Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, jc577 said:

Any thoughts on the inverted winger? Personally I think it’s a little more passive than I was expecting, especially in regards to dribbling with the ball, although it works really well when creating overloads and plays some nice through balls from out-wide. 

I'm finding the IW's very effective. Loving the overlapping with wing-backs.

If you haven't already done so, maybe set them with 'attacking' with 'take more risks'. 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Byrz said:

Still no way to see the height of a player on the mobile version? And the new inbox/messages lay out is very cumbersome and unintuitive on mobile version, there was nothing wrong with the old lay, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Please direct all comments regarding FM Mobile to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Just now, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

So it seems you are perfectly happy for referees to be giving 6 penalties a game then? As the attribute issues is affecting them too. How long would these referees be refereeing in your career game? The problem is massively game breaking from every point you look at it from. 

6 pens a game - clearly an exaggeration. Please provide details of soaks over a season and compare this to real-word statistics to enable comparison

2 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

So it seems you are perfectly happy for referees to be giving 6 penalties a game then? As the attribute issues is affecting them too. How long would these referees be refereeing in your career game? The problem is massively game breaking from every point you look at it from. 

27 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is speculation. The ME team are reviewing.

21 minutes ago, Cegidog said:

I have the opposite issue, just sold three squad players for way more than their value without doing anything. Premier league teams falling over themselves to make increasingly higher bids.

Interesting, although only opposite on one aspect. Maybe it's different at lower levels but I was quotred 210 million for Declan Rice, for example. Good player, but not exactly Messi. Still, I hope I'm wrong :)

3 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Never had 6 pens in a game, not seen any games with it either. And as I said, it's the same for both AI and the user. It's an issue, yes, but gamebreaking? Not for me.

1 minute ago, MrPompey said:

6 pens a game - clearly an exaggeration. Please provide details of soaks over a season and compare this to real-word statistics to enable comparison

I had 4 penalties in my last game =)

28 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is speculation. The ME team are reviewing.

I hope the hotfix includes penalty fix as well. Getting random multiple penalties completely ruins the game rendering carefully crafted tactics useless.

3 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I've had a game with 5 penalties in one game.

I've also had, at least one, penalty in each of my last 7 games. 7 in 6 in one save, then started a new save in a different country and the very first league game got another penalty. All of them "looked harsh" and the animation shows the defender winning the ball.

I'm holding off until the fix that's been promised is out before returning.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Never had 6 pens in a game, not seen any games with it either. And as I said, it's the same for both AI and the user. It's an issue, yes, but gamebreaking? Not for me.

May be not for you but Of course it is gamebreaking. This is more frightening than the player attribute bug imo as you don't even know which match will be ruined by the mentally defunct referees. 

7 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Someone posted a screenshot with 10 penalties in a game.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've had a game with 5 penalties in one game.

I've also had, at least one, penalty in each of my last 7 games. 7 in 6 in one save, then started a new save in a different country and the very first league game got another penalty. All of them "looked harsh" and the animation shows the defender winning the ball.

I'm holding off until the fix that's been promised is out before returning.

ONE game with 5 pens is not 6 pens in EVERY game

Not saying its not an issue but exaggerated comments dont help. SI are aware so lets move on

4 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

I had 4 penalties in my last game =)

I saw you have posted that in the bug section with a pkm. It always helps to have more sources of information to investigate, so even if SI don't need to end up checking something you have uploaded individually we'd always suggest you do. So if it happens in more games, or the others who are getting it wish to upload theirs as well it can be done.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

I've not seen that many and he's obviously exaggerating, but if there were penalties every game I have to say it would be a gamebreaker for me. Not seen it myself, though.

3 minutes ago, pats said:

May be not for you but Of course it is gamebreaking. This is more frightening than the player attribute bug imo as you don't even know which match will be ruined by the mentally defunct referees. 

Just now, hazzabish said:

I've not seen that many and he's obviously exaggerating, but if there were penalties every game I have to say it would be a gamebreaker for me. Not seen it myself, though.

It might break immersion, fair enough, but it's still the same for both sides of every match.

Edited by XaW

Just now, MrPompey said:

Not saying its not an issue but exaggerated comments dont help. SI are aware so lets move on

This was the leagues stats after 5 game weeks in my Day 1 save...

2026801388_LadbrokesPremiership_TeamDetailed.thumb.png.cd28557a4d3c10c02ee5f399101f4ccc.png.2fe44b2286b96b1fa0b344b1dd040ca9.png

... I didnt have this issue for the first season, but one of the patches has created the problem and its affected the refs, somehow, that were already in my game.

