Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

Played about 13 games. Good feeling to it, contract negotiations are stern and much harder now (dont like it but adds realism to todays world).

Shots from side angles tend to be a common theme and can result in a bigger shot to target ratio. 

Not sure through balls are speicifc or named correctly for assits. In my first 6 games i had 5 assists using through balls but I only saw 2, maybe a normal pass counts to a through ball? guessing long balls into the channels or over defence counts as it to?

CAM role still seems off, noticed pogba too deep for me in CAM (maybe getting used to role but surely moving him to attack would sort that problem?) passing ranges barely through the middle although the middle usage is alot better than 19. Really want to stick to the 4-2-3-1 this year, may seem moving back to 4-3-3. 

Striker movement tends to be a slight problem but i've seen a much better fluid frontline than 19. Not used DLF-A before but people tend to use it in a 4-2-3-1 (message me why that is please? or reply to me in this) so i usually go to complete or AF so i'll probably test that out some other time. 

A few long balls on shorter passing in areas where it doesn't need to be done although traits could set it off, seen maguire do it a few times. Maguire seems to get ran all over cause his pace- needs to be higher or have better mental stats IMO or positional play. 

Seen some good football, one touch passing is sweet although it tends to happen on a lower tempo, not sure why that is?? Usually expect a good quick tempo to pass around quickly and move to disorientate the opposition (would love to know why that is as people refered to as city being slow in tempo but usually they're quick hence scoring so much... unless tempo has changed??) 

Had a lag issue during changing mid game( graphics and skin to dark), after about 4 games it stopped dunno why. It was just the movement of the cursor and the delay. Seems to be sorted. 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a save against my better judgement, usually wait a bit longer, at least until the first big patch.

Anyway, still playing the pre-season friendlies, am I alone in thinking ME v2016 was superior to v2020? Player movement not as good, more world class long shots, the long ball over the top seems to be a bit more prominent again.

On 19/11/2019 at 07:52, Sterling said:

I just don't get it, I can run FM19 on Very High settings with GPU usage at 60% in a 3D match, yet FM20 performs so poorly I can barely watch a match on medium settings with 90%+ GPU usage.

A follow up to my feedback post yesterday.....

I definitely now believe that there is an issue with the graphics/match engine for FM20 which is manifesting itself in 'lag' to varying degrees for people.

To try and eliminate my hardware/software as being the source of my 'laggy' problem I've now done fresh installs of win10 pro on two PC's( my Sim Racing Rig (i7-8600k+32gb+GTX1070) and my daily browser/FM machine (i5-2500+16gb+1050ti)), I then applied the windows updates , installed the latest nvidia drivers, installed steam and then FM20.

I also installed FM19 for comparison, as it did previously it runs at the highest settings smoothly (constant 60fps) on both of these machines no problem.

With FM20 I saw a big improvement in performance on high settings with my i5, GPU usage dropped from from the prior 90%+ usage down to between 65% and 80% and CPU usage is sitting at about 30%. 'Lag' is greatly reduced.

As expected the performance on the i7 is pretty good, FM20 was about 10% CPU usage, between 30 and 40% GPU on the highest settings.

So clearly things installed and running in the background of my windows install were having an effect on the performance of FM20 on my i5 PC but................the frame rate for FM20 during a match on both machines still never reaches the refresh rate of my monitor (60hz), it moves between 55 and 58 fps hence FM matches are still never completely smooth despite such low CPU and GPU usage levels on my clean installs.

Edited by Sterling

53 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, anyone managing in the Vanarama North/South this year are in for a treat in season 2. The league is being expanded to 24 teams, therefore 46 league games, and still only ONE automatic promotion place. Brutal. It leads to situations like this. 

VNN.thumb.PNG.c8beecbf49905b6216fc9102c50a33af.PNG

96 points, and still not enough to go up. Might still go up via playoffs, but my playoff record on FMs over the years has been awful. Doing a journeyman save  and had a 3 year plan to get Altrincham to League 2 before I left, but I may well resign if we make a mess of the playoffs. I don't think I could go through another 46 game season in the bottom league. 

