Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

This isn't true. I've been playing 2020 for a few days now. And as I said, I haven't played since the full update. In fact I only bought the game because I was told and read on here that there was an update to 2020 and it was improved over 2016. I didn't even play v2016. 

Regardless of version numbers, the full release ME was updated from the pre-release Beta.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FMFutbol said:

Hello all -

Started my long term save today but unfortunately I'm also seeing 1 determination across many of my players and staff.

Is it possible that the patch for this will correct my current save, or should I just stop playing and start fresh once it is out? 

Many thanks

Would like to know this as well. Just started a save with Utd and noticed many of the young players had 1 determination :(

Rage quit lol

1 minute ago, Release Day Blues said:

2 - my theory, is that the attributes issue (introduced shortly prior to release) is making a number of referees in the game absolutely useless and resulting in the giving out too many penalties at the levels they play in, which are not those most players begin in.

I appreciate you say it's your theory however at present any theory as to the cause is speculation.

Just now, Release Day Blues said:

That's plainly wrong though, some referees will have set attributes and other won't

To debunk your theory, I checked unknown referees who operate in the 3. Liga. Instead of assuming stuff here and posting bs you can just open the game and start Genie/FMRTE and check it yourself. By doing this you provide feedback to SI and allows them to fix the issue quicker. 

I am not as unhappy as some here, match engine seems quite nice since updating from the beta for me (although i am managing in la liga so refs probably normal?). One thing i do find a bit annoying, and did on fm19 is how so many offsides are shown in comprehensive highlights. A lot of them, i don't consider to be a highlight at all. Also, find VAR checking a bit slow, watching the ref run over to the screen and back to the middle (i know this happens in real life though...). 

9 minutes ago, Release Day Blues said:

Guess the ME is a bust then...

I'd say it's unlikely to be ME related because I don't see it happening in my save. Checked across quite a few competitions running on high detail (Bundesliga, La Liga, PL, Championship, Serie A, Belgian D1, Dutch D1) and nowhere do I see anything abnormal when it comes to penalties conceded. My save dates from before 20.1.0 but if it were an ME issue, I'd have it as well because the ME updates are savegame compatible.

25 minutes ago, Teep said:

They don't know yet, so if you play, be aware you very well might have to restart from scratch :(

24 minutes ago, forameuss said:

You don't know until they actually fix it, but I'd be very, very surprised if it was save-game compatible given what appears to be wrong.

I could be wrong on that though, but given it seems like the fix is a priority, I'd hold off on advancing too far in a save in case you need to start again.

26 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

We have no idea. The best you can do is wait for a fix, I'm sure SI will tell us if it will be save compatible.

Thanks to all that replied. Guess will have to wait it out.

Spain's B clubs is still broken as has been reported since something like 2017 or  maybe it was earlier.

The game doesn't load the B club league, so all the players just magically have full condition, but play zero matches.

The game hides staff recruitment for the B club, if I place and advert I don't get told, the club placed an advert for B Manager (Figured that out because I couldn't place one, greyed out like for adverts already placed), but no one was ever hired.

When the game gives you the B team add senior players, the button create's a menu that say make available for the Senior team. You have to manually right click the players name to get the full menu and assign them, but then the roaster part of the page doesn't update.

I can't let most of the players play for the B team, I think only u19 can be assigned, while not being a rule lawyer, I'm fairly sure I should be able to give my A team players a few B team matches.

Seems to be some B team contract renewal issue, my B team is about to loss 90% of the players in 5 months, also the B team has something like 30 players and they are all old enough to be registered, but no one is bothering to sell or loan out the surplus. So I have 10 players with minimal condition because they aren't registered to play any matches.

General Problems: The staff doesn't hire staff even when assigned to do so, neither A, B or u19 staff is being hired, even while it's the job of the staff. I think the game hired ONE scout during the middle of season two, but the team is missing 10+ staff.