Not seeing the same penalty issues everyone else is having. I've probably had about 4 penalties (for and/or against) in 20 games in all competitions. I guess I'm an anomaly because these last few pages are suggesting the ME is a pen-fest. 

Just now, XaW said:

It might break immersion, fair enough, but it's still the same for both sides of every match.

Penalty issue is not same for both sides. If I'm playing a low block counter tactics against an opponent with high pressing possession tactics, I'm more likely to spend more time in my own box then the opponent's, thus increasing chances of more tackles being made hence more chances of penalties being awarded against me. This has actually happened to me in my save, that's why I know for a fact it's not the same for both sides. Low block counter is a perfectly legitimate tactics and I shouldn't be forced to spend time outside my own box just because the game doesn't want me to. 

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

Not seeing the same penalty issues everyone else is having. I've probably had about 4 penalties (for and/or against) in 20 games in all competitions. I guess I'm an anomaly because these last few pages are suggesting the ME is a pen-fest. 

Happens mostly in new saves and in lowerish leagues i think.

Just now, pats said:

Penalty issue is not same for both sides. If I'm playing a low block counter tactics against an opponent with high pressing possession tactics, I'm more likely to spend more time in my own box then the opponent's, thus increasing chances of more tackles being made hence more chances of penalties being awarded against me. This has actually happened to me in my save, that's why I know for a fact it's not the same for both sides. Low block counter is a perfectly legitimate tactics and I shouldn't be forced to spend time outside my own box just because the game doesn't want me to. 

But you have the advantage of knowing about this issue and the AI does not. That gives you an advantage as well.

11 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Did you continue a beta save? 

Maybe it has something to do with the same data bug, which seemingly also effected the referee hidden attributes on new saves after full release

Edited by yandex

3 hours ago, Release Day Blues said:

I've just seen a post in the bug forum about how news items still say things like "Burnley u23 have made a bid for" (albeit that wasn't the issue the poster was posting about).

Can SI confirm whether this is a bug or a feature?

If it's a bug, I reported it in here during beta, admittedly not in bug section but it should be blatant to anyone playing.

If it's a feature, does anyone agree with it? I can just about accept how Castilla bidding on someone would be different than Real Madrid, but even then most news outlets would say RM bid. For Scottish/English clubs it should ALL be the same thing.

If the chap just hasn't updated to full release then let me know.

Can any of the brave soldiers persevering confirm the above persists in release, or have views on it?

1 minute ago, XaW said:

But you have the advantage of knowing about this issue and the AI does not. That gives you an advantage as well.

Are you seriously implying that since I have the 'advantage' of knowing this issue, I should not use the tactics I want to use? Is this how the game is supposed to be played?

1 minute ago, yandex said:

Maybe it has something to do with the same data bug, which seemingly also effected the referee hidden attributes on new saves after full release

Referees are not affected, check your db. 

Aside from the obvious attribute issue. 

So after more matches, it seems penalties are a little better. And in general play is still better. 

Still still parts where there's a highlight but no highlight. Just the end of it. 

At the same time, shots from wingers and wingbacks seem ramped up a bit, which is most frustrating, as it means attacking plays go to waste. Becomes increasingly annoying when opposition teams sit deep and you're trying to break through. 

1v1s as well. Generally, it's no longer so productive to play as a counter attacking team either, as although you're in behind 3 or 4 times, you'll miss them all, and that's that. 

Attribute issue will definitely see a fix. Other issues may be FM20 bound. 

13 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

If multiple people are reporting the "anomaly" of 4-6 penalties a game, then it's a problem.  These aren't just one offs.  It's an issue.

Guys stop trying to be in denial about how issues exist in the game.  How much proof do you need that this just isn't normal?

Someone posting a screenshot with 5 penalty shots from ONE side in ONE game is enough for me, along with many others posting the penalties issue too.

Come on.

Edited by extremeskins04

So far so good and enjoying the game except for a three  issues and I am afraid its penalties and VAR use and poaching of youngsters.

I am playing as Ajax so a club that promotes youth and Man City have poached my best player aged 16 for £800,000 and I offered squad time and £20K a week when he turned professional and he would be in the first team starting next year and worth millions and a side like Ajax should not lose youth to other clubs in my opinion.

Secondly penalties are an issue even in bigger club saves and I have already had quite a few for and against and I understand its the same for both sides but watching a game with baited breath every time there is a tackle in the box is not good fun.

