Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Personally, my first impressions of the release ME aren't great. From watching AI v AI games, I'm seeing less variety in goals and central play is sadly dead on arrival. The 1 v 1 conversion issue isn't so prevalent, because their occurrence has been nerfed to the point where I've hardly seen any. Long shot wonder goals are back in fashion, and crossing opportunities are routinely ignored in favour of a pass inside.

This has the effect of compressing the play to the size of a sardine can, and strikers are frequently anonymous due to their static movement. I thought I'd launched FM19 at first. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary? I'm hoping the experience of others differs to mine. What continues to plague the match day experience is wide players running the length of the pitch (often by strolling past non-existent tackles), only to scuff or slice an attempt into the outer side netting.

100%, but FM19 was just as bad as this one :(

18 minutes ago, OldDirtyBingoCaller said:

And this is debunked directly afterwards by the next poster, that it in fact IS affecting newgens.

This is certainly not true.

8 hours ago, jc577 said:

Honestly, I haven’t seen any real improvements to the ME since the full release. 1v1s appear to be a bit less common, but the increase in conversion hasn’t followed suit. End product in general seems to be off; decision making, shots from wide angles etc, are all still quite apparent. I’ve seen some woeful - and I mean woeful - attempts at striking the football. I don’t know whether this is a realism addition as players do miss-hit the ball IRL, but it seems too common. 

Concur with this. I'll give the ME some more time but there are some glaring problems in place at the moment - the shots being way off target are back again; this was present in either 17/18 can't recall, where shots would end up near the corner flag. Such as a shame as I love the rest of the game but some of the antics in the ME are making it tough for me to go back in after a session.

9 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Ah, release date histrionics. Relax, I'm sure Si will have the hotfix for determination to us shortly.

Yeah, in a few days & this'll all be forgotten 

Shame, I've two days off work here, I'm gonna have to do chores :D

Edited by Johnny Ace

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I few days & this'll all be forgotten 

Shame, I've two days off work here, I'm gonna have to do chores :D

I decided to come in to work today as I'd already taken two off for the Beta release.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's only the young, newly generated players who start the game, is it not? All newgens from the first intake onwards are unaffected. Longer term, it'll become less of an issue until it becomes no issue at all. That's my understanding of it. I'm still on my first beta save, which is unaffected, so not 100% sure if this is correct

This. This is what has been stressed, it doesn't impact Newgens. Not seeing the massive issue, I never tend to use 'greyed out' players, which I believe are the only ones impacted?

1 minute ago, ChrisCo said:

This. This is what has been stressed, it doesn't impact Newgens. Not seeing the massive issue, I never tend to use 'greyed out' players, which I believe are the only ones impacted?

It's not the greyed out players, it's all the real players that start the game, so unless you want to go 20 years in the future it will impact you

1 minute ago, ChrisCo said:

It's not the greyed out players. It's young players (not regens) that don't have their stats set. It also affects refs. It is a big deal.

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

It's not the greyed out players, it's all the real players that start the game, so unless you want to go 20 years in the future it will impact you

This is untrue. It's not all real players - ONLY those with attributes not in the database.

See here: 

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

This is untrue. It's not all real players - ONLY those with attributes not in the database.

See here: 

So 80% of the database then. Cause one way or another, these players will have some of their (hidden) attributes set at random.

11 minutes ago, ChrisCo said:

Nope. As you can see, my Crewe squad (which features a lot of young players in the start database) is badly affected. Major problem if a non-negotiable requirement of the Club Culture & Vision is to develop said youth players!

image.thumb.png.b95dda73fa5c255daa75d0e863b3ac03.png

Edited by rdbayly

12 minutes ago, Connor said:

Will this attribute/determination "bug" impact my save if I am starting high up in the Premier League with Tottenham?

It impacts all saves. The majority of players loaded into the game with unset stats for consistency, determination, versatility, important matches and few other attributes will be set to 1 on a new game. In a typical new game this will affect thousands of players in the database including the most part of an entire generation of young players until the newgens start coming through.

Edited by Robioto

12 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

It's not the greyed out players. It's young players (not regens) that don't have their stats set. It also affects refs. It is a big deal.

My bad, thanks for clearing up. Hopefully we'll get a hotfix soon that will be compatible even though its a data issue.

Edited by ChrisCo

4 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I very much doubt it will be save game compatible. Would imagine a new save will have to be started.

Does this determination issue impact you if you're still on the latest public Beta and not the full game release?

13 hours ago, Sterling said:

Sadly 3d performance of the match engine is still terrible for me.

*Edit* Zoomed in TV or sideline view is fine, but zoomed out to see the majority of the field really has a huge performance hit.

i was the opposite in the beta. Haven't downloaded full game yet... Waiting and seeing

4 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Gaming journalism is a joke and has been for a long time. Take the opinion of many fellow users, not the opinion of one journo with a possible agenda.

