Group F Conclusion - Korea Republic VS Germany & Mexico VS Sweden (3pm BST)

Baptista_8

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Who do we get then?

Im all excited and confused right now.. just  give us the cup.

As it stands, we play Senegal and meet Brazil/Mexico if we won.

2 minutes ago, daylight said:

A lot of Germans underperformed, I was really looking forward to seeing Werner, he was atrocious. 

This. I fancied Werner to be a real star and possible golden boot winner.

13 minutes ago, Djstu23 said:

3 out of 3 World Champions out in the groups in the last 3 tournaments, amazing.

4 out of 5 in the last 5.

Winning a world cup is clearly dangerous and should be avoided. 

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think keeping the same group is. I can understand Germany doing that to an extent because their players are still good ages, but something goes missing. I don't know what. I can't really explain it, but the pattern is pretty clear with teams holding on to the same group.

Germany went 10/10 in qualifying too. So not sure what happened.

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

We've been avoiding winning world cups for half a century and still couldn't get out the group stage last time around :D 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Everyone on that team underperformed, but Muller is just useless.
I have never seen a player decline so much within such a short period, like ever.

why does he play as a RM for his club/nation? Werner seemed to be playing wide at the end as well

14 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Everyone on that team underperformed, but Muller is just useless.
I have never seen a player decline so much within such a short period, like ever.

This applies to a number of that team. A lot of the same players were part of that team which destroyed England and seemed so fresh and exciting in 2010, in 2014 they were incredibly dominant and for that whole era they just seemed to have another brilliant young player coming through every season. They shouldn't be too old yet. 

Now they're so mediocre - it's astonishing to see a team like that so slow of thought and action and afraid to take any risks, it's like watching a Gordon Strachan team. 

35 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

*Braces for people thinking having Sane would single handedly changed everything about German team.*

Wouldn't have changed everything, but would have to be blind to not watch their games and see that they lacked energy, pace and just all around athleticism in the final third which Sane has in abundance. Not like he had a shocking season or been out for large periods, was the complete opposite. 

Ozil was a complete joke all World Cup. Arsenal fans must be dreading seeing him involved a lot next season on his big new contract. Guy is playing like he's retired to China.

Archived