I also see a lot of VAR use in Holland and the referee must visit the monitor at least three or four times a game which is pretty annoying especially when you know the incident was outside the box.

Other than that a good move forward from 2019 and I think SI are on the right track.

My record is 4 pens in 1 game - in a game I won 20 (twenty)-0 - 5 yellows, 3 of which became 2nd yellows and therefore reds (pkm was posted yesterday, mods).  It was Ajax vs a lower league Dutch club in the cup.  But, I know why now on all counts (their players would have all had determination generated at the start of the save and therefore likely to all have been low, thus they folded - plus a ref who was probably 20 in discipline).

So, just a case of being patient and waiting for the fix - tbh, I'm waiting on a custom database anyway for my main save, so I'm lucky it hasn't impacted me as it has some of you who have started or want to start your main saves.  Hang in there, folks :)

11 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Happens mostly in new saves and in lowerish leagues i think.

9 minutes ago, yandex said:

As far as I'm aware, the beta and the full release use the same ME so I'm not sure it's even relevant, but I haven't played the full release yet. I will be doing so in the next hour though. 

Just now, Release Day Blues said:

You;ve checked every single referee?

If the penalty issue isn't this then it's something worse

Why should I check every single referee? It's a random check across 10 referees, stats are random as they are supossed to be. The penalty issue is something related to the ME, there was a similair issue that occured a long time ago, FM 17 beta I'm guessing. 

Just now, JDownie said:

As far as I'm aware, the beta and the full release use the same ME so I'm not sure it's even relevant, but I haven't played the full release yet. I will be doing so in the next hour though. 

The second stage of the beta was v2016 - the full release is v2020 - so there has been a change.

Just now, JDownie said:

The data bug has nothing to do with the ME. It's about the hidden attributes of youngsters and refs being completely screwed.

Hello all -

Started my long term save today but unfortunately I'm also seeing 1 determination across many of my players and staff.

Is it possible that the patch for this will correct my current save, or should I just stop playing and start fresh once it is out? 

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, FMFutbol said:

Hello all -

Started my long term save today but unfortunately I'm also seeing 1 determination across many of my players and staff.

Is it possible that the patch for this will correct my current save, or should I just stop playing and start fresh once it is out? 

Many thanks

We have no idea. The best you can do is wait for a fix, I'm sure SI will tell us if it will be save compatible.

4 minutes ago, FMFutbol said:

Hello all -

Many thanks

They don't know yet, so if you play, be aware you very well might have to restart from scratch :(

4 minutes ago, FMFutbol said:

Hello all -

Many thanks

You don't know until they actually fix it, but I'd be very, very surprised if it was save-game compatible given what appears to be wrong.

I could be wrong on that though, but given it seems like the fix is a priority, I'd hold off on advancing too far in a save in case you need to start again.

6 minutes ago, duesouth said:

The second stage of the beta was v2016 - the full release is v2020 - so there has been a change.

This isn't true. I've been playing 2020 for a few days now. And as I said, I haven't played since the full update. In fact I only bought the game because I was told and read on here that there was an update to 2020 and it was improved over 2016. I didn't even play v2016. 

Just now, JDownie said:

This isn't true. I've been playing 2020 for a few days now. And as I said, I haven't played since the full update. In fact I only bought the game because I was told and read on here that there was an update to 2020 and it was improved over 2016. I didn't even play v2016. 

He's correct though. the game release version differs from the last beta version, hence it's different. 

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

First ME in beta was 2000, last week we got 2016, and it turned to 2020 yesterday on launch.

8 minutes ago, Sanel said:

Why should I check every single referee? It's a random check across 10 referees, stats are random as they are supossed to be. The penalty issue is something related to the ME, there was a similair issue that occured a long time ago, FM 17 beta I'm guessing. 

That's plainly wrong though, some referees will have set attributes and other won't - which is the exact genesis of the player problem and may be why the penalties issue seems to be playing out only at some levels.

There's two options:

1 - your theory, is that the ME is so broken on penalties but SI didn't notice this over months of their own testing. The problem is therefore elusive and complicated and may never be fixed.

2 - my theory, is that the attributes issue (introduced shortly prior to release) is making a number of referees in the game absolutely useless and resulting in the giving out too many penalties at the levels they play in, which are not those most players begin in.

I'm no sycophant to SI, but in addition to genuinely hoping its the second one, I seriously think it's the more likely