Or even better, try it for yourself and ignore the whingers. They might be right, they might be wrong (in your opinion, which is all that should really matter to you where a single player computer game is concerned). Perception bias is 👎

Edited by martplfc1

2 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Or even better, try it for yourself and ignore the whingers. They might be right, they might be wrong (in your opinion, which is all that should really matter to you where a single player computer game is concerned). Perception bias is 👎

Yeah of course but in general that isn't easy to do. Not many games offer a demo these days, FM thankfully does. But a conversation for another thread.

18 минут назад, bahrami сказал:

The match engine on FM05 is better than the one today, and that's the truth.

Probably a problem in us. I can't enjoy almost all things which I did 15 or 10, even 5 years ago. FM05 (or 06 not sure) was a breakthrough for me, FM10 was a perfect, FM15 was a nice, last FMs were just as habit, inconvenient habit sometimes

6 minutes ago, Declan Cahill said:

i was the opposite in the beta. Haven't downloaded full game yet... Waiting and seeing

Nope the determination hasn't been fixed in full releases just like many things they haven't fixed 

Just now, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Tell you what is equally disappointing.....Mods, deleting perfectly acceptable posts/replies to other members posts in this thread which they deem NEGATIVE, Mods what happened to free speech? No aggression shown whatsoever, just merely pointing out that the game should not have been released in this state, yet numerous of my posts have been deleted. Not acceptable in the slightest.

Remember folk! Positive feedback only or get shut down!!!!

I remember a mod saying a few months ago that this forum is not a democracy.

Yeah... I'm going to wait for a fix, too. Started a new save. Just checked most of my promising players (not regens) with in game editor and many attributes are 1. Consistency and important matches are 1, determination is 18. I hope this gets fixed before the weekend so we can enjoy the game.

3 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

Tell you what is equally disappointing.....Mods, deleting perfectly acceptable posts/replies to other members posts in this thread which they deem NEGATIVE, Mods what happened to free speech? No aggression shown whatsoever, just merely pointing out that the game should not have been released in this state, yet numerous of my posts have been deleted. Not acceptable in the slightest.

Remember folk! Positive feedback only or get shut down!!!!

Now you're being ridiculous.

The mods are perfectly entitled to delete posts they deem unacceptable.  

31 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

See here: 

For me this has always been a problem when we go into the future. Presumably newgens don't have determination set to the extent that players who start the game do, and thus you tend to get even the most talented players with lower determination that the players they replace. I might be wrong about that but that's how it has always seemed to me.

2 hours ago, craiigman said:

I'm off work today, was ready to start a big save and dig in. Very disappointed to see there is a game braking bug with the attributes. When I hear Miles speak about him not wanting to release the beta until he is happy with the game, but then the full game releases with a bug of this scale, makes me question a lot of things.

The beta probably does help fix a lot of small bugs, which is why I guess it's still a thing. But last year and this year the community has picked up on some big issues, and nothing is done about it. I only bought the game yesterday and managed one friendly during the beta. Scored 2 identical goals, 1on1 keeper saved it, but scored the rebound. Noticed the shooting into side netting as well. From the posts these things seem to be well documented and not changed.

I'm starting to think that the more complicated the game becomes, the more difficult this is for a small studio to implement. I'm not one to stick up for developers if they charge the same price as a AAA title, but I think there needs to be more development time between games. As at the moment the ME just doesn't represent what a real game of football would look like (the stats at the end of the season might be close), and really that's what FM's whole point is.

Seems that the state of football games in general at the moment is not where is should be.

You know what, a 1 season save with Bayern is happening, not wasting the whole day. Will just delegate most things to staff. Hope there is a fix by the weekend.

16 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

'Whingers' are vital to make the game better.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

You show me where I have A) been abusive B) called for people to lose their jobs.

Ill wait respectfully & I expect an apology Neil. That is below the belt insinuating I have said that.

I explained that was a reason why we have removed posts. I also edited my post to indicate why we may have hidden some of yours. 

4 minutes ago, hazzabish said:

For me this has always been a problem when we go into the future. Presumably newgens don't have determination set to the extent that players who start the game do, and thus you tend to get even the most talented players with lower determination that the players they replace. I might be wrong about that but that's how it has always seemed to me.

That't not how it works. Newgens don't get the same values for any stat as a player that retired. Newgens are new, not like the regens of the older days.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

No, people who deliver some constructive input and bug reports are vital.

Indeed, which is why I put 'whingers' in quotation marks as I think his idea of whingers are those who criticise the game. Rightfully so in this instance given the determination thing, unfortunately. And I say that as someone who has bought every version that has ever existed, going back to CM 93.

Edited by hazzabish