2 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I'd say it's unlikely to be ME related because I don't see it happening in my save. Checked across quite a few competitions running on high detail (Bundesliga, La Liga, PL, Championship, Serie A, Belgian D1, Dutch D1) and nowhere do I see anything abnormal when it comes to penalties conceded. My save dates from before 20.1.0 but if it were an ME issue, I'd have it as well because the ME updates are savegame compatible.

Even SI confirmed in the bugs forum that the amount of penalties is a bug and being looked into. Many pkms have been uploaded. People seen it with City, L'pool, Milan... You haven't seen this problem does not mean the problem does not exist.

2 minutes ago, glosoli said:

Even SI confirmed in the bugs forum that the amount of penalties is a bug and being looked into. Many pkms have been uploaded. People seen it with City, L'pool, Milan... You haven't seen this problem does not mean the problem does not exist.

Ehm, I haven't said anywhere in my post that the problem doesn't exist. I replied to a post saying the ME is a bust then, while the issue is not ME related (as I don't have it and I should have it if it's ME related). 

I dont mean to be disrespectful here but any idea when the hotfix or a new patch will come out? I would love to start a new long term save but I am being prevented due to the bugs mentioned here, I am currently carrying on my beta save but it have gotten a bit stale. 

Any general estimate would be nice. 

Just now, KlaaZ said:

Ehm, I haven't said anywhere in my post that the problem doesn't exist. I replied to a post saying the ME is a bust then, while the issue is not ME related (as I don't have it and I should have it if it's ME related). 

My bad, I was pumped up to someone else saying amount of penalties are fine. Apologies.

2 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

I dont mean to be disrespectful here but any idea when the hotfix or a new patch will come out? I would love to start a new long term save but I am being prevented due to the bugs mentioned here, I am currently carrying on my beta save but it have gotten a bit stale. 

They're never going to give you that, because they won't know themselves, not to the sort of reliability that would be enough for the end user.

It's ready when it's ready.

I think the Pen "Bug" is due to the Ref Stats (last friendly i won 8-0 away against a lower league team , 6 pens given)  I only had the Pen issue in my pre season friendlies . Since season started , not one pen (8 season matches played) Problem is, i  cant find out which ref i had on those friendlies . 

4 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

7 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

I think the Pen "Bug" is due to the Ref Stats (last friendly i won 8-0 away against a lower league team , 6 pens given)  I only had the Pen issue in my pre season friendlies . Since season started , not one pen (8 season matches played) Problem is, i  cant find out which ref i had on those friendlies . 

Could you send me your save? 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Disappointed is the only word. Long term saves in Scotland are impossible just now.

Assume it's the same issue with the determination bug that affects refs. You're getting a huge amount of penalties, almost averaging one per game, in the league

Assuming this were true: Tbf, ref Attributes of existing refs at that Level shouldn't be randomized. We're not talking obscure levels of play. But then, as argued, ref research has been Ultra low priority, almost an after-thought, in the past. To the Point that neither SI nor the Researchers were Aware of the (unrealistic) Impact of some of the attributes. E.g. high Ratings in discipline causing refs to average 6-7 bookings per match no matter what full Detail Simulation, whilst low Ratings in just the same causing the same refs to average barely 1 booking per match. In the Long-term, this should be treated much more serious anyway, imo, also to get all the Research on the same page, rather than every Country doing ist own Thing.

Ref Performance data is out there all over the web for free thanks to the interest in betting, same as is testing how they perform in-game with a specific set of attributes. :) 

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, badger100 said:

I am playing as Ajax so a club that promotes youth and Man City have poached my best player aged 16 for £800,000 and I offered squad time and £20K a week when he turned professional and he would be in the first team starting next year and worth millions and a side like Ajax should not lose youth to other clubs in my opinion.

I do see your argument but I think it's positive. Man City definitly should sway some people towards them even from better teams in europe. Maybe it's not too realistic because it's Ajax and considering their academy status I don't know but a team with a reputation of City should be able to get a youth star from a club with Ajax reputition at times. And seeing the AI get their elbows out more is needed anyway imo.

Edit: With the provided extra info of @KlaaZ it makes even more sence to be fair. Happens apperently on a regular basis even for an academy as strong as Ajax if top clubs are calling.