Annnnnnddddddd......BOTTLED IT AGAIN

Lost in the playoff semi final with a performance as inept as Prince Andrew's sweat glands. :(

misery.thumb.PNG.1a1d5257da2c7c1103de6e321b4d8406.PNG

36 minutes ago, BigV said:

CAM role still seems off, noticed pogba too deep for me in CAM (maybe getting used to role but surely moving him to attack would sort that problem?) passing ranges barely through the middle although the middle usage is alot better than 19. Really want to stick to the 4-2-3-1 this year, may seem moving back to 4-3-3. 

Striker movement tends to be a slight problem but i've seen a much better fluid frontline than 19. Not used DLF-A before but people tend to use it in a 4-2-3-1 (message me why that is please? or reply to me in this) so i usually go to complete or AF so i'll probably test that out some other time. 

I don't know how to multi-quote :D

Could always add Get Further Forward to Pogba rather than go full on Attack with him, give it a try & see what you think. I too think the role can be a deep at times, closer to the CM strata than the AM, wide players in the AML/R on the same duty tend to be further ahead

As for the DLF-A attack, I didn't know this was a thing, I use it at times to pair with an IF-A or a DLF-S paired with a more attacking role at AM. Might be worth having a read through Experienced Defender's 4-2-3-1 thread

The striker still feels a little static to me, especially when you're camped outside the penalty area, after a full week with FM-15 I really noticed it were they would inter-change with the other 3 roles up top 

Re: Striker movement, my striker here just stood infront of the defender the whole move, he's a Pressing Forward with move into channels hard coded & he ain't moving into no channels :D

Untitled.thumb.png.a8ed6c561e94a05d38edaa80a1fc58cd.png

Edited by Johnny Ace

45 minutes ago, BigV said:

Just as a sidenote, Pogba has the 'Comes deep to get ball' trait, which might explain his deeper positioning.

15 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Pogba has the 'Comes deep to get ball' trait

Not on my save, he doesn't. Has 'gets into opposition area' so I rarely play him on attack duty. Even as a DLP-s he's usually hovering around the edge of the area.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

Not on my save, he doesn't. Has 'gets into opposition area' so I rarely play him on attack duty. Even as a DLP-s he's usually hovering around the edge of the area.

Odd, I rechecked to be sure but he does have it on mine. 

24 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't know how to multi-quote :D

Could always add Get Further Forward to Pogba rather than go full on Attack with him, give it a try & see what you think. I too think the role can be a deep at times, closer to the CM strata than the AM, wide players in the AML/R on the same duty tend to be further ahead

As for the DLF-A attack, I didn't know this was a thing, I use it at times to pair with an IF-A or a DLF-S paired with a more attacking role at AM. Might be worth having a read through Experienced Defender's 4-2-3-1 thread

The striker still feels a little static to me, especially when you're camped outside the penalty area, after a full week with FM-15 I really noticed it were they would inter-change with the other 3 roles up top 

Re: Striker movement, my striker here just stood infront of the defender the whole move, he's a Pressing Forward with move into channels hard coded & he ain't moving into no channels :D

Untitled.thumb.png.a8ed6c561e94a05d38edaa80a1fc58cd.png

Press the + button or highlight the text and then press quote selection. 

He has get into oppositions area/box and I have seen him do it a few times but the CM overlaps most of the time. I did a little test, CM on AP-S and pogba at CAM- AP/AM-S first and found that the CM was acting like the CAM in itself and went into a hybrid flat 4-3-3 having either of them on attack (cam) it's too open defensively. Really dont want to move pogba in CM cause i know how much he can dicate a game further up, especially in a 433 where long shots and his passing would be the creative player/spark in the team. 

Will do, I didn't really think of it till I started the demo save, almost like a hybrid f9 but a striker too, I dont usually use the role because it reminds me of a rooney type striker and realistically dont see that being useful. Might be out of date in thinking that cause my mind is still somewhere in 2015-17 era of fm lol. Yeah same, i tried 17 last week and did feel that the striker was alot more central to goals and movement. 

I'd argue it's because of a back 3 and with it being left heavy it'd be hard to sneak through. Although if the dark skinned player (assuming thats the striker here?) moved right sided it'd leave room for a through ball for the IF/LST to go through on goal assuming the ball player has good vision and passing with decision making in general and relation to the opposition. 

24 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Just as a sidenote, Pogba has the 'Comes deep to get ball' trait, which might explain his deeper positioning.

Juan mata does too, hasn't effected him much but i'll certainly give it a try when I can and see what happens. Think I might just use the demo to seek new ways of getting the CAM to work with specific players and how it bolds well with other tactics. Thanks man :thup:

17 minutes ago, BigV said:

Press the + button or highlight the text and then press quote selection. 

