Group F Conclusion - Korea Republic VS Germany & Mexico VS Sweden (3pm BST)

Baptista_8

39 minutes ago, Razzler said:

Well, absolutely no one is seriously saying 'it's coming home' in England, they never do, hasn't been said for years but it won't stop people saying 'it's coming home, lads' whenever we even score a goal as though this is the national mindset, getting giddy at the mere hint of positivity with the team. Reality is, England fans aren't remotely as clueless as that

Don’t bet on it! Plenty of Neanderthals on my site getting all lairy about our chances.

Though if we lose to Belgium those same blokes will go back to “we’re crap, bunch of overpaid fannies”. And the club loyalties will kick back in and it will be “Kane/Sterling/Henderson/Lingard etc are *****”

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

I thought Germany viewed England in the same way England view Scotland. 

Basically, it’s a one-way rivalry. 

Basically.  Scotland see our biggest rivalry as England.  England don't really, although I'm sure they enjoyed the 4 points over qualifying last time out.  England probably see Germany as their main rival.  Then again, Germany don't really see that either, and I think it's always said that they'd rather have a rivalry with the Netherlands.

Germany's input and thoughts are not required in this situation for people to laugh at them.

They're clearly Germany with all their successes but it's nice for them to feel some disappointment. they don't care what England thinks or anyone else but it's still amusing.

I don't think they're particularly likeable atm tbh and on the back of Bierhoff's sarcastic clapping at how Sweden had somehow prevented this free flowing attacking football from Germany happening and they deserved to lose, well, these were 3 pretty poor group games, very out of character for the 'tournament team' Germany and ... well, nice to laugh at them for a change!

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Don’t bet on it! Plenty of Neanderthals on my site getting all lairy about our chances.

Though if we lose to Belgium those same blokes will go back to “we’re crap, bunch of overpaid fannies”. And the club loyalties will kick back in and it will be “Kane/Sterling/Henderson/Lingard etc are *****”

I think these kind of people fall under the 'not serious' though. They're idiots

What a complete disaster! 

The team lacked passion, will to win, creativity, pace, well more or less everything. I couldn't see any ofthe usual German strenghts and the team looked clueless and not that bothered. No one really impressed, and players like Khedira, Boateng, Werner really should've done more. But the worst one was Özil - I never want to see him wearing the German shirt again! One thing is playing bad, but his attitude is awful and he's lazy.

The main culprit must be Löw though. Asidesfrom some weird choices in the squad selction, he failed totally managing the ones he selected. Why the hell did he take Khedira and Özil back, when things worked much better without them against Sweden? Why continue playing Werner, when Gomez clearly was more dangerous when he came on? I'm thnakful for what he's done for German football the last 12 years, butt he really needs to go. A huge rebuild needs to be done, and Löw is not the right man for that job.

8 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

What a complete disaster! 

The team lacked passion, will to win, creativity, pace, well more or less everything. I couldn't see any ofthe usual German strenghts and the team looked clueless and not that bothered. No one really impressed, and players like Khedira, Boateng, Werner really should've done more. But the worst one was Özil - I never want to see him wearing the German shirt again! One thing is playing bad, but his attitude is awful and he's lazy.

The main culprit must be Löw though. Asidesfrom some weird choices in the squad selction, he failed totally managing the ones he selected. Why the hell did he take Khedira and Özil back, when things worked much better without them against Sweden? Why continue playing Werner, when Gomez clearly was more dangerous when he came on? I'm thnakful for what he's done for German football the last 12 years, butt he really needs to go. A huge rebuild needs to be done, and Löw is not the right man for that job.

Interesting post Orzelek. 

Out of interest, who would you expect the DFB to target as his replacement? Are there any "obvious" shouts? 

For a long time the German national manager has been a given. Nobody has really thought about life after Löw (maybe they have in Germany; I can't claim to know). Do you believe in life after Löw? 

Joking aside :D Who is expected  (If anyone)? 

25 minutes ago, Orzelek said:

Why the hell did he take Khedira and Özil back, when things worked much better without them against Sweden? 

Whilst I agree with you a lot of his decisions were odd including bringing Khedira back, you were shockingly bad against Sweden as well.

Brandt was the weird one for me. Did more in ten minutes than most of his teammates in 90 for the first two games, didn't get off the bench until the 78th minute in the third either. 

On FM your average customer player would have rage quit, as somewhat comparable feedback is just not there (and chances are hugely misjudged all the friggin time, in no small parts thanks to how football has been presented on telly for decades).

Hep59Q6.jpg

I think the percentage of times this happens in FM is much higher than in real life obviously. 70 out of the 100 games in FM have a South Korea - Germany scenario. Still interesting to also see it happen in real life of course. 

10 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Whilst I agree with you a lot of his decisions were odd including bringing Khedira back, you were shockingly bad against Sweden as well.

Brandt was the weird one for me. Did more in ten minutes than most of his teammates in 90 for the first two games, didn't get off the bench until the 78th minute in the third either. 

I'm not saying that they played brilliantly against Sweden, but I liked the fight & attitude of the team.

And I agree about Brandt - definitely a player who deserved more time.

11 hours ago, JDownie said:

Interesting post Orzelek. 

Out of interest, who would you expect the DFB to target as his replacement? Are there any "obvious" shouts? 

For a long time the German national manager has been a given. Nobody has really thought about life after Löw (maybe they have in Germany; I can't claim to know). Do you believe in life after Löw? 

Joking aside :D Who is expected  (If anyone)? 

Noone thought of this scenario o any other which included Löw getting sacked or quiting. Even if Germany had gone out in the quarterinals, noone would doubt that Löw was the right man for the job. But letting him continue after this disaster would be insane IMO.

There's no obvious candidate, but the team needs new ideas, change of attitude and try to find their joy of playing. So I'd go for Klopp :cool: 

1 minute ago, Orzelek said:

Noone thought of this scenario o any other which included Löw getting sacked or quiting. Even if Germany had gone out in the quarterinals, noone would doubt that Löw was the right man for the job. But letting him continue after this disaster would be insane IMO.

There's no obvious candidate, but the team needs new ideas, change of attitude and try to find their joy of playing. So I'd go for Klopp :cool: 

Ooft, Klopp would be very interesting indeed. Unfortunately I think he's the kind of man who is destined to be a club manager throughout his career, maybe he'll take international management when he's too old to jump around like a lunatic :D

I certainly don't see him leaving Liverpool after the season they've just had and with their intent in the market, but it would be very very interesting to see how he does. 

1 minute ago, Bigwig said:

I think the days of International Management being the pinnacle of a manager’s career are over. 

Are there many international teams who have arguably the top managers?

Well Spain had Lopetegui but he was hopping ship regardless. 

Otherwise I think you're right. I'm struggling to think of any really. 

7 hours ago, Cedrik said:

I think the percentage of times this happens in FM is much higher than in real life obviously.

You mean players confusing attempts for quality, massively misjudging chances and by such increasing the likelyhood of dropping the points? That very obviously happens all the time indeed.

Archived