's a defender/full back player rating issue anymore...

For sure, it's already been acknowledged that key tackles aren't registered in managed leagues. However, since the update with my full-backs in a winning team consistently getting a 5.6 ever 3/4 games each, I'm noticing since the update them jumping into tackles (on their feet) to where the ball was a second ago and a winger just gliding past them. 

Wondering if it is just an issue with defensive player ratings being weighted wrong and not rewarded for defending properly, or a mixture and ME changes making full backs ineffective compared to before?

Also struggling to tell which ME I prefered for variety. This one, or the one previous to this update :D

Here you have your answer

17 minutes ago, pejocho said:

Here you have your answer

Yeah, I already knew there's an issue with player rating for defenders and key tackles etc, I've made a few posts in that thread with reports.

Just also wondering now if it's a few ME changes that have made full backs in particularly susceptible :)

hace 1 minuto, Domoboy23 dijo:

Yeah, I already knew there's an issue with player rating for defenders and key tackles etc, I've made a few posts in that thread with reports.

Just also wondering now if it's a few ME changes that have made full backs in particularly susceptible :)

Yes, in that post you could see that although all players are affected by this, the most affected players are defensive players (fullbacks, center defenders, and defensive midfielders), so it makes me think that key tackles not counted are the most important thing that is not working well, but there have to be more factors if attackers are also affected. I hope we can know what is happening soon! 

1 minute ago, pejocho said:

Yes, in that post you could see that although all players are affected by this, the most affected players are defensive players (fullbacks, center defenders, and defensive midfielders), so it makes me think that key tackles not counted are the most important thing that is not working well, but there have to be more factors if attackers are also affected. I hope we can know what is happening soon! 

How much of an effect is happening on the in-game world?

(ie. is it leading to more issues (morale being effected, board not thinking your doing well, etc)

1 minute ago, Luizinho said:

(ie. is it leading to more issues (morale being effected, board not thinking your doing well, etc)

This is my huge worry also. Devleopment, morale, transfer value etc.

For one, it's deffo affecting media. Getting questioned every single games about players not performing and then naming and shaming them. Which I'm sure will have a knock on effect to all sorts

hace 8 minutos, Luizinho dijo:

I have not a "well-known" response to this, but I suppose that a good develop of players is linked to their good ratings, and higher ratings should give more reputation, morale and value to the players. I have read an user that said that their center defender and fullback of his league champion team had a bad "line of conexion" (that lines of the tactic screen) because of their low ratings, but I don't know exactly what are all the consecuences of this... 

2 hours ago, iwillfinishaseason said:

I have my left and right backs really attacking where they are almost playing as wingers most of the time. Positionally it is spot on and have no issues getting the ball to them out wide. Where it falls down is that they ofter just stop and wait for the opposition to close them down and then its either a blocked cross or a tackle.

What I expect to see sometimes is my full back to whip in a cross to an oncoming forward but it never seems to happen. I thought Hit Early Crosses may achieve that but not seen it thus far.

Sometimes they do cross and have scored a couple of goals but I think my main issue is that I don't see a cross when I would expect to see one.

I guess I liken my full back play to Liverpool and Robertson and Arnold but obviously they are not as good but I would expect them to try and cross in certain situations.

Its a known issue thats been in the game for 3 years now. Sadly doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Some of the stadiums look better this year but im getting really frustrated at the outlay of some, in scotland celtic park looks quite realistic but ibrox is all over the place with the setting of the stands and where away fans are etc, also playing with spurs just now and cant get into it with away fans at the wrong side of the stadium

3 hours ago, iwillfinishaseason said:

Just a few things:

1) Changing the crossing option from mixed to low only means that, if a player has multiple options available, he'll have a bigger tendency to low cross it. If the only option he has/sees is a floated cross, he'll still go for the floated cross. 

2) You'd be surprised how often those 'squandered' crossing opportunities happen in real life. The most common reasons are tactical instructions or the crosser feeling that a cross is not (yet) the best options (think bodies in the box but also support around the box to get the second ball). 

7 hours ago, ajt said:

Just so you know, I have been playing one save since the games release, and despite me having loads of players described as "wonderkids" (there's probably 7 or 8 at the club right now) they don't always develop into world beaters, infact many of them reach their peak at 19/20 and don't develop much more :thup:

Thanks. I reckon I'll keep it on default then if I feel there are too many superstar youths I'll use Dave's file for my saves after this one.

Is this normal scheduling? Not sure because I was still in three competitions (until I got knocked out by Dinamo because I couldn't field a fit starting eleven anymore). Nine games in 21 days in March and five games in the final two weeks of February before that. Seems a slight bit over the top? 

20201227164936_1.jpg

41 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Is this normal scheduling? Not sure because I was still in three competitions (until I got knocked out by Dinamo because I couldn't field a fit starting eleven anymore). Nine games in 21 days in March and five games in the final two weeks of February before that. Seems a slight bit over the top? 

20201227164936_1.jpg

You could use 'use Wednesday and Saturdays' from preferences for match days and tv broadcast. That might fix the issue. 

Edited by CM

On 26/12/2020 at 13:16, MasterFolke said:

I'm dissapointed if this is still the case... An issue since FM19: too many wonderkids, high-quality players after a few years. Here is the same thing reported and was "under review" 

@Kyle Brown any updates?