Think I sussed it ETA: Not quite! :D 

He has get into oppositions area/box and I have seen him do it a few times but the CM overlaps most of the time. I did a little test, CM on AP-S and pogba at CAM- AP/AM-S first and found that the CM was acting like the CAM in itself and went into a hybrid flat 4-3-3 having either of them on attack (cam) it's too open defensively. Really dont want to move pogba in CM cause i know how much he can dicate a game further up, especially in a 433 where long shots and his passing would be the creative player/spark in the team. 

That's odd, maybe they overlap because Pogba's dropping deeper to cover? Worth experimenting with & logging if it doesn't seem right

Will do, I didn't really think of it till I started the demo save, almost like a hybrid f9 but a striker too, I dont usually use the role because it reminds me of a rooney type striker and realistically dont see that being useful. Might be out of date in thinking that cause my mind is still somewhere in 2015-17 era of fm lol. Yeah same, i tried 17 last week and did feel that the striker was alot more central to goals and movement. 

I'd argue it's because of a back 3 and with it being left heavy it'd be hard to sneak through. Although if the dark skinned player (assuming thats the striker here?) moved right sided it'd leave room for a through ball for the IF/LST to go through on goal assuming the ball player has good vision and passing with decision making in general and relation to the opposition. 

Yep, that's the striker, another interesting thing there, that's an IF-S on the left, PF-A in the centre & a W-A on the right, playing wider look how narrow they are, all sat on the 3 centre backs. I wonder if that stifles striker movement? The team I'm playing are pants, beat them 12-0 in the end  

Edited by Johnny Ace

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, anyone managing in the Vanarama North/South this year are in for a treat in season 2. The league is being expanded to 24 teams, therefore 46 league games, and still only ONE automatic promotion place. Brutal. It leads to situations like this. 

VNN.thumb.PNG.c8beecbf49905b6216fc9102c50a33af.PNG

96 points, and still not enough to go up. Might still go up via playoffs, but my playoff record on FMs over the years has been awful. Doing a journeyman save  and had a 3 year plan to get Altrincham to League 2 before I left, but I may well resign if we make a mess of the playoffs. I don't think I could go through another 46 game season in the bottom league. 

They're certainly attritional, I kinda like it. I've always found the jump from VNC > L2 the toughest in English FM leagues. That might change this year.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

That's odd, maybe they overlap because Pogba's dropping deeper to cover? Worth experimenting with & logging if it doesn't seem right

Yeah true, saw 2 games in where mctominay overlapped pogba, wanted to boil my eyes out but it's not like that is happening IRL atm :rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yep, that's the striker, another interesting thing there, that's an IF-S on the left, PF-A in the centre & a W-A on the right, playing wider look how narrow they are, all sat on the 3 centre backs. I wonder if that stifles striker movement? The team I'm playing are pants, beat them 12-0 in the end

I think that tends to happen when near goal scoring oppertunities or somewhat near a narrow team as your fullback (assuming that's a wingback considering how high he is maybe in support or attack?) but it's almost like an IF kinda area unless he has a trait to get into the area or box? The more narrow they go they tend to stay close and probably does stifle but then i'd expect the others to push wide and create that space as you said you play wide. I'd probably post that in the bug forums or analyse a few more and see if does the same and post PKM's. Good find tho and good try on the multi quote xD

Not necessarily a bug but definitely not the greatest logic.

I am Man Utd. Tried to sign Declan Rice and after some negotiating, they ask for $100M and refuse to budge. I say no. Rice gets mad and stories leak in the press. I go back in and offer $60M. West Ham say no. I ask the board to help sign him and they agree. I sign him for $34.5M, no additional fees.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Annnnnnddddddd......BOTTLED IT AGAIN

Lost in the playoff semi final with a performance as inept as Prince Andrew's sweat glands. :(

misery.thumb.PNG.1a1d5257da2c7c1103de6e321b4d8406.PNG

In a strange way the saves where you don't win are the best and generally the ones you remember.

So the Leverkusen board wont let me sign Thilo Kehrer, a german player under 23, cause he`s not based in germany.
Is it supposed to be like this?

Leverkusens vision rightly enough says " sign players based in germany", along with "sign german players" and "sign under 23s" but come on. He fits two out of three.