Edited by VfB4life

8 minutes ago, Teep said:

Considering release date is today, let's consider yesterday as the last beta build to test and we should get the real product somewhere soon today :) so still the 19th!

Ha yea thats true! 

1 hour ago, badger100 said:

I am playing as Ajax so a club that promotes youth and Man City have poached my best player aged 16 for £800,000 and I offered squad time and £20K a week when he turned professional and he would be in the first team starting next year and worth millions and a side like Ajax should not lose youth to other clubs in my opinion.

De Ligt went to Juventus for 76 million

De Jong went to Barcelona for 60 million

Sanchez went to Spurs for over 30 million

Zlatan left Ajax for Juventus

Eriksen left for Spurs

Huntellaar,  Sniejder and Van Der Vaart all left Ajax for big moves

Even other players that weren't world beaters left Ajax at a young age, Vermalen, Jesper Gronkjear (remember him!), Ryan Babel, Daley Blind, Luis Suarez! Alderweireld, Dennis Bergkamp I could go on , so for you to Ajax shouldn't lose youth players is laughable, they literally are a conveyor belt for top players that work their way through the Ajax system and leave.

Edited by bigmattb28
Housekeeping.

I'm really having a hard time with this game.

The bugs are a plenty:

I don't get youth players for some reason. Last season gave me 0 players through the youth setup (Playing Brighton)

My team can't manage to defend the opponents full backs who thus are allowed to wreck havoc down the lanes, drawing in my FB way after it's relevant, leaving other players wide open for an easy pass. I have had to resort to man mark the FB's with my wingers, which make my ass man go ape **** by the way.

The determination bug is a ridiculous oversight.

I can't for the life of me get the players to pass vertically into the opponent goal area with any consistancy. My wingers are presented with many chances each game to simply pass vertically to a free attacker, but yet refuse such a notion and will much rather pass it back to a midfielder or just shoot it into the side net after running all the way down to the back line.

Set pieces are king. About 80% of all goals in this version stems from build up after throw-ins, indirect free kicks or corners.

I would post these things in the bug forum, but it's all known.

Question: How can I get a better coverage of opposing full backs? I have tried everything, but yet they seem to ignore marauding full backs and almost every team I face play a 4-2-3-1 formation with aggressive full backs.

It really is a shame, especially when a Public Beta is released several weeks before the game, that the released product that goes on sale has countless bugs/issues/errors etc. I don't mean to bash the game. I love the update to the user interface, the improved Manager Editor (which doesn't work) and the addition of several new features. However, I feel as though the BETA should have at least been released with an older database at least two months ago considering the amount of problems.

Game play issues such as the sheer idiocy in regards to player decisions really breaks the immersion of this game. Time and time again players are 2 vs 1 against the opposition Goalkeeper, a square ball and a tap in away from scoring, only to either sky it, blast it wide, shoot into the side netting or simply be foiled by the keeper. Not once in any scenario does a player even consider squaring the ball for an easy tap in. Everything that builds up to that moment such as the tactics, player positions, in game shouts and even player transfers to create the "perfect" team...it all comes crashing down when things like this are encountered so frequently.

Furthermore, it man not be entirely crucial to the game, though the 3D Face Gen/Manager Editor has been broken since the release of the BETA. Countless posts have been submitted and to be fair I have seen slight improvements to the 3D models to remove clipping etc. though once a 3D face is generated, none of the editor sliders do a thing. Can't modify skin tone, can't change the dimensions of the managers face or ensure he has the perfect jaw line :P It's surprising that these bugs even made it to the BETA stage as they are pretty obvious and one of the first parts of the game experience a player encounters when starting a new career.

Moreover, graphical overlays (possibly due to animation timings), match engine stuttering (even on super high end systems), missing game options such as offering a player for loan and demanding a monthly fee (in the personal assistant section). It screams of a lacking of time, development staff, testing etc. It is understood that games often have glitches here and there, though this game seems unfinished despite its beta release and its full release this very day.

