Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tiger666 said:

Why do I see U23 fixtures when trying to arrange friendlies for the first team?

So that you're aware of other matches happening that involves your team. See it as a QoL addition.

Just now, Tiger666 said:

Ok. So how do I know which of thse matches is for which squad?

Capture.png

This is a UI issue. For competitive matches, it'll tell you which league, so that helps. The screen you show, with only friendlies, isn't clear at all. If you can report that in the bugs forum, that'd be great.

13 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

5dccc33a33c7b524a54ba4fc542a207e.png

If this is what people are calling "wde shots" I have bad news. This is the widest shot I had in some games, and is normal af.

tbh in that special case I can see why he is shooting look at where your other players are positioned. But I witness this also one or two times per match perhaps when they have a great oppurtunity to pass and shoots instead.

4 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

5dccc33a33c7b524a54ba4fc542a207e.png

If this is what people are calling "wde shots" I have bad news. This is the widest shot I had in some games, and is normal af.

The issue is when they have better options. Like 3 vs 1 with an unmarked man in the centre, and they always shoot on the side of the net.

Your situation is normal.

Just now, ugo85 said:

I can't access the hotfixed 20.1.3 database when I load up a new game. The option isnt anywhere to be seen. It always says its using 20.1.0 database. How do I access the new one?

The database is 20.1.0. which is different to the game version.

This is really doing my head in. I'm trying to sell players but first of all the head of youth development rejected the transfer on behalf of management due to the low fee. After I sacked the head of youth development and then tried to sell the player again, the assistant manager rejected the transfer on behalf of management. Would the assistant really overrule a managers decision to sell a player. Is there any way around this and has anybody else had the same problems selling players. Thanks.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

The database is 20.1.0. which is different to the game version.

Sorry, your response isn't clear and Im slow at the best of times. Are you saying that 20.1.0 is the updated database and that is what I should be using?

I ask because I bought the game as beta and everytime there was an update or fix, the option to update always appeared once I launched the game. Now there is no option and it just plays the 20.1.0 database which was the number given for the database with the unset attributes bug. The hotfix came out and everyone was talking about the 20.1.3 database so I was assuming that 20.1.3 was the database I would be expecting...

1 minute ago, ugo85 said:

Sorry, your response isn't clear and Im slow at the best of times. Are you saying that 20.1.0 is the updated database and that is what I should be using?

I ask because I bought the game as beta and everytime there was an update or fix, the option to update always appeared once I launched the game. Now there is no option and it just plays the 20.1.0 database which was the number given for the database with the unset attributes bug. The hotfix came out and everyone was talking about the 20.1.3 database so I was assuming that 20.1.3 was the database I would be expecting...

Game version is 20.1.3
Db version is 20.1.0.

So if you're on db 20.1.0 you're good to go.

1 minute ago, ugo85 said:

The problem was with the attributes that are NOT in the database. Those attributes are set when starting a new game, so the change was to the game version and not database. I think.

Just now, Mikke said:

The problem was with the attributes that are NOT in the database. Those attributes are set when starting a new game, so the change was to the game version and not database. I think.

Gotcha. I need lots of words. My brain works a particular way you see...

1 minute ago, Mikke said:

That is correct :thup: 

2 minutes ago, Armistice said:

My question is - does the demo get the updates along with the full game?

The demo does get updated, like every year, yes. It might not be as immediate, but it does.

23 minutes ago, Purple said:

This is really doing my head in. I'm trying to sell players but first of all the head of youth development rejected the transfer on behalf of management due to the low fee. After I sacked the head of youth development and then tried to sell the player again, the assistant manager rejected the transfer on behalf of management. Would the assistant really overrule a managers decision to sell a player. Is there any way around this and has anybody else had the same problems selling players. Thanks.

Sounds like you have responsibilities set up to give these guys the power to do this. The board can always veto transfers but any other staff should only do this if you've delegated the authority?

I believe this year sees some rough edges. There is some views which in my opinion has taken a step backwards, especially ones regarding the overview of staff numbers, how you negotiate with potential staff members and the fact you have to train the youth and reserve team to get them in the sidebar. Overall the UI is good to me though. The match engine has been very unsatisfactory in the beta phase due to one on ones and ridiculous attempts from tight angles. That seems to have been fixed, and I believe the current state is pretty good. Things like building from the back is better than ever.