Do you really think they care about the fact that Im buying him from PSG, and not Hertha Berlin?
Just 5 million pounds for one of the best german CBs, but nope. That wont do.

It seems rather funny :)

Edited by Rober82

3 hours ago, FMFutbol said:

Played for 8 straight hours after hotfix and all seems ok.

Only minor issue is some menu items are not translated into spanish and remain in English. Where do I report these issues?

I suggest the UI sub forum of the main FM 20 Bugs forum

7 hours ago, Rober82 said:

So the Leverkusen board wont let me sign Thilo Kehrer, a german player under 23, cause he`s not based in germany.
Is it supposed to be like this?

Leverkusens vision rightly enough says " sign players based in germany", along with "sign german players" and "sign under 23s" but come on. He fits two out of three.

Do you really think they care about the fact that Im buying him from PSG, and not Hertha Berlin?
Just 5 million pounds for one of the best german CBs, but nope. That wont do.

It seems rather funny :)

If you think that this is a bug then please report it in the relevant forum of the main Bugs forum

3 hours ago, Sterling said:

A follow up to my feedback post yesterday.....

I definitely now believe that there is an issue with the graphics/match engine for FM20 which is manifesting itself in 'lag' to varying degrees for people.

To try and eliminate my hardware/software as being the source of my 'laggy' problem I've now done fresh installs of win10 pro on two PC's( my Sim Racing Rig (i7-8600k+32gb+GTX1070) and my daily browser/FM machine (i5-2500+16gb+1050ti)), I then applied the windows updates , installed the latest nvidia drivers, installed steam and then FM20.

I also installed FM19 for comparison, as it did previously it runs at the highest settings smoothly (constant 60fps) on both of these machines no problem.

With FM20 I saw a big improvement in performance on high settings with my i5, GPU usage dropped from from the prior 90%+ usage down to between 65% and 80% and CPU usage is sitting at about 30%. 'Lag' is greatly reduced.

As expected the performance on the i7 is pretty good, FM20 was about 10% CPU usage, between 30 and 40% GPU on the highest settings.

So clearly things installed and running in the background of my windows install were having an effect on the performance of FM20 on my i5 PC but................the frame rate for FM20 during a match on both machines still never reaches the refresh rate of my monitor (60hz), it moves between 55 and 58 fps hence FM matches are still never completely smooth despite such low CPU and GPU usage levels on my clean installs.

If you think that this is not correct then raise a thread in the Bugs forum and the SI staff can have a look,

2 hours ago, NicholasZ said:

Super keepers:  I don't see this, I feel the representation of skill is fair. I see mistakes, sub par performances and also the odd "shut down shop" game. (Love the new animations)

As a comment on this: Throughout the years, a lot of the perception of a so called "super keeper" can be attributed to the following. Maybe the game could address this in the future, may be not. To illustrate some of this, and Keep this on Topic, I will try to illustrate this with an FM20 match later.

- The expectation that the keeper of the Bottom of the table Team must be *****, whilst Liverpool's one must be able to save it all (just like in the CL final two Seasons ago). Competitive Football is decided in smaller margins. If you're good enough to compete at the top, you're probably really good at what you are doing
- (Overly?) dramatic Motion-capturing animations recorded by SI at the Creative Assembly MoCap Studios :D 
- AI playing on average very defensive Football against the human Player in Long-term saves (and thus conceding more shots to be saved)
- The Players oft actually racking up shots on target in numbers. Like, perhaps even a dozen+. With barely scoring. If you watch though, a high percentage can be purely from the set piece, and headers under pressure after a cross lumped into a crowded box are typically fairly easily saved. In particular if the Player tactic struggles to break that defense down from any actual play
- [If you want to see this at ist most ridiculous from time to time, download one of the more popular highly illogical Chinese "exploit" tactics -- at some Point you will have Matches of not scoring even from 50-60+ shots]
- Combined to this, a Rating System that isn't cautious enough, and/or isn't intelligently enough to Keep the difficulty of the keeper save into account (keeper makes a lot of saves and sees his Rating bumped)

This isn't Always the case, but Long-term, the re-occuring causes. Edited by Svenc

13 hours ago, Ras said:

Good to hear the hotfix is out for the attributes bug.