Can I play the game? Sure, it "works". Does it work as intended? No. Is the immersion of the playing experience disrupted by these many factors I have listed? In my opinion, yes.

If anything, I would like it to be noted that come next year when the inevitable FM2021 is to be released, please ensure it is at least worthy of the money spent on it, especially considering that many people are essentially moving to it from a product that IS presumably fully functioning due to a full year of updates etc.

I appreciate that there is a very small amount of time to work on updates and improvement considering a new title is released every year, though if the team is too small to cope with the demand, increase the size of the team. Increase the price of the game a little if need be in order to ensure that come the release date, the product is at least near to being faultless.

Cheers for the hard work that has been done on the game. Hopefully I'll be able to play it in the coming weeks when more updates have been released.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

De Ligt went to Juventus for 76 million

De Jong went to Barcelona for 60 million

Sanchez went to Spurs for over 30 million

Zlatan left Ajax for Juventus

Eriksen left for Spurs

Huntellaar,  Sniejder and Van Der Vaart all left Ajax for big moves

Even other players that weren't world beaters left Ajax at a young age, Vermalen, Jesper Gronkjear (remember him!), Ryan Babel, Daley Blind, Luis Suarez! Alderweireld, Dennis Bergkamp I could go on , so for you to Ajax shouldn't lost youth players is laughable, they literally are a conveyor belt for top players that work their way through the Ajax system and leave.

They are, but there are several occasions where they have lost potential top talent at a young age, even recently. In the past few years, Ajax lost Juan Familia-Castillo (Chelsea), Donyell Malen (Arsenal), , Javairo Dilrosun (City), Timothy Fosu-Mensah (United), Mink Peeters (Real Madrid). All labelled as great prospects for the future at the time of their transfer. So it does happen, more often than you'd think. 

3 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

They are, but there are several occasions where they have lost potential top talent at a young age, even recently. In the past few years, Ajax lost Juan Familia-Castillo (Chelsea), Donyell Malen (Arsenal), , Javairo Dilrosun (City), Timothy Fosu-Mensah (United), Mink Peeters (Real Madrid). All labelled as great prospects for the future at the time of their transfer. So it does happen, more often than you'd think. 

Exactly the point I'm making,the other guy said he doesn't think Ajax should be losing young talent, I was pointing out that they literally do, every season.

3 minutes ago, Rayban_DK said:

Set pieces are king. About 80% of all goals in this version stems from build up after throw-ins, indirect free kicks or corners.

I would post these things in the bug forum, but it's all known.

To be fair, the highlight of goals/chances just started at a set piece because it is technically the start of that phase. In that sense it's not very different from real life as in real football, most goals also come from build up after a set piece situation (goal kick, throwin, free kick, corner). 

And it's not because issues are known that you shouldn't log them. SI need all the data samples they can get to better understand bugs in order to provide a fix. 

I don't think my post deserved this comment and it may be it wasn't meant as it reads but the guy was 16 not an established star or wonderkid and I fully expect to lose players to bigger clubs but the game did not give me a chance to speak to him, play him and I had to say he was a squad player before he would even talk to me and that was on day one.

Even other players that weren't world beaters left Ajax at a young age, Vermalen, Jesper Gronkjear (remember him!), Ryan Babel, Daley Blind, Luis Suarez! Alderweireld, Dennis Bergkamp I could go on , so for you to Ajax shouldn't lose youth players is laughable, they literally are a conveyor belt for top players that work their way through the Ajax system and leave.

Please read my post properly next time and chose your words more carefully.

I agree with some other posts it is now more realistic in terms of poaching and also see that as a plus but if the club is known for producing and nurturing talent and then selling that fine but at least give the manager a chance to keep the player and not make it impossible on day one. 

43 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Done 

9f2f3f71d3396f6901c669b236afe543.png

04dc0433c3d59c6105731b80bd14f693.png

I've also simmed a season trough in my own Bundesliga save. I do see a higher amount of penalties given but not the crazy amount people are posting here. I do think this should get looked into though. Maybe a .pkm of this game would be useful.