One last thing, in future games I would love to see an option to remove 3D completely from the game. No manager avatar, no 3D match engine and no backgrounds. People with less capable computers probably care more about having a silent and smooth experience, rather than having a cool boardroom background while their computer sounds like taking off. I'm not saying 3D isn't an important aspect to some people, but to others it would be great to have an option to get rid of it to gain a bit more performance.

36 minutos atrás, emil_sbn disse:

tbh in that special case I can see why he is shooting look at where your other players are positioned. But I witness this also one or two times per match perhaps when they have a great oppurtunity to pass and shoots instead.

I can too and that's why I say it's normal. My players don't cross nor shoot on sight unless they really don't have other option. Right now I had a guy without angle, goal mostly open and he did a cut back to other guy. So I can't understand what people are talking about, to me is just plain normal situations that I see 50 times in a week across many games.

The only thing I would say I see is corner being so easy to score against poor teams, and even that it's kinda normal. Who doesn't see a big team playing like crap and only scoring from set pieces? Even my favourite team in real life, FC Porto, since middle of last season scores almost exclusively from corners and free kicks, they had a 2/3 months run where they only scored from set pieces.

2 minutos atrás, rdbayly disse:

Spurs just sacked Poch?!

Finally. They play like the bottom of Portuguese league when they play someone on their level, like they don't have any ambition at all. I lost half of my respect for Poch since 2 years ago.

29 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

Finally. They play like the bottom of Portuguese league when they play someone on their level, like they don't have any ambition at all. I lost half of my respect for Poch since 2 years ago.

Editor version is 20.1.2 - shouldn't be the same as the game's version?

44 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Been playing the demo for an hour and found three UI bugs already. Not a great start.

Get them reported then dude, I think I see some squiffy stuff at times but never sure enough to report it 

Just a small thing, but it's a little disappointing that you don't get the message about one of your players (particularly young players) making their debuts for the team. Gave a guy from our intake a sub appearance in a late season game, but there was no post-match message about it being a 'proud day for him' etc etc. Has anyone else noticed this?

Just as gamebreaking as the attributes bug IMO. :lol:

4 minutes ago, luigiluigi said:

Do tactical briefings offer anything this year? Seemed like the biggest waste of time last year. Was it not just clicking buttons to go over what your team instructions already said?

They add to the immersion for me. Also, it can give your team a small boost if they react positively to what you're focusing on. Not that I get to experience them at the moment as I'm in charge of a part-time side that has no training the day before a game - the only day you can have the briefing. 

However, if you find them to be a waste of time, there is absolutely no requirement for you to go anywhere near them. 

8 minutes ago, luigiluigi said:

Do tactical briefings offer anything this year? Seemed like the biggest waste of time last year. Was it not just clicking buttons to go over what your team instructions already said?

skipped last year and this year too whats the point does it add any boost on certain areas? seems to going fine anyway =)

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

They add to the immersion for me. Also, it can give your team a small boost if they react positively to what you're focusing on. Not that I get to experience them at the moment as I'm in charge of a part-time side that has no training the day before a game - the only day you can have the briefing. 

However, if you find them to be a waste of time, there is absolutely no requirement for you to go anywhere near them. 

I've been repeating this since Pre match briefings were introduced into FM...

"

I really wish any requests made with the Pre-match Tactical Briefings would only affect the upcoming match. After the match concludes, it should revert back to my default team tactics and instructions. That seems more logical imo as those briefings are meant to be opponent specific. If I want to exploit the flank vs my next opponent and play counter-attack, it doesn't mean I want to change my default tactic forever. How it is currently, I ignore every single PTB's.
  • "

I turned off Brexit before the Hotfix in the pre game editor, will the Hotfix automatically include that option in the new game or do I have to do it again with an updated database?

Think others mentioned it would have been nice to have a turn Brexit off box you can tick, cause at the moment we don't know exactly what's going to happen so may as well leave it up the individual to decide.

My most talented youngster just got his personality changed from perfectionist to fairly professional it coincided with his determination went down one point, he is not being mentored either.

Can it go up again maybe if I start playing him?

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Loving the match engine this year. One of the big improvements for me is unlike most of FM19, I've finally got a centre forward that scores goals. In fact, I've not had this good a striker at any level since about FM15. 

KyleMcf.thumb.PNG.42dd00ce4c61d65bdd916bbf6ff31968.PNG

what skin is this?

6 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Central striker movement is really something. They just stand round about the middle of the edge f the box and move between there and the penalty spot. 

What role?