Would people recommend starting a long term save or waiting a while longer until the penalty issue may get a fix and maybe a couple other things?  I haven't played the full game much yet as I wanted to wait till the attribute bug was fixed so not sure how it is holding up from Beta to full game.

I have started my long term save, just praying not glaring bugs come up from now.

6 hours ago, FM-Lee said:

I have a high end laptop and have installed all the latest updates, I have most graphics on medium, yet it’s jittery during the matches, can anyone help? 

I'm exactly the same, this was an issue for a long time on FM19 before they sorted it, am sticking to 2D until it's sorted, again

8 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Can anyone explain the message in this news item? Baffling. They are saying they will further decrease the percentage of available transfer revenue when I receive £29m in fees? In League 1?

image.thumb.png.7b80481c5961ed90c3656738cb9185f8.png

They'll give you X% of transfer fees received upto 29 million and then reduce it to Y% after 29 million. 

The only daft thing is the amount for the league you are in. 

4 hours ago, NicholasZ said:

no player cooperation lines at all for me though, although I suspect this may be a UI bug carried on from beta

Funnily enough I was about to post something about the player cooperation lines - or lack of them - but at the end of my second season I'm starting to see them develop between players more and more. Very realistic in my opinion. And I agree with many of your points

anybody else having issues setting up game? 

when i do advanced set up, i choose large database and then i like to add players from different leagues and countries...but when i select what i want from different countries and leagues, according to the player count, the database automatically goes to small...at the moment, for me, it only allows to use either large database with no additional settings, or small database if i want to players from different leagues and countries

for example, i've loaded players from all top leagues in Europe, whilst trying to add large database but my player count is below 40,000 which seems small if large database ...large database with just my league loaded is already 17,000..

20191119122616_1.thumb.jpg.ef5b3f2a01f772fbd2bcf067fa67cbfa.jpg20191119122609_1.thumb.jpg.a797d6796855802692d39b829a4a6427.jpg

when i change from small to large, the player count remains the same

frustrating as first day, i can't even set up a file how i'd like

p.s, nothing to do with the huge database added. this problem happened in beta, happens when i also delete the huge database from my files

AND before someone smart tells me to put it in the bug section, i have....twice! someone else has also reported it, but none have got a response yet, though every other bug is being responded too :(

ME has a lot of things going for it at the moment. 1v1 Conversion and Header conversion seems more accurate now, the incredible amount of long shots has been toned down a bit, it still seems like the cross is a bit to strong compared to playing through balls into the box, but it's pretty good. And maybe it's just me, but I feel it's way easier to imprint a certain playing style on your team in fm20. The style of tactic seems way more apparent on the pitch than in the last years where the players just kinda did their thing most of the time. I definitely liked that. Game is running way faster than in the BETA as well, at least for me.

HOWEVER: PENALTIES. Penalties are a joke and they happen WAY to often. WAY to often. It's not "my tactics".

11 games in the Keuken Kampioen Devisie. 12 goals by penalty (+ 2 missed penalties) for my team alone. I have been awarded 14 penalties in 11 games. My opponents have been awarded and additional 3. 17 penalties in 11 games. Just in my matches. That is not normal. It seems to be a real problem with the ME, because otherwise the amount of penalties in simulated games seems normal. (De Grafschaap got 7 in 11 games which is very high as well, but they are at the top of the league and have a lot of possession and the other teams mostly got 3 or 2)

In the Prem there have been 22 goals (granted I'm too lazy too look up how many additional penalties have been awarded but I'm willing to wager it's not almost 2 per game) from penalties after 12 matchdays. In the whole league. For Compariosn: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/att_pen_goal.

N.E.C.png

Edited by Robsontist

1 minute ago, fm2020.smith said:

anyone finding it too easy. virtually every game the opp dont have a shot and my poss is 06% plus 

lucky you haha...im Arsenal and struggling to scored...i hit the woodwork at least 3 times a game...i miss at least 3 CCC a game...Lacazette, Haaland AND Aubameyang can't score 1v1s, always kick it straight at the keeper...seems their attributes are ignored and doing it off percentages because their shots on target and goal ratio is very poor...Auba has 76 shots on target, 11 goals. but his attributes are very high, 17 finishing, 14 composure, 14 technique, places shot as PPM too...im not expecting 76 goals on even half, but only 11 goals from 76 shots on target??

1 minute ago, RDF Tactics said:

woodwork hit 49 times in 27 games. ridiculous 

20191120090703_1.thumb.jpg.6473346b648ab71a5250ab58d1887765.jpg

It's only 7% of your total shots. 

658 shots on goal over 27 games is pretty high. It works out at 24 shots on goal per game. Your woodwork stats are 1.8 per game. Maybe a bit higher than real life, but when the other statistics are factored in, not really that 'ridiculous', is it? 

"Auba has 76 shots on target, 11 goals. but his attributes are very high, 17 finishing, 14 composure, 14 technique, places shot as PPM too...im not expecting 76 goals on even half, but only 11 goals from 76 shots on target?? "

to be fair, your woodwork stats seem incredible, but that is not the worst shot conversion. It's a bit low. But last year Auba scored 21 goals from 98 shots in the prem. And he has a very good (4th best) conversion rate. So for example Callum Wilson who was still the 10th best shot converter in the league scored 14 times from 70 Shots.

So it's seems a bit off. But it's not waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

658 shots on goal over 27 games is pretty high. It works out at 24 shots on goal per game. Your woodwork stats are 1.8 per game. Maybe a bit higher than real life, but when the other statistics are factored in, not really that 'ridiculous', is it? 

Agree with the point you're making in essence (that both shots on goal and woodwork hits are too high), but I'd wager the goals scored per match aren't proportionate to those inflated stats. FM19 had the same problem. 

"Your woodwork stats are 1.8 per game. Maybe a bit higher than real life, but when the other statistics are factored in, not really that 'ridiculous', is it?"

No it's totally and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

https://www.bundesliga.com/de/statistiken/bundesliga/aktuelle-saison/alle-spieltage/club-statistiken/torschusse-latte-pfosten

In the BuLi for example. Bayern hit the woodwork 7 times in 11 games. not 19 times.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/hit_woodwork

Even in the Prem, where ManCity is shooting like crazy, they hit the woodwork 11 times in 11 games. And that's a total outlier (2nd most woodwork hits are 5)

7 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Agree with the point you're making in essence (that both shots on goal and woodwork hits are too high), but I'd wager the goals scored per match aren't proportionate to those inflated stats. FM19 had the same problem. 

By comparison, my team (highest scorers in the league), had a total of 801 shots across 46 league games (17 per game), with the woodwork being hit 55 times (1.19 per game) in total. 

Team scored 90 goals, a goal every 8.9 shots. 

That seems fine to me. 

It's possible his tactic is a high paced attacking tactic where your team pings shots from everywhere? 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

hitting the woodwork that many times is ridiculous lol. because again, they're going by percentage and not attributes and other things....for example, FM will feel im having too many shots so next time he has to hit the woodwork...football in real life isn't like that. 49 times is high, every game im hitting it twice, some games ive hit it 5 times

8 minutes ago, Robsontist said:

"Auba has 76 shots on target, 11 goals. but his attributes are very high, 17 finishing, 14 composure, 14 technique, places shot as PPM too...im not expecting 76 goals on even half, but only 11 goals from 76 shots on target?? "

to be fair, your woodwork stats seem incredible, but that is not the worst shot conversion. It's a bit low. But last year Auba scored 21 goals from 98 shots in the prem. And he has a very good (4th best) conversion rate. So for example Callum Wilson who was still the 10th best shot converter in the league scored 14 times from 70 Shots.

So it's seems a bit off. But it's not waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

21 goals from 98 shots....but this particular file, its 76 shots on target, not counting the ones off target and only 11 scored. he's had 166 shots all together

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By comparison, my team (highest scorers in the league), had a total of 801 shots across 46 league games (17 per game), with the woodwork being hit 55 times (1.19 per game) in total. 

Team scored 90 goals, a goal every 8.9 shots. 

That seems fine to me. 

It's possible your tactic is a high paced attacking tactic where your team pings shots from everywhere? 

55 times in 46 games is an awful lot. Last season in the PL (Okay, 38 games but can do the maths), City and Chelsea topped the charts with 21 each. Liverpool, who play very quick attacking football, hit it 18 times. 4th place was Palace with 16. It's nowhere near 1.19 times per match.

vor 1 Minute schrieb RDF Tactics:

21 goals from 98 shots....but this particular file, its 76 shots on target, not counting the ones off target and only 11 scored. he's had 166 shots all together

Please start a thread in the bugs forum and upload your save game. I think it is something that should be looked